SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha TDM 900

comics00

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AJ..

• kmax

• vtr firestorm

• Paikia44

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Difference is that the bike shop is able to provide loan... You can't... And bikeshop wun extend a loan for your bike because they dun earn anythiong from it except for interest.

em, shall i provide loan then? become loan shark ?

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

u mean makan one side ? :cheeky:

Yamaha TZM150 come as standard, the cheapest we can get :p

Yup, most of us have this issue... Makan on the exterior side...

Ohhh, dual piston ???... Can it fit onto our monster ???

Good part time business...

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/glennkoh/TDM900/TDM.jpg

Bro is that your bike with the mod LED ??? OMG, you blind out all the fellow infront... Imagine one second got light, the other seconds no light...

UPs for your super bright LED headlight !!!

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/glennkoh/TDM900/TDM.jpg

Sounds interesting... Can work out the details Bro ?

This can work only if the principal sum is high but not too high that you would not be able to secure the loan from your available credit limit. And you need to do the calculation based on the interest charged by the bikeshop vis-a-vis this "trick". And I cannot stress enough that this requires alot of discipline and planning. And it is also very dependent on the credit card issuers' promotion on this personal loan. Sometimes the promo isn't very attractive... sometimes there isnt any 0% transfer promo but nonetheless the normal interest rates are usually 3% for 6months tenure, 6% for 9months and might go up to 9% for 12 months tenure. While it doesnt make sense for most to opt for the 12 months one since the interest is higher, one needs to know that you have to calculate your principal and compare with the new principal upon the 12months period.

I provide a simple example below:

Loan Principal = $10,000

Tenure = 3 years

Bike shop loan 7%pa interest= $700pa x 3yrs = $2100.

Monthly installment= $337

End of loan you have paid = $12,100.

SIMPLE Example of Personal Loan based on 9% pa. (*do note this is simple calculation, the actual is more complicated)

1st year 9%pa (12months tenure) on $10,000 = $900.

Monthly put as same as bikeshop as example = $337

Balance after 1st yr= $6,856

2nd year 9%pa (12months tenure) on $6,856 = $617.04

Monthly continue to be same as bikeshop as example = $337

Balance after 2nd year = $3,429.04

3rd year 9%pa (12months tenure) on $3.429.04= $308.61

You will have a a outstanding balance of $3737.65 which if you continue to pay $337 per month, you will be able to redemn your loan same at end of 12th month but last payment is $30.65.

Total interest paid is= S$1,825.65

The above example was based on 12months personal loan on a 9% pa interest. I ever did a calculation and actually you will save more if you go for the lower interest but shorter tenure. And the best would be those 0% loan with 2.5% admin charge and the tenure can be anything from 6months to 12months.

Compared to bikeshop same loan tenure period, you save $274.35. Worth the effort? You be the judge. But one tangible benefit of this is that you technically own the bike and not the bikeshop. And freedom to choose your insurance coverage based on your own perference. We all know the price diff between com 1P, 3p\P F&T, and 3P can be huge in comparison to the bike price.

#ShutUp_and_Ride

This can work only if the principal sum is high but not too high that you would not be able to secure the loan from your available credit limit. And you need to do the calculation based on the interest charged by the bikeshop vis-a-vis this "trick". And I cannot stress enough that this requires alot of discipline and planning. And it is also very dependent on the credit card issuers' promotion on this personal loan. Sometimes the promo isn't very attractive... sometimes there isnt any 0% transfer promo but nonetheless the normal interest rates are usually 3% for 6months tenure, 6% for 9months and might go up to 9% for 12 months tenure. While it doesnt make sense for most to opt for the 12 months one since the interest is higher, one needs to know that you have to calculate your principal and compare with the new principal upon the 12months period.

I provide a simple example below:

Loan Principal = $10,000

Tenure = 3 years

Bike shop loan 7%pa interest= $700pa x 3yrs = $2100.

Monthly installment= $337

End of loan you have paid = $12,100.

SIMPLE Example of Personal Loan based on 9% pa. (*do note this is simple calculation, the actual is more complicated)

1st year 9%pa (12months tenure) on $10,000 = $900.

Monthly put as same as bikeshop as example = $337

Balance after 1st yr= $6,856

2nd year 9%pa (12months tenure) on $6,856 = $617.04

Monthly continue to be same as bikeshop as example = $337

Balance after 2nd year = $3,429.04

3rd year 9%pa (12months tenure) on $3.429.04= $308.61

You will have a a outstanding balance of $3737.65 which if you continue to pay $337 per month, you will be able to redemn your loan same at end of 12th month but last payment is $30.65.

Total interest paid is= S$1,825.65

The above example was based on 12months personal loan on a 9% pa interest. I ever did a calculation and actually you will save more if you go for the lower interest but shorter tenure. And the best would be those 0% loan with 2.5% admin charge and the tenure can be anything from 6months to 12months.

Compared to bikeshop same loan tenure period, you save $274.35. Worth the effort? You be the judge. But one tangible benefit of this is that you technically own the bike and not the bikeshop. And freedom to choose your insurance coverage based on your own perference. We all know the price diff between com 1P, 3p\P F&T, and 3P can be huge in comparison to the bike price.

