SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilia Riders

ArchArrow

Thanks for the vid Raj! After watching it I was also inspired to make one, but this is the boring warm-up lap before my throttle cable broke. I was going really slow and also revving my throttle to check my carburetion as I've just installed a new carb. Was also trying out the No-Brake Drill to build up some confidence. A bit rusty from my long hiatus from track days.

[video=youtube;rD3b295-4vo]

Hope this video works...

Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.

Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

http://www.themuser.com/forum/index.php

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/lacrimosae/Aprilia/siggiecollage.jpg

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sub Zero

• lacrimosae

• eyz

• quikslvr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank... btw what gear oil and 2T you using and the cost of it if you dont mind?

I've used Motul and Silkolene gear oil before. Didn't quite cut it for my ride. Abt a mth exactly and my gear-shifting was crappy. After switching to this other brand brought in by my mech, lasts abt 3mths++ before my gearing slowly starts to get all *****y on me. And now i'm clocking heavier mileage since i started using my bike for my part-time job as well. So different bikes have different characteristics. What worked for Mr Menjeng's bike or Mr Raptor's bike or even Mr Lacrimosae's bike, may not work for urs. Have to slowly experiment with a few to get the one that's best suited for ur ride.

I'm using Silkolene Comp 2 Plus 2T, bought at $28. My exhaust valve slowly gets jammed up after 3 mths. Used Motul, Agip and also Canadian 2T. First choice is Silkolene, followed by Canadian. Won't use ANY other brands (unless i find another that's even better than these 2 of course). :thumb:

Plus it also boils down to ur bike's tuning, and also ur riding technique lah. I don't go track, so this is all based on normal street riding only. :)

Edited by priller07

I've used Motul and Silkolene gear oil before. Didn't quite cut it for my ride. Abt a mth exactly and my gear-shifting was crappy. After switching to this other brand brought in by my mech, lasts abt 3mths++ before my gearing slowly starts to get all *****y on me. And now i'm clocking heavier mileage since i started using my bike for my part-time job as well. So different bikes have different characteristics. What worked for Mr Menjeng's bike or Mr Raptor's bike or even Mr Lacrimosae's bike, may not work for urs. Have to slowly experiment with a few to get the one that's best suited for ur ride.

I'm using Silkolene Comp 2 Plus 2T, bought at $28. My exhaust valve slowly gets jammed up after 3 mths. Used Motul, Agip and also Canadian 2T. First choice is Silkolene, followed by Canadian. Won't use ANY other brands (unless i find another that's even better than these 2 of course). :thumb:

Plus it also boils down to ur bike's tuning, and also ur riding technique lah. I don't go track, so this is all based on normal street riding only. :)

sorry what do you mean by jammed up? im using castrol p1 racing and when i rev it kicks it, but when i take it out to see its slightly tinted with black i guess. you mean jam like harder for the valve to open?

But should disaster be my fate,

Guide me through to Heaven’s gate

03 Cagiva Planet (R.I.P) 21/12/09-06/05/10

05 Aprilia Rs125 10/08/10-10/11/12

02 Honda Hornet 250 10/11/12-

sorry what do you mean by jammed up? im using castrol p1 racing and when i rev it kicks it, but when i take it out to see its slightly tinted with black i guess. you mean jam like harder for the valve to open?

Sorry, what i meant was, the valve gets stuck and its harder to open. But the valve can still be removed without excessive force. :) When i remove the valve, it's slightly blackened but with minimal carbon buildup. :)

Thanks for the vid Raj! After watching it I was also inspired to make one, but this is the boring warm-up lap before my throttle cable broke. I was going really slow and also revving my throttle to check my carburetion as I've just installed a new carb. Was also trying out the No-Brake Drill to build up some confidence. A bit rusty from my long hiatus from track days.

Nice one Law! You're a braver man than I. I went to PG with every intention of trying No-Brake but that just didn't happen!

We should do another weekday track session soon. Now that we know it starts at 10.30am, we can move out later and avoid the morning traffic in JB. I'm dying to shift my bum further out and twist my foot so my toes point out (as opposed to pointing straight ahead) so I can get my knee out more. :D And I should be able to go a little faster now that I've 34mm-ed my ride.

Definitely only going if the bike is towed up and I can get a lift up like our last session. :D

Cry 'Havoc'.....and let slip the dogs of war

I'm dying to shift my bum further out and twist my foot so my toes point out (as opposed to pointing straight ahead) so I can get my knee out more.

Like this guy!

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/Aprilia-RS125-1.jpg

Cry 'Havoc'.....and let slip the dogs of war

Bro you can just do like me and run without 2T for 2 days. Your bike will be much more responsive :lol: oil is overrated :lol:

Don't know why she is still alive...

haha bro, dun push ur luck or u'll lose alot more dan acouple dollars on 2t =p

the one and only...

