SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmm since that case if i were to mould a spec 1 tail to spec 3, u guys dun advice going there? workmanship not good? but its cheap man. where would u guys advice? cheap and good. Do drop me a pm

bikeworkz bro. i didn't do mine but i see before and i think is good. he qoute me 200 for tailboard and taillight. can add about 30 to 40 for the spec 3 fender. if not good don't blame me uh. that's what i know only. :D

http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/mss/gif/rainloc0.gif

Ride safely. Be courteous. =)

bikeworkz bro. i didn't do mine but i see before and i think is good. he qoute me 200 for tailboard and taillight. can add about 30 to 40 for the spec 3 fender. if not good don't blame me uh. that's what i know only. :D

Awesome , thanks .. which area is it at?

Class 3 - 29 May 2009

Class 2B -10 May 2010

Class 2A - 30 June 2011

2010-2011 Phantom 150

2011- Now GSR400

Hey man, i've experienced the same thing with regards to wheel bearing. Since my last few visits to unique i've decided to learn to diy more on my bike. really losing faith in unique alr.

Same here. I still prefer going to Ah Chong (Planet), Speedy Motors(AMK AutoPoint), Ah Fook(AMK Industrial Park 2)!

Much better & sincere service. No offence to Unique but when Kelvin was around more often, their service was much better IMHO.

Just wanna share my views wif u guys, no hard feelings.

Some riders encountered problems by their mechs thus losing faith in the shop.

So far I always be there looking at how my bike is done under their hands, so far no problem.

Anything amiss I will tell straight to the mech and let him do it in my way.

But unqiue motor indeed has a wide variety of accessories catering for many different bikes thou :D

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Same here. I still prefer going to Ah Chong (Planet), Speedy Motors(AMK AutoPoint), Ah Fook(AMK Industrial Park 2)!

Much better & sincere service. No offence to Unique but when Kelvin was around more often, their service was much better IMHO.

Agreed. Wen they first started off, really supported them! But after some time, i feel their service nt tt awesome

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

i hope u UNIQUE-ERS READ THIS!!i bet ur laughing ur *** off behind the monitor.

pardon me guys..i just hate bikeshop who earn money by ppl's lack of knowledge n dirty tactics...how i wish driving centres provide basic infos on bikeshop usual tactics on noobs so that we can have a better world to live in rather than always blaming the gahmen.

Hi all, saw your comment on Unique, i was thinking of going there to flush my radiator and top up with engine ice, anyone tried this service before?? can share with me your experience?

Hi all, saw your comment on Unique, i was thinking of going there to flush my radiator and top up with engine ice, anyone tried this service before?? can share with me your experience?

just my 2cent,u flsuh with engine ice,maxima cool aid,wattewet*hope i got the name right*,it all the same.so just go for the cheaper way which i belive it the maxima cool aid.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2353/85571635.png

Hi all, is anyone using Michelin pilot road 2 and Metzler M3 on their Super4 now? thinking of changing to either one, can anyone share with me your experience?

I'll say, go for the pilot road 2 if you can afford. But if you are going there to change, do take note when they ask you to change the rubber in your wheel hub. Read the Tyre discussion here first. Don't change blindly like I did.

As to the flushing of coolant, $50 for engine ice isn't worth. Ask around other workshop for maxima coolaide or water wetter and decide for yourself, alternatively, look for ah Pek and use his coolant

When touring, its usually the rider that give way first before the bike itself.

got box got tour.

I'll say, go for the pilot road 2 if you can afford. But if you are going there to change, do take note when they ask you to change the rubber in your wheel hub. Read the Tyre discussion here first. Don't change blindly like I did.

As to the flushing of coolant, $50 for engine ice isn't worth. Ask around other workshop for maxima coolaide or water wetter and decide for yourself, alternatively, look for ah Pek and use his coolant

Ah pek cooloant is the best. Am using it and the bike feels damn good!!