No early repayment fee.. hahaha.. Good idea but sibei tough to implement... SO much hassle.. But non the less. Good idea.

No early repayment fee.. hahaha.. Good idea but sibei tough to implement... SO much hassle.. But non the less. Good idea.

Ya... Bikeshops impose so many restrictions and unless those who would ride the bike long enough to complete the loan tenure, or don't have time to do the 'loan kiting', then don't bother. Which is also why after I did so much 'homework', end of the day I didn't do it. But it'll surely save the buyer quite alot if the loans are based on 0% interest with a low admin charge. Some even admin charges as low as 2% which is $200 for a $10K principal.

#ShutUp_and_Ride

Letting my much appreciated TDM go. Details are:

FBE5145H TDM900 Black 2008 model.

Reg 9/5/2008, Road tax till 8/11/2011, Mileage 32,600km

Comes with:

-SW motech TRAX aluminium side box black

-SW motech crash bar

-Yamaha mainstand

-Hepco top rack for top box

-Eagle high touring screen

-MRA vario touring screen

-Bagster tank bra with tank bag

-Headlight protector

-Brand new original Yamaha parts include: 2 oil filters, 2 spark plugs, 2 pairs front brake pads, brake lever, clutch lever, clutch cable

-3 original bike keys, 4 box keys, 2 anti theft rack keys.

-Owner manual, repair manual, spare parts manual

-All original stuff and screws will be given to new owner.

Bike is in great condition and has been maintained religiously. Selling for $15,000 with all included.

PM me or SMS at 91893589.

Letting my much appreciated TDM go. Details are:

FBE5145H TDM900 Black 2008 model.

Reg 9/5/2008, Road tax till 8/11/2011, Mileage 32,600km

Comes with:

-SW motech TRAX aluminium side box black

-SW motech crash bar

-Yamaha mainstand

-Hepco top rack for top box

-Eagle high touring screen

-MRA vario touring screen

-Bagster tank bra with tank bag

-Headlight protector

-Brand new original Yamaha parts include: 2 oil filters, 2 spark plugs, 2 pairs front brake pads, brake lever, clutch lever, clutch cable

-3 original bike keys, 4 box keys, 2 anti theft rack keys.

-Owner manual, repair manual, spare parts manual

-All original stuff and screws will be given to new owner.

Bike is in great condition and has been maintained religiously. Selling for $15,000 with all included.

PM me or SMS at 91893589.

good price... sounds like Jason's ex bike... good buy.

http://images.esthermygs.multiply.com/image/2/photos/37/600x600/1/050620105360.jpg?et=OGg7kH8iWmD5JdFmS88bng&nmid=341230876

another TDM for sale here..

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/327671-FS-Nov-06-TDM900

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=210911&d=1310487564

Selling the above

Make: Yamaha

Model : TDM900

Year: 2006 Nov

Ownership: first OWNER

Color: Full Black

Mileage: 74k

Price: $13k....

Accessories:

1. H&B crashbar

2. H&B rear carrier rack

3. Yamaha Original mainstand

4. Remus End Car

5. Side stand extender

6. front fender extender

7. AT handlerbar & BMW hand grip

8. Barkbaster Handguard

9. Eagle screen

10. Bagster tankbra

11. scottoiler

12. Voltmeter

Interested buyer contact me @ 97968653

Low Baller Pls keep comment to urself

Pic will be up soon

To all... viewing is only at Tampines ave 7 ESSO

Hello my friends after a long time...

our 2nd baby son was born before 15 days, so the last 2 months we were making preparations

I hope you are all fine

Hi Thrakiotis,

congratulations... have fun with 2 babies and parallel twin machine.

my baby is now 4 months old...

197730_2271860833689_1163693440_32814762_1130154_n.jpg

Gilbert just sold his 850 for 5k, under value i suppose..

thanks kmax. so wat is the ideal price for a stock 850 to be sold?

Date of No. Plate Registered

AT *8* K - 28/04/1977

FU *8* D - 16/10/2001

FY *6* K - 31/05/2004

FZ 202 B - 12/03/2005, Sold $1000 - 10/05/2014

Most of us find the stock handle bar too short like olden day LC Kia... Most change to wider bar like AT, Rental or Fat bar...

If you change to S4 bar, it might be too low, you need to bend forward more as TDM stock bend is much more higher ...

Hullo Newbie87 . . .

I must agree wif Heaven51 dat e stock bars are shorter in length . But if u into speed n wanna ride beyond 175 km/h ( which I strongly don't encourage î„… ) , e AT bars sucks . It will make ur handle wobble . I change my bars back to stock n add risers to increase e height .

Just sharing my personal experience .

Fully agreed ! For high speed stock would be a better choice...

Thomas also did the same thing, tried AT bar but swap back to original with an 2" Rox riser !

As for myself, seldom go high speed, mostly city ride. For comfort and control I'm on 3" Rox riser with Protaper Fatbar...

Noted !:) Thanks heaven51 & MAC77 for the advice. will add riser soon.

Date of No. Plate Registered

AT *8* K - 28/04/1977

FU *8* D - 16/10/2001

FY *6* K - 31/05/2004

FZ 202 B - 12/03/2005, Sold $1000 - 10/05/2014