SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys, how much roughly to change steering cone? i was quoted 120+.

Global quoted me 80 bux bro

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

u can try unique, i always go unique or planet. there another shop behind safra, shop called power wheel, not bad also. sometime buy my parts from them.

If ur thinking of going to unique to wash carb then bring extra extra money at least $300 bucks...confirm they will ask u to change most of the parts...just letting u know...so that u dun get stunt when the bill come...

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n74/outspoken_69/newsignature2.jpg

I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.

If ur thinking of going to unique to wash carb then bring extra extra money at least $300 bucks...confirm they will ask u to change most of the parts...just letting u know...so that u dun get stunt when the bill come...

Gonna have to agree. usually they will ask you to replace the float pins. i suggest you go planet or bikeworks for this

When touring, its usually the rider that give way first before the bike itself.

got box got tour.

Gonna have to agree. usually they will ask you to replace the float pins. i suggest you go planet or bikeworks for this

but u can refuse to change right?if cannot..confirm unique want to chop ppl already...

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

but u can refuse to change right?if cannot..confirm unique want to chop ppl already...

Yup sure you can. Unless you are very familiar with your bike, i dont think you would refuse when they tell you. Right?

got box got tour.

sorry if u r a pro unique supporter but i dun trust what they say...every part will have a wear and tear..they will exploit almost everything they deem see to have a wear mark...so ur a noob of course u will be scared and listen to what they say...but these item still can be use never less...

Example...they told me that my fuel tubing got a small cut...they bent the tube to make it worst...confirm got leak...but till now im still using and even taking it in/out so many times and there is no leak...

Anyway its ups to each individual cos its ur own bike...if u like their service then go ahead and pay....its ur money but def a no no for me...

I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.

sorry if u r a pro unique supporter but i dun trust what they say...every part will have a wear and tear..they will exploit almost everything they deem see to have a wear mark...so ur a noob of course u will be scared and listen to what they say...but these item still can be use never less...

Example...they told me that my fuel tubing got a small cut...they bent the tube to make it worst...confirm got leak...but till now im still using and even taking it in/out so many times and there is no leak...

Anyway its ups to each individual cos its ur own bike...if u like their service then go ahead and pay....its ur money but def a no no for me...

Hey bro. dont get me wrong. i'm not really a pro unique supporter. i've also been exploited by them before and i'm actually feeling a bit sour.

as you said, noobs will be too scared to not change the part, my point is that it is difficult not to believe them when for example you are not familiar with the carb internals. i guess the best way is to do a bit of research first before going there.

hope no offence taken bro. cheers

got box got tour.

sounds like unique isn't very noob friendly haha.

Hah, but they do offer the cheapest tyres around

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

well i think..now my fc drop already coz i change my sprocket from 15/46 to 15/44..yet to monitor my FC full tank coz nowadays i seldom ride out..always ride around wdlds so fuel nvr finish..haha..tmrw start school..see how my fc again when i travel to n fro wdlds tamp..

btw ur riding what spec eh?spec 1 normally opens at 7rpm,nah dont worry..it wont spoil..im sure honda include the vtec for this kind of purpose..on and off..one thing i normally heard the s4 engine will be damaged is when u always drag ur gears to very high rpm..piston break la..conrod split la..and sorts..i guess 400cc is still not as durable as 600cc above..

did u notice any difference in pickup after changing your sprocket ratio?

i'm riding a spec 2.. the tacho says 6.3+ or 6.5k rpm when open vtec. haha.. okays, then shd be safe as i dun drag till past 9 or 10. :D

thou i feel that the bike is not that powerful. is there anyone selling illegal end can? =x

nowadays i ride on short trips as my work place is quite near.. abit louder i dun mind.

Hi bros, had a big problem nw. juz bought a ver S 2 days ago and

this morning i discover my bike is leaking coolant fr the side a small hole.

went to a bike shop and uncle tell me my cyclinder head spoit le change gasket also

no use muz chhage the whole head. even if i go bk bikeshop they will also juz seal up e hole

and eventuallly will overflow inside causing damage to plug. he found a 2nd hand head for

six hundred.

i than went back to e shop tat sell me e bike and they say will help me wield back for

free. but i scare it wont cure e problem, is it really useful? who should i trust?

wah, weld the head?? thou im a noob with bikes, i used to be into cars.

if anyone say they can weld on an engine to seal up a hole.. better run far away.

