SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Advertiser : Unique Motorsports

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to high positive feedback , i decided to try on this shop for the very 1st time and got a damn bad experience.

Waste my money and time. I SWEAR to GOD my Experience is true.

Today , at about 11am , i went to Unique, decided to service my motor Phantom 200. Change EO and Spark Plug and wash carb.

I was greeted by one of the staff , a kinda plump one. He told me he just joined Unique, and how he accident his Ta 150...

At the start, i was given a bottle of cold minerial water. Very pleased with the service as the guy is friendly.

Fistly he changed my EO , then help me check my Airfilter if it is dirty. Then top up my EO.

All these were well done.

Then he proceed to dismantle my carb. first he drop one of the screw while dismantle, we tried to find together but cant so he say go extra, no problem.

Things start to turns bad when one of the collegues , i guess is the supervisor, skinny guy with long hair came and whisper to him something. At the moment, the shop was starting to get busy, alot of customer waiting.

The mechanic attended to me start to haste up and stop talking. HE fixed the carb , start my bike then realised something wrong, a spring was not inserted in.

Then he dismantled again. At this time i can see he getting impatient.

I went over to ask him if my bike is ok , he said my choke cable spoilt, need to change. I asked him how much, the long hair guy came and said 18 bucks.

Then i said ok .

The mechanic then said .. wow lan.. cant earn la.. wash carb must dismantle and fix so many times.

Then at this time the skinny long hair came over and whisper to him again.

The mechanic then say, eh , no stock for the choke cable.He say come again another day, but i say can still ride or not?

He said no problem.

Then everything settle, i then ride my bike. I realised something very wrong, my idling very high.

At my 1st thought, it must be choke.

I parked my bike at the road side , check and saw the choke cable hanging w/o fixing properly.

The choke was not in pull out position but the idling was running high.

I tried to push back to the correct position of my choke cable, my engine dies off , immediately.

Tried to restart but cant.

Unless my choke cable is engaged.

I was really fed up , abd i do not have the shop number. Slowly, i ride my bike to my trusty old shop PLANET .

Ah Chong infd that who the mechanic do this thing? totally no skill.

He had tighten my trootle cable so tight that when my steering turn right it will rev high. Lucky he got stock and he told me that my carb sound funny.

He dismantle my carb again and realised the spring was not properly placed, and one of the screw was missing.

Unique, thanks for all the trouble caused. I swear i never visit yr shop ever again.

PIss off customer.

Cool it bro...

I hope things have been settled between both parties..

Due to high positive feedback , i decided to try on this shop for the very 1st time and got a damn bad experience.

Waste my money and time. I SWEAR to GOD my Experience is true.

Today , at about 11am , i went to Unique, decided to service my motor Phantom 200. Change EO and Spark Plug and wash carb.

I was greeted by one of the staff , a kinda plump one. He told me he just joined Unique, and how he accident his Ta 150...

At the start, i was given a bottle of cold minerial water. Very pleased with the service as the guy is friendly.

Fistly he changed my EO , then help me check my Airfilter if it is dirty. Then top up my EO.

All these were well done.

Then he proceed to dismantle my carb. first he drop one of the screw while dismantle, we tried to find together but cant so he say go extra, no problem.

Things start to turns bad when one of the collegues , i guess is the supervisor, skinny guy with long hair came and whisper to him something. At the moment, the shop was starting to get busy, alot of customer waiting.

The mechanic attended to me start to haste up and stop talking. HE fixed the carb , start my bike then realised something wrong, a spring was not inserted in.

Then he dismantled again. At this time i can see he getting impatient.

I went over to ask him if my bike is ok , he said my choke cable spoilt, need to change. I asked him how much, the long hair guy came and said 18 bucks.

Then i said ok .

The mechanic then said .. wow lan.. cant earn la.. wash carb must dismantle and fix so many times.

Then at this time the skinny long hair came over and whisper to him again.

The mechanic then say, eh , no stock for the choke cable.He say come again another day, but i say can still ride or not?

He said no problem.

Then everything settle, i then ride my bike. I realised something very wrong, my idling very high.

At my 1st thought, it must be choke.

