SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1ders

Aie

not sure what problems for 2012 normally.. but be prepared to face them all ahaha. everypart u wan fix sure is above 100.

mine 05 model so cant help u much sorry

Haha its ok. I may buy the new 2013 r1 as it comes with akra pipe. Very tempting. :cheeky:

My Ride History:

1997 - 2003 : Yamaha SRE 100 a.k.a My First Love

2001 - 2004 : Yamaha Sports Y110SS a.k.a My First 2-Stroke Bike

2005 - 2012 : Honda Phantom TA200 a.k.a My First Cruiser Bike

2012 - 2012 : Honda CB400 Spec II a.k.a My First VTEC Love

2013 - NOW : Yamaha YZF-R1 a.k.a My First SuperBike :cool:

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys,

Did u manage to solve the heat seat issue? I browse thru sites n found out some solutions:

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318140

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300989

Its not 100% effective but at least it can minimize it.

One more thing is remove the y pipe cat n replace with aftermarket y pipe, but it would b illegal right?

My Ride History:

Hellooo... Anybody home??? :cheeky:

Guys, where should i buy the new r1? Should i just go to motor shop like bike production, looi motor etc or go to official distributor, which is hong leong? Thanks in advance guys. :)

My Ride History:

Helloooo... tis site is worse than haunted! :cry:

My Ride History:

guys, yeah the curse is still on. i still can't sleep as of now (~3am).

anyway, i'm worried about the heat seat of R1, which may affect my offspring. currently considering other bike model like cbr1000rr.

those who ride R1, any solution to prevent or minimise the heat seat effect?

No choice, dude. Since it's under seat, should get a side exhaust instead. :(

World Out there is Harsh....You Can't Handle the Truth....

Interesting to hear tat wonder who' still riding them:)

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

Guys, where should i buy the new r1? Should i just go to motor shop like bike production, looi motor etc or go to official distributor, which is hong leong? Thanks in advance guys. :)

it's entirely up to you :smile:

What say u :angel:

Well recommend to those who never owned a big bike :)

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

care to share your thinking process on the CBR and R1? Seems you're more inclined towards yamaha though :)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Foxin489130.jpg

Cbr is known for more its handling, and Honda has always been famous for its reliability. Power-wise, it's a more linear feel throughout its powerband.

Yamaha, frankly, quite well-known for being rather problematic. But it will still have its fans, because of its design and raw power once it hits the powerband. The r1 is stronger at its pickup, not very much near the top-end.

At the same time, the r1 has a better resale value as compared to the fireblade, simply because r1 has a better demand.

My advice, follow your heart. Which bike talks to you when you look at it. Which will be the bike you look forward to starting in the morning for the next few years.

Performance, handling, all this can be slowly done up to the expectation that you want, so don't worry too much about that.

Budget-wise, when we talk about 1000cc super bikes, everything is expensive. Big bikes are all about passion already. If you wanna save money, buy a kup chai like me :)

My 2 cents.

ND

care to share your thinking process on the CBR and R1? Seems you're more inclined towards yamaha though :)

current this is my personal thinking:

cbr1000rr

- practical sport bike, perfect choice to those who can think logically. based from my research, tis bike is the best sport bike category for street riding, because its power is mostly at mid range. Secondly, its known for comfortable riding position (only for asian built rider). Its spare parts are easy to find, and it's from Honda, so the quality is there.

-known problem would be eating up ur engine oil, but i dun it's not a big issue. my previous phantom oso like tat.

r1

- cross plane engine

- got traction control, extra function but not really useful for those real racer.

- quality is there, but not as good as Honda

- heavy n bulky compared to cbr1000rr, so street riding wise not as comfortable as cbr1000rr

- got heat seat issue, definitely not recommended to ride during hot afternoon traffic jam.

So, u can see cbr1000rr is actually better choice coz it's more practical to ride compared to r1.

but wait.... my heart somehow is asking me to choose r1. why?

- the looks..... r1 really win in tis category. it looks fierce, underseat exhaust etc. i got ask my gf what she thought about r1 n cbr looks. she said r1 really looks fierce n cool, while cbr looks like a cartoon character (front view) but overall still acceptable (yr 2012 on wards only).

- engine sound, crossplank engine wins hand down

- r1 is my long dream bike, it gav me d motivation to pass till class 2 licence (which i did)

So, i guess i will follow my heart... duperman is right. if we want practical bike, might as well i buy street bike, fz1n, fz1s etc. i dun mind d heat anymore, worst case i still hav enough budget to buy ice packs for my offspring, in case the heat is unbearable.

i wan to experience an r1 before i get old. so, yeah... r1 for me pls. :cheers:

My Ride History:

Cbr is known for more its handling, and Honda has always been famous for its reliability. Power-wise, it's a more linear feel throughout its powerband.

Yamaha, frankly, quite well-known for being rather problematic. But it will still have its fans, because of its design and raw power once it hits the powerband. The r1 is stronger at its pickup, not very much near the top-end.

At the same time, the r1 has a better resale value as compared to the fireblade, simply because r1 has a better demand.

My advice, follow your heart. Which bike talks to you when you look at it. Which will be the bike you look forward to starting in the morning for the next few years.

Performance, handling, all this can be slowly done up to the expectation that you want, so don't worry too much about that.

Budget-wise, when we talk about 1000cc super bikes, everything is expensive. Big bikes are all about passion already. If you wanna save money, buy a kup chai like me :)

My 2 cents.

Have been riding Yamaha for my first bike and really did come across quite some problem (production flaw in rod causing my bearing to burst (front wheel), fuel pump spoil, speed sensor fault) and also a couple more case on shattered piston on a R1 right into 500km and a disconnected gear shifter rod on a FZ1. Been ever wondering if any faith was to be place in the "R" bigger bike division. (after all most of the R&D are on R1, R6)

But I wouldn't mind seeing what I can get out of R1.

