SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

My tacho reads at 6300 i tink.

Be remided tt if u change sprocket size, ur speedo wont be accurate as the sensor is configures tp stock sprox settings

Ah.. Didn't think of the speedo.. Thanks.

6300 seemed bait high to me, maybe used to car being 2plus to 3. How u all tahan the noise? Can't imagine the fuel consumption also..

Cuz of that, ive been riding at 80 plus to 90 kmh. :(

Also, if u feel the seat vibrate at high speeds, what could be the cause? Can't think of any.. Rear wheel bearing?

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

estimated cost of the shrouds?

$130, plain colours, colours are limited, includes installation and brackets.

For decals on the shrouds, pls consult shop for quotation as prices varies.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

6300 seemed bait high to me, maybe used to car being 2plus to 3. How u all tahan the noise? Can't imagine the fuel consumption also..

Also, if u feel the seat vibrate at high speeds, what could be the cause? Can't think of any.. Rear wheel bearing?

High RPM? Bike is different from car, 400cc bike vs a normal 1600cc car, wat do u think?

fuel consumption is still definity better than car.

Vibrations? minor one confirm can feel it, we are on bikes here hello?? :p

Noisy? Just treat it as "music" to the ears :D

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Nono not the belly pan i want is the. side fairing i think its like the scrambler bikes that kind. at the side one

for everybody's information..its not 'its like the scrambler bikes'..they ARE from a scrambler model and brand name Honda CRF..used to be in scrambler community..idk how the shrouds shifted from crf to S4..i saw even a fireblade 400 using the shrouds instead of their own fairings..

Ah.. Didn't think of the speedo.. Thanks.

Cuz of that, ive been riding at 80 plus to 90 kmh. :(

are u new to biking?what noise?what exhaust are u using?im using stock exhaust and it sounds damn quiet for my liking..anyway..dont ride slow too often..its not a 2b bike..its 400cc and its rpm is until 15 for a reason..dont worry about ur engine.

im riding my spec 1 always cruising about 7-8 rpm at 110km/h-130km/h and doing 380km full tank :)

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

are u new to biking?what noise?what exhaust are u using?im using stock exhaust and it sounds damn quiet for my liking..anyway..dont ride slow too often..its not a 2b bike..its 400cc and its rpm is until 15 for a reason..dont worry about ur engine.

im riding my spec 1 always cruising about 7-8 rpm at 110km/h-130km/h and doing 380km full tank :)

bro, you got damn goood FC!!!

mine max only 320km at best

CB400 Spec 1

lol.. erms, i had a krr about 3 yrs ago, rode it for 1yr. but i can't remember the rpm it was doing. just remembered it was a fun n cheap bike. im pretty new to this 2A scene n 4cyl (which btw sounds wayyy cooler than the peh peh sound of 2b, no offence :p).

im on some yoshi pipe, not too sure of the model, thou i quite like the sound at low revs and when the vtec kicks in.. but yeah, the constant drone when cruising gets irritating after awhile.

today i tried using ear plugs in an west-east trip and it made things much better. left with the wind noise but its okay. :D

paiseh, i have 1 last qn about this rpm thing. The vtec kicks in at ard 6300+ rpm right? I notice that if u're cruising at 100, its ard the range where vtec kicks in.

is it ok to hang around that speed? you know, like this sitting on the fence feeling. i mean the vtec thing will be like on-off-on-off as the speed changes when u go uphill and down.. can hear the change in engine tone up n down.

will it spoil the vtec mechanism?

do you think it's better to just remain either at 90 or at 110 so the vtec is either on or off firmly?

apologies if the qn sounds silly.. haha. sometimes i have a weird imagination. :)

will not spoilt anything, ride safe

bro, ur 320km before or include reserve??

how abt loudnessFz?

btw do anyone encounter this prob? im riding a 10yr old spec 1 and once after i tried hitting 140km/h ++ (usually riding at 90++ to 110++), my bike start to have prob igniting, even after resting my bike for 2-3hrs only. it used to ignite on first start without having to throttle, but now i need to try a few time, sometime must throttle abit.

then when it ignite, the rpm will rch abt 900 to 1k, then slowly go up to 1.4k. what could be the problem? or is it common among old bike?

i dun have voltmeter installed yet, and din have the time to check my batt. my friend tried riding my bike in CP and he say its normal.

another prob i encounter is my bike take abt 1sec to respond to throttling after increasing gear, usually from gear 1 to gear 4..

can anyone advised?

thanks in advance.

my 320km includes reserve cos i got stuck on SLE before, tank totally empty. shake the bike also cant hear any petrol sound. was using Caltex 95 and on blueflame pipe

edit: and i usually only ride at 90km/h - 95km/h with 6.5rpm and below

CB400 Spec 1

well i think..now my fc drop already coz i change my sprocket from 15/46 to 15/44..yet to monitor my FC full tank coz nowadays i seldom ride out..always ride around wdlds so fuel nvr finish..haha..tmrw start school..see how my fc again when i travel to n fro wdlds tamp..

lol.. erms, i had a krr about 3 yrs ago, rode it for 1yr. but i can't remember the rpm it was doing. just remembered it was a fun n cheap bike. im pretty new to this 2A scene n 4cyl (which btw sounds wayyy cooler than the peh peh sound of 2b, no offence :p).

im on some yoshi pipe, not too sure of the model, thou i quite like the sound at low revs and when the vtec kicks in.. but yeah, the constant drone when cruising gets irritating after awhile.

