SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

hi guys,

wana clarify smth here. is doing valve clearance requires opening up the top block?was talking to my friend and they all speak of doing valve clearance like some common thing like that... its like as if they going to change tire like that lo... so wanna check out with you guys.

It does but why do you need to or want to do valve clearance in the first place. S4 no need to do valve clearance as the term itself describe unless your "shims" gone bad. There is no "clearance" except those set by the shims in the "Cam Follower" of the S4. You have to understand what is before hear say and do what for nothing and waste $$$$s. Google a bit and read about what is "Shims" and "Cam Follower" relating to "Overhead Cam" engine and get a better understanding...can save u $$$$s.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anyone tried a 160 rear tire on our non vtec b4?

bought my pb1 with a 160 rear....

bike fils heavier n handling not dat gud....

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/camounation/saLem77.jpg

MY RIDES

RXZ135 botoL powered / WR200 FMF powered - RXZ D CLUB

SUPER4 VTEC2 Micron powered - S4M

R1 '07 LE Akrapovic powered

HAYABUSA '99 Scorpion powered - SgBusaRiderz

SUPER4 PB1 / 125z Rockstar

RXZ135 Japan-modeL 6-speed lemang powered

carousell.com/shasalem.biz :D

It does but why do you need to or want to do valve clearance in the first place. S4 no need to do valve clearance as the term itself describe unless your "shims" gone bad. There is no "clearance" except those set by the shims in the "Cam Follower" of the S4. You have to understand what is before hear say and do what for nothing and waste $$$$s. Google a bit and read about what is "Shims" and "Cam Follower" relating to "Overhead Cam" engine and get a better understanding...can save u $$$$s.

cos my bike has this ticking sound ma..even after the engine is warm up also have. so ah fook say the shim gone. then was talking to my friend about it and he told me he had his valve clearance done which means also replace shim at below 200.

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

bought my pb1 with a 160 rear....

bike fils heavier n handling not dat gud....

so 150 is better?

I Just bought a verS super4 but I very sad cuse my friend say this bike problematic very old, isit truth? SOS....

honda sp>honda phantom> honda cb400>yamaha R15 > i want a honda CBR!!!

when i ride big bike, i feel like riding a small bike, when i ride small bike, i feel like riding a big bike OMG how...

Ok la!!! What problem? If the bike in good condition just use lo...

I Just bought a verS super4 but I very sad cuse my friend say this bike problematic very old, isit truth? SOS....

Dun believe wat ur fren says.. Some people buy 2nd hand spec 3 aso have more problems than pple whu buy a pb1

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

Very Old = subjective ... to me 20 yrs old bike is considered old. Maybe your friend thinks that even 3 yrs old bike is old ... To simply classify a bike model as problematic is incorrect. No bikes are perfect, and will always have their little problems here and there. You don't buy Version S because of your friend, right? If you do, then should have ask your friend 1st before you buy ... no malice intended! :angel:

Honda XR125 - September 2009

Honda Version S 50th Anniversary Edition - August 2010

Yamaha FZ6 S1 - Year 2013

B4 a bike rolls off a factory...it has always been tested to its best for sales to the world. after that, how it is used or being abused..we never know till we got either. I short..if a good bike is not well maintain as it should...problem/problems are expected. Ur friend say "problematic" without reference..have to asked him again like what? Even in human if a smart brain...who don't have problem/problems....LOL!

Dun believe wat ur fren says.. Some people buy 2nd hand spec 3 aso have more problems than pple whu buy a pb1

Heh...x3!...like mine hor ;0)

wow ah pek so early 4+am posting kekeke...

anway for the power socket Lim Batt sells for $12 maybe tommorow i go down take a look

now the problem is where to install the power socket, as MY GPS is mounted on my right handlebar

I asked UM the labour charges is ard $60+

I asked GOPA is at $35

Got any tips where to install or not ah pek?

wow ah pek so early 4+am posting kekeke...

anway for the power socket Lim Batt sells for $12 maybe tommorow i go down take a look

now the problem is where to install the power socket, as MY GPS is mounted on my right handlebar

I asked UM the labour charges is ard $60+

I asked GOPA is at $35

Got any tips where to install or not ah pek?

Slept too early...LOL Anyway..don't rush into buying. Go to Autobag at Bukit Batok and choose the design, layout and number of slots u want. Find the smallest that can fit and looks nice. The evry 1st thing you should do is study where you want to install on ur bike before buying. Get the size and space and a convient location on the fairing panel that's most applicable. Don't worry about wire length..can always extend and do need reruns.

Installation...don't be a penny wise foolish thingy...cheap does not mean good. After installation, you may regret the way and qaulity that is done. You want I can do for you but qulaity work comes with a price of course.

Now..go study the space you have that can be installed and practically applicable. Measure the space..get the dimension roughly go to Autobag. The choice is many..am sure one would be suitable. Then call me if you want or go to rush hours mototiam and hope the job is good ;0)

Slept too early...LOL Anyway..don't rush into buying. Go to Autobag at Bukit Batok and choose the design, layout and number of slots u want. Find the smallest that can fit and looks nice. The evry 1st thing you should do is study where you want to install on ur bike before buying. Get the size and space and a convient location on the fairing panel that's most applicable. Don't worry about wire length..can always extend and do need reruns.