I'm looking for a 2nd bike that I can go up north with and also a little weekend/ past time riding in SG :):)

Just wanna heard from you people here, make love.. not enemy and also if there's any R1 that is worthy to look out for in terms of a certain year that the R1 model is good to do what I need it to do.

Generally I agree.. 400cc and above is no longer a practical thing. I see it as a hobby and have no complaint spending on them. :D

current this is my personal thinking:

cbr1000rr

- practical sport bike, perfect choice to those who can think logically. based from my research, tis bike is the best sport bike category for street riding, because its power is mostly at mid range. Secondly, its known for comfortable riding position (only for asian built rider). Its spare parts are easy to find, and it's from Honda, so the quality is there.

-known problem would be eating up ur engine oil, but i dun it's not a big issue. my previous phantom oso like tat.

r1

- cross plane engine

- got traction control, extra function but not really useful for those real racer.

- quality is there, but not as good as Honda

- heavy n bulky compared to cbr1000rr, so street riding wise not as comfortable as cbr1000rr

- got heat seat issue, definitely not recommended to ride during hot afternoon traffic jam.

So, u can see cbr1000rr is actually better choice coz it's more practical to ride compared to r1.

but wait.... my heart somehow is asking me to choose r1. why?

- the looks..... r1 really win in tis category. it looks fierce, underseat exhaust etc. i got ask my gf what she thought about r1 n cbr looks. she said r1 really looks fierce n cool, while cbr looks like a cartoon character (front view) but overall still acceptable (yr 2012 on wards only).

- engine sound, crossplank engine wins hand down

- r1 is my long dream bike, it gav me d motivation to pass till class 2 licence (which i did)

So, i guess i will follow my heart... duperman is right. if we want practical bike, might as well i buy street bike, fz1n, fz1s etc. i dun mind d heat anymore, worst case i still hav enough budget to buy ice packs for my offspring, in case the heat is unbearable.

i wan to experience an r1 before i get old. so, yeah... r1 for me pls. :cheers:

The eating EO thing is shocking man? Means you're also losing your spark plug too!

I suppose that if your change the front sprocket a little (from what I gathered, change to 16T) would help to make the bike more friendly on SG road also also making the power more manageable to move around during traffic condition, city riding without shifting too much gear.

I agree the cross-plane is really good and it gives a very good sound. Whats more a new after market pipe is given to every new purchase?

Trying to work out between these 2 too. But I guess at the end of the day "resale" value is not one of the factor I wanna consider ba. Since every bike that exits the front door of the mototiam will subject to quite a substantial fall in value :p

However, thanks for the write up, will keep it in mind.

The eating EO thing is shocking man? Means you're also losing your spark plug too!

I suppose that if your change the front sprocket a little (from what I gathered, change to 16T) would help to make the bike more friendly on SG road also also making the power more manageable to move around during traffic condition, city riding without shifting too much gear.

I agree the cross-plane is really good and it gives a very good sound. Whats more a new after market pipe is given to every new purchase?

Trying to work out between these 2 too. But I guess at the end of the day "resale" value is not one of the factor I wanna consider ba. Since every bike that exits the front door of the mototiam will subject to quite a substantial fall in value :p

However, thanks for the write up, will keep it in mind.

haha, ya tats wat i read about cbr engine eating up eo. not sure about year 2012 onwards model, but should b d same since engine got no changes.

yep it's very difficult to resist r1 with fierce look n nice engine sound. i know its built quality may not as good as Honda, but i believe if buy the 2013 model should b ok, since yamaha never change anything (only new colour) from year 2012. so i assume tis model version should b very stable oledi... :cheeky:

My Ride History:

haha, ya tats wat i read about cbr engine eating up eo. not sure about year 2012 onwards model, but should b d same since engine got no changes.

yep it's very difficult to resist r1 with fierce look n nice engine sound. i know its built quality may not as good as Honda, but i believe if buy the 2013 model should b ok, since yamaha never change anything (only new colour) from year 2012. so i assume tis model version should b very stable oledi... :cheeky:

Yay, couldnt gather any solid technical data about the 2011 to 2013 model. (And I'm not even sure the one I saw at looi's is '12 or '13) Maybe some bro's here can enlighten a little?

Yay, couldnt gather any solid technical data about the 2011 to 2013 model. (And I'm not even sure the one I saw at looi's is '12 or '13) Maybe some bro's here can enlighten a little?

2012 model onwards got traction control n ring headlight.... i didn't see any R1 at looi's today. they promote more on cbr1000rr. Haha. :cheeky:

My Ride History:

R1 bros,

Can recommend me which shop to buy R1? Now I have 2 shops in my mind, which are Hong Leong and GP lavender. I know Hong Leong would be safer but also more expensive. Anyone bought R1 from GP? I know it's a new shop, so any review of this shop yet?

Cheers bro :cheers:

My Ride History:

Guys need yr advise on which is a good place to go to for upgrades and servicing for our R1.I understand that there are lots of stuff that can be done on our rides but equally important is a safe and good pair of hands working on it.

get from agent seems bette.

for workshops really depends on preference. tbh all shops are carrot choppers. if u dont mind. u can go planet motors / bike werks to get chopped

-FuFu-Past & current rides-FuFu-

2003-2003 Honda NSR 150 SP

2004-2006 16 Tons Touring bus

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2008-2011 Yamaha YZF R1"08 model

2011-.... 1098

2007 - .... My dream bike NSR 500!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/qingfu/305144_1865766182720_1797992398_1266312_2076601502_n-1.jpg