Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

maxbg

I'm just back from Cambodia,The ride with S10 feel confident on all terrain.particularly

way back from Phnom Penh to sisophon via route 5. Basically the road in cambodia not as good as in THAILAND..uneven paved and more narrower,riding in city is like hell,nobody doesn't care on traffic light nor junction... due to lack of leave unable to spend more days there to further venture on north area(kratie)

Happy Riding

• Replies 3.4k

I'm just back from Cambodia,The ride with S10 feel confident on all terrain.particularly

way back from Phnom Penh to sisophon via route 5. Basically the road in cambodia not as good as in THAILAND..uneven paved and more narrower,riding in city is like hell,nobody doesn't care on traffic light nor junction... due to lack of leave unable to spend more days there to further venture on north area(kratie)

Happy Riding

pics plzzz :D

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

Nice pictures! First Super Tenere in the Cambodian Kingdom.:thumb: Hope you were not stuck to buy insurance coming back from Cambodia to Thailand. I was forced to buy it and stucked for 3-4hrs there in 2009.

they need the insurance to issue bike import/export document,mine's bought earlier at malaysia before entering south thailand.

took half an hour to clear both custom...

hi guys i jus got myself a 660tx... cant afford a S10 so i guess a S10jr is good enuf for now.

Don't tell me U miss me...causeIknowUdo! :eek:

previous rides-KTM125EGS/DT200R/DRZ400E&sm/CBR400RRR/KTM200EXC/CB400Vtec/DT200WR/YZ125/Hornet 250/NissanEXsaloon/ToyotaAltis/RXZ135/CBR600RR/DRZ400E/cbr1000r05/xt660x/StreamXstyle/Ford focus

current ride -DR650se/BMWg650gs

they need the insurance to issue bike import/export document,mine's bought earlier at malaysia before entering south thailand.

took half an hour to clear both custom...

Hi ramen, great ur enjoying ur new beast man. How are u bro?

It must be 1 hell of a ride to Cambodia. Btw from the pics i saw a white STX following u right..

Does he have any trouble riding there with u, i mean wif all the unpaved and uneven roads?... I really want to ride up there with my FJR but i scared the bike can't take it UNTIL i saw the STX here.

Planning maybe before end of the year lah, must save BIG2 money first..

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens5271672module39663012photo_12448116942008-BMW-R1200GS-Adventureb-small.jpg

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

It must be 1 hell of a ride to Cambodia. Btw from the pics i saw a white STX following u right..

Does he have any trouble riding there with u, i mean wif all the unpaved and uneven roads?... I really want to ride up there with my FJR but i scared the bike can't take it UNTIL i saw the STX here.

I will follow u insyallah......................

superb lah.. with what eh? Dun tell me green monster or wings?

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens5271672module39663012photo_12448116942008-BMW-R1200GS-Adventureb-small.jpg

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

Hi Kazky,

You don't have to worry on road condition in Cambodia,Throughout the journey all the road well paved,Take note on route 5 from Phnom Penh to Pursat,The road is uneven for 20-30 km stretch,but able to ride with any bike.Road construction in progress in that particular area,probably by end of year should thoroughly complete.

Total spending including train charges hatyai-bangkok(one way only) close to 1.1k SGD.its worth the money as discover 3 country in 9 days.wish to spend more days and venture on northen part but couldn't do it as lack of leave.

Happy Riding.

Hi Kazky,

You don't have to worry on road condition in Cambodia,Throughout the journey all the road well paved,Take note on route 5 from Phnom Penh to Pursat,The road is uneven for 20-30 km stretch,but able to ride with any bike.Road construction in progress in that particular area,probably by end of year should thoroughly complete.

Total spending including train charges hatyai-bangkok(one way only) close to 1.1k SGD.its worth the money as discover 3 country in 9 days.wish to spend more days and venture on northen part but couldn't do it as lack of leave.

Happy Riding.

So u only took 9 days in total? The train ride from hatyai to bangkok how was it with the bike? From what i heard b4, they literally carry ur bike up the cargo manually..

I was actually thinking ard 12-14 days to and fro.. Is the train recommended in order to save time? The traffic in bkk is a killer though. So u spend sgd 1.1k in total for the whole trip incld makan, petrol and lodging?

Sorry me asking alot of qns.. Really need all the help i can get..

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

might be with this blue beauty insyallah..... @ 1.1k tats realy afordable bro

Eh change taste again... Power, u get urs WE RIDE!! But teneres are super fierce adventure ride man, mine just a small quack beside yours hehe..

Well yeah $1.1k is indeed ok. But 9 days to me abit rush lah, u know lah i like to see2 look2 around. But i will take this amount as a slight gauge though cos no harm saving up abit more to enjoy more. And of cos if any squabbles along the way *touch wood*

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

So u only took 9 days in total? The train ride from hatyai to bangkok how was it with the bike? From what i heard b4, they literally carry ur bike up the cargo manually..

I was actually thinking ard 12-14 days to and fro.. Is the train recommended in order to save time? The traffic in bkk is a killer though. So u spend sgd 1.1k in total for the whole trip incld makan, petrol and lodging?

Sorry me asking alot of qns.. Really need all the help i can get..

The reason we took train basically to save time,if u decide to ride all the way from hatyai, Probably need to spend 1 night somewhere at huahin after 8-9hrs riding at 120km/h average speed.Train is very convenience, although you need spend 2500baht for both ppl and bike,u save on lodging,petrol and preserve some energy.

