SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilia Riders

ArchArrow

wah .. 01 model ... u prepare 3k. haha... prepare to order parts for entire engine liao. i'm serious. open up n see i guess almost everything inside is a goner.pardon me but mine 05 can hit 160 anytime and max out ard 180. parts airnt cheap. take care bro.

LOL, 4ever giving e early warnings when ppl turn up here wif a potential lemon... u shld standby a price checklist 4 those guys hu r eyeing pre 06 models... cut n paste or juz sticky it to e top of e thread

the one and only...

-=#BLUE^CHILLED^COLA#=-

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sub Zero

• lacrimosae

• eyz

• quikslvr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys a qn: premix is good in a way as a constant ratio of 2t is supplied to your engine, and the reduced amount of weight from not needing the 2t tank and the autolube system. which means at 1.5krpm at a stop light your giving lets say 1:50 ratio, at 10k your also giving 1:50 right?

Wouldnt it be more useful for racing as the ratio is set best for the engines high rpm (which the racer seldom goes below a certain rpm where he loses it all?

Where an autolube system might give 1:80 at 1.5krpm, and as your throttle is increased thus increasing ratio lets say 40:1 at 8krpm wouldnt that be better? meaning you dont waste as much 2t and reduce carbon buildup?

PS: Being objective guys not picking either side here. And ratios are used as examples.

one more thing: i change to aftermarket exhaust should i run a bigger pilot jet? Or only run bigger main jet? can stay with current settings right? thanks :D

But should disaster be my fate,

Guide me through to Heaven’s gate

03 Cagiva Planet (R.I.P) 21/12/09-06/05/10

05 Aprilia Rs125 10/08/10-10/11/12

02 Honda Hornet 250 10/11/12-

Bro you can just do like me and run without 2T for 2 days. Your bike will be much more responsive :lol: oil is overrated :lol:

Don't know why she is still alive...

Bro... for how long have u been riding yor RS.....??? Sorry to inform you dat wat u r doing is not advisable... It will caused more damage to yor bike.... JUz bcos u wana save a little bit of yor money, u r doing diz to yor bike????? Yes its true for once or twice it might works but for long term running u try n c wat will hapen....

Just received a new bottle of Bel-Ray Si-7 fully synthetic 2T for testing.

http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/82/482/3/17/65/2396317650038148698gVPIXD_th.jpg

According to the manufacturer's specs, it is fully synthetic and is suitable for both premix and injection systems.

First impression, the oil viscosity is very low. It flows easily and when poured into the petrol, it almost immediately dissolved into the entire bottle of petrol on its own, without agitation. This is unlike most other 2T I've tested, which sank to the bottom of the petrol bottle and stayed there until shaken.

Of course, printed on the back, the manufacturer recommends 1:50 2T to petrol ratio. Which means 1 litre of 2T to 1 litre of petrol.

In this case, 500ml of petrol should require 10ml of 2T. But just for the sake of the experiment, to make it a little easier to spot any separation based on color, I added 30ml of 2T to 500ml of petrol.

Fresh petrol

http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/83/183/4/58/63/2846458630038148698LgjzKC_th.jpg

Premixed petrol

http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/52/752/4/47/73/2955447730038148698JGVYJP_th.jpg

This will sit undisturbed for a week.

More after the jump.

How much is per bottle? u got it frm Raptor Motorsport izit?

Bro... for how long have u been riding yor RS.....??? Sorry to inform you dat wat u r doing is not advisable... It will caused more damage to yor bike.... JUz bcos u wana save a little bit of yor money, u r doing diz to yor bike????? Yes its true for once or twice it might works but for long term running u try n c wat will hapen....

Was the 1st week when I first got the apple bro ;) didn't know 2T was out as the previous owner told me he topped everything. But I am pretty sure I had some unseen residual in the tank back then, just found it funny that there was no seizure/jam whatsoever, and she felt greater + smoother after that :lol:

So clearly spelt out yet you do the absurd,

To ask a question already answered.

Your attempt to read is so half-hearted.

Are you st*pid, or just ret*rded?

hahahahaa... Sorry, does my poetry bother you? I won't explain ratio. You'll just have to read my post again.

Premixing doesn't only mean pouring 2T into the tank. Premixing means to mix lubricating oil into petrol even before it enters the carburetor. That will ensure a consistent ratio of 2T in your engine at all throttle positions, at all revs.

Running in is the best time to premix. Better mixture and better lubrication for the piston.

lawrence i should start asking stupid qns, pass your threshold and see how big bad wolf you become haha!

But should disaster be my fate,

Guide me through to Heaven’s gate

03 Cagiva Planet (R.I.P) 21/12/09-06/05/10

05 Aprilia Rs125 10/08/10-10/11/12

02 Honda Hornet 250 10/11/12-

didnt know they close on sunday.. had the impression they open everyday until 12am. workaholic ahseng

Because he work late nights at times to finish up aprilias, he fell sick. Pity him. :faint:

According to the manufacturer's specs, it is fully synthetic and is suitable for both premix and injection systems.

More after the jump.

Praying hard it's something better than what i been using. Hope there's a good review from u dude. :cheer:

Btw, your electric water pump is solid man... Your temp was in the low 50s only! CRAZY!!

U should get one installed cos u travel everyday all over the island bro. Now u got proof how good it is! I can't wait to get it installed soon! Or maybe wait till Mr Vteclee decides to sell his bike. I might buy over from him or something. Heheh.. :p

Yup.... datz true... Priller DONT U EVER TRY DAT.....!!!!!! My strong advise.......

