SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1ders

Aie

Im not sure how to control the temperature thing, it kicks in after 3rd gear and sometimes kick in at 110degrees. I researched on coolant and best i heard is water wetter or Ice. I really really need help with R1 :( im really hell noob. Please advice! anything!.

Also im still looking for pillion seat 05 model if anyone know where to get or selling .. Thanks!

Try martini racing coolant and put a switch to manually on the fan?

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im not sure how to control the temperature thing, it kicks in after 3rd gear and sometimes kick in at 110degrees. I researched on coolant and best i heard is water wetter or Ice. I really really need help with R1 :( im really hell noob. Please advice! anything!.

Also im still looking for pillion seat 05 model if anyone know where to get or selling .. Thanks!

Use maxima cool-aide....use only the premixed 1 and not the concentrated kind mechanics use to mix with water. Trust me, it will make a world of difference...

Personally I tried engine ice and it's just not as good for my 04 model.

ND

Use maxima cool-aide....use only the premixed 1 and not the concentrated kind mechanics use to mix with water. Trust me, it will make a world of difference...

Personally I tried engine ice and it's just not as good for my 04 model.

the engine ice last used temp usually warm very fast while idle, when on the move it cooled down very fast. :)

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

Best combination for a cooler engine for my R1 previously was Amsoil EO with Maxima Cool-Aide. Temperature doesn't rise up as fast and stabilizes below 90 degrees while cruising...:shades:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

Thanks all for coolant part. I'm frustrated. im a kid with a R1 and i bought full cash but shop gave me a "Thrashed up bike". 3rd day i already complain magnet coil problem hard to start.. :( Any idea why the coil even has problems? cause i surveyed and people say the common problem of R1 is Coil and last i heard from a racer R1 is that his coil only went faulty after 2 years...But 3 days is -.- ...

I feel so cheated...I'm always nice but the least i expect is be treated like a human. Advice Please.. Am I allowed to force shop to do a overhaul for me? cause engine sound is very "Chor" . R1 is my dream bike :(((

Can any pro like someday do a meetup with me and see my bike and advice, I can pay abit or something :p

Thanks all for coolant part. I'm frustrated. im a kid with a R1 and i bought full cash but shop gave me a "Thrashed up bike". 3rd day i already complain magnet coil problem hard to start.. :( Any idea why the coil even has problems? cause i surveyed and people say the common problem of R1 is Coil and last i heard from a racer R1 is that his coil only went faulty after 2 years...But 3 days is -.- ...

I feel so cheated...I'm always nice but the least i expect is be treated like a human. Advice Please.. Am I allowed to force shop to do a overhaul for me? cause engine sound is very "Chor" . R1 is my dream bike :(((

Can any pro like someday do a meetup with me and see my bike and advice, I can pay abit or something :p

Hi there, sorry to hear your plight. I am no pro but I can still advise you on some little things here and there.

1) why would you want to overhaul your engine? It's normal for yamaha engines to sound rough. Unless your engine is eating engine oil bit by bit, or there are white smoke coming out from your exhaust after warming up and when your bike is moving off then you will definitely need an overhaul.

2) when getting a 2nd hand bike, luck plays the most important factor cause you wont know how the previous owner maintains his bike unless you know the owner. So with your magnet coil problem, consider yourself a bit unlucky and get it rectify so that you wont be facing that in the short future.

What say u :angel:

How rough does your engine sound? Take note that yamaha bikes are very famous for having rattling noises coming from the clutch housing...why don't you bring it down to a good workshop for a second opinion?

ND

When i start bike, i wait awhile before moving off and its jerky. The Engine sound is like sounding as if any moment it can just die as in stall or just off.

And My god, I paid tow go bike and back my place, fixed magnet problem can start but the moment I switch to gear 1 the engine dies straight away...

Just sent my mom to work this morning and engine die 5-6times in gear 1 the moment i switched to neutral at traffic junction...holy crap...I really duno where to hide my face to be sitting on that kinda bike..

Just sent back to the idiot shop again..

Is there a FB chat page for the R1ders? so prolly i can video every **** down and show u guys...

Hi there, sorry to hear your plight. I am no pro but I can still advise you on some little things here and there.

1) why would you want to overhaul your engine? It's normal for yamaha engines to sound rough. Unless your engine is eating engine oil bit by bit, or there are white smoke coming out from your exhaust after warming up and when your bike is moving off then you will definitely need an overhaul.

2) when getting a 2nd hand bike, luck plays the most important factor cause you wont know how the previous owner maintains his bike unless you know the owner. So with your magnet coil problem, consider yourself a bit unlucky and get it rectify so that you wont be facing that in the short future.

How rough does your engine sound? Take note that yamaha bikes are very famous for having rattling noises coming from the clutch housing...why don't you bring it down to a good workshop for a second opinion?

I did, to my last time usual shop, bike dynamic and they say dun wan eat my money, just go bring back shop i got it from and demand stuffs. Engine too chor they said... sound not smooth or constant.

When i start bike, i wait awhile before moving off and its jerky. The Engine sound is like sounding as if any moment it can just die as in stall or just off.

And My god, I paid tow go bike and back my place, fixed magnet problem can start but the moment I switch to gear 1 the engine dies straight away...

Just sent my mom to work this morning and engine die 5-6times in gear 1 the moment i switched to neutral at traffic junction...holy crap...I really duno where to hide my face to be sitting on that kinda bike..

Is there a FB chat page for the R1ders? so prolly i can video every **** down and show u guys...

How do you fix the magnet problem?

Without the generator/coil working the bike will use up the battery in under 10 minutes flat and the bike will not start at all.