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

Thx for ur reply koxie. An may i knw which shop does it? Thx2zz

u can try planetmotor or sengkwang.But if u got the cash go sengkwang do,u even can make your exhaust point slightly upwards =)

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2353/85571635.png

Just wanna share my views wif u guys, no hard feelings.

Some riders encountered problems by their mechs thus losing faith in the shop.

So far I always be there looking at how my bike is done under their hands, so far no problem.

Anything amiss I will tell straight to the mech and let him do it in my way.

But unqiue motor indeed has a wide variety of accessories catering for many different bikes thou :D

totally agreed with you..

been with Unique since their opening, they are just getting better with more and more options of accessories..

Seriously i wouldnt be even putting any faith in some self-concocted fluids be it EO or coolant for my bikes..

timely preventive maintenance would be far better than throwing money on expensive EO or coolant..

i've used Engine Ice on my Super4.. you would not be able to feel any difference or maybe a slight drop in engine heat feeling for the first few days.. but Engine Ice do really works..

when i am dekitting my Super4 for sale, i changed to normal coolant.. the heat was unbearable on my way on the expressway, even thou cooling was in place..

well, i'm not using Engine Ice but Maxima Coolaide now.. not because Engine Ice is expensive or not worth the money.. it's just that my current bike, DRZ, had its coolant reservoir being very prominently seen..

going with my bike's theme, coolaide offers me a red tone.. :D

Hi all, is anyone using Michelin pilot road 2 and Metzler M3 on their Super4 now? thinking of changing to either one, can anyone share with me your experience?

i using Sportec M5 now and i feel tat it's even better than road 2 and M3 although it cost a bit more.

my bikes are running on Engine ICE coolant, the temp is slightly lower only. Personal preference on using it or not.

Engine ICE, Maxima Coolaide, water wetter are some of the top brands available

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

i using Sportec M5 now and i feel tat it's even better than road 2 and M3 although it cost a bit more.

my bikes are running on Engine ICE coolant, the temp is slightly lower only. Personal preference on using it or not.

Engine ICE, Maxima Coolaide, water wetter are some of the top brands available

Hi, I used M1 previously and currently using M3 cos had some offer that time. I wld say the grip is good even on wet weather:)

I have used engine ice before. Personally I think it's just a waste a money bro. Initially feels shiok after a while the effect gone and that's like very fast. I wld suggest Ah pek's coolant too. From experience it's effective and furthermore at a more reasonable price.

Anw, just to share my experience with unique too. After reading all ur comments abt them I realised that I too might have been 'kenna chop'... Cos so far I have changed my tyres twice with them and both time they told me my bearings have cracked and must be replaced... if not wld affect my rims and the cost of that later will be even more expensive. Personally bros, one mech shop that I will trust in terms of price and service is Ah Fook Motors and am saying this from personal experience ofcos as I do most of my stuff there;)

Any shops u guys wld recommend to

Change tyres? And also what aftermarket brakehose will u reccomend? Was thinking of HEL and heard currently there is a new one called STAR if am not wrong.Cheers!:)

:shades: CBR 1000rr:{12-??} :shades:

i using Sportec M5 now and i feel tat it's even better than road 2 and M3 although it cost a bit more

Hi, I used M1 previously and currently using M3 cos had some offer that time. I wld say the grip is good even on wet weather

I have used engine ice before. Personally I think it's just a waste a money bro. Initially feels shiok after a while the effect gone and that's like very fast. I wld suggest Ah pek's coolant too. From experience it's effective and furthermore at a more reasonable price.

Anw, just to share my experience with unique too. After reading all ur comments abt them I realised that I too might have been 'kenna chop'... Cos so far I have changed my tyres twice with them and both time they told me my bearings have cracked and must be replaced... if not wld affect my rims and the cost of that later will be even more expensive. Personally bros, one mech shop that I will trust in terms of price and service is Ah Fook Motors and am saying this from personal experience ofcos as I do most of my stuff there

Thanks for your information bros, i am particularly concern about thread life, from what i read, M3 is very sticky but the thread life is extremely short, some say it only last 4000km, how about M5? is the thread life better?