SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Singapore rides

@coolthought: i might go for another sunset ride one day this week...will post when i do.

@shunoski: you can do day ride har? if can then we do sunset one :) i wanna avoid those late morning ones already...hahaha!

I am hoping that I can learn a bit from you.... your car and bike shoots are good enough to rival (and sometimes even better than) the car and bike magazine.

http://weather.nea.gov.sg/ForecastToday.aspx

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@coolthought: i might go for another sunset ride one day this week...will post when i do.

@shunoski: you can do day ride har? if can then we do sunset one :) i wanna avoid those late morning ones already...hahaha!

Actually I anytime one as long I'm not working. Just chiong those ungodly timing because of traffic condition.

I may be a semi-veteran on road with a car, but I'm still a young larva on a bike. Esp with 2B bike, I cannot rev my way out of sticky situations too easily.

Secondly, to avoid the afternoon sun which is quite glaring. It's quite hard for me to wear sunglasses as I'm already wearing glasses. My transition lens doesn't helps much, although it looks cool on commercials. :cool:

Anyone can ride a bike. Being a biker, is a state of mind.

@coolthought: glad you like the pictures. i thought you were the one who asked for a daytime ride...hahaha! anyway...sunset must go to places where there is open space so we get the effects of the open sky...or a place with nice structures that can provide good silhouettes...best time for subset pictures are from 6:30pm to 7:30pm. any earlier and the sun is too high...any later and the afterglow is gone :)

@shunoski: you free until what day? we can go for drive :)

http://simonnunis.smugmug.com/photos/684724736_fuDoa-M-1.jpg

ah.. cannot drive. This month's petrol exceed budget because of a the leaking of a FULL 12L tank of petrol! This caused another 5L to top up after patching, and half of it still remains when I send to HLC. That considered gone also. -shake head-

Felt so sinful at seeing 12L of petrol draining onto the ground, that's 480km draining away, can't forgive myself still. Be patient, it's another 7 days for collection, as experienced by your TW, probably earlier.

That 12L leads to additional 60L being burnt, cuz gotta drive.

Anyway, juz hates driving. Reminds me of work only, 6 years, 80km on work days... Traffic density increase steadily through the years, irks me to be flooring 30% of throttle every morning. Then there's always idiots who will have accident on rainy days, and those who bump backside, and settle in middle of road. No injuries, move to side! Then typical bloody idiot singapoeans will slow down to see shows or catch the number plates. I better stop... makes me agitated recapping....

@coolthought: glad you like the pictures. i thought you were the one who asked for a daytime ride...hahaha! anyway...sunset must go to places where there is open space so we get the effects of the open sky...or a place with nice structures that can provide good silhouettes...best time for subset pictures are from 6:30pm to 7:30pm. any earlier and the sun is too high...any later and the afterglow is gone :)

@shunoski: you free until what day? we can go for drive :)

my photos gets lots of "noise" if it is taken in low light conditions even with a low iso....sianzz... this is why I prefer day ride shooting... 630pm should still be good for my camera.

ah.. cannot drive. This month's petrol exceed budget because of a the leaking of a FULL 12L tank of petrol! This caused another 5L to top up after patching, and half of it still remains when I send to HLC. That considered gone also. -shake head-

Felt so sinful at seeing 12L of petrol draining onto the ground, that's 480km draining away, can't forgive myself still. Be patient, it's another 7 days for collection, as experienced by your TW, probably earlier.

err... for me...I will be more worried about fire hazard....

Thanks for concern, same thoughts went through when it happened. But no choice, I have nothing to plug it and worse, it's near bottom of tank, so confirm will leak until empty... and the tank was full.

I pushed to an isolated corner, so even if there's a fire, only my bike got it. Better than having the fume linger around the parked bikes, and one who doesn't realise lit a cigarette or start an engine.

Luckily, petrol dries up quick, not much traces of it an hour after it finally empties out.

@shunoski: actually, people everywhere are the same. singapore, malaysia, china, india, australia, france, austria, california, washington...they ALL slow down to see what happened on the road. hahaha!