-=#BLUE^CHILLED^COLA#=-

Closed on Sundays dude. Ah Seng carries Torco brand gear oil if i'm not mistaken. Not sure about the performance though cos i don't use that. Sorry. Btw, our bikes use gear oil, not engine oil.

didnt know they close on sunday.. had the impression they open everyday until 12am. workaholic ahseng

Just received a new bottle of Bel-Ray Si-7 fully synthetic 2T for testing.

http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/82/482/3/17/65/2396317650038148698gVPIXD_th.jpg

According to the manufacturer's specs, it is fully synthetic and is suitable for both premix and injection systems.

First impression, the oil viscosity is very low. It flows easily and when poured into the petrol, it almost immediately dissolved into the entire bottle of petrol on its own, without agitation. This is unlike most other 2T I've tested, which sank to the bottom of the petrol bottle and stayed there until shaken.

Of course, printed on the back, the manufacturer recommends 1:50 2T to petrol ratio. Which means 1 litre of 2T to 1 litre of petrol.

In this case, 500ml of petrol should require 10ml of 2T. But just for the sake of the experiment, to make it a little easier to spot any separation based on color, I added 30ml of 2T to 500ml of petrol.

Fresh petrol

http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/83/183/4/58/63/2846458630038148698LgjzKC_th.jpg

Premixed petrol

http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/52/752/4/47/73/2955447730038148698JGVYJP_th.jpg

This will sit undisturbed for a week.

More after the jump.

guys please enlighten me on this ratio..

premix meant pouring 2T into our petrol tank?

If yes then how much is needed to be pour in?

I am currently running in.. so do i need to premix?

Thanks

So clearly spelt out yet you do the absurd,

To ask a question already answered.

Your attempt to read is so half-hearted.

Are you st*pid, or just ret*rded?

hahahahaa... Sorry, does my poetry bother you? I won't explain ratio. You'll just have to read my post again.

Premixing doesn't only mean pouring 2T into the tank. Premixing means to mix lubricating oil into petrol even before it enters the carburetor. That will ensure a consistent ratio of 2T in your engine at all throttle positions, at all revs.

Running in is the best time to premix. Better mixture and better lubrication for the piston.

So clearly spelt out yet you do the absurd,

To ask a question already answered.

Your attempt to read is so half-hearted.

Are you st*pid, or just ret*rded?

hahahahaa... Sorry, does my poetry bother you? I won't explain ratio. You'll just have to read my post again.

Premixing doesn't only mean pouring 2T into the tank. Premixing means to mix lubricating oil into petrol even before it enters the carburetor. That will ensure a consistent ratio of 2T in your engine at all throttle positions, at all revs.

Running in is the best time to premix. Better mixture and better lubrication for the piston.

Sorry but I confuse.. arent our bike already come with a compartment of 2T which will supply the 2T mixture??

Sorry but I confuse.. arent our bike already come with a compartment of 2T which will supply the 2T mixture??

The compartment of 2T which supplies the 2T mixture is the oil injection based. You can go premix if you want, just tell your mechanic you want to go premix.

There are pros and cons of using 2t injector and premix.

Pros of using premix is already mentioned by the post before you (about the consistent ratio)

Cons of using premix is that for every time you top up petrol you need to add in 2t too to your fuel tank. The ratio of

Pros of injector based is just no hassle, you just top up to your 2t tank as much.

Cons is that there would not be a consistent ratio of 2t at all throttle positions therefore increasing chances of piston seizure especially if you were to go high rev. Also if your 2T pipe from the compartment is not connected in some way or another... I think the answer is already clear...

According to the manufacturer's specs, it is fully synthetic and is suitable for both premix and injection systems.

First impression, the oil viscosity is very low. It flows easily and when poured into the petrol, it almost immediately dissolved into the entire bottle of petrol on its own, without agitation. This is unlike most other 2T I've tested, which sank to the bottom of the petrol bottle and stayed there until shaken.

Of course, printed on the back, the manufacturer recommends 1:50 2T to petrol ratio. Which means 1 litre of 2T to 1 litre of petrol.

Typo in the ratio example?

Got a question regarding the 2T pump. From a few diagrams and examples, it seems that the how much 2t injected is determined by the throttle position.

When upgrading to 34mm carb, is recalibration of the 2t pump required? I would assume at the same throttle position there is going to be more air intake and more petrol sucked into the carb. But i'm unsure if the amount of 2t supplied remains the same since its controlled by throttle position and therefore reduces the 2t to petrol ratio.

Got a question regarding the 2T pump. From a few diagrams and examples, it seems that the how much 2t injected is determined by the throttle position.

When upgrading to 34mm carb, is recalibration of the 2t pump required? I would assume at the same throttle position there is going to be more air intake and more petrol sucked into the carb. But i'm unsure if the amount of 2t supplied remains the same since its controlled by throttle position and therefore reduces the 2t to petrol ratio.

Hmmm... I think you have a point there... I too thinks that our bike is fine-tuned in as the amount of 2T supply is depend on how we open the throttle..

Premix is for mods racing where 2T compartment is not in use.

Dont remember any section in our user manual states to add 2T into our tank..( correct me if I am wrong.. too lazy to go thru the book again )

sry, its 7 bucks 4 a main n 12 4 e pilot! atomisers r e ex ones... 40 bucks each man... all r from weda, david does'nt believe in changing jets... bugged him enuff to noe...

