SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

[Q] 2nd question, here comes the nightmare. In all gears when i rev, be it 1st gear or top gear, below 5000rpm is quite smooth (although feels very slight jerky) but when i rev it above 5000 rpm, my bike starts to cough consistently like as if my exhaust got something stuck inside.

Even tho my rpm can still go up, but after hit 5000 rpm, it will go up very slow even after open vtec. Like got air stuck (bop bop bop). It starts to cough at exactly 5000 rpm and above. I think my 1st and 2nd prob are tied together.

I sent for carb servicing, change diaphram (damn i dont know how to spell it), change engine oil, spark plugs, oil filter, air filter quite recently. The mech told me then it may be my cdi. If its true, any shops to recommend for a good deal? This 2 probs happened after i sent for carb servicing and change diaphram. Someone pls advise this new cb400 rider. Thank you.

I have encounter this problem recently. May I know any solution to this? Is it Cdi or other parts? Need some help here..

Thanks.

Edited by AcEAnT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

G'day guys.

I am in ownership of a 2011 superfour that has sat for roughly 2 years and was pretty rough when it was pulled out for use.

The bike would not kick over so the following has either been fixed or replaced.

Battery replaced.

Spark plugs replaced.

Fuel pump replaced.

Tank interior cleaned.

New fuel.

The bike now starts and idles perfectly, and rides quite nicely. The issue is when coming to a stop, the bike stalls out. It isnt intermittent and occurs each and every time we get off the throttle and come to a stop.

Would anyone know the issue or has had this issue and come to grips with it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[Q]

Hello from Australia.

I recently bought a CB400SF Revo NC42 2011. The previous owner had installed ILS exhaust and I recently installed K&N filter, bike seems unhappy and cuts out at high rpm. I think ecm needs calibration.

1. Does anyone know how to reset/ reboot the ecm here?

2. The PCV isnt available here I checked, where can I buy it from?

can anyone please help.

TIA.

Hey all. New to here. I’m from Ireland. Recently picked up a 2004 spec 3. But the vtec is not kicking in. Iv givin the bike a full service. Oil ,filter, plugs,leads. Air filter. Still feels the same. Drives fine until u hit around 6k rpm. Also the speedo or odometer isn’t working. Iv seen on someone’s post this might b the cause of the vtec failure. Just wondering if anyone had any more info about it. Cheers in advance. Doc

• 1 month later...

[Q] Hi guys. Does anyone has the user manual of CB400 superfour 2018 (LED headlight model)? I was only given manual in Japanese language. Appreciate if anyone can post the link of PDF softcopy or scanned copy in English.

Thanks in advance Cheers :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Q Hi guys planning to buy a cb400 spec 3

But have some questions, want to ask you guys that spec 3 can it last 10hrs shift for dispatch? Will it spoil the bike ? Is it able to last for 10hrs on the road, will not be working everyday only weekends

• 4 weeks later...
(Q):

Hi , I’m currently owning a spec 2 cb400 . And I was wondering if I want to convert my spec 2 tailboard to spec 3 tailboard , the only thing I need is “ tailboard” itself & also “ spec 3 rear light “ right ? .

CMIIW

Spec 3 have 2 models..

One is with the handle and the oldest (early03) was without handle. I think you need the handle, inner fender and signal lamp also..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Need some help guys.my current ride spec 3 was replaced by a local meter.and my bike feels very sluggish and vtec does not seem to open.went to a bike shop and was told that by using a local meter,the valve wont read the sensor and therefore the valve wont be fully open resulting in vtec not opening.and was advised to install back the original meter.so i need help to confirm that this is true or not.thanks bros.

• 2 months later...

Bros need help on my cb400 spec 3. i have drained and change the coolant on my bike but temperature light still turns on in traffic. Fan is still working and not sure if its coolant leak but have checked the reservoir but still in right spot.

Bros need help on my cb400 spec 3. i have drained and change the coolant on my bike but temperature light still turns on in traffic. Fan is still working and not sure if its coolant leak but have checked the reservoir but still in right spot.

