SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

I've flushed it a few days ago.. so could it be more likely that the thermostat is the faulty component?

How to tell if its partially blocked or jammed? :(

Sent from my SM-C115 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

"How to tell if its partially blocked or jammed?"...it's what you are having now.

No use flushing..real flushing uses chemical (if u just drained and use water hosing into ur radiator..that's not flushing) to remove sludges and stubborn residues. Regardless u flush a 100 times..nothing can remove rust in the cooling system and most have eaten in metal surfaces. You have two option here..take off your thermostat and replace or don't replace and leave it straight thru. If this doesn't solve ur problem..get a new radiator. Type of coolant don't really matter..just MAKR SURE no TAP WATER is premixed with ur coolant.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"How to tell if its partially blocked or jammed?"...it's what you are having now.

No use flushing..real flushing uses chemical (if u just drained and use water hosing into ur radiator..that's not flushing) to remove sludges and stubborn residues. Regardless u flush a 100 times..nothing can remove rust in the cooling system and most have eaten in metal surfaces. You have two option here..take off your thermostat and replace or don't replace and leave it straight thru. If this doesn't solve ur problem..get a new radiator. Type of coolant don't really matter..just MAKR SURE no TAP WATER is premixed with ur coolant.

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation!

Now at least I have a clue of what's going on..

Long Live the Dream.

just now went to bikeworkz no tick sound so they cant rectify the prob , boss say most likely is shims no worry , but just now the sound came back

so i record it using my phone to see any of u guys know wats the prob >.

this is what i'm currently facing with my spec 1. Bought it from unique about 4 months back. Can anyone please advise? Thanks in advance. :)

this is what i'm currently facing with my spec 1. Bought it from unique about 4 months back. Can anyone please advise? Thanks in advance. :)

this is actually ok if your engine is cold or after stopping your engine for awhile. the sound should go away after awhile when the engine oil lubricates your engine.

2012 - 2015: Honda CB400 Spec3

this is actually ok if your engine is cold or after stopping your engine for awhile. the sound should go away after awhile when the engine oil lubricates your engine.

so that is normal or try to avoid? I normally let it warm up while smoking. When i finish then move off leh.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.. sorry need everyone's help again..

Water pump replaced, thermostat removed, all hoses checked and isn't jammed, & I've chemical flushed out the radiator, & the temp is still pretty hot.. is replacing the radiator the only way? :/

Long Live the Dream.

Hi.. sorry need everyone's help again..

Water pump replaced, thermostat removed, all hoses checked and isn't jammed, & I've chemical flushed out the radiator, & the temp is still pretty hot.. is replacing the radiator the only way? :/

Temp hot as in? How long have you been riding this bike before you noticed the difference?

Does your temp indicator light come on?

IG: @adrielwrites

Temp hot as in? How long have you been riding this bike before you noticed the difference?

Does your temp indicator light come on?

One year with the bike. It started around 2 months ago.. the temp light doesn't come on, but the radiator fan would switch on while I'm cruising constantly on highway, day time & even night time :(

Long Live the Dream.

One year with the bike. It started around 2 months ago.. the temp light doesn't come on, but the radiator fan would switch on while I'm cruising constantly on highway, day time & even night time :(

That's normal. When you say hot, Super 4 is hot..Revo is even hotter...as long as your temp light don't comes "ON".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi need help with my vtec1 fuel cap. I cant open the tank to pump petrol. I think the fuel cap keyhole might be spoilt. Please anyone can help me? I found a shop that sells an aftermarket keyless fuel tank cap for $270. Hope there other options cause i do not want to spend that much money..

Hi need help with my vtec1 fuel cap. I cant open the tank to pump petrol. I think the fuel cap keyhole might be spoilt. Please anyone can help me? I found a shop that sells an aftermarket keyless fuel tank cap for $270. Hope there other options cause i do not want to spend that much money..

If you still can't and have to refuel...just use Allen key size five to open three of the allen bolt. The rest are all 'fakes'..may have to do this at the kiosk. Before doing so, spray some WD40 into the key hole and do some light tapping to loosen any jam. You still have to push in the key and play with it a bit but don't force if anything does give. Keep trying till it can twist to open otherwise the cap won't come off even if the 3 allens keys cap bolts are removed. Good luck.

Hi Guys,

Riding a spec2 here, my fuel consumption is only 220km before hitting reserve. isit common for a spec 2?

My bike also had a slight leaking top block head, mounting rubber must be replace together with the gasket or i could have just do the gasket only?

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone... Anybody know where to repair my LCD for my odometer? I think the filament burn already :(

Can contact me if anyone know how to do it? Hmm

94561426 since i seldom online :)

StAndaRd iS tHe bEsT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi. I have used, stock full exhaust system for spec 1 for sale.

It has been re-sprayed with high heat paint.

It is great if you are looking for a replacement for a damaged exhaust or you want to sell your performance exhaust and need to replace it with a standard full system.

SMS me at 98162740