SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Tires on your Phantom

ahcaibiker

What tire you loved best on your phantom's rim?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What tire you loved best on your phantom's rim?

• Metzeler
    • Pirelli
    • Bridgestone
    • Dunlop
    • IRC

Got myself a Metzeler Lasertec at Planet last month. I feel way more confident on the roads right now. However, just a quick question, what are your pressure values for the Metz for front and rear? The last I checked it was about 250(front)/220(rear) as per what Ah Chong pumped for me.

for me.. rear ( 230) front (220)..

too hard. no friction to the road.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got myself a Metzeler Lasertec at Planet last month. I feel way more confident on the roads right now. However, just a quick question, what are your pressure values for the Metz for front and rear? The last I checked it was about 250(front)/220(rear) as per what Ah Chong pumped for me.

when i used metz tires, i used to pump 220 for both. :)

my phantom is fitted with a 140 rear tire..

i think the brand is bridgestone..

:angel:

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)

Hi Guys

some interesting points of view, my Phantom came with stock IRC's and just recently after 17,600 kms the handling definitely degraded. As I am out in the sticks there is not a great deal of choice here.

Wanted to switch to Michelins, but difficult to get. Had a chat with my Guru and he convinced me to stick with the IRC's. I am slightly redfaced about the mileage I got out of my tyres, added to that there was still plenty of tread depth.

Only had one scary moment in the wet trying to avoid a huge pothole, nice rear wheel drift and finished with a 270 degree spin, managed to keep it upright somehow.

The tyres fitted now feel great and confidence is restored, I figure that I will treat myself to a new set every Christmas as they are so cheap.

Happy Trails

Hi Guys

some interesting points of view, my Phantom came with stock IRC's and just recently after 17,600 kms the handling definitely degraded. As I am out in the sticks there is not a great deal of choice here.

Wanted to switch to Michelins, but difficult to get. Had a chat with my Guru and he convinced me to stick with the IRC's. I am slightly redfaced about the mileage I got out of my tyres, added to that there was still plenty of tread depth.

Only had one scary moment in the wet trying to avoid a huge pothole, nice rear wheel drift and finished with a 270 degree spin, managed to keep it upright somehow.

The tyres fitted now feel great and confidence is restored, I figure that I will treat myself to a new set every Christmas as they are so cheap.

Happy Trails

well... roads in thailand aren't prefect... take it easy ok...? :smile:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

Perfection is in the eye of the beholder Vidak haha

You are right mate, I have learned to ride defensively but not like a *****. In Thailands defence there are a lot of good roads too, but also some horrors. The IRC's new are a good tyre but they do tend to harden, I reckon 12 months is the optimum time to change them out.

Cheers

PS I was stationed at HMS Simbang in the early 70's and have very fond memories of Singapore, Nee Soon and Sembawang Villages and the Kampongs around there.

u can find the address in the "shop directory" link above, it cost me $90 for my metz rear tyre... its good :thumb:

Where exactly is the "shop directory"? I don't see it!

Would like the address to "hkl in Bukit Merah" since I am staying in Tiong Bahru & may need to change my back tyre.

Hi guys!

I have bumps popping up in my back tyre...

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4448/tyrebump1.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4585/tyrebump2.jpg

Anyone experienced this before?

Know of possible cause(s) & the remedy for it?

Looks like it has to be replaced, pronto?

u need to change it asap, if possible dun ride, if die die muz ride, better call tow truck, cuz that is a tyre failure waiting to happen as the internal wire strands embedded in the tyre that is holding the shape has kaput, now its only left the rubber thats holding the air pressure, so i leave it up to you to decide.........

HUAT HUAT HUAT AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

looks very scary ! . $40 tow truck for 2-way trip to planet recommended pronto !

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

TS -if you could let the rest here know what is the brand of tyre and how long has it been in use... you could save alot of other riders the kind of headache you are having now.

Unless.... you are one those who believe in the equal misery concept. :angel:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

wa lau.. 1st time seeing it happen on a phantom rear tire...

if you value your life or safety, do not ride it, have it towed to bike shop to have the tires replaced...

i've been studying the "made in japan" and "made in thailand" tires recently, and found the thailand ones to be inferior in quality...

one cause of the bumps, could be riding the bike with extremely low tire pressure.

i pump and check my pressure once a week, and i will advise such practice, it's all part of the TLC for your bike! :angel:

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

It is a Pirelli City Demon tyre. It replaced the IRC stock tyre in March 2008. So it has been in use for 1 year 10 months.

I plan to ride to HKL which is about 5 minutes from my place. Not sure which "HKL" I should go to though, since there are at least 3 addresses on their website:

Team HKL Racing

Address:

Blk 1008 #01-24

Bukit Merah Lane 3

Singapore 159721

Team HKL Workshop

Address:

Blk 1008 #01-16

Bukit Merah Lane 3

Singapore 159721

Hock Kim Leong Trading Co.

Address:

Blk 1007 #01-05

Bukit Merah Lane 3

Singapore 159721

This would be my first time there. Any advice?

It is a Pirelli City Demon tyre. It replaced the IRC stock tyre in March 2008. So it has been in use for 1 year 10 months.

I plan to ride to HKL which is about 5 minutes from my place. Not sure which "HKL" I should go to though, since there are at least 3 addresses on their website:

Team HKL Racing

Address:

Blk 1008 #01-24

Bukit Merah Lane 3

Singapore 159721

Team HKL Workshop

Address:

Blk 1008 #01-16

Bukit Merah Lane 3

Singapore 159721

Hock Kim Leong Trading Co.

Address:

Blk 1007 #01-05

Bukit Merah Lane 3

Singapore 159721

This would be my first time there. Any advice?

the one at blk 1007 is more like a showroom, selling accessories and stuff (only went past but never walk in before, so not 100% sure).

but the other 2 are both workshop and are just opposite to each other only. one is beside universal motor (pulsar dealer), the other one is beside juzzwheel.

肥仔七åƒå·

TS -if you could let the rest here know what is the brand of tyre and how long has it been in use... you could save alot of other riders the kind of headache you are having now.

Unless.... you are one those who believe in the equal misery concept. :angel:

eh hello.. sorry to say something.. i may not know as much bike stuff as u(mod)

this is manufacture faults, any brand might happen too.. u cant be coz of the brand he using u wan tell every1 that this brand no good

i had friend that use continental tyres got bump too, and i also have friend use continental no problem.

wat u tink about continental den? bad tyres? lousy?

peace, jus sharing