Either your thermostat is jammed with rust and is stuck thus coolant trapped and not circulating. Also..if your coolant pump impeller blades are rusted and broken off..there is no sufficient flow. Go Planet Motor..Ah Chong can verify and confirm.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Either your thermostat is jammed with rust and is stuck thus coolant trapped and not circulating. Also..if your coolant pump impeller blades are rusted and broken off..there is no sufficient flow. Go Planet Motor..Ah Chong can verify and confirm.

thanks for the reply bro. thermostat is fine tested it out and it turns on in heat. will try checking the coolant pump impeller blades, the mechanic that checked the bike said that alot of rust was found after cleaning the radiator. also the temperature light turns off once i start running but starts blinking in very low speed or while stopping.

thanks for the reply bro. thermostat is fine tested it out and it turns on in heat. will try checking the coolant pump impeller blades, the mechanic that checked the bike said that alot of rust was found after cleaning the radiator. also the temperature light turns off once i start running but starts blinking in very low speed or while stopping.

"starts blinking in very low speed"..yes, this is usually the case when heat from hot coolant build up too quickly. When fab cuts on too often..this are tell tale sign that coolant system is not doing well. Since u mentioned rust before..this is due to previous owner or bike shop uses tap water with coolant which is not recommended as it will cause the radiator to rust. Currently, I believe ur cooling system flow is very restricted in flow and add on to it, traveling at low speed does not bring front forceful air to the radiator fins..so to say, it's the rust in within the radiator flow piping in the radiator is 'constricting' the flow of coolant. Need not to talk off the coolant pump and open up..just take off ur tank..open the radiator cap..start ur bike and rev a few times and check for movement of coolant at the radiator cap outlet. If tehre is, the coolant pump is ok. Simple job..DIY otherwise mech might tell u lies and kena lamb-chop..or pork-chop..:cry:

"starts blinking in very low speed"..yes, this is usually the case when heat from hot coolant build up too quickly. When fab cuts on too often..this are tell tale sign that coolant system is not doing well. Since u mentioned rust before..this is due to previous owner or bike shop uses tap water with coolant which is not recommended as it will cause the radiator to rust. Currently, I believe ur cooling system flow is very restricted in flow and add on to it, traveling at low speed does not bring front forceful air to the radiator fins..so to say, it's the rust in within the radiator flow piping in the radiator is 'constricting' the flow of coolant. Need not to talk off the coolant pump and open up..just take off ur tank..open the radiator cap..start ur bike and rev a few times and check for movement of coolant at the radiator cap outlet. If tehre is, the coolant pump is ok. Simple job..DIY otherwise mech might tell u lies and kena lamb-chop..or pork-chop..:cry:

thanks bro! will definitely try this one. hopefully this will solve the problem. thanks again bro very helpful!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am new here. I recently got a vtec spec 3 year model 2007. I have gone through 154 pages of this thread to search for the service manual but I found only Japanese version here: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/346588-FAQ-and-Information-about-Honda-CB400-Revo-NC42

Anyone here got English version could you please share?

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

My spec 1 stalled twice this week. One while riding, just went dead and another time after i stopped at the traffic. Both times it couldn't startup again immediately. Had to wait for about 5 minutes to start again. Any body encountered this before and know whats the issue?

http://img23.exs.cx/img23/8058/1794.gif

In My World of Cruising, Racing, Living Fast Dying Young,

Here is A Story of True Romance. AWW...How F.U.Kin Sweet http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs258.snc1/10534_1140208501731_1122979945_30367651_5951968_n.jpg

Hi Guys,

My spec 1 stalled twice this week. One while riding, just went dead and another time after i stopped at the traffic. Both times it couldn't startup again immediately. Had to wait for about 5 minutes to start again. Any body encountered this before and know whats the issue?

Just my thought. Could be wiring problem usually around the wire harness area that curve up from under the tank to the head lamp portion. Because of regular use turning the handle, the wiring inside the harness tend to be stretch and bend and as the wires gets older and becomes brittle, the tenancy of partial wire strands breaking is common. I had this issue and so are a few others in the past that I have known. Also..check your wire termination of the red and black connectors are firmly tighten to the battery. That causes the same problem too.

• 1 month later...

Hi Super 4 Owners,

I intend to purchase a brand new Super 4 at the end of the year or early next year when i saved enough for a full cash purchase.

Would really like to find out

how much does it cost averagely for monthly and yearly maintenance ?