Installation...don't be a penny wise foolish thingy...cheap does not mean good. After installation, you may regret the way and qaulity that is done. You want I can do for you but qulaity work comes with a price of course.

Now..go study the space you have that can be installed and practically applicable. Measure the space..get the dimension roughly go to Autobag. The choice is many..am sure one would be suitable. Then call me if you want or go to rush hours mototiam and hope the job is good ;0)

Power la Ah Pek. I also don't really know where to install the socket. The most practical I seen is to remove the clock which is the right hand side fairing and install the socket. But still I find the clock very useful when riding. Most likely just get the right size like what u mentioned. And after that just head down to the mechanic and ask his opinions.

How Ah Pek, you still got stock for the Valve cleaner and green oil?

kekeke

Power la Ah Pek. I also don't really know where to install the socket. The most practical I seen is to remove the clock which is the right hand side fairing and install the socket. But still I find the clock very useful when riding. Most likely just get the right size like what u mentioned. And after that just head down to the mechanic and ask his opinions.

How Ah Pek, you still got stock for the Valve cleaner and green oil?

kekeke

Cash flow very tight these days lah..cannot afford to buy a lot and keep for u guys..confirmed then tell me and on my way when buying for my personal usage then I get for you all...unless I go CMO and start selling stuff like this. Got ppl write to moderator say I sell...faint!..faint!

I'm sure there is space for mounting..why remove original installation stuff like your clock? If I were you I do a proper one with a "on/off swich and let it supply the GPS all the time..after all, you only use GPS when you need. Did on other bikes b4.

Cash flow very tight these days lah..cannot afford to buy a lot and keep for u guys..confirmed then tell me and on my way when buying for my personal usage then I get for you all...unless I go CMO and start selling stuff like this. Got ppl write to moderator say I sell...faint!..faint!

I'm sure there is space for mounting..why remove original installation stuff like your clock? If I were you I do a proper one with a "on/off swich and let it supply the GPS all the time..after all, you only use GPS when you need. Did on other bikes b4.

Of course la your hobby very expensive le...

kekeke

No...140 is the BEST!

ahpek sure knows the BEST !!! hahahahak....

btw, cn we tong our pb1 xhaust ???

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/camounation/saLem77.jpg

MY RIDES

RXZ135 botoL powered / WR200 FMF powered - RXZ D CLUB

SUPER4 VTEC2 Micron powered - S4M

R1 '07 LE Akrapovic powered

HAYABUSA '99 Scorpion powered - SgBusaRiderz

SUPER4 PB1 / 125z Rockstar

RXZ135 Japan-modeL 6-speed lemang powered

carousell.com/shasalem.biz :D

ahpek sure knows the BEST !!! hahahahak....

btw, cn we tong our pb1 xhaust ???

Aiyoh!...why you wanna do such thing?...TP hear oso boe_tong..guarantee your pocket oso kenna tong by TP! You want lough..told u guys b4..go fix a power amp with mic near the exhaust and hide loud speaker under your seat..got volume control and can switch off when see tP on the road or when go VICOM inspection. ;0)

Hi all, some questions for everyone. I am riding a verS by the way.

1) read in an earlier post that bike has got no power when moving off. I do get that as well, but only when I've been riding for a while and the engine is hot. traffic light always loose out to the malaysian bikes. Is the tuning off or need to wash the cab?

2) while travelling, and I need sudden power, open throttle but the power doesn;t get there. feel like i'm drowning my cab with petrol. but when I close throttle a little, can feel the acceleration comes in. same thing, dunno if is becase the cab needs tuning.

3) do you guys smell petrol after you turn off the engine? Cos I do.

Any advise? Thanks!!! =)

Hi Kano,

The socket that u intend to install, will it be waterproof?

My colleague had installed a waterproof socket on his varadero and he bought in online costing ard SGD $30+

Will be going down to Limbat tommorow morning after my work to see the various types. whether do they have it or no.

:)

ahdon;6781593]Hi all, some questions for everyone. I am riding a verS by the way.

1) read in an earlier post that bike has got no power when moving off. I do get that as well, but only when I've been riding for a while and the engine is hot. traffic light always loose out to the malaysian bikes. Is the tuning off or need to wash the cab?

Can be anything from bad clutching, carb's air intake or carbs inlet to engine block ucpling rubber or the carbs itself.

2) while travelling, and I need sudden power, open throttle but the power doesn;t get there. feel like i'm drowning my cab with petrol. but when I close throttle a little, can feel the acceleration comes in. same thing, dunno if is becase the cab needs tuning.

Could be a case of blockedair or jetting in carbs due to carbon build up in the inlet and outlet engine block valves.

3) do you guys smell petrol after you turn off the engine? Cos I do.

Same answer as in No. 2 question..in addition, also carbs to engine blocks rubber coupling cracked liao unless the rubber coupling is new or recently changed..ciould be loose locking ring clips.