SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah pek eveyr morning I start my bike. Got some knocking sound. Why ah. After warm up no more sound

Cannot tell by ur discription leh..drop by Ah Fook workshop and asked him what he thinks.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Ah pek eveyr morning I start my bike. Got some knocking sound. Why ah. After warm up no more sound

does the knocking exist when u clutch in (when bike haven fully warm up yet).. then u let go clutch the sound comes back again?

WTS givi e16 smile box, with led @$20

interested party , do PM me..

does the knocking exist when u clutch in (when bike haven fully warm up yet).. then u let go clutch the sound comes back again?

only will have the sound in thee morning . when the engine is very cold . than can heard metal and metal knocking sound . been like this since i ride the bike . quite curious why like that. when i clutch in or never clutch in is the same

only will have the sound in thee morning . when the engine is very cold . than can heard metal and metal knocking sound . been like this since i ride the bike . quite curious why like that. when i clutch in or never clutch in is the same

oh.. different from mine.. everything u said is similar to mine other than the part when clutching in... urs got knocking sound, like a ducati ?? just joking ..

ur still can go bikeshop ask for advise... mine is i ride there liao, sound gone -_-...cos warm up liao...

its the shim... normally its normal when u hear that when eng is cold. cos the eo haven go up to the valve to lub that area so u hear that sound. if the sound still comes on after eng is hot, then shim has worn off. time to do top block overhaul to replace the shim. but mech told me its not dangerous to ride so really not worth to open up the eng just to change that small part.

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

its the shim... normally its normal when u hear that when eng is cold. cos the eo haven go up to the valve to lub that area so u hear that sound. if the sound still comes on after eng is hot, then shim has worn off. time to do top block overhaul to replace the shim. but mech told me its not dangerous to ride so really not worth to open up the eng just to change that small part.

oic . k k k . once engine warm up dont have the metal knocking sound . only happen in the morning .

oh.. different from mine.. everything u said is similar to mine other than the part when clutching in... urs got knocking sound, like a ducati ?? just joking ..

ur still can go bikeshop ask for advise... mine is i ride there liao, sound gone -_-...cos warm up liao...

btw i just check when i clutch in dont have the sound .

how i wish my super 4 sound like ducati , haha ducati have sound due to dry clutch right ?

Edited by sihan0110

anyone has got this problem

after your engine is warmed up for half an hour ride or so

you stopped at a traffic light for a min or so

you want to move off, you release the clutch to find the biting point & turn the same amount of throttle, just when you started riding for the day.

bike totally no power to move off, have to turn the throttle so much more before it moves off

the only way to overcome this problem is to blip the throttle before you move off

this happens only at random interval and not always.

can anyone who has this problem now or before advice?

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

I tink should be the carburetor. Need some tuning Liao...

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

its only when moving off from idle @ traffic light.

when I have some speed be it 5 or 10 km/h or in the midst of changing gears etc, all got no problem

and sometimes before moving off from idle, when i blip the throttle the rev'd go down like 0.3 - 0.5 k, sounds as though engine is about to stall but it never stall though.

Regards,

kifakw

btw i just check when i clutch in dont have the sound .

how i wish my super 4 sound like ducati , haha ducati have sound due to dry clutch right ?

oh.. then i think u have the same prob wif me liao... hmm ducati dry clutch ah, im not pro in this..sorry =p ..LOL.. since when u have this prob?? too bad tt time i bought my bike, the seller just rode, so the engine is warm up...didnt notice the sound.... i have been living wif it for 1yr liao..LOL.. one thing i used to do is to clutch in when warm up...lol

anyone has got this problem

after your engine is warmed up for half an hour ride or so

you stopped at a traffic light for a min or so

you want to move off, you release the clutch to find the biting point & turn the same amount of throttle, just when you started riding for the day.

bike totally no power to move off, have to turn the throttle so much more before it moves off

the only way to overcome this problem is to blip the throttle before you move off

this happens only at random interval and not always.

can anyone who has this problem now or before advice?