I parked my bike at the road side , check and saw the choke cable hanging w/o fixing properly.

The choke was not in pull out position but the idling was running high.

I tried to push back to the correct position of my choke cable, my engine dies off , immediately.

Tried to restart but cant.

Unless my choke cable is engaged.

I was really fed up , abd i do not have the shop number. Slowly, i ride my bike to my trusty old shop PLANET .

Ah Chong infd that who the mechanic do this thing? totally no skill.

He had tighten my trootle cable so tight that when my steering turn right it will rev high. Lucky he got stock and he told me that my carb sound funny.

He dismantle my carb again and realised the spring was not properly placed, and one of the screw was missing.

Unique, thanks for all the trouble caused. I swear i never visit yr shop ever again.

PIss off customer.

hi bro, did u contact Alec or Kelvin to inform them what happened? If u did, im sure they will make it up to u.

Last time when something went wrong with my old 9yrs old Vtec, Alec & Sean went back to shop to bring along tools and came over to my place at night almost 10pm to settle my bike. Cause really unknown cause part might be due to wear & tear due to old age. But, the very next day when i went back to their shop, Alec ordered the parts for me & replaced it without second words. Frankly speaking, i dun c any other shop will go to this extend to provide such services. Therefore, i hope u can thrash things out wif Unique. Give dem a chance to explain & rectify ur issues.

Of cos to continue to patronize dem anymore in the future is all up to u. Juz sharing wif u my experiences. :)

Haiz... all I can say is mayb the new mech reali no good... 1st visit at UM kanen tis kind of experience of coz pissed off... Bro, next time mayb u look for the chief mech, Ah Kee, if u wana try their service again.

My 1st visit to UM was very good but subsequently I went to try out other workshop even as far as bukit merah. However, I still find UM the best, in terms of customers service, price n the cold drinks.

:slapforehead: Mayb u need to give them a chance n u might find them different from other bikeshops... anyway cheer upz n cool it man...:cheers:

Adventures has no limit....

Aug 07 to Jun 08 - Honda NSR150SP

Jul 08 - Honda CB400 Spec 2

hmm I agree , ah kee is really a good mechanic cause the way i see his workmanship is quite professional when he is attending to my SP & he is quite friendly can talk to you anything under the sun , this is just my view only. I think i will not go to any other shops anymore as firstly i staying in marine drive is quite near to my place & lastly the staff always do a free wash on my bike after servicing which i think it's one of the excellent service I should continue to support UM all the way , thanks to all unique motor staffs cheers ........

live is short , play hard ...... :gun: :help:

Totally agreed:clap: Ah Kee has alot of Super 4 supporters including myself.

Initially, I was attracted by their promo on their opening of the defu branch. However, I feel that there must be some hidden cost, where got such good deal? But they managed to prove me wrong when I 1st visited their Eunos branch. I find the service there very much different :cheeky: from other workshops n the bosses are also friendly. The ice cold drinks are definitely impressive due to our hot weather. Since then, I am their loyal customer.

UNIQUE upz... upz... upz... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

3 Sides to a Story: His story, Mine & the Truth

still waiting for UNIQUE reply... he say going to look into this matteR? I wonder what they looking at, when they are the ONE that made such mistakes.

why wait for them to reply online??

why not straight away go back and try reasoning on that day itself..?

i believe they will try to recify the problems and solve it for you..

not everyone can be pleased by the same service..

i also had bad experience with one of the advertisers here.. but i try not to mention names, just let my friends know..

just imagine, they can install brake pads wrongly with the ceramic facing the pistons..!!

sometimes it's good to use the PM and see if the problem can be solve offline instead of bringing it online.. and if there's really nothing to post/comment, please just dun post..

sorry for the harsh comments.. just wanna justify for Unique..

Good Luck..........

Bro, too much lah. In the 1st place u didnt go back to them, n when u go to other bike shop of course they can say whatever they like to bad mouth the others. :slapforehead:

Nobody is perfect.

