SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[DIY] How to cosmetically modify the Phantom?

gsenomics

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a forward control??? o_O

oh forward control is where u can extend both the gear lever , foot pegs and back brake lever forward say abt three to four inches so the legs are stretched.

"Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. It doesn't mean its wrong or right."

just flip to the previous page, i believe i asked this question before too

Kmjoe- thanks :) but did u got it done ? if u did would love to see a pic of it

"Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. It doesn't mean its wrong or right."

Do update please! Am a bit tall here and forward control sounds like a winner

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

Do update please! Am a bit tall here and forward control sounds like a winner

yeah if any shop could do be really good,

forwardcontrol.jpghere is a attached sample of honda steed forward control abt SGD60.00 selling overseas.

Remember reading about some riders wanted to find riding shoes, not sure if its this thread.

so, for those who need, happened to chance across this website:

http://www.redwing.com.sg/motorcycle.html

They have motorcycle boots collection..;

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

hi bros, where is a cheap place to spray phantom? tot of getting my rims, side covers , tank and engine side tubular chrome pieces painted in black.

Kindly advise ;).

hi bros, where is a cheap place to spray phantom? tot of getting my rims, side covers , tank and engine side tubular chrome pieces painted in black.

Kindly advise ;).

lol....i just came back from paint shop, very satisfied with his proposal, confirmed spraying new paint scheme for my tank, front n rear fender......

thought of spraying the engine side casing/rims/chrome side plastic cover, but think think...leave it as it is cos very expensive, somemore have to leave the bike there for few days to 1 week for spraying.......

lol....i just came back from paint shop, very satisfied with his proposal, confirmed spraying new paint scheme for my tank, front n rear fender......

thought of spraying the engine side casing/rims/chrome side plastic cover, but think think...leave it as it is cos very expensive, somemore have to leave the bike there for few days to 1 week for spraying.......

cool bro, wat parts are u spraying and how much would it be? care to share/ ;)

This is called "anyhow add storage". I could do worse, like putting tupperware containers as tank bags hahahaha

Total damage $15 from LAB for both "fork bags". Despite the improvised (as usual) mounting they passed the "kitten standard" go highway at 120kph for 30 minutes test.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180898[/ATTACH]

I'm getting this man. thanks for sharing. i believe that there used to be other designs of this by at the shop beside lab but i dunoo where they went

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Kindly advise ;).

HLC has transparent pricing.

Quality and pricing are subjective. be sure to lay down expectations

I'm getting this man. thanks for sharing. i believe that there used to be other designs of this by at the shop beside lab but i dunoo where they went

wah Pandora's Kitten :3 the storage you introduced the quality very bad but with its pricing, Im all smiles. The securing buckles broke. So i improvised with cable ties. thanks!

I can fit my bike cover, parking coupons, insurance and a cleaning cloth in there!

Edited by Hydher

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I have 2 questions, please help me on these.

Q1) My pillion backrest cushion thread is coming off, exposing the inner cushion inside. How to sew it back? Which shop does it and how much it cost ?

Q2) I dun like panniers or carrying bags around so I only have a top box now. I want more storage. I saw a biker installed a small box in front of bike. Is this advisable if the load in the small box is light ? ( gloves, rain gear etc )

Thanks!

Come on guys... please help me on the below 2 qns. Thanks you so much !

Hi guys. I have 2 questions, please help me on these.

Q1) My pillion backrest cushion thread is coming off, exposing the inner cushion inside. How to sew it back? Which shop does it and how much it cost ?

Q2) I dun like panniers or carrying bags around so I only have a top box now. I want more storage. I saw a biker installed a small box in front of bike. Is this advisable if the load in the small box is light ? ( gloves, rain gear etc )

Thanks!

Q1) The only shop that comes to mind regarding all things seat and cushion would be Eugene's Saddlery.

I'll just leave his address here

Q2) Small box in front of bike? In front as in head light side? Or just infront of engine side.... If i'm not mistaken LTA will not allow anything in front (Headline area) of your bike. When doing my inspection a cub with a basket infront was told he could not pass. Some riders here have attached a small, water bottle size pouch just in front of the engine, near the front fork there, should be enough to stuff a rain coat top and gloves though.. The pouch pricing is $15 upwards...

I just got a phantom and what i really need now are:

1)Higher handlebar

2)More leg space

I'm thinking of going to visit some scrapyards to scrounge around for a handlebar.Anyone kind enough to give me adress of these places?So far I've read some PKs buying wide handlebars from pinkphantom and LAB but not high ones.Any idea wether they sell high handlebar?and while I'm at it anyone selling one?

For the leg room I'm considering forward control and seat modification.Bro kmjoe do you have a pic of your your modified seat?and how much u spent to mod it?