Hey bro. dont get me wrong. i'm not really a pro unique supporter. i've also been exploited by them before and i'm actually feeling a bit sour.

as you said, noobs will be too scared to not change the part, my point is that it is difficult not to believe them when for example you are not familiar with the carb internals. i guess the best way is to do a bit of research first before going there.

i've been to unique b4.. wasn't impressed with their workmanship. their prices also make me feel like robert tao.

wtf.. almost 70 for rear wheel bearings and seals? first time hear that bearing r so expensive. somemore so easy to change.

it was my first and last time there.. next time i'm going to diy le.

they quote 95 for k&n filter.. i asked regina and they only quote 65. -.-"

lucky nv change.

i'm riding a spec 2.. the tacho says 6.3+ or 6.5k rpm when open vtec. haha.. okays, then shd be safe as i dun drag till past 9 or 10. :D

thou i feel that the bike is not that powerful. is there anyone selling illegal end can? =x

nowadays i ride on short trips as my work place is quite near.. abit louder i dun mind.

wah, weld the head?? thou im a noob with bikes, i used to be into cars.

if anyone say they can weld on an engine to seal up a hole.. better run far away.

i've been to unique b4.. wasn't impressed with their workmanship. their prices also make me feel like robert tao.

wtf.. almost 70 for rear wheel bearings and seals? first time hear that bearing r so expensive. somemore so easy to change.

it was my first and last time there.. next time i'm going to diy le.

they quote 95 for k&n filter.. i asked regina and they only quote 65. -.-"

lucky nv change.

Hey man, i've experienced the same thing with regards to wheel bearing. Since my last few visits to unique i've decided to learn to diy more on my bike. really losing faith in unique alr.

got box got tour.

strongly agree with you guys. their worksmanship is not that great. coupled with their "good business tactics", definitely a bad experience. i used to be their supporter before they moved to tohguan, but have stopped going there for 1 year already.

even if my bike break down right in front of their shop, i will tow it to planet for repair

planet is the number 1 choice for me ! =D

hmm since that case if i were to mould a spec 1 tail to spec 3, u guys dun advice going there? workmanship not good? but its cheap man. where would u guys advice? cheap and good. Do drop me a pm

Class 3 - 29 May 2009

Class 2B -10 May 2010

Class 2A - 30 June 2011

2010-2011 Phantom 150

2011- Now GSR400

None Taken Bro...we are all making others aware and help out so that they dun get to feel the same way like we did...anyway got 2 agree they do have the cheapest tyres.

I think DIY is best.. Some more unlike car which requires jack stands n have limited space under, bike just require 1 scissor jack if need to support the full weight. For s4 with main stand, seems even easier.

Just to share, when I changed my wheel bearing at unique, they didn't even wipe off the old grease n dirt inside the collar b4 applying a small finger load of new grease. New seal just put on the floor. Wtf. he hammered in the new bearing with an actual hammer, not a mallet or with something like a socket to protect the inner race. Hais.. Dun think it will last long. at least after seeing how it's done, I can try it nxt time.

ya theres difference in the pickup..but i dunt mind...i dunt wanna abuse my 400cc since its just 400cc anyway..still engine overhaul prone unlike the bigger capacities..

pickup slow but once open valve ok la...as long as pickup faster than any 2b can already..haha

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

I think DIY is best.. Some more unlike car which requires jack stands n have limited space under, bike just require 1 scissor jack if need to support the full weight. For s4 with main stand, seems even easier.

Just to share, when I changed my wheel bearing at unique, they didn't even wipe off the old grease n dirt inside the collar b4 applying a small finger load of new grease. New seal just put on the floor. Wtf. he hammered in the new bearing with an actual hammer, not a mallet or with something like a socket to protect the inner race. Hais.. Dun think it will last long. at least after seeing how it's done, I can try it nxt time.

strongly agree with you guys. their worksmanship is not that great. coupled with their "good business tactics", definitely a bad experience. i used to be their supporter before they moved to tohguan, but have stopped going there for 1 year already.

even if my bike break down right in front of their shop, i will tow it to planet for repair

planet is the number 1 choice for me ! =D

Hey man, i've experienced the same thing with regards to wheel bearing. Since my last few visits to unique i've decided to learn to diy more on my bike. really losing faith in unique alr.

sounds like unique isn't very noob friendly haha.

i hope u UNIQUE-ERS READ THIS!!i bet ur laughing ur *** off behind the monitor.

pardon me guys..i just hate bikeshop who earn money by ppl's lack of knowledge n dirty tactics...how i wish driving centres provide basic infos on bikeshop usual tactics on noobs so that we can have a better world to live in rather than always blaming the gahmen.

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

hope u UNIQUE-ERS READ THIS!!i bet ur laughing ur *** off behind the monitor.

pardon me guys..i just hate bikeshop who earn money by ppl's lack of knowledge n dirty tactics...how i wish driving centres provide basic infos on bikeshop usual tactics on noobs so that we can have a better world to live in rather than always blaming the gahmen.

chill bro. nothing much we can do about it also

got box got tour.

hmm since that case if i were to mould a spec 1 tail to spec 3, u guys dun advice going there? workmanship not good? but its cheap man. where would u guys advice? cheap and good. Do drop me a pm

i did mine there. good price but workmanship haizzzzz.... use cable tie more haizzzzzz.....