SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since u are asking in here, I assume u are considering either pb1, ver R or ver S.. If that's the case, I'll recommend vr S since I'm riding 1..:sian:

Haha actually y ver S cuz in my opinion:

1. u'll get brembo calipers out of the box

2. u can change aftermarket end cans(exhaust) without the need to change headers(like pb1 headers which cannot fit aftermarket pipes)

3. newer compared to the other 2 versions..

BUT

Before u think of buying 1(any non-vtecs), pls do check the bike at every inch possible for any faults. I for 1 have learnt the hard way cuz I actually bought my current ver s blindly and found out after a few days that my bike has:

1. frnt brake calipers which has 1 brembo, the other one nissin..:cry:

2. left and right engine casing gaskets leaking oil..:cry:

3. block leaking coolant(cannot see externally) @ spark plug hole..:cry:tis one heart pain most..:cry:

4. coolant hoses and their metal pipes corroded..:cry:

Other than that, my bike outlook was superbly shiny and clean when buying it that time.. Really fooled me...:cheeky:

SO did i answer ur question? :cheeky:

thanks for the tips man =D i considering verS long ago too.. better than ver R i can say.. PB1 antique le.. cant find.. even though i kinda like how it looks and its engine =D

treasure your life, give way, pleasant journey.

value your life than your bike!

thanks for the tips man =D i considering verS long ago too.. better than ver R i can say.. PB1 antique le.. cant find.. even though i kinda like how it looks and its engine =D

If you love a powerful machine and you love to re-build, then a version S is for you. :)

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

Did you open up your meter casing or change the electronic board inside recently?

Sometime faulty electronic board will cause the high temperature light to go crazy.

It did happen to me before when i got a chiong one from ah boy.

Next time when the high temperature light is on again,

check if your radiator and the hose that is connected to the radiator is very hot.

I'm thinking if is it possible that the coolant are jammed and cannot flow back to the reserve.

Not very sure about this, maybe ah pek give us some help.

Checked, the hose connecting to the radiator is hot, but the reserve is definately not boiling. This situation is happenning quite frequently now. Fan is switched on most of the time now. then comes the flickering light.

Ah Pek, any advice? Need to pay you a visit to change to your coolant and sealant?

bros anyone encounter their fuel cork leaking? mine leaking anyone know how much is the damage?

What vesion of S4?

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Checked, the hose connecting to the radiator is hot, but the reserve is definately not boiling. This situation is happenning quite frequently now. Fan is switched on most of the time now. then comes the flickering light.

Ah Pek, any advice? Need to pay you a visit to change to your coolant and sealant?

If ur meter is not chiong one...it could be a geniune fault. Caused is lightly due to over heating higher than boiling point (lights coming "on"). Have ur coolant replaced first and oso rust if any on the coolant hose. No problem..just let me know when u can come a day ahead.

Version s, btw which shud be hotter the radiator itself or the coolant reservoir? Mine quite diluted coz i put the pre mixed coolant bout 1 litr and the rest i top will distilled water n my reservoir is just distilled water..

Radiator should be hotter bro. Afterall, your hot coolant flows into the radiator to be cooled by the passing wind and your fan.

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

If ur meter is not chiong one...it could be a geniune fault. Caused is lightly due to over heating higher than boiling point (lights coming "on"). Have ur coolant replaced first and oso rust if any on the coolant hose. No problem..just let me know when u can come a day ahead.

Ah pek, this saturday 4pm can? need the coolant and the sealant. also last time you helped me checked the hoses when I first used your coolant and they were fine. hopefully they are still ok.

Version s, btw which shud be hotter the radiator itself or the coolant reservoir? Mine quite diluted coz i put the pre mixed coolant bout 1 litr and the rest i top will distilled water n my reservoir is just distilled water..

The radiator is always the hottest..if ur reserve tank boils.its bad sign of overheating. The coolant u bought is already "premixed"..meaning..already mixed. Your ration is all out that's why its so hot. Suggest u have the old cooalnt drained off, clean coolant rubber hose off any rust, rinse and refilled with proper ratio and good coolant..cost $55.

As for ur Ver S type fuel kork leaking..try switching it off and see if it leaks.if not..than ur fuel hose is cracked near the nozzle or fuel kork mounting nut is loose (need tighting). If it still leak in off position..ur fuel kork "On/Off/Reserve level switch rubber seal is gone liao..have to replace hold unit..cost about $80 or slightly more lah..just a guess.

Ah pek, this saturday 4pm can? need the coolant and the sealant. also last time you helped me checked the hoses when I first used your coolant and they were fine. hopefully they are still ok.

Y u nd sealant?..ur engine block head leak coolant arh?

1.30pm can?

The radiator is always the hottest..if ur reserve tank boils.its bad sign of overheating. The coolant u bought is already "premixed"..meaning..already mixed. Your ration is all out that's why its so hot. Suggest u have the old cooalnt drained off, clean coolant rubber hose off any rust, rinse and refilled with proper ratio and good coolant..cost $55.

As for ur Ver S type fuel kork leaking..try switching it off and see if it leaks.if not..than ur fuel hose is cracked near the nozzle or fuel kork mounting nut is loose (need tighting). If it still leak in off position..ur fuel kork "On/Off/Reserve level switch rubber seal is gone liao..have to replace hold unit..cost about $80 or slightly more lah..just a guess.

go with ah pek coolant will never go wrong . been using for 1 and a half year , only top up when go up north , and 1 time when my hose loose and leak coolant , other than that never top up before

hi all,hw to know if my spark plug is time to be replace or already foul???n cn my engine gets hotter if the plugs is already foul???

When it's hard to start ur bike even though after warming up.

my coolent at the resevoir keep boiling from sengkang to pasir ris i stop at traffic light can hear water boiling already... i top up coolent still the same, cant be water pump cuz i just change early this year... if this problem gets any longer how will it affect my bike?

_-= Big E =-_

wah,ah pek wat sealant they talking abt?last time my plug there oso got coolant but now dunnoe still got or not..

Its a sealant use with coolant..stops leak but if your gasket blown..than chances not too good lah.

my coolent at the resevoir keep boiling from sengkang to pasir ris i stop at traffic light can hear water boiling already... i top up coolent still the same, cant be water pump cuz i just change early this year... if this problem gets any longer how will it affect my bike?

B4 it boils...did ur radiator fan comes "ON"? Problems could be anything from radiator fan switch..stuck thermostat, rusts on coolant hoses or coolant ration mixes wrong..all all of these. Great p[ossibilty is rusting in your radiator as tap water been used.