What model version is ur S4? This could be due to intermittent electrical problem.

ah pek, it's a parallel imported ver s from the JDM market with vtec frame if i am not wrong

looks like a vtec but got no vtec and its a version s

Vehicle Make: HONDA

Vehicle Model: CB400SFYJ

Chassis No.: NC391800686

Engine No.: NC23E2800690

Regards,

kifakw

ah pek, it's a parallel imported ver s from the JDM market with vtec frame if i am not wrong

looks like a vtec but got no vtec and its a version s

Vehicle Make: HONDA

Vehicle Model: CB400SFYJ

Chassis No.: NC391800686

Engine No.: NC23E2800690

What about the meter type?...is it like those Vtec 1 ones? If not or neither..their are electronic board circuitory inside that cost such behaviour. This is base on past cases of others having such weird problem. Sometime its the supply line to the circuit board that is giving the problem as they copper wire corrodes over period of time. In short..its a pain in the neck thingy when comes to trouble shooting.

http://images.idealhere.com/AM05-06-0011/001.jpg

it is something like that, just that the fuel meter is not in the middle instead it's at the bottom left of the tachometer

and the words of the digits are not orange in color but white in color instead

other than that, its the meter i'm having right now

so the process to troubleshooting the sudden loss of power is damn long, cruelsome and difficult?

sometimes when i squeeze to the front of the stop line, i am about to move off but totally not moving off due to the loss of power. if i'm the driver, i'll be thinking "squeeze all the way to the front but yet you move off like a tortoise" giving riders a bad name.

Regards,

kifakw

http://images.idealhere.com/AM05-06-0011/001.jpg

it is something like that, just that the fuel meter is not in the middle instead it's at the bottom left of the tachometer

and the words of the digits are not orange in color but white in color instead

other than that, its the meter i'm having right now

so the process to troubleshooting the sudden loss of power is damn long, cruelsome and difficult?

This is a version "S" meter.."white"?...never heard of leh. May be take a pic and show us.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w274/kifakw/2010-07-05_20-36-03_431.jpg

my meter is as above

damn sian loh everytime want to move off totally no torque to move off at all

this problem just keep coming back at random intervals

Regards,

kifakw

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w274/kifakw/2010-07-05_20-36-03_431.jpg

my meter is as above

damn sian loh everytime want to move off totally no torque to move off at all

this problem just keep coming back at random intervals

Oh ****...this is a version "R" meter. Disassemblr the meter casing behind and check for loose connection and also the two connector inide your headlamp. See if anything unusally. Disconnect the connectors there and see if there is water in it.

i did disassemble my meter casing to fix the LED due to poor workmanship.

but headlamp i didn't disassemble it before though.

will ah fook be able to check out the connectors etc for me ah pek?

what time are they opened till daily?

Regards,

kifakw

i did disassemble my meter casing to fix the LED due to poor workmanship.

but headlamp i didn't disassemble it before though.

will ah fook be able to check out the connectors etc for me ah pek?

what time are they opened till daily?

No lah..don't asked him to do that..may incurred cost due to tedious troubleshooting. what u can do is to tell him about ur bike behaviour and see what he say. After that..visit a few more bike shop and see what the rest say.

However I suggest you just open up ur headlamp and look for the two connector from the meter. Its very simple...its the same one in the pic u shown..red and white I think. Just disconnect them and push it back on again. as for opening up the headlamp..its only the front segment which has two or three small philip screws only depending on model type (non Vtec got 3). Its a very simple task...and don't forget..this 'solution' is only a suggestion. You may want to check if your vaccumm hose to the fuel cock is cracked or torn at it lips oso as poor suction at idling speed can caused less fuel flow to your carbs.

u may want to check if your vaccumm hose to the fuel cock is cracked or torn at it lips oso as poor suction at idling speed can caused less fuel flow to your carbs.

is it the rubber tube below the fuel tank that is connecting from the fuel tank to the engine?

Regards,

kifakw

u may want to check if your vaccumm hose to the fuel cock is cracked or torn at it lips oso as poor suction at idling speed can caused less fuel flow to your carbs.

is it the rubber tube below the fuel tank that is connecting from the fuel tank to the engine?

Yah...dats the one.