SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

abit off topic but where can i get these turn signal?I tried LAB but could't find.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1194/photo1wu.jpg

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9872/photo22l.jpg

the signal light look exactly like suzuki gsr 400 signal light

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys i just return from bike shop, and they told me that my waterpump(180) and thermostat(65) need to change, along with the stock coolant hose (180), engine ice (50) and some 3 way pump thing (65).. dunno if i remember the price correctly but they quote me 530 tentatively if the metal hose is still okay..

isit a lil overpriced? now my whole bike feels like a hot pan when im riding...

bring ur bike to other few bike shop to have a look . get more opinion . u get ur quote from which bike shop ?

guys...anybody ever pump in diesel into their bike before?

i pumped diesel at caltex just now...i thought wanna fill in 98..n thinking that it was like esso..i pick up the red hose..and happy2 pump in until when i wanna pay the cashier told me i pumped diesel..knnccb..

haha

tried to drain as much as i can and pump 10 litres of petrol after that..after a few blow out eventually my bike has failed..now waiting to tow to bikeshop n do tmrw...

wats the worst case scenario that can happen?and anybody ever encounter this before?i was so tired i didnt bother to read the labels..and just picked up by color..haiz

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

i pumped diesel at caltex just now...i thought wanna fill in 98..n thinking that it was like esso..i pick up the red hose..and happy2 pump in until when i wanna pay the cashier told me i pumped diesel..knnccb..

haha

tried to drain as much as i can and pump 10 litres of petrol after that..after a few blow out eventually my bike has failed..now waiting to tow to bikeshop n do tmrw...

wats the worst case scenario that can happen?and anybody ever encounter this before?i was so tired i didnt bother to read the labels..and just picked up by color..haiz

wah unlucky! the staff there not vigilant enough to stop you. sad case

haha

just drain out the diesel and then use some petrol to wash ur tank , maybe ur carburator need to remove and wash as well , it will be abit hard to start and maybe black smoke will be coming out from ur exhaust when u start

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w255/e-dead/bike-1.jpg

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q708/idunowor/1_zps8d7b4326.jpg

Hi all,

I am planning to go touring in malaysia with a few of my friends, its the first time any of us will be touring in malaysia. Any seasoned veteran who frequently tour malaysia have any important advice for us? is there any important number we should have in case our bikes breaks down halfway?

Yep - I get a similar noise around 3K-3.5K revs. I've narrowed it down to 2 things -1) the IU-ERP device and 2) the glass pieces covering the rev counter and speed dials. My local garage helpfully put some sponge in to damp the vibrations of the IU. For the dials I've not figured a solution... yet!

Thanks a lot!! After looking at my bike, realized that one screw from the fork brace had fallen out. Thought that was the cause n removed the whole brace. Then the sound was still there. I nv would have suspected that it was the dials.. Touched it when I was riding n the sound went away.. at least now I know the cause, weekend I'll try got insulate it.

haha

Thought diesel have one special handle u have to lift b4 u can pump?

Hope u nv start the bike.. Diesel has a very low octane number, can risk detonation in your cylinders n whole engine up lorry. :(

Edit: oops, u started the bike le. Hais.... All the best. :(

[Q] hey guys, can anyone recommend me any good shop selling 2nd hand spec 3? advice is deeply appreciated thanks.

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Suzuki Best 110 - June '10 - Oct '10

Phantom TA200 - Oct '10 - Sept '11

CB400 Vtec Spec I - Sept '11 - Oct '15

Phantom TA200 - Oct '15 - ???

Thought diesel have one special handle u have to lift b4 u can pump?

Hope u nv start the bike.. Diesel has a very low octane number, can risk detonation in your cylinders n whole engine up lorry. :(

Edit: oops, u started the bike le. Hais.... All the best. :(

can risk detonation?what do u mean?the engine explode?

anyway i just collected my bike...i got most of it drained before starting the bike..i changed the plug only...theres some leftovers in my tank though..now my bike smells like lorry..

anyway caltex doesnt have the special handle..and its red in colour!i seldom fill up at caltex..and usually at esso and shell..colours do play a part..haiz

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

anyway i just collected my bike...i got most of it drained before starting the bike..i changed the plug only...theres some leftovers in my tank though..now my bike smells like lorry..

anyway caltex doesnt have the special handle..and its red in colour!i seldom fill up at caltex..and usually at esso and shell..colours do play a part..haiz

Be more careful next time bro. Dont everytime happy happy pump only. Hahahaha... Best if you service your carb also.

"Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory"...

good to hear that it's alright, think luckily u manage to dilute it b4 starting. if not might be bad. bike compression ratio is quite high also, much higher than car. detonation or knocking is when the air fuel mixture ignities before the piston reaches the top and the spark plugs fire.

but although diesel has a lower RON number, diesel is 'thicker' than petrol and doesn't evaporate as quickly as petrol. it is true that diesel is more oily and lubricates your fuel pump, but it may also clog up your jet (if carb), wet out your spark plugs, or damage your injectors (for FI). guess it depends on the design of the parts and luck also.

next time see carefully b4 pumping lo..

i guess maybe in sg they dun have this safety thing cuz the pump attendants do the work for drivers who don't know. I noticed this 'feature' at pump stations in australia. big 'warning! diesel' on a tab that u have to lift to free the nozzle. another safety feature is the nozzle for diesel is bigger than petrol, so it won't fit in most cars. but of coz doesn't apply to bikes.

Hi all,

I am planning to go touring in malaysia with a few of my friends, its the first time any of us will be touring in malaysia. Any seasoned veteran who frequently tour malaysia have any important advice for us? is there any important number we should have in case our bikes breaks down halfway?

Join me for my Friday trip lah!

As for breakdowns.. prevention is always better than cure... have your bike's service and maintain in tip top condition to prevent any issues...

To Me....

It's not How fast you go... It's how FAR you Travel...:thumb:

It's the Rider! Not the Bike! o_O

Friends,

Wanna ask, was reading the topic "Valve Clearance - When to do?" at the bikes and bytes section.

So am wondering, my vtec-3 has a slight tick tick sound when engine cold start. But when its heated up, no more sound liao. So is that normal or should i just go for valve clearance?

Thanks!

"Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory"...

Friends,

Wanna ask, was reading the topic "Valve Clearance - When to do?" at the bikes and bytes section.

So am wondering, my vtec-3 has a slight tick tick sound when engine cold start. But when its heated up, no more sound liao. So is that normal or should i just go for valve clearance?

Thanks!

normal.bike manual nv say we need to clean the valve.no problem dont touch it.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2353/85571635.png

those using voltmeters; can i ask what is the voltage reading on your meter when your are moving?

does it increase when the rpm is higher or decrease? cos i've just changed my set of electrical, battery, rectifier and coil. the reading on my volt meter shows that my voltage is lower when my rpm is higher, im wondering if its my volt meter that is inaccurate or the items replaced are faulty.

thanks a lot.

When touring, its usually the rider that give way first before the bike itself.

got box got tour.

hey guys, i got a question. im due for servicing, is the Engine Flush,OWS 220 Engine Protector,OWS 360 Gas Treatment necessary? what does it do?

Bro,maybe u can look out for Ah Pek and try out his stuff.....confirm not gonna regret...did mine and enjoying my ride even more...

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n74/outspoken_69/newsignature2.jpg

I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.

those using voltmeters; can i ask what is the voltage reading on your meter when your are moving?

does it increase when the rpm is higher or decrease? cos i've just changed my set of electrical, battery, rectifier and coil. the reading on my volt meter shows that my voltage is lower when my rpm is higher, im wondering if its my volt meter that is inaccurate or the items replaced are faulty.

thanks a lot.

When start up should read about 12V...once warm up should be ard 13.8V-14V....when riding....it will drop to 12.4V-12.6V....

Btw i think the value are not 100% accurate but almost there so at least u have a rough gauge of the value and able to know

if there is significant drop then something need to be replace.....

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n74/outspoken_69/newsignature2.jpg

I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.

When start up should read about 12V...once warm up should be ard 13.8V-14V....when riding....it will drop to 12.4V-12.6V....

Btw i think the value are not 100% accurate but almost there so at least u have a rough gauge of the value and able to know

if there is significant drop then something need to be replace.....

Funny, isn't the voltage reading supposed to be higher when moving?

When touring, its usually the rider that give way first before the bike itself.

got box got tour.