SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Advertiser : Unique Motorsports

hi mates,

u all mus understand tat they are human too, no 1 is perfect. cfm they will make mistake de. but im sure it not alwas. maybe is like 1 in 10 bikes? i dun noe. as for mi i think tat they are super. ok let sae if they fix it wrgly, i believe they will fix it for free the other time. n u haf a part to plae too.

by telling them the correct stuff. n when riding out check it out properly.

after all it still ur bike. whu will really noe is sum tin is really amiss.

ok , let see. 1 dae they haf to fix how mani bike? cfm will tired or wat. n their customer are not little. u got go to um n see on sat? even changing of engine oil oso mus change outside the shop. im the long supported. i mus admit tat they did trouble shoot wrgly my bike. but when i go back. shawn , alex or kelvin. will do back their part . n i understand.it a motor bike, not a bicycle. there o jus so mani compartments.n u mus understand tat ur bike is a 2nd bike. it more den 3 years. not a 1st hand bike. cfm got tin spoil 1 ma.

bro no offence but i tink u shld reconsider ur opinion against them. go back. haf a nice chat wi them. n try to solve tin out. they are not jus customer to shop relation but i believe they r bro to bro relation.

so cheers mates, go back n find shawn or alex or kelvin. every tin will b solve.

if not u can really post here le

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs379.ash2/65701_176002369095418_100000569694348_526694_4927685_n.jpg

Think you are the fastest? Think again.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, hope someone can help me on this.

I changed tires on Sat last week at Unique. Process is ok, though waiting time is a bit long.

I changed from a worn out GPR70SP to a Arrowmax. Rear size changed from 150/60 to 150/70. Front remains same size.

Seat height increase slightly. Expected some vibration, which did happen, slightly increase in vibration at low rpm. However, when travelling and at high rpm, the vibration suddenly increase a lot and I can hear the engine is over rev. My throttle response here is still the same as before tire change.

The new high vibration and the over-rev at high rpm when travelling is the problem, what could be the cause of the problem?

new tyres have a layer of wax to protect the rubber during storage.

never never ride fast during the first 50km or so after changing tyres, allow the wax to wear off.

what you experienced could have been the tyre losing grip when at high rev/high speed.

similiar to the track bikes burning rubber before going on the track.

Bike now improved a lot after some tuning, I am really impressed by their customer service, really good, thumbs up!!:cheer:

glad u were able to get all ur problems sorted out bro!

wee......

new tyres have a layer of wax to protect the rubber during storage.

never never ride fast during the first 50km or so after changing tyres, allow the wax to wear off.

what you experienced could have been the tyre losing grip when at high rev/high speed.

similiar to the track bikes burning rubber before going on the track.

great advise....

when u ride long enough u will learn all this safety aspects....

but for those least experienced learn from this...really useful...

:pray:

Previous Rides:

:2004: HONDA NSR SP 150

:2005: HONDA NC 35 RVF

:2006: YAMAHA YZF R1

:2008: YAMAHA X1 R

:2009: Honda S4 VTEC III

:2012: Honda NC 700X

glad u were able to get all ur problems sorted out bro!

wee......

great advise....

when u ride long enough u will learn all this safety aspects....

but for those least experienced learn from this...really useful...

:pray:

wow wow wow... bro u sound like a pro rider leh

Adventures has no limit....

Aug 07 to Jun 08 - Honda NSR150SP

Jul 08 - Honda CB400 Spec 2

wow wow wow... bro u sound like a pro rider leh

u should try me...

i am the worst competition ever...

wahahaha ... learning everyday from people's mistakes and trying to incorporate them into my own lifestyle....dun wanna repeat them u see...

well anyway thanks for the company LuckyStar the 'Hell Rider'

hee...

:thumb: fer Unique.....

wee.............!!!!

Previous Rides:

:2004: HONDA NSR SP 150

:2005: HONDA NC 35 RVF

:2006: YAMAHA YZF R1

:2008: YAMAHA X1 R

:2009: Honda S4 VTEC III

:2012: Honda NC 700X

Attention all UM supporters!

Unique new branch at defu is having veri special promotion on the first week of opening.

Free Engine Oil

Free OWS engine oil change! so if ur bikes r due for oil change or almost due then hang on til 30th Jun, this lobang is FOC

Upz for UM....

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Adventures has no limit....

Aug 07 to Jun 08 - Honda NSR150SP

Jul 08 - Honda CB400 Spec 2

Attention all UM supporters!

Unique new branch at defu is having veri special promotion on the first week of opening.

Free Engine Oil

Free OWS engine oil change! so if ur bikes r due for oil change or almost due then hang on til 30th Jun, this lobang is FOC

Upz for UM....

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

just change EO just now there..

nvr mention bout the free EO..

keep disturbin them 2 open 1 shop @ wstside..

hehehe...

my lost then..

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/d3an_cain/FZ-1S/385677_10150750269527550_501922549_9854539_2138314152_n-1.jpg

http://images.redop2.multiply.com/image/b8SD0QJnMUnxGv+Dp320mg/photos/1M/300x300/2590/RedopII-logo.jpg?et=kJJjj8slm46j7tujy58%2Byg&nmid=0

[/center]

http://redop2.multiply.com/

Due to high positive feedback , i decided to try on this shop for the very 1st time and got a damn bad experience.

Waste my money and time. I SWEAR to GOD my Experience is true.

Today , at about 11am , i went to Unique, decided to service my motor Phantom 200. Change EO and Spark Plug and wash carb.

I was greeted by one of the staff , a kinda plump one. He told me he just joined Unique, and how he accident his Ta 150...

