SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Singapore rides

oh yeah, u are changing the tank huh? giving the bike a fresh coat of paint too?

so you've been driving to camp while your bike is in the hospital?

Hell yeah.. with FC more than 3 times of my bike, I kind of miss riding although I have to wake up earlier to skip the peak hour traffic.

Anyone can ride a bike. Being a biker, is a state of mind.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi folks.

i'll be out of action for the next 2 weeks because my bike is now in the shop for minor repair and major respray. will setup another ride as soon as it is ready :)

simon.

get well soon....I mean your bike....:cheeky:

I have read your blog....good thing you are properly and fully geared for riding.

Just curious, are your fenders, fuel tank and side panel plastic? I have heard that paint on these flexible can't adhere well....might start to crack and peel after sometime.... or they have some kind of car paint that can adhere well onto these surfaces?

http://weather.nea.gov.sg/ForecastToday.aspx

get well soon....I mean your bike....:cheeky:

I have read your blog....good thing you are properly and fully geared for riding.

Just curious, are your fenders, fuel tank and side panel plastic? I have heard that paint on these flexible can't adhere well....might start to crack and peel after sometime.... or they have some kind of car paint that can adhere well onto these surfaces?

front fender is metal.

headlight cowling, side panels and rear fender is plastic. no problem with paint adhesion. of course, over time the paint will come off. but we're talking a few years if the job was done right.

anyway, if paint comes off the plastic parts, worst case is to repaint, replace, use stickers :)

http://simonnunis.smugmug.com/photos/684724736_fuDoa-M-1.jpg

Hey scubasimon, sorry to hear about what happened with your bike the other day - only got to read your blog this morning. Am hugely relieved to know that you are fine. I guess you've now received your 'initiation' into true riderhood.

Very fine photos of your car indeed - yes it had caught my eye on Friday evening when our paths crossed at Jalan Besar even before I realised that you were the driver of that spiffy set of wheels.

Well, look forward to your riding about Singapore again - oh yes & catch up with you and shunoski for the mooncake charity ride on Saturday 3 Oct - maybe even before then?! :cool:

OH NO! My bike is not ready by then! Gotta activate my car again! :faint:

haha.. we lived pretty close and with a nifty transport option, no problem with meeting up, stirring teh or kopi. Jalan Kayu is good, because it's just 400m away from my house, haha!

Anyone can ride a bike. Being a biker, is a state of mind.

Car also good - that means can carry more mooncakes :angel:

Dunno how many trips we'll need to make with only 22 volunteers to transport the 10,000 mooncakes :eek:

You are so lucky to be living near the Jalan Kayu corridor of good food :slurp:

OK, set - will catch up for some prata and kopi/teh one of these days!

Hey scubasimon, sorry to hear about what happened with your bike the other day - only got to read your blog this morning. Am hugely relieved to know that you are fine. I guess you've now received your 'initiation' into true riderhood.

Very fine photos of your car indeed - yes it had caught my eye on Friday evening when our paths crossed at Jalan Besar even before I realised that you were the driver of that spiffy set of wheels.

Well, look forward to your riding about Singapore again - oh yes & catch up with you and shunoski for the mooncake charity ride on Saturday 3 Oct - maybe even before then?! :cool:

my initiation, huh? well, i gotta say i prefer not to be inducted in that way...but heck...better that than a faster and more expensive fall :)

glad you enjoyed the pictures of my car. yeah, i saw you as i was passing that traffic light and honked :) your bike is very distinctive you see :)

yeah, will certainly be riding again before saturday....so watch for it!

ok folks...the wait is finally over as my bike is ready even as i type this. so i am gonna plan another trip very very soon. here's a chance for you to shape the next ride :)

since the next ride will probably be one on a weekday (i cannot wait till weekend lah)...let me know if you prefer late night or early morning rides.

post here, PM or SMS me before end of today (Monday) and i will put up a ride for Wednesday night/Thursday morning :)

see you soon!!

No problem, can be arrange next time. We prefer those time slots because of lesser traffic and cooler surrounding. I need a photo trip when I collect my bike too.

Understand that..... i'm actually more eager to take to bike photos...:angel:

sometimes commuting too much on a bike in rush hour traffic makes me a bit weary to ride.... maybe I need a lesser traffic ride to wear it off and find back some joy in riding. :cool:

@coolthought: i might go for another sunset ride one day this week...will post when i do.

@shunoski: you can do day ride har? if can then we do sunset one :) i wanna avoid those late morning ones already...hahaha!

sunset...where do you have in mind? Not sure if I can make it. I knock off at 6pm at woodland.

http://weather.nea.gov.sg/ForecastToday.aspx