SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha Diversion 900

Palary

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Custom

• SiLvErGhOsT

• mctan

• Heyrul77

http://www.bikez.com/bike/19959/index2.jpg

General information

Model: Yamaha XJ 900 S Diversion

Year: 2002

Category: Sport touring

Engine/transmission

Displacement: 892.00 ccm (54.43 cubic inches)

Engine type: In-line 4

Stroke: 4

HP (kW): 89.50 (65.3) @ 8250

Torque - Nm (kgf-m / ft.lbs): 83.30 (8.5 / 61.4) @ 7000

Compression: 10.0:1

Bore x stroke: 68.5 x 60.5 mm (2.7 x 2.4 inches)

Fuel control: DOHC

Cooling system: Air

Starter system / ignition: Electronic

Physical measures

Weight (dry): 239.0 kg (526.9 pounds)

Seat height (if adjustable, lowest setting): 795 mm (31.3 inches)

Wheelbase: 1,505 mm (59.3 inches)

Overall length: 2,230 mm (87.8 inches)

Overall width: 750 mm (29.5 inches)

Overall height: 1,300 mm (51.2 inches)

Ground clearance: 130 mm (5.1 inches)

Chassis/dimensions

Front suspension travel: 140 mm (5.5 inches)

Rear suspension travel: 110 mm (4.3 inches)

Front tyre dimensions: 120/70-17 58V

Rear tyre dimensions: 130/70-18 63H

Front brake(s): Dual disc

Front brake(s) diameter: 320 mm (12.6 inches)

Rear brake(s): Single disc

Rear brake(s) diameter: 245 mm (9.6 inches)

Your best friend in forum :: Search ::

Y?..becuse used by TP?

thought of getting this or the Deauville but hardly hear or seen any user and comments on this bike.

This is a frightening bike. Nobody dares to speed when one is in sight.

most of the "uncle" now are riding this machine

shaftdriven good for touring purposes...

Meow...>(@@)<

Guest GuiNNeSS

Actually, if you buy the divy900 in white, don't forget to include the optional side panniers and also go buy a Nolan helmet!!!!! :bounce:

Actually, if you buy the divy900 in white, don't forget to include the optional side panniers and also go buy a Nolan helmet!!!!! :bounce:

Thnk the panniers quite xxxx also...but comes in matchn fit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KneeSlider
This is a frightening bike. Nobody dares to speed when one is in sight.

yoll andy... love ur sarcasm!! hahahaha

i wonder if the diversion can catch anyone at all hahahahhahahah

89.5bhp at 239kg stock? hahaha and wif the local TP conversion kit should weigh in at a hefty 260kg give and take 5kg... hahahaha

talk about power to weight ratio.. and we've got a big mama on our hands here... dont mind me but i think its kinda obese... if u get what i mean hahahaha

gixxer1 has 145bhp and 170kg dry... compared to the diversion... i really think the local boys in blue have a big problem on their hands...

and looking at the touring tires they are running on... i hope i dont laff too hard when i see them in my rear mirror... hahahahahha ok ok bad taste for a joke.. heheheheh couldnt help myself... hahahaha :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Juz FYI dat our local traffic cops tested their Diversion at 240km/h along L.C.K road and 1 of them was asked this qns: 'Hayabusa can travel 280km/h ten how u all catch?' He replied:' We got install a speed cam on our bike dat means at a distance of 400m we can trace the speed of the bike and if we cant catch, we would remember their licence plate no.'

Anyway juz happen to saw a guy riding this bike 2day indeed he sprayed all white wif side panniers and was wearin a white helmet-wonder if it was a Nolan helmet

********************************************************************************

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Pizzaboy_Siggy.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

www.pizzahut.com.sg

Juz FYI dat our local traffic cops tested their Diversion at 240km/h along L.C.K road and 1 of them was asked this qns: 'Hayabusa can travel 280km/h ten how u all catch?' He replied:' We got install a speed cam on our bike dat means at a distance of 400m we can trace the speed of the bike and if we cant catch, we would remember their licence plate no.'

Anyway juz happen to saw a guy riding this bike 2day indeed he sprayed all white wif side panniers and was wearin a white helmet-wonder if it was a Nolan helmet

haha... this guy must be out to mock the TP! But i think in terms of weight, the civil defence bike is even worse, right! Have the two tanks and full kit which most prob weights 10kg.... :eek:

My brother tells me they are using S4...

Scare.. Scare... Safety first!

haha... this guy must be out to mock the TP! But i think in terms of weight, the civil defence bike is even worse, right! Have the two tanks and full kit which most prob weights 10kg.... :eek:

My brother tells me they are using S4...

Paramedics using the newer one-VTECS.

Guest GuiNNeSS
Funny how ugly the diversion looks in pictures but I oways think the TP bikes look beri chio when I see one

that's because the TP bikes have side panniers, siren, flashing beacon and radar.

Not to mention a custom nose which makes it wider than the standard. :p

Funny how ugly the diversion looks in pictures but I oways think the TP bikes look beri chio when I see one

that's because the TP bikes have side panniers, siren, flashing beacon and radar.

Not to mention a custom nose which makes it wider than the standard. :p

can do as long as $$$...heheheh

ok maybe shld start the ball rolling, me being a diverted owner shld elaborate on this bike's performance.

Bought the bike from Mah Motor Agencies at Jln Besar, but service at Hong Leong Paya Lebar for 1st 2 free svc.

1000km - mineral engine oil & shaft oil free + oil filter change $21(agent)

3000km - Esso 4T gold $76 + oil filter change $16(from Auto M/c)

0-1000km run-in maintain below 4000rpm

1000-3000km still running in maintain below 6000rpm

now after 3000km maintain below 6000rpm too becos Sg rds no chance to wack any higher than that. Maybe within next 2 oil change will bring it up gradually to 7000-8000rpm occassionally becos this bike redline after 9000rpm. Must remember to top-up engine oil lever becos tis is an oil-cool bike with no radiator, so such bikes use engine oil more siong. But anyway there is the engine oil indicator led on ur dashboard to remind u in case u forget.

Performance wise, it is a tall bike to handle and tall CG, but I lowered the rear mono-suspension myself by 1 click and the front to 1 level harder above the normal setting. Becos the front suspension at standard setting feels very bouncy at high speed riding. Adjusted the rear becos I find it abit too tall for me to maneurver at parking lots(me 1.74m) or maybe becos the seat is broad tats why. But like the websites says, noticeable vibrations at 3500-4000rpm which is this bike's characteristics, but after 4000rpm, its as smooth as silk. It happily revs at 4000-5000rpm at speed of 120-140kph which is like cruising for this bike. This bike warms up very fast at 2000-3000rpm for about 5 mins on street riding and then u can take it to highway speed of 3000rpm at 90kph for another 5mins b4 u hit the cruising 4000rpm at 120kph.

I bypass the TP stationed frequently at ECP fort rd ERP gantry at 110-120kph with no problems at all, maybe becos I was on lane 1, think they stop pple at tat speed at lane 3 or 2.

Keep u updated on any visible characteristic of this bike as I use it.

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

嘴讲兰派爽! The World would be a better place if karma exists.