SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1ders

Aie

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey any kind souls can help me with my problem, my bike keeps on and off shut off, sometimes when clutch in and sometimes when i'm opening throttle then die off, i've changed the magnetic and fuel pump but still like that isit the throttle body sensor? or anything that you guys can share with me? needs help...!

need some advice from lao jiao here.

anybody encounter so called 'engine died' when you are on the move, then you slow down, clutch in, down to lower gear on their R1?

and having abit of difficulties starting their bike?

i kena a few times on expressway when lanesplitting at low speed during heavy traffic, i have to clutch in and press start while on the move and throttle, and it is quite dangerous as the bike suddenly surge forward.

is it low idling problem? or clutch plate problem? or need a proper dyno run because i changed to aftermarket exhaust slip ons.

need help please!!

i am riding 08 r1. i heard that this is a common problem for r1 07/08 model.

only have to tightn ur R1 clutch ..

Edited by Aie

Bros, wanna advice on my prob. My bike started having prob afta 4 days did not start. Cant seem to start. Seem the batt is dead. Even after push start n let it warm up n ride a long time, the batt seem weak? Like is nt charging. Discharging. Should i chge batt or charge the bat? Or is it some otha prob. Any advice?

Just BEcause I fOllOw The speed LIMIT DoesnT mEan i am slow!!

Bros, wanna advice on my prob. My bike started having prob afta 4 days did not start. Cant seem to start. Seem the batt is dead. Even after push start n let it warm up n ride a long time, the batt seem weak? Like is nt charging. Discharging. Should i chge batt or charge the bat? Or is it some otha prob. Any advice?

change battery.

oh ic ic. shall ssurvey ard. nw charging the bike. bike is at 40 %.. tink discharging cos have left the bike without starting for 4 days.. shinko batt ard hw much? wat model? $150?where to buy? hmm

Dudes,R1 has a high rev problem. Usually its the sensor thingie. I had encounter alotta times the engine died on me but I found a solution that you have to change down your gear as quick as possible so that it won't died off. Slow changing of the gear downwards will make the engine died off. I took note that every time I speed off like a nut on the road. I had a problem engine off when I took my time changing the gear downwards. This bike is build for speed not slowing down. ;.)

So somehow,you have to noe how to play around. The mechs at the shops are prolly scaring you off saying this and that but actually they noe its the sensor thing. So just turn the key off and on it back. The EXUP system shud reset your rev back to normal. Get the R1 manual online if you dun have it.

Dudes,R1 has a high rev problem. Usually its the sensor thingie. I had encounter alotta times the engine died on me but I found a solution that you have to change down your gear as quick as possible so that it won't died off. Slow changing of the gear downwards will make the engine died off. I took note that every time I speed off like a nut on the road. I had a problem engine off when I took my time changing the gear downwards. This bike is build for speed not slowing down. ;.)

hmmm u mean its stalling prob? for me i chge gear slowly my bike neva died dwn. like normal.. not sure abt otha bros. if stalling prob its kinda prob. if not mite need to adjust the clutch? so far neva encounter engine died dwn wen chge gear sowly.. interesting prob.. noted

hmmm u mean its stalling prob? for me i chge gear slowly my bike neva died dwn. like normal.. not sure abt otha bros. if stalling prob its kinda prob. if not mite need to adjust the clutch? so far neva encounter engine died dwn wen chge gear sowly.. interesting prob.. noted

is it abt the stalling problem? then it is common and have to adjust the tps sensor. hmm i do chge my gear downwards slow but i don seem to have dat prob.. hmm. high rev? hmm interesting prob.. noted... hmmm

i encounter this when slowing down and changing to a lower gear, as in i clutch in and release slowly.

but this problem is not a frequent thing leh, once a while on off will come.

AFAM conversion kit for front and rear sprocket + DID x-ring chain + labour should not get u more than $290

thanks for the info bro, mind sharing what setting you choose? 520, 525, 530?

thanks for the info bro, mind sharing what setting you choose? 520, 525, 530?

u going for performance or?

-FuFu-Past & current rides-FuFu-

2003-2003 Honda NSR 150 SP

2004-2006 16 Tons Touring bus

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2008-2011 Yamaha YZF R1"08 model

2011-.... 1098

2007 - .... My dream bike NSR 500!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/qingfu/305144_1865766182720_1797992398_1266312_2076601502_n-1.jpg