SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[DIY] How to cosmetically modify the Phantom?

gsenomics

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Peeps

Any idea i can get a budget custom paint job and filling for a small dent on the tank?

Planning to respray front and rear fenders black.

Yellowish Off-white for tank.

3 brown stripes in the mid of tank.

Brown no.8 on both sides that look like a pool ball.

i've got a quotation of $400 from my regular bike shop which i think it is abit too ex.

DIY! :):)

hard work, but sheer satisfaction afterwards.

Got bike must ride!

SYM Maxsym 400i - 09/11/12 to current

Phantom TA200 - 07/08/09 to 09/11/12

my bike done up wif LEDs n running lights..

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/205594_1876839073147_1006328471_2104420_1718345_n.jpg

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

bro, where you get the wraps from? do they have it in black?

jtzx mentioned using masking tape, surely not recommended right??

i meant for the handle bars.. pipes need use heat wrap.. im using heat wrap too...

@Shunpo I just saw your seats in your signature. how much did they cost? done at eugene?

just rewrap will cost you $32-36 depends on material.. But if u adding cusion to make it more comfortable, it will be $160++

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

i meant for the handle bars.. pipes need use heat wrap.. im using heat wrap too...

just rewrap will cost you $32-36 depends on material.. But if u adding cusion to make it more comfortable, it will be $160++

er... not so ex till 160++ ba, price wise hard for us to tell, gotta be quoted by him coz will have different amt of job done for different seats... my phantom seat cost about 120 with 2 different material and reshaping of the whole seat + comfort gel like sponge, s4 comfort seat with non slip material cost 90

er... not so ex till 160++ ba, price wise hard for us to tell, gotta be quoted by him coz will have different amt of job done for different seats... my phantom seat cost about 120 with 2 different material and reshaping of the whole seat + comfort gel like sponge, s4 comfort seat with non slip material cost 90

last time i went to rewrap. like 2mths plus ago. he said his gonna rise the price. cause inflation..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

last time i went to rewrap. like 2mths plus ago. he said his gonna rise the price. cause inflation..

i did my seat last mth nia... whose seat in pk cost 160++?? would like to see what he did :cheeky:

its near d headlight.. my LED signal lights are running lights as well.. stay on all d tym..

oh, running lights as in like pilot lights eh? lol ps, tot moving lights...

i did my seat last mth nia... whose seat in pk cost 160++?? would like to see what he did :cheeky:

he verbally quote only la.. that's why i rougly let the guy know it's around $160 max.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Any shops near Sengkang that will do a good paint job for my TA200 fuel tank for a good price.

Secondly, I wish to know if there are any problems with the annual LTA inspections if i am to change my faulty stock exhaust pipe with one which is a double exhaust pipe at Bikeworkz.

Lastly, i will like to look for a good quality 2nd hand TA200 stock exhaust pipe and sissy bar for my TA200.

Pls PM me. Thanks!

Mine was done $90. Added extra cushion for both rider and pillion area. ~

great! mind if i show your photo to eugene and ask for smth similar, cept probably either in black or purple?

btw i think i saw you pass me on kje this morning around 10am. nice bike! :)

@jtzx i wouldnt want to redo my handle bar alr. too much work to wrap the string that time!

@kmjoe i want to reshape my seat too. sitting lower, as far back as possible and adding cushion to maybe both seats like Shunpo.

Got bike must ride!

great! mind if i show your photo to eugene and ask for smth similar, cept probably either in black or purple?

btw i think i saw you pass me on kje this morning around 10am. nice bike! :)

@jtzx i wouldnt want to redo my handle bar alr. too much work to wrap the string that time!

@kmjoe i want to reshape my seat too. sitting lower, as far back as possible and adding cushion to maybe both seats like Shunpo.

Yeah. If you add cushion , the seat will be higher, but more comfortable. Initially after adding cushion, you might find not much different. But in the long run, it's way better than the stock seat.

Last time when I use the stock ones, I always get butt and back ache after long rides .

For me, I ask Eugene to add cushion at the border and extended cushion at the side (rider seat) . Pillion ones may be optional if you don't pillion alot. I did , but I never really pillion LOL!

Might convert to a single seater soon.

And ya, I saw you at KJE this morning xD

I saw this purple phantom and check the emblem.. hmm.. black in color. Must be you haha~

Adventure.

if u want to add cushion u wun be able to sit low... but my word of advice is jus go ahead with the added cushion not the lowness, my lowered + far back seat can be uncomfortable at times

i see. thanks for the advice. will keep it in mind. gonna use ah kong money to do my seats next money!

Yeah. If you add cushion , the seat will be higher, but more comfortable. Initially after adding cushion, you might find not much different. But in the long run, it's way better than the stock seat.

Last time when I use the stock ones, I always get butt and back ache after long rides .

For me, I ask Eugene to add cushion at the border and extended cushion at the side (rider seat) . Pillion ones may be optional if you don't pillion alot. I did , but I never really pillion LOL!

Might convert to a single seater soon.

And ya, I saw you at KJE this morning xD

I saw this purple phantom and check the emblem.. hmm.. black in color. Must be you haha~

I do pillion, esp my gf during the weekends. So the added pillion seat cushion will be good.

For myself, added cushion at the sides will be good. along the edges as well. And also, I ever tried on a fellow Phantom's seat. Feels like it has a small backrest for the lower back. Do you have that too? I would love that. Backaches are getting common, esp running tamp to jurong.

Got bike must ride!

damn... See ur seat, make me wanna do my seat also... How long eugene take 2fix ur seat?

Ex bikes ~ Yamaha X1, Honda Phantom TA150

Bajaj Pulsar 200 ~~~ 14/09/11 - ???

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1871/dsc0087zjc.jpg

Blue Pulsar with Orange sprocket.. Cool???

auntie shop service really bad. knn, keep pushing and then ask her to get other size she give black face. ask questions also never answer properly.

i wanted to get crashbar originally, but when i took it to try on other phantoms cause mine was still at workshop, she keep saying no need try one sure can mount one, i got pictures here. and the pictures not even clear one. bloody hell.

i do admit they got lots of variety there, but the service attitude really sucks to the core.

if you do go there to get stuff, don't bother to speak to the auntie, just get your stuff, pay up and move off. no service orientation at all.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

Yeah.

They just push you.

I went to ask to look at the crashbar, and the uncle just take out the tools all that and ask the son go fix on my bike. WTF. I got say I want already meh? See also cannot ?

Then ask to look at the mirrors. Lagi best.

While I still experimenting with the mirror, the fking uncle already take spanner and take out my stock mirror. WTF, did i give him permission to even touch my bike? If I didn't give permission, don't even touch my handlebar.

I give up that place already. I rather import, buy from LAB, DIY my own things, mustafa or what, even if kena tok, also don't want to go back to the black shop.

Adventure.

Dear Phantom brethren..

where the heck can i find spokey rims for the bike and the flat bars that fits our bracket thing???whoever can bring me there or find me a mod squad that charges reasonable price,i'll blanja him coffee and petrol..

thank yous my brethren!