I couldn't get chance to see how the staff there load and unload the bike.upon receiving nothing damage and intact.From the train station head towards sukhumvit road and route 34 which will lead u to chachoengsao,from here onwards shouldn't be a issue to cambodia..1.1k include everything with moderate spending.lodging base on twin sharing..14 days is ample of time to visit cambodia,maybe i can suggest to ride up to laos as well,

G450X aka barn spend 18days and discover cambodia,laos and northern thailand including MHS.

Happy riding.

Eh change taste again... Power, u get urs WE RIDE!! But teneres are super fierce adventure ride man, mine just a small quack beside yours hehe..

Well yeah $1.1k is indeed ok. But 9 days to me abit rush lah, u know lah i like to see2 look2 around. But i will take this amount as a slight gauge though cos no harm saving up abit more to enjoy more. And of cos if any squabbles along the way *touch wood*

stop your HUMBLE sh** bro lets ride once mine is out....

Taking train is recommended for time saving. But sometimes the train will be delayed. I took once and arrived Bkk at 1130hrs. Also take note of the extra Baht the Thais ask you to pay at the Hatyai train station. Paying tips to carry the bike is okay but I will not take it if I have time or if I am alone.

Hey guys, recently I had went down to loois motor and saw the tenere physically. I sat on it and immediately fell in

love with the bike. Can you guys give some good and bad review of the bike and maybe also the fuel consumption?

Actually it's been years i've been wanting to ride an adventure, which is the GS1200 Adventure. The only thing which

has been holding me back is the price. Before I physically see the Tenere, I've already had made up my mind on the

Hypermotard, which is more practical for me to ride on our road as Im quite tied up with work for an touring.

After I saw the tenere I felt delima about both bike. Maybe you guys here can tell me what is the bike all about.

Anyway Loois motor is selling at 35k OTR with side panniers, headlight protector and maybe other stuff which im

unaware. Is there any other shop is giving better deals? Thanks in advance.

The reason we took train basically to save time,if u decide to ride all the way from hatyai, Probably need to spend 1 night somewhere at huahin after 8-9hrs riding at 120km/h average speed.Train is very convenience, although you need spend 2500baht for both ppl and bike,u save on lodging,petrol and preserve some energy.

I couldn't get chance to see how the staff there load and unload the bike.upon receiving nothing damage and intact.From the train station head towards sukhumvit road and route 34 which will lead u to chachoengsao,from here onwards shouldn't be a issue to cambodia..1.1k include everything with moderate spending.lodging base on twin sharing..14 days is ample of time to visit cambodia,maybe i can suggest to ride up to laos as well,

G450X aka barn spend 18days and discover cambodia,laos and northern thailand including MHS.

Happy riding.

That was some good info bro thanks alot.. So 2500baht for both person and bike. Do u board the train upon seeing the bike go up the cargo or do u just leave the thai guys do their work?

In hatyai, chacheongsang is the name of the train station or the name of the street? I havent got time to do some research due to work but will do so soon.

Where is ur stop when taking the train? And u mention earlier u took the train one way, which means u rode down all the way back to hatyai from cambodia am i right?

Also, all the insurance to cambodia can be done in msia customs u said? Where is it exactly and how much? For thai insurance will still be in hatyai i assume?

Oh and is it preferred to pay ur stuff in thailand and cambodia by credit card to prevent any loss of cash or do u think otherwise?

Yeap, so another long qns for ya.. Noobie lah bro.

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

stop your HUMBLE sh** bro lets ride once mine is out....

Sure confirm ah.. So are u saying u already drop IC? So which is it XT660 or the 1200?

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

Hey guys, recently I had went down to loois motor and saw the tenere physically. I sat on it and immediately fell in

love with the bike. Can you guys give some good and bad review of the bike and maybe also the fuel consumption?

Actually it's been years i've been wanting to ride an adventure, which is the GS1200 Adventure. The only thing which

has been holding me back is the price. Before I physically see the Tenere, I've already had made up my mind on the

Hypermotard, which is more practical for me to ride on our road as Im quite tied up with work for an touring.

After I saw the tenere I felt delima about both bike. Maybe you guys here can tell me what is the bike all about.

Anyway Loois motor is selling at 35k OTR with side panniers, headlight protector and maybe other stuff which im

unaware. Is there any other shop is giving better deals? Thanks in advance.

hi there bro; juz wondering u got ask UNCLE if it's Hong Leong's or PI, cos AS - - - - - quoted me bout s$30 200 machine price base on most recent COE w/o any accessories.

Im not too sure about that. Is there any different? Im new to this, can you highlight me about bikes from PI and HL? Any review about this bike on our local road?

That was some good info bro thanks alot.. So 2500baht for both person and bike. Do u board the train upon seeing the bike go up the cargo or do u just leave the thai guys do their work?

In hatyai, chacheongsang is the name of the train station or the name of the street? I havent got time to do some research due to work but will do so soon.

Where is ur stop when taking the train? And u mention earlier u took the train one way, which means u rode down all the way back to hatyai from cambodia am i right?

Also, all the insurance to cambodia can be done in msia customs u said? Where is it exactly and how much? For thai insurance will still be in hatyai i assume?

Oh and is it preferred to pay ur stuff in thailand and cambodia by credit card to prevent any loss of cash or do u think otherwise?

Yeap, so another long qns for ya.. Noobie lah bro.

Bro,once we arrived at hatyai train station at 2pm,the whole bike just handover to them,just get what we need to look out for cheap hotel to refresh ourself,thereafter head to train station at 6pm and board in at 06:30pm.next morning at 10am reached bangkok central station Hua Lamphong.from there ride towards route 34 and exited at road to chachoengsao town and then exit Sakeo towards aranyaprathet(thai border)

I don't think so there is BIKE insurance to ride in Cambodia,we just bought thai insurance for 9 days at gurun R&R.in cambodia you just need to get letter to import/export bike.