I hate saying this, but it seems absurd a mechanic doesnt believe in changing jets for tuning. I mean, there's only so much you can play with turning the air screw in and out. I'm pretty sure it's plain laziness, and it's disturbing to see such a thing.

I just finished editing my on-track vid this morning buddy! Definitely no cheating by speeding up any on-track part of the video :D

Best watched in HD :D

I liked it. And I hope to see more on board action from you! I think i've stared at your ass long enough!

Well im hoping my flat piston will turn out ok. If it dosent then next step is the 144 kit. If everythings fine im gona be ordering a spare piston on ur next order. Anyway, cant wait to get my bike fixed! Parts are on the way, but the wait is killing me. What postal service did they use to send ur order? UPS? Or parcelforce. I had a bad experience with parcelforce before, hope they dun screw this one up.

I wasnt home both times when the parcles were delivered but if I'm not wrong, the tracking number i was given was for parcelforce. I think. BUt everything came less than a week after it was sent out. It was the sending out part that was delayed!

ANY FOOL CAN HOLD A TIGER BY THE BALLS, BUT IT TAKES A HERO TO KEEP ON SQUEEZING. And I am that f*cking hero...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1827/march1vl5.jpghttp://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3057/march5el6.jpg

Hmmm... I think you have a point there... I too thinks that our bike is fine-tuned in as the amount of 2T supply is depend on how we open the throttle..

Dont remember any section in our user manual states to add 2T into our tank..( correct me if I am wrong.. too lazy to go thru the book again )

Original specs not using premix. Add 2t to the 2t tank when low on 2t.

But if you want to go premix you can do the conversion. Instructions on how to do the conversion was posted by lawrence sometime back. Pros and Cons was included in the instructions too. Do a search and you should be able to find the post.

Closed on Sundays dude. Ah Seng carries Torco brand gear oil if i'm not mistaken. Not sure about the performance though cos i don't use that. Sorry. Btw, our bikes use gear oil, not engine oil.

Honestly, I dont think much of Torco. Overpriced is the first thing that comes to mind. Used the 2T, $28, but i felt my Mobil Racing 2T was the same or better. And i get it for $16. The gearoil costs $28 too, again, i felt was the same as Maxima, $25, so I reverted back to that. I'm trying Bel Ray products next which are carried by RaptorMotorsports. See how it is. Price is good, see if performance is better.

Hope this video works...

EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES! Hahaha... You better get more practice then. But anyway, I love the camera angle from your bike.. Awesome... Can see the front, plus the rev meter.. Solid!! Btw, your electric water pump is solid man... Your temp was in the low 50s only! CRAZY!!

In this case, 500ml of petrol should require 10ml of 2T. But just for the sake of the experiment, to make it a little easier to spot any separation based on color, I added 30ml of 2T to 500ml of petrol.

Fresh petrol

http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/83/183/4/58/63/2846458630038148698LgjzKC_th.jpg

Premixed petrol

http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/52/752/4/47/73/2955447730038148698JGVYJP_th.jpg

This will sit undisturbed for a week.

More after the jump.

I look forward to your review. And i love the way you used the bottle Raptor gave you for free to do the testing. :) Hehe

I'm going to try the 2T too.. :)

Edited by Sub Zero

ANY FOOL CAN HOLD A TIGER BY THE BALLS, BUT IT TAKES A HERO TO KEEP ON SQUEEZING. And I am that f*cking hero...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1827/march1vl5.jpghttp://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3057/march5el6.jpg

sry, its 7 bucks 4 a main n 12 4 e pilot! atomisers r e ex

Honestly, I dont think much of Torco. Overpriced is the first thing that comes to mind. Used the 2T, $28, but i felt my Mobil Racing 2T was the same or better. And i get it for $16. The gearoil costs $28 too, again, i felt was the same as Maxima, $25, so I reverted back to that. I'm trying Bel Ray products next which are carried by RaptorMotorsports. See how it is. Price is good, see if performance is better.

Where is raptormotorsports?

Hey guys , i've got an Aprilia Rs 125 '01 model . Its not able to go above 120km/h .. Any reason for this to happen ?

wah .. 01 model ... u prepare 3k. haha... prepare to order parts for entire engine liao. i'm serious. open up n see i guess almost everything inside is a goner.pardon me but mine 05 can hit 160 anytime and max out ard 180. parts airnt cheap. take care bro.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd510/vteclee/sign.jpg

nope, stock 2t pump setting is more dan sufficient in providing enuff 2t to e system on a 34mm carb. was running 34mm carb + gienelli full system + 2t injector 10k-11k rpms daily 4 a gd 2 months be4 switching to premix no probs.

premix is not only used in racing mods, if ur using ur bike daily n 4 long distances, converting to premix helps reduce e vibrations on ur throttle, lightens up ur throttle pull, reduces e mess u have to deal wif if u service ur bike urself n prevents a blown piston shld ur injector ever fail on u or if ur oil tank runs out of 2t

in other words, comfort n a peace of mind =)

the one and only...

-=#BLUE^CHILLED^COLA#=-