Of course not. I can't see my ride going for another overhaul anytime soon. It's a very costly....event. Anyway my ride happily running on premix. She happy, i happier lah. Now must really do something for top end. Haiz. :pray:

Was the 1st week when I first got the apple bro ;) didn't know 2T was out as the previous owner told me he topped everything. But I am pretty sure I had some unseen residual in the tank back then, just found it funny that there was no seizure/jam whatsoever, and she felt greater + smoother after that :lol:

Lucky you. Better not try that again. Better still, be a tad more caring for your bike and convert it to premix fast. Then you'll really enjoy the ride. I thank my buddies who convinced me to run my ride on premix. A super4 was damn tu-lan with me when i launched after the traffic lights turned green. Heheh. :angel:

Lucky you. Better not try that again. Better still, be a tad more caring for your bike and convert it to premix fast. Then you'll really enjoy the ride. I thank my buddies who convinced me to run my ride on premix. A super4 was damn tu-lan with me when i launched after the traffic lights turned green. Heheh. :angel:

I wouldn't do that again. It was an oversight on my part as I trusted the previous owner much :sian:

I will try it some day, but personally I'm not a big fan of premix. It's nothing related to pros & cons but just the inconvenience and the high possibility of my diluted memory betraying me. I have had numerous times forgetting gloves/keys etc. so forgetting 2T bottle is totally possible. It's not going to be fun when you're low on fuel :lol: But definitely will give it a try bro :cheer: Too much to do, too little time :faint:

I wouldn't do that again. It was an oversight on my part as I trusted the previous owner much :sian:

I will try it some day, but personally I'm not a big fan of premix. It's nothing related to pros & cons but just the inconvenience and the high possibility of my diluted memory betraying me. I have had numerous times forgetting gloves/keys etc. so forgetting 2T bottle is totally possible. It's not going to be fun when you're low on fuel :lol: But definitely will give it a try bro :cheer: Too much to do, too little time :faint:

erm premix isnt really require la bro. premix each month u used abt 1 bt ... but with 2t pump maybe 2-3 mths 1 bottle... i'm one itchy backside who tries everything end up when the day come when u wanna sell. bang... tis also money tat also money .. how to sell... so ya lah.. the throttle just feel lighter only. similar effect u just install fast throttle can liao. i tried premix and before . my top speed din really effect much maybe 10km/hr. ur call.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd510/vteclee/sign.jpg

vteclee unable to sell his bike. stupid mah says either trade in or no. so i guess i'm just gonna keep it.

Haha. I knew it. They surely don't wanna take in RS125 anymore unless u trade in. 3 mths back i alrdy asked them. :)

I'll just buy it off David then. He's been bugging me to buy it.

Haha. I knew it. They surely don't wanna take in RS125 anymore unless u trade in. 3 mths back i alrdy asked them. :)

I'll just buy it off David then. He's been bugging me to buy it.

Whats the reason Mah not taking in rs125 anymore?

Will other shops not take it?

Whats the reason Mah not taking in rs125 anymore?

Probably because they have alot of brand new bikes in stock to clear? What they gain by taking in your bike and giving you cash?

lazy to check.

Why are you selling anyway? In any case, 99% of shops wont take in unless you take out a new bike from them. The older models are worthless in their eyes. Max they'll take in is 1K to 2K.. Lowest can be 500. So just sell privately. Private sellers would appreciate it much more.

ANY FOOL CAN HOLD A TIGER BY THE BALLS, BUT IT TAKES A HERO TO KEEP ON SQUEEZING. And I am that f*cking hero...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1827/march1vl5.jpghttp://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3057/march5el6.jpg

Will other shops not take it?

Dey oredy having hard time to sell the 2nd hand RS, wif the Y2Ks n 06s models in their garage, dats y dey r not willing to take.. Best is to wait outside any of de 3 Driving Ctrs during de 2Bs TP Test day n sell de bike to doz P plates riders who hav juz pass.

Dey oredy having hard time to sell the 2nd hand RS, wif the Y2Ks n 06s models in their garage, dats y dey r not willing to take.. Best is to wait outside any of de 3 Driving Ctrs during de 2Bs TP Test day n sell de bike to doz P plates riders who hav juz pass.

lol like that also can

I wana buy the new RS4 wif plate no. FBF 4 U... Can ride it along to do marketing wif my luvly wife.... Wakakaka..... Anyone wana get it as well n join me??? Den can open new thread for Aprilia RS4..... Wohooooo....

Two words, four stroke.

Spark 135, Reiju R3, Derby GPR125, Yamaha R125, oso FOUR STROKE..... So watz de big DEAL abt dat....!!! how fast can u go in Spore ?????? Diz RS4 is juz a glamour bike not meant for speed.... BUT........... Nothing is impossible to make diz machine werkz..... We'll wait n c..... If Spark 135 can make it, y not Aprilia......

Probably because they have alot of brand new bikes in stock to clear? What they gain by taking in your bike and giving you cash?

Why are you selling anyway? In any case, 99% of shops wont take in unless you take out a new bike from them. The older models are worthless in their eyes. Max they'll take in is 1K to 2K.. Lowest can be 500. So just sell privately. Private sellers would appreciate it much more.

bro... anyway if price not good than keep lor. haha ... if price is ok than i sell.

Edited by vteclee
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd510/vteclee/sign.jpg