SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

No...ur exhaust could be pretty much clogged with black soot. Try clearing it by hold at maxs rev for about a second or ttwo...do it till u don't see black 'smoke' anymore. Later use valve cleaner. Caused is usually due to riding slow and under gears to rpm changing range.

but pls dont do dat early in the morng ar bro..... :cheeky:

n try changing gear each time after hitting rpm 6 .......

"Target"...why would they bother to do that? In fact..any headlamp that is off the usual stock ones would get into trouble as well..if the TP bothers. Comes VICOM inspection..likely they will fail you if those guys there are familar with S4 headlamp. Save the day..ride with stock ones.

like ALL wise man says, STOCK IS THE BEST !!!! :thumb:

Anyone knows if any bike shop carry Gazi Hyper Shock for Super4 ?

Ching Aik can buy...fit and buy at Teck Thye (12 Bradell Road)..look for David.

tink ahpek means CHONG AIK ???? :angel:

new guy here, juz bought the version r...

welcome to the thread bro....

any questions cn ask our sifu here :)

Edited by salem77

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/camounation/saLem77.jpg

MY RIDES

RXZ135 botoL powered / WR200 FMF powered - RXZ D CLUB

SUPER4 VTEC2 Micron powered - S4M

R1 '07 LE Akrapovic powered

HAYABUSA '99 Scorpion powered - SgBusaRiderz

SUPER4 PB1 / 125z Rockstar

RXZ135 Japan-modeL 6-speed lemang powered

carousell.com/shasalem.biz :D

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thks for the welcome..i have been reading the forum before i decided to buy the version r.. i was so called cheated didnt know the difference between the r and s until i bought the bike and my fren told me it was the r.. i wanted the s bcoz of the brembo.. then i when i bought the bike i was wondering why it dint came with the brembo tot it was remove by the ex owner unti it a fren pointedit to me..i seen u guys doin the grounding seems to be good.. how much to get it done?

thks for the welcome..i have been reading the forum before i decided to buy the version r.. i was so called cheated didnt know the difference between the r and s until i bought the bike and my fren told me it was the r.. i wanted the s bcoz of the brembo.. then i when i bought the bike i was wondering why it didnt came with the brembo tot it was remove by the ex owner unti it a fren pointed it to me..

verR comes with a rectangular saitao headlight ......

verS comes with brembo callipers .....

MY RIDES

c u guyz later @scape for our SBF ANNIVERSARY !!!

MY RIDES

If im nt wrong, ver r has a longer tailboard as well

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

Ahpek, it's confirmed my free gear switch spoil. Does anyone know how much to replace it?

I told u on that day u came down to go Ah Fook to do it you never..its the neutral switch inside the crank case. Engine oil has to be drained. Ah Fook did a few vor the guys before..not sure the price..can go asked him. Tell him u wanna reuse the eo.

Just check wif him price first and go other shop as well. An advise though...CNY is around the corner..most mototiam want to give Ang Pow to worker..so..all can chop chop want..Ah Fook also chop chop may be...LOL!

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

I told u on that day u came down to go Ah Fook to do it you never..its the neutral switch inside the crank case. Engine oil has to be drained. Ah Fook did a few vor the guys before..not sure the price..can go asked him. Tell him u wanna reuse the eo.

Just check wif him price first and go other shop as well. An advise though...CNY is around the corner..most mototiam want to give Ang Pow to worker..so..all can chop chop want..Ah Fook also chop chop may be...LOL!

Thought can change one shot when changing EO, but problem come too soon LOL! Waa angpow ah.. Must be careful wait the worker very happy you very sad hahah.

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[

Thought can change one shot when changing EO, but problem come too soon LOL! Waa angpow ah.. Must be careful wait the worker very happy you very sad hahah.

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[

ani fellows bros sellin their non vtec stock handlebar,please pm me..thanx

Next time u meet someone with a scramble S4...do ask them...they may have kept their old stock ones.

hi fellas, wanted to ask if its normal for the 2 rhs cylinders to fire hotter than the 2 lhs ones?

cylinders 3 and 4 seem to be running cooler on my bike, i noticed this when the headers cooled slightly, and 3 and 4 can be touched and its warm, while 1 and 2 is still pretty hot (burn hands kinda hot)

i googled and apparently some bikes are like this because of the design of the crank shaft, such as the kawa versys. due to more load on the particular cylinders during their strokes. but i doubt the s4 has such a sophisticated irregular crankshaft system.

the plugs on my bike are v new. carbs have been washed and balanced. engine is smooth when running. plug caps seem ok, only one of them is slightly bloated, but its on the warmer cylinder so i think its not relevant.

also dont detect too lean or rich symptoms.

however when idling the revs kinda fluctuate. but very very minimally. from 1000-1050 rpms. probably even less then that.

anyone has advice? or a take on the situation?

perhaps carb parts need some replacement or tuning?

is it a danger to the engine to keep riding? - perhaps 2 of the cylinders are overheating?