today i tried using ear plugs in an west-east trip and it made things much better. left with the wind noise but its okay. :D

paiseh, i have 1 last qn about this rpm thing. The vtec kicks in at ard 6300+ rpm right? I notice that if u're cruising at 100, its ard the range where vtec kicks in.

is it ok to hang around that speed? you know, like this sitting on the fence feeling. i mean the vtec thing will be like on-off-on-off as the speed changes when u go uphill and down.. can hear the change in engine tone up n down.

will it spoil the vtec mechanism?

do you think it's better to just remain either at 90 or at 110 so the vtec is either on or off firmly?

apologies if the qn sounds silly.. haha. sometimes i have a weird imagination. :)

btw ur riding what spec eh?spec 1 normally opens at 7rpm,nah dont worry..it wont spoil..im sure honda include the vtec for this kind of purpose..on and off..one thing i normally heard the s4 engine will be damaged is when u always drag ur gears to very high rpm..piston break la..conrod split la..and sorts..i guess 400cc is still not as durable as 600cc above..

how abt loudnessFz?

btw do anyone encounter this prob? im riding a 10yr old spec 1 and once after i tried hitting 140km/h ++ (usually riding at 90++ to 110++), my bike start to have prob igniting, even after resting my bike for 2-3hrs only. it used to ignite on first start without having to throttle, but now i need to try a few time, sometime must throttle abit.

then when it ignite, the rpm will rch abt 900 to 1k, then slowly go up to 1.4k. what could be the problem? or is it common among old bike?

i dun have voltmeter installed yet, and din have the time to check my batt. my friend tried riding my bike in CP and he say its normal.

another prob i encounter is my bike take abt 1sec to respond to throttling after increasing gear, usually from gear 1 to gear 4..

can anyone advised?

thanks in advance.

mine include reserve..i think its ur carb problem...carb may not be synchronised anymore?like..the 4 carbs arent providing the same fuel/air mixture..im not so sure..or valve problem...

about the hot start..its like that..its normal..even 2b bikes need to throttle a bit for a hot start,while they can start perfectly when theyre cold...the cb400 manual even stated that u may need to throttle a bit when ur engine's hot.

regarding ur rpm..like i mentioned above..it could be carb prob..need to service it..i got a few friends having the same prob as u..as for my case..my s4 starts well,my engine straightaway go to rpm 1.4,and not slowly going up..

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

Hi Guys, just wanted to check if Revo's stock signals are led? thinking of getting for my S4 cos am looking for led signal lights which ard that size but instead of orange i am considering the transparent one cos it brighter. Any idea where can i get and the price? Thanks in advance.Cheers!:)

:shades: CBR 1000rr:{12-??} :shades:

Hi bros, had a big problem nw. juz bought a ver S 2 days ago and

this morning i discover my bike is leaking coolant fr the side a small hole.

went to a bike shop and uncle tell me my cyclinder head spoit le change gasket also

no use muz chhage the whole head. even if i go bk bikeshop they will also juz seal up e hole

and eventuallly will overflow inside causing damage to plug. he found a 2nd hand head for

six hundred.

i than went back to e shop tat sell me e bike and they say will help me wield back for

free. but i scare it wont cure e problem, is it really useful? who should i trust?

Hi bros, had a big problem nw. juz bought a ver S 2 days ago and

this morning i discover my bike is leaking coolant fr the side a small hole.

went to a bike shop and uncle tell me my cyclinder head spoit le change gasket also

no use muz chhage the whole head. even if i go bk bikeshop they will also juz seal up e hole

and eventuallly will overflow inside causing damage to plug. he found a 2nd hand head for

six hundred.

i than went back to e shop tat sell me e bike and they say will help me wield back for

free. but i scare it wont cure e problem, is it really useful? who should i trust?

u should go back to the bike shop which u bought ur s4 and ask them to fix for u cuz u onli just bought for 2 day they should fix back ur problem for u

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w255/e-dead/bike-1.jpg

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q708/idunowor/1_zps8d7b4326.jpg

ya finally i went back to the shop that sold me the bike, luckly the boss still good say nvm he will take care of it. he say he will wield it up

and he have done alot for Ver R & S le. ok la i trust him... but i hope it will not be like cure the problem but not the root...

finger cross

where to buy same like orignal signal cover but it is tinted black..??????

i think onli orignal de got tinted black ba it cost 100+ (forgot abt actual price)for a apair :sian:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w255/e-dead/bike-1.jpg

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q708/idunowor/1_zps8d7b4326.jpg

mine include reserve..i think its ur carb problem...carb may not be synchronised anymore?like..the 4 carbs arent providing the same fuel/air mixture..im not so sure..or valve problem...

about the hot start..its like that..its normal..even 2b bikes need to throttle a bit for a hot start,while they can start perfectly when theyre cold...the cb400 manual even stated that u may need to throttle a bit when ur engine's hot.

regarding ur rpm..like i mentioned above..it could be carb prob..need to service it..i got a few friends having the same prob as u..as for my case..my s4 starts well,my engine straightaway go to rpm 1.4,and not slowly going up..

thanks for the help.. was told by ah pek previously that my carb may be dirty due to fuel backflow, causing my exhaust to have v strong fuel smell! think its time for a carb wash and retune.. any suggestions where should i go to and how much will it cost?? i stay in the east... i know planet is good. where else?

thanks for the help.. was told by ah pek previously that my carb may be dirty due to fuel backflow, causing my exhaust to have v strong fuel smell! think its time for a carb wash and retune.. any suggestions where should i go to and how much will it cost?? i stay in the east... i know planet is good. where else?

u can try unique, i always go unique or planet. there another shop behind safra, shop called power wheel, not bad also. sometime buy my parts from them.