SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CB250 Nighthawk, Following  

17 members have voted

1. 1. CB250 Nighthawk, Following

• Coe sufficient
    • Modding potential
    • Parts availability
    • Plugs change frequency
    • Engine oil type and change frequency
    • Lifespan of original parts
    • Flexibility of cheaper parts use
    • Moifying potential
    • Able to use any grade of petrol fuel
    • Potential for 4 rounds of COE
    • Easy to pass inspection
    • Low road tax
    • Daily ride potential
    • Low fuel consumption
    • Ease of maintenance
    • Ease of riding

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

Tried googling but can't really find the answer.

Does anyone here have a pic of the modern cb400 frame shape? From a fully assembled bike pic, it seems like the seat angle points upward towards the back.

Is this because the FRAME seat angle is already pointing upward? Or is it the seat cusion / fenders that give this illusion?

I am trying to see what are possibilities to have a super flat and straight seat for a more cafe racer look.

I don't have a CB400 at the moment.

Apppreciate any helps!

Thanks!

I know for sure the frame is angle upwards towards the rear. Good news is the rear subframe can be removed for the shorter rear end. Vtec models rear subframe is welded to the chassis so hv to cut instead. The rider part of the frame is flat but angles upwards near the rear shock. Straight seat will be tough but it'll be flat. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/02/37c735bde74c2ae834891ae95e11cb0c.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/02/9a94f5062676336cbd74f940851999b0.jpg

That's my cafe racer project. DIY fyi.

94-95 FJ5514C xr200r,95-97 FK8732P Suzuki bandit GSF400P,96-97 FD6122A Xr350r,97-99 FP1472J KawaGt550,99-01 FR9492M Honda S4cb400vtec1,98-10 AV2612T vespa px150,98-10 AQ5313M vespa vbb150,01-03 FR7087M Harley fatboy flstf,06-08 FA8752J Vespa Rally PX,05-07 FN6735D Steed VSE 400,07-11 SGQ6458P Opel Meriva 1.6FL, 08-09 FP4470U S4 Ver S,09-11 FP1152H Honda steed VSE 400 bobber

BRO! your cafe racer project looks HOT!!

Can't tell but is your bike VTEC?

Ideally i'd like to make a mod that does not involve frame cutting. So in this case, non VTEC (removable subframe) would be best.

My idea is to remove the subframe part, and attach a custom version that will make the entire seat area straight. You think thats possible?

I know for sure the frame is angle upwards towards the rear. Good news is the rear subframe can be removed for the shorter rear end. Vtec models rear subframe is welded to the chassis so hv to cut instead. The rider part of the frame is flat but angles upwards near the rear shock. Straight seat will be tough but it'll be flat. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/02/37c735bde74c2ae834891ae95e11cb0c.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/02/9a94f5062676336cbd74f940851999b0.jpg

That's my cafe racer project. DIY fyi.

I have an idea to make the seat more level. Possible to raise it a little bit? so it is nice and level?

If you look at the below pic, the frame where the seat shd be is actually angle up (like cb400), but the cusion itself is actually not resting exactly on the frame. There is probably some bracket or something underneath to raise it so is level with ground. Looks quite hot!

What u think?

10152016_665612553487577_2026392455_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Today I experience a moment of power cut off while riding my bike. The power came back immediately after I release my clutch. At one time my bike stall completely on the road and have to restart again. In fact , this issue don't happen all the time

I have spoke to Ah Seng on my bike problem and he has help to tune my Idle speed higher and advise me to monitor the situation for next 2 weeks. Any Superfour riders here experience similar issue as mine.

First check if your fuel hose feeding to your carbs is leaking or not.

Does this happen when you ride hard or bumpy roads?

Not really . U have this similar issue before and solved it changing the fuel hose .

There are a few things that engine die. Can you describe in more detail how and when it suddenly die?

It can be setting issue, get an experience mechanic to hear if your timing is out or not. If the carbs is dirty, the fuel air ratio will always be out.

Yea I encounter before, but mine was due to carb settings, after tuning, seldom happen already.

I had faced this issues long before . When I do an emergency stop or stop from high speed, sometimes the engine dies. But then every since I changed my oil to Amsoil that never happened. Don't know how the hell it's related. technically doesn't make sense . But no power cut not even once for a year now.

There are a few things that engine die. Can you describe in more detail how and when it suddenly die?

It can be setting issue, get an experience mechanic to hear if your timing is out or not. If the carbs is dirty, the fuel air ratio will always be out.

Yea I encounter before, but mine was due to carb settings, after tuning, seldom happen already.

So far this is what I observed.

Bike power lost for a “spilt” second and return back to normal after clutch out. The bike didn’t stall but it resulted my bike to jerk due to the sudden power cut for about 1 second. It don’t happen all the time. Take for instant, I do not have this issue while riding back home today.

Experience a few times the bike stall during riding. Most of the time is when I “play” with clutch to control the engine brake to slow down my speed. Like what u mentioned the fuel air ratio could probably cause the engine to stall. Ah Seng suspect it could be due to my low idle speed. Problem still persist after adjust the idle speed higher.

Every morning while starting bike, bike engine feel luggish but ok after a while.

I don't think it has something to do with idle speed, it's the timing air screw, all four of them.

Btw, your jettings all stock right? Original size is 102 for the outermost 2 carburetors, and size 105 for the innermost 2 carburetors

I don't think it has something to do with idle speed, it's the timing air screw, all four of them.

Btw, your jettings all stock right? Original size is 102 for the outermost 2 carburetors, and size 105 for the innermost 2 carburetors

I not sure about the sizing but It should be all stock components . The last time i done my carburetor tuning is when it was 50km mileage . Now my bike mileage is 138km mileage . Now sure it is a tell tale sign that i need to go for another tuning again .

while google for information , i found this information . It might be due to aging or faulty spark plugs . I can't remember when i last change my spark plugs but i know it is about time to change a new set of plugs .

Hi,

When i slot my key and flip the switch, my HISS indicator light will light up but wont go off and i cant switch on my bike. It will just keep on cranking. The only way to switch on my bike is to push start. Any of you guys faced this problem before? How do i rectify it so i can switch on normally?