What you have sounds like the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) issue. Google it. You will find more information and see if it relates to what you're experiencing.

Someone said Yamaha engines are not smooth? Since when?

I have owned 5 R1s and the engines have been smooth as butter.

Besides the fabled Yamatick the engine is fine. Clutch noises have nothing to do with the engine.

Trying to repair/replace the clutch plates arent going to make a difference because they will start clacking within a week.

Trying to keep the bike cool is also going to be a useless/expensive task.

The bike is not made to ride in stop go traffic at 50kmh.

Trying riding at night at 90kmh. The bike will remain in mid to low 80degrees.

Anytime the shop/mechanic says they need to change a part find out how much that part cost.

There's a few shops that sell Yamaha parts like Auto Machinery.

I have heard exorbitant prices on this forum when shops engage in their normal ****ery.

I changed the coil and rectifier as well as battery on my 04 R1 for under 500.

I changed the entire clutch on my 09 R1 for 150.

Equip yourself with the right information and youre less likely to get ****ed-over.

http://www.fb666y.com/images/web/fb666y_signature.jpg

Ride Reports, Pictures & Plenty More at www.fb666y.com

Without the generator/coil working the bike will use up the battery in under 10 minutes flat and the bike will not start at all.

What you have sounds like the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) issue. Google it. You will find more information and see if it relates to what you're experiencing.

Besides the fabled Yamatick the engine is fine. Clutch noises have nothing to do with the engine.

Trying to repair/replace the clutch plates arent going to make a difference because they will start clacking within a week.

Anytime the shop/mechanic says they need to change a part find out how much that part cost.

I have heard exorbitant prices on this forum when shops engage in their normal ****ery.

Equip yourself with the right information and youre less likely to get ****ed-over.

http://www.fb666y.com/images/web/fb666y_signature.jpg

Ride Reports, Pictures & Plenty More at www.fb666y.com

Upz for you man...you really know how to save money... :)

ND

Bro u buy second hand leh.

Maybe previous owner know coil wan spoil liao then sell

Then maybe u de suay de that took over de bike..no choice man. Wear n tear

I'm doing around 200-230km every full tank before reserve comes up. Whats the normal range??

Mine 170 reserve light on.. haha

Straight road tells between the Rich and the Poor.

Corners shows who is the man and the boy.

I'm a boy !

Thanks so far all the replies and good advices,

To be more specific about my bike "jerking" when first moving off in the morning, example, (Change gear 1, throttle abit and release clutch slowly, at this point, i wont be moving for abit but only hear the throttle making the ascending sound even with half clutch almost out already.)

After i received the "Proper" bike handing over from LTA or whatever isit, i see 4 ex owners. but bike shop tell me second hand. hais. And also i not going to say bike shop name first till after they keep their promise in helping fix all free with warranty.

Previous owner was racer, I mean im ok with that cos it looks like he took care of bike pretty well in looks and other stuffs. only problem now is my engine sound. Imagine a heart pumping and it suddenly misses a beat, thats how my engine is. Somehow i still okay with bike cos i love the arrow pipes :p ,

Can i ask laojiaos, normally what you recommend for each gear when to change?

Example gear 1, when should i change to gear 2? after hitting what speed, so as to just maintain bike health not to drag or doing too high of a gear yet little throttle and spoiling machine.

So far fan working good, 105 degree fan kick in cool to 83degrees and i just going smooth :). But the traffic is like pack daily. all car moving 20km or so. from 1 end to another ..Daily.. -.-

Can i ask whats "ride in stop go traffic at 50kmh."

And what does "Engine overhaul" actually mean? do they give u a totally new certified engine or something?

And whats "End Cans", like slip on whatever whatever thing. Mine is arrow but i saw what slip on end cans thing like look nice. Can i use those slip ons?

I'm dumb, only know how to ride, sorry all! and Thanks for keeping the good advices coming~

normally for me i change my gear from 4k to 6k rpm.

when u feel like ur dragging the gears, actually u r just letting the bike get started to run smoothly and correctly. its just that inline-4 makes u feel like u r dragging the gears but actually its not.

-FuFu-Past & current rides-FuFu-

2003-2003 Honda NSR 150 SP

2004-2006 16 Tons Touring bus

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2008-2011 Yamaha YZF R1"08 model

2011-.... 1098

2007 - .... My dream bike NSR 500!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/qingfu/305144_1865766182720_1797992398_1266312_2076601502_n-1.jpg

Then if coil spoil how? How much repair? Mine got problem changing gear to neutral. Then sometime, gear 1, although I clutch in, bike still move. Sometimes no problem. Please help
t

Coil spoil change la. Should be ur clutch plates. Get them changed

Straight road tells between the Rich and the Poor.

Corners shows who is the man and the boy.

I'm a boy !

When next R1ders meet up???:angel:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

normally for me i change my gear from 4k to 6k rpm.

when u feel like ur dragging the gears, actually u r just letting the bike get started to run smoothly and correctly. its just that inline-4 makes u feel like u r dragging the gears but actually its not.

Thanks fufu.

Can anyone help with other questions??

Can i ask whats "ride in stop go traffic at 50kmh."

And what does "Engine overhaul" actually mean? do they give u a totally new certified engine or something?

And whats "End Cans", like slip on whatever whatever thing. Mine is arrow but i saw what slip on end cans thing like look nice. Can i use those slip ons? As in already arrow but slip on cans to make it look even nicer and newer.

So far so good, my bike no more problem le yay :)) so happy i wish i could hug my bike to sleep :p

How does hydralic clutch feels like? my current clutch i pull in drag gear 1 already hand tired and shacking. Tension so much.. Can hydralic clutch make it feel like pressing a sponge o.o