At the start, i was given a bottle of cold minerial water. Very pleased with the service as the guy is friendly.

Fistly he changed my EO , then help me check my Airfilter if it is dirty. Then top up my EO.

All these were well done.

Then he proceed to dismantle my carb. first he drop one of the screw while dismantle, we tried to find together but cant so he say go extra, no problem.

Things start to turns bad when one of the collegues , i guess is the supervisor, skinny guy with long hair came and whisper to him something. At the moment, the shop was starting to get busy, alot of customer waiting.

The mechanic attended to me start to haste up and stop talking. HE fixed the carb , start my bike then realised something wrong, a spring was not inserted in.

Then he dismantled again. At this time i can see he getting impatient.

I went over to ask him if my bike is ok , he said my choke cable spoilt, need to change. I asked him how much, the long hair guy came and said 18 bucks.

Then i said ok .

The mechanic then said .. wow lan.. cant earn la.. wash carb must dismantle and fix so many times.

Then at this time the skinny long hair came over and whisper to him again.

The mechanic then say, eh , no stock for the choke cable.He say come again another day, but i say can still ride or not?

He said no problem.

Then everything settle, i then ride my bike. I realised something very wrong, my idling very high.

At my 1st thought, it must be choke.

I parked my bike at the road side , check and saw the choke cable hanging w/o fixing properly.

The choke was not in pull out position but the idling was running high.

I tried to push back to the correct position of my choke cable, my engine dies off , immediately.

Tried to restart but cant.

Unless my choke cable is engaged.

I was really fed up , abd i do not have the shop number. Slowly, i ride my bike to my trusty old shop PLANET .

Ah Chong infd that who the mechanic do this thing? totally no skill.

He had tighten my trootle cable so tight that when my steering turn right it will rev high. Lucky he got stock and he told me that my carb sound funny.

He dismantle my carb again and realised the spring was not properly placed, and one of the screw was missing.

Unique, thanks for all the trouble caused. I swear i never visit yr shop ever again.

PIss off customer.

Due to high positive feedback , i decided to try on this shop for the very 1st time and got a damn bad experience.

Today , at about 11am , i went to Unique, decided to service my motor Phantom 200. Change EO and Spark Plug and wash carb.

I was greeted by one of the staff , a kinda plump one. He told me he just joined Unique, and how he accident his Ta 150...

At the start, i was given a bottle of cold minerial water. Very pleased with the service as the guy is friendly.

Fistly he changed my EO , then help me check my Airfilter if it is dirty. Then top up my EO.

Then he proceed to dismantle my carb. first he drop one of the screw while dismantle, we tried to find together but cant so he say go extra, no problem.

Things start to turns bad when one of the collegues , i guess is the supervisor, skinny guy with long hair came and whisper to him something. At the moment, the shop was starting to get busy, alot of customer waiting.

The mechanic attended to me start to haste up and stop talking. HE fixed the carb , start my bike then realised something wrong, a spring was not inserted in.

I went over to ask him if my bike is ok , he said my choke cable spoilt, need to change. I asked him how much, the long hair guy came and said 18 bucks.

Then i said ok .

The mechanic then said .. wow lan.. cant earn la.. wash carb must dismantle and fix so many times.

The mechanic then say, eh , no stock for the choke cable.He say come again another day, but i say can still ride or not?

He said no problem.

Then everything settle, i then ride my bike. I realised something very wrong, my idling very high.

I parked my bike at the road side , check and saw the choke cable hanging w/o fixing properly.

I tried to push back to the correct position of my choke cable, my engine dies off , immediately.

I was really fed up , abd i do not have the shop number. Slowly, i ride my bike to my trusty old shop PLANET .

He had tighten my trootle cable so tight that when my steering turn right it will rev high. Lucky he got stock and he told me that my carb sound funny.

He dismantle my carb again and realised the spring was not properly placed, and one of the screw was missing.

Unique, thanks for all the trouble caused. I swear i never visit yr shop ever again.

PIss off customer.

which branch did you go?

anyway i always believed all good things that gets too advertised or commercialized will eventually turn bad. like certain restaurants or game shops. bike shops shouldn't be exempted as well...

Then i said ok .

He said no problem.

PIss off customer.

brother, seriously i dun think there is a need for u to post here ah,'they' will just to shoot u, then hail the shop.

That's bad..I don't see the need why they have to "whisper" among themselves../makes it seem they're hidin stuff/info from the customer..Its just common sense that when you see people whisperin around you..It has got somethn to do with you..Or else why would they need to whisper? Makes sense? :rolleyes:

They should just talk as per normal..I'm sure the owner of the bike wanna know whats wrong with his/her bike before someone else..Its his/her bike..The owner should know beforehand..I'm sorry you had to experience such a thing on your first ever visit..One shop lesser for you to patronise..My advice is..Stick to the shop you trust unless its an emergency and that shop is closed and etc then go other shops..Not takin sides here..Just sharin my thoughts..:cheers:

which branch did you go?

anyway i always believed all good things that gets too advertised or commercialized will eventually turn bad. like certain restaurants or game shops. bike shops shouldn't be exempted as well...

That's true..:cheers:

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

Sad story, I think I know the mechanic you are refering to. A short n fat fellow with a dirty face. I also dont like him, see his ya-ya face already turn off. Lucky I alway wait for the big size mechanic, ah key, to do my bike. I ask Alec to arrange for me even have to wait because I like his work n explanations. Heard he is the chief mechanic at UM.

3 Sides to a Story: His story, Mine & the Truth