@coolthought: i actually like noisy pictures sometimes. but i know what you mean. when you don't want noise and get noise, it can really irk. anyway, we experiment and see what we can do about it. if too dark then noise cannot be avoided by any camera i think. should be interesting :)

@coolthought: i actually like noisy pictures sometimes. but i know what you mean. when you don't want noise and get noise, it can really irk. anyway, we experiment and see what we can do about it. if too dark then noise cannot be avoided by any camera i think. should be interesting :)

....yes....but I am a 5ucker for crystal clear and sharp photo.... the camera review spec I always look at first is at which ISO setting before the noise become visible.

however, I do see some crystal clear night photo you have upload in smugmug.:thumb::thumb:

@seany: thank you, glad you enjoyed the blog and the photographs :)

@coolthought: i know what you mean about the iso/noise specs. the biggest reason why i upgraded from my original d70 was because i needed faster focusing and continuous shooting speeds for my travel assignments. i am now addicted to the speed...even though i shoot mainly still subjects these days. hahaha! still, the low light capabilities came as a good side benefit for me :) what camera are you using, by the way?

@seany: thank you, glad you enjoyed the blog and the photographs :)

@coolthought: i know what you mean about the iso/noise specs. the biggest reason why i upgraded from my original d70 was because i needed faster focusing and continuous shooting speeds for my travel assignments. i am now addicted to the speed...even though i shoot mainly still subjects these days. hahaha! still, the low light capabilities came as a good side benefit for me :) what camera are you using, by the way?

I'm using a canon A700.

Check out my photos at Flickr.

The latest canon DSLR camera noise cancellation software seems too be much better than most others of its range.....but Nikon somehow still feel better in some other way...*shrugs*

But I guess your new camera plus new bike is a perfect marriage of your new found love and old love.....

Yo Simon, wanna ask you some questions regarding FF helmets, i just bought a HJC FG-15 helmet this afternoon, obviously it is not PSB approved, but how come it doesnt even have the snell or dot sticker? does this mean it is not snell/dot approved? i can show you the helmet when we meet later tonight.

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

@coolthought: my camera is actually 4 years old now and i'm still loving it :) don't think i wanna get a new camera as this one has enough pixels for me (4+MP) and easy to import files since the sizes are nice and small :)

.....from my point of view...your new love--->riding. your old love--->photography.

I have recently come across an article that clearly tells the history of Nikon and Canon.... Nikon used to be the leader for SLR camera till Canon came up the EOS series.....

To each his own favorite brand.... but I have seriously considering D90.... reason 1. I can borrow lens from my friend. LOL:cheeky:

But no budget at the moment....haizz....now, I focus mostly on brushing up my photo editing skills....:angel:

@ahcaibiker: sure...just bring along. but i think shunoski has posted a link that shows this model is indeed DOT and Snell certified...at least in the US.

@coolthought: i must have read your original post wrongly. yup, i enjoy photography very much! as for brands...i think they are similar (nikon and canon). i used both before and liked them both very much. however, my hands and thought process suits the nikon design better (e.g. front and back dials directly opposing, focus selection arrow pointers, menu structures etc etc). that is why i went the nikon way. i selected solely based on which platform i could capture my images faster...the quality isn't an issue for my style of photography...they way surpass my capability :) so you are right that to each his own!

@ahcaibiker: sure...just bring along. but i think shunoski has posted a link that shows this model is indeed DOT and Snell certified...at least in the US.

@coolthought: i must have read your original post wrongly. yup, i enjoy photography very much! as for brands...i think they are similar (nikon and canon). i used both before and liked them both very much. however, my hands and thought process suits the nikon design better (e.g. front and back dials directly opposing, focus selection arrow pointers, menu structures etc etc). that is why i went the nikon way. i selected solely based on which platform i could capture my images faster...the quality isn't an issue for my style of photography...they way surpass my capability :) so you are right that to each his own!

i see i see... the ergonomics suits you better...

I went out for a ride last night with Nabil on my Mito...and it did not go well for me. I was blogging this morning and felt compelled to take another ride...this time on my faithful TW200. Here is a report on how that ride went :)

Here's a link to the gallery if you prefer to just view the pictures :)