SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Anyone used Coocase?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 36 litre box is quite a good deal. Much cheaper than the 48 litre box if you don't need that much space!

48L still better..depends on the bike too..

ride safe today,ride again tomorrow

I want to refrain from getting side boxes because they are expensive and I heard it affects the aerodynamics of the bike at high speed. I also want one with brakelights cause I believe in safety first, although having brakelights on the box being safer is something I admit is highly debatable.

Actually at so call High speed ( I don know whats ur definition of high speed. For me i would say from 140-200~at least) Its the top box that affect the aerodynamics and not side box. You can ask those old bird riders with side box. They will prefer not to put top box when touring.... only side box

btw i also using Astra 48. for my silverwing and current Vstrom

Seah => You should dislodge your box and look at the connector to see if there is wire. May even use a torch to shine @ the red plastic portion to see if there is LED installed.

THere are 3 version which mentioned earlier.

Mine came with the inner liner (works like wonders)

The few bad points were being mentioned as well

To add on, the side silver color panel decolorize with our climate and sun

The gap between the top and lower section closes traps water.

The base plate used is rather flimsy as compared to GIVI(new version baseplate)

1 thing to note beside the remote lock and the lock mechnism ( prevented thef once)

The connectin part (latch) between top and bottom portion of the box is designed in such a way that it is very difficult to open the box with hammer and screw driver. If you have seen how Givi or other boxes designed you will understand what i mean:sian:

Other than that I heard that they should be coming out with a new version with much audible Alarm and solve the water entrapment issue.

If the material used can be enhanced a bit. This Coocase will sweep Givi hands down in terms of price & realiability

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

Thanks for your input. Right now I am actually torn between Givi E55 Maxia or Coocase 48l. I do have a no. of things to put. The raincoat plus bike cover alone is already around half. Have not count my laptop/lecture notes and helmet. I need one box that is able to hold all this.

I want to refrain from getting side boxes because they are expensive and I heard it affects the aerodynamics of the bike at high speed. I also want one with brakelights cause I believe in safety first, although having brakelights on the box being safer is something I admit is highly debatable.

thats what i thought too initially... too my surprise side case does not affect one bit...

it affect when i put together with my top case though....:cool:

But be warn it does affect u when in jam:P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/khairul/siggy%20editor/Yishundam.jpg

VSTROM SINGAPORE - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125329690831574&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=125329690831574&ref=ts

Using the Astra 48L. The foam seal between the top and lower parts do trap water. Whenever I wash bike, I have to remove. Bought the basic matte black model and I find the space very satifactory. Bought the box for $150 at 219.

I have tried my top speed for Super4 SpecIII at 190km/h and I have no wobble issues. But I am considering adding side panniers to my bike. Looking out for a pair of relatively good condition E45 at reasonable price.

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

Using the Astra 48L. The foam seal between the top and lower parts do trap water. Whenever I wash bike, I have to remove. Bought the basic matte black model and I find the space very satifactory. Bought the box for $150 at 219.

I have tried my top speed for Super4 SpecIII at 190km/h and I have no wobble issues. But I am considering adding side panniers to my bike. Looking out for a pair of relatively good condition E45 at reasonable price.

Yours is the basic one without the alarm and brake lights?

He who hesitates is lost!

• 2 weeks later...

Coocase owners, I believe my remote control broke at the plastic joint piece that the key ring attaches to. If you are hanging the remote on your key ring with your bike keys, you might want to find ways to make the connection more secure.

Good news, a new remote control can be bought from Chiap Lee.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought my Astra basic model 48L 1 year back n never regret.

My bike when I reach office will be exposed to rain & shine from 8am till 6pm, till now the Matt color had not fade at all. I never apply any plastic protection solution.

Compared with Givi 45L which I used b4 will start to fade within months.

Conclusion : Material of Coocase r better in my opinion.

How it the coocase wired? Since it has a remote & alarm, it has to be wired direct to battery right? Does it cause a lot of drain to the battery? Don't want to put on the case and if I don't ride for 2 weeks or more, bike cannot start. Any such experience?

wired to main batt.

drain how much ummm very subjective and have no idea, but definitely will contribute to the draining.

if dun ride for long period, just detach the whole case and bring home lor.

or just do the proper thing and remove the whole batt.

How it the coocase wired? Since it has a remote & alarm, it has to be wired direct to battery right? Does it cause a lot of drain to the battery? Don't want to put on the case and if I don't ride for 2 weeks or more, bike cannot start. Any such experience?

According to the manual that comes with the Coocase, the charge drawn is very low.

• 4 months later...

Whats the heaviest weight you guys placed in your box before?

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...