SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Tires on your Phantom

ahcaibiker

What tire you loved best on your phantom's rim?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What tire you loved best on your phantom's rim?

• Metzeler
    • Pirelli
    • Bridgestone
    • Dunlop
    • IRC

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok lehz for me... never skid before.. looks nice for me..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Metzeler for Front (about 1 year ago) and City Demon Pirelli for back since 3 weeks ago.

Metzeler doesn't last. Pirelli seems to give better friction on smooth cement surfaces.

I skidded and fell several times with the default IRC tyres that came with it when i bought it. Took it for a change immediately. Don't take IRC no matter what the technician says.

wow...price please....i am using the stock IRC..... looking at this shinko brand from unique motors $125 only..... metzeler i just change for my dad's bike at $170 lasertec....i need more options...actually.....the stock irc really slippery.....but i go slow so its still ok....

:cool:

wow...price please....i am using the stock IRC..... looking at this shinko brand from unique motors $125 only..... metzeler i just change for my dad's bike at $170 lasertec....i need more options...actually.....the stock irc really slippery.....but i go slow so its still ok....

I suggest you can take a look at IRC soft compounds. :thumb:

metzeler got 2 types i think.

Edited by Hydher

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

just changed to Metz Lasertec about a month ago and it seems pretty ok so far...

lasertec. how much u change it for?....this shop quote me $190 thinking i dun know abt the rate...then i say wah metzeler $150 have already...he say this is new model,this n that in the end i just ask him change he give $170

:cool:

lasertec. how much u change it for?....this shop quote me $190 thinking i dun know abt the rate...then i say wah metzeler $150 have already...he say this is new model,this n that in the end i just ask him change he give $170

can't really remembr coz brain falling apart! hahaha

i think about $180 for both front + rear...

Grounded... :/

for those using the Metz Lasertec, what pressures are you pumping?

i am following the print on the side wall which says 225 (i think) coz the rubber area there is kinda blurry......

am using Meztler.. not bad.. this coming Nov would be 1 year old... Still got flower...

5 Oct 2005 - Jun 2007(SP) FS6059X

18 Jun 2007 - 26 Nov 2007 -> CBR400, L model problematic FJ532*S

26 Nov 2007 - 12 Nov 2011 -> TA200, FV2X2G

12 Nov 2011 - 12 Nov 2012 -> SYM GTS200, FZ99*0D

29 Nov 2012 - 13 July 2015 -> KIA Rio HB 1.4M, SFY*

13 Jul 2015 - 28 Apr 2018 -> Kia Cerato V2 SKT*

28 Apr 2018 till current -> Hyundai Elentra S_trim SLZ*

250 cold at max load 350kg i think =)

250 is pretty high!

wow... mebe this weekend i try and have a ride about to see how it feels versus the 230 i'd been pumping...

so far what is the review on the lasertec tyres?nice?slippery?if good maybe i go and tyr out a pair also ...$170? any place got cheaper?

pretty ok, feels a little more grippy than my previous pirelli pair... :)

• 1 month later...

Just some information updates here... Went to planet last week and saw a fellow rider change tires. Now Metzeler comes in full LaserTec front and rear. Last time only front is Lasertec and rear is ME77 (refer to post #2).

I have no idea if theres any change in tire composition, but it feels quite good. It might have change some time ago, but since no one mentioned i juz post. ;)

hmm.. last week.. did u see me?? cause im changing rear wheel not the tires.. hahahah

saw a couple of phantom last friday. 80% all phantoms in planet

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

hmm.. last week.. did u see me?? cause im changing rear wheel not the tires.. hahahah

saw a couple of phantom last friday. 80% all phantoms in planet

arhhh... are u the one that rides a TA200 but changed to TA150 wheel?

250 is pretty high!

wow... mebe this weekend i try and have a ride about to see how it feels versus the 230 i'd been pumping...

u end up with better FC..

yaks braking..most probably fish tailing when in a hurry.

'and finally with sore butt..IMHO

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

arhhh... are u the one that rides a TA200 but changed to TA150 wheel?

Bingo!! which is you? the orange ta200 or??

im officially riding a ta175 Now

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12