Edited by nuad

"I don't trust any bike I can't see through" - jay leno

hi fellas, wanted to ask if its normal for the 2 rhs cylinders to fire hotter than the 2 lhs ones?

cylinders 3 and 4 seem to be running cooler on my bike, i noticed this when the headers cooled slightly, and 3 and 4 can be touched and its warm, while 1 and 2 is still pretty hot (burn hands kinda hot)

i googled and apparently some bikes are like this because of the design of the crank shaft, such as the kawa versys. due to more load on the particular cylinders during their strokes. but i doubt the s4 has such a sophisticated irregular crankshaft system.

the plugs on my bike are v new. carbs have been washed and balanced. engine is smooth when running. plug caps seem ok, only one of them is slightly bloated, but its on the warmer cylinder so i think its not relevant.

also dont detect too lean or rich symptoms.

however when idling the revs kinda fluctuate. but very very minimally. from 1000-1050 rpms. probably even less then that.

anyone has advice? or a take on the situation?

perhaps carb parts need some replacement or tuning?

is it a danger to the engine to keep riding? - perhaps 2 of the cylinders are overheating?

Carbs component may be like u suggested but unlikely as wear and tear should be 'equally' worn. I suspect that your either left or right pair of carbs are either too lean or too rich. The best way is to take of the plugs and check for plug electrodes coloration...the darker blacker ones will be too rich..while the brownish white may be too lean. This is air/fuel tunning not carbs sync or know as balancing, its dufferent.

However..carbs balancing may caused this too..I understand u just had it synchronised but u can't be sure that it was done properly. For a start, suggest you check the spark plug condition.

one of guys do installion for grounding? if im nt wrong? how much for my version r?

Hi eddie, I just installed a raizin voltage stabilizer + 6 points grounding at unique toh guan yesterday. Damage is $148. The performance of the bike after that was superb. I'm riding a versin S btw =)

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

Carbs component may be like u suggested but unlikely as wear and tear should be 'equally' worn. I suspect that your either left or right pair of carbs are either too lean or too rich. The best way is to take of the plugs and check for plug electrodes coloration...the darker blacker ones will be too rich..while the brownish white may be too lean. This is air/fuel tunning not carbs sync or know as balancing, its dufferent.

However..carbs balancing may caused this too..I understand u just had it synchronised but u can't be sure that it was done properly. For a start, suggest you check the spark plug condition.

thanks ah pek, will do

one of guys do installion for grounding? if im nt wrong? how much for my version r?

Yea, look for ah pek. His gtpunding is fantabulous!!!

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

hi guys, don't want to only come here and ask for help, so ill share some info for the community too.

As most of our bikes are pretty old, the shocks are probably gone. i did research and instead of refurbishing, which may not guarantee a long lasting shock (which some can consider, i asked bikelab and Teck Thye - price about 230-240.)

i got a pair of shocks from YSS (thailand brand) from chong aik @ 310 bucks, i chose them cos i heard their manufacturing and expertise has improved, and overseas ducati and triumph thruxton owners love YSS and get their higher end shocks. apparently they headhunted personnel from hyperpro and another suspension company.

however as i was on a budget i got their economic line. the model was the C302-T.

my review - it looks good and its preload adjustable. I can feel the shocks working and its pretty good for single riding.

however with my pillion it can be slightly harsh, even when i have dialed in the preload properly at 30mm (taking into account added passenger weight), lessing it by 5mm to 35 proved better, but i think the problem lies with the damping, i won't say its bad, but average. the compression is a tad bit too strong and the rebound seems a little too weak.

another gripe is that the preload is screw thread based, not the showa clicks, thus its harder to equalize the two shocks. but you can tune it more precisely

But overly im pleased with the purchase, it costs even less than half the price of a showa pair i think 700+?. but i dare say its only slightly poorer in performance than a showa shock.

recommended for a budget replacement, or try thier better shocks ( but i think gotta order from thailand )

ohlins 1k+

bitubo 800+

showa 700+

kayaba 600+

YSS 300+

gazi 200+

just a rough guide. but i heard bad things about gazi from overseas forums. so i think YSS is a better choice if you are deciding btw the two.

Also when i serviced my bike @ planet motors, my mech helped me pull the thermostat from the bike. his reasoning is that it helps the bike keep warm and easier to start in cool climate countries. irrelevant for hot singapore.

and true enough the bike engine became cooler, i could still touch the block (gingerly though) after some riding . quite an obvious drop in heat.

however it seems to be a debated subject on overseas forums. some say taking the thermostat out increases heat as coolant passes through the radiator too fast to cool, another school says its too cold and the engine cant warm up properly.

however i think in our stop and go traffic in singapore + hot climate , its a worthwhile consideration.

i was bought over when i saw a overseas forumner (cant find the link) who claims his 2 bikes without a thermostat had a noticable drop in heat during long track sessions. he had some pretty specific figures.

perhaps do some research and decide if this mod is for you.

hi people... would like to know, while riding in lower gear but at fast speed, when closed throttle there will be a "pop" x2 sound. it is because to much petrol going in carb?

& i have a valve cleaner and seldom ride my bike, it is ok to pour in the valve clearner? and also do i need to travel fast as compare to the vitec? btw i'm riding ver S

thx

hi people... would like to know, while riding in lower gear but at fast speed, when closed throttle there will be a "pop" x2 sound. it is because to much petrol going in carb?

& i have a valve cleaner and seldom ride my bike, it is ok to pour in the valve clearner? and also do i need to travel fast as compare to the vitec? btw i'm riding ver S

thx

Its ok if you can live with it...doesn't affect performance or causes damage in future lah. It has something to do with your end can considering if its not a stock one. Other than that..it could be electrical load problem due to old ageing wirings. Valve cleaner is always good but use it with recommended dosage ratio.