3 Sides to a Story: His story, Mine & the Truth

Just wanna ask one qns... I wanna go unique for top overhaul soon... which mech would u all recommend for SP? hehe

Bro, can go ahead n try their service, my SP top overhaul there as well, my exhaust oso de-carbonised there. Dun listen to those who tink their "50 cents coin size is as big as their bike's rim"

Til now my SP no cough or flu, only needs regular maintaince n 2-T. Btw it has been almost a year since my top overhaul. The credit goes to UM's Ah Kee n Ah Hong for my smooth n powerful ride. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Adventures has no limit....

Aug 07 to Jun 08 - Honda NSR150SP

Jul 08 - Honda CB400 Spec 2

cool, will be dropping down for top service plus a change of rear tires, fixing of my headlight and horn haha. is the bike shop very crowded one ar? today went bukit merah got quite a shock by the amount of bikes there

http://i44.tinypic.com/54c3gg.gif

bro, every 1 haf bad experiece, is jus tat whether u wanna retify or anot.

last week i change my brake pump, it was not properly bleeded n the brake fuild drip onto my air intake. so i went back another week lata n look for shawn. :box:

he immed push in my bike w/o saying anitin n ask his mech to check n recorrect the prob. as it was a week lata , how mani bike shop would do it again w/o charging a single cent n jus push the blame to u n see it as another chance to chop u?

they took out every tin, master pump, brake kit etc. n he took out the air intake w/o mi telling n jus use a sand paper. slowly sand out the paint work n spray a fresh coat of black paint for mi.

ok, in sg how mani bike shop will do tis for u w/o charging?

n even took it out to sand nicely n spray for u? ( when i go there, there was quite alot of cust)

bro, every 1 make mistake. as u can sae his new. y not give a 2nd chance?

jus go down n look for shawn, n im sure ur problem will b solve.

and as for the whispering stuff, yes it can b annoying. but u didnt hear them saying anitin rite? they might b jus dicussing about other stuff? n did the stuff they charge u, overcharge? no rite? den definitly they not discussing to chop u. so bro, no offence but no assumption when u r not cfm.

so bro, y not go down n try n solve it. im sure every can b solve.

jus my 2cents worth bro, no offence.

ride safE!:cheers:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs379.ash2/65701_176002369095418_100000569694348_526694_4927685_n.jpg

Think you are the fastest? Think again.

which is the new ones and which is the senior experienced ones?

my bike everytime attended by one big size fellow like gangster..

i know who u referring to, he is very skilled:D

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

which is the new ones and which is the senior experienced ones?

my bike everytime attended by one big size fellow like gangster..

HAHAHA :slapforehead:

The big size gangster is Ah Kee, he is the chief mech at UM.

I always wait for him to service my bike, I find him one of the best mech I ever met. Although he talk like gangster but he is someone who is damn :thumb: he will tell u what are the parts which u can save n no need to replace. UPzzz for u, Ah Kee n UPzzz for UM.

live is short , play hard ...... :gun: :help:

Bro, can go ahead n try their service, my SP top overhaul there as well, my exhaust oso de-carbonised there. Dun listen to those who tink their "50 cents coin size is as big as their bike's rim"

Til now my SP no cough or flu, only needs regular maintaince n 2-T. Btw it has been almost a year since my top overhaul. The credit goes to UM's Ah Kee n Ah Hong for my smooth n powerful ride. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Don't listen to him... If ya want, you can PM / Call Unique and tell them what you want..

I'm sure they will arrange everything for ya...

=)

Hey brothers... thanks for the info, will definitely go down and top overhaul my bike. btw can make appointment ah? wah that's very good leh, then i'll go in the morning so at nite can collect hehehee

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Sinfillled_Siggy.jpg

Hi guys,

how much do they charge for a top service for a sp? thinking of servicing my bike soon.. haha btw is it better to change tyre there? as in the price. haha

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176274

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136821&page=7

Good things don't come cheap...

Cheap things don't come good...

Hope this helps!!

HAHAHA :slapforehead:

The big size gangster is Ah Kee, he is the chief mech at UM.

I always wait for him to service my bike, I find him one of the best mech I ever met. Although he talk like gangster but he is someone who is damn :thumb: he will tell u what are the parts which u can save n no need to replace. UPzzz for u, Ah Kee n UPzzz for UM.

wow power!! than its lucky for me to get ahkee to do up my bike..