SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

Pek need to ask ar. 12.5Volt during startup and also when engine is turned on normal? I thought when engine rev the voltage will go up to 14-16v? Or isit my voltmeter got problem. Btw can buy your coolant but dont wanna install? I think my eletrical something about to spoil :X

WTS: CB400-PB1

Search my threads! Thanks for viewing!

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys, I'm planning for a Cameron Highlands 2 days, 1 night trip

(Total Mileage Est. around 1200km)

15th Oct 2011 - 16th Oct 2011

Meeting Point: SPC Tuas

Meeting Date: 15th Oct, 2.30am

Meeting Time: 0230hrs, move 3am SHARP

Travelling Speed: 120-130 km/h (I is not RACER. LOL)

Accommodation: TBC

Itinerary: Free & Easy

Details on Going route:

1. Meeting at SPC Tuas

2. Pump at GP esso/petronas

2. 1st stop at pagoh R&R (Rd mileage 145km)

3. 2nd stop at seremban R&R (Rd mileage 272km)

4. turn left at Rd mileage 284.5km (direction to Ipoh)

5. EST. 46km journey to Y-junction than keep right to Ipoh

6. EST. 9km journey to Y-junction than keep left

7. 3rd stop at Rawang R&R Petronas (Rd mileage 440km)

5. 4th stop at Tapah R&R Shell (Rd mileage 330km)

7. Taking Simpang Pulai to Cameron

8. Cameron Highland

*There will be headcount exercises at every stop.

Details on Returning route:

1. 1st stop at Tapah R&R BP petrol (Rd mileage 332km) Head count

2. 2nd stop at Ulu Bermam R&R Petronas (Rd mileage 338.7km)

3. left turn at road mileage 460km, reverse journey

4. 3rd stop at Seramban R&R Petronas (Rd Mileage 276km)

5. 4th stop at Pagoh R&R Shell (Rd mileage 135km)

6. Last stop at GP R&R petronas

*There will be headcount in every stop.

**Pit stops might change

Pre-trip checks:

1. Engine Oil

2. Coolant

3. Brakes

4. Tyres

5. Wheel Bearing

6. Battery and lightings as it is a night ride

7. Plenty of rest before the trip

For safety reasons, this trip will only commence if we have at least 3 bikes.

Lemme know if you're interested. Leave me a PM. Thanks

SMS/Whatsapp/Call me at 92387461.

Confirmed list:

1. Rider Saje

2. Elfian46

3. Faizal Pol (via Facebook)

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

Btw, I did my Top Overhaul this year March, changed my gaskets, my coolant hose, coolant pump. I'm using Ah pek's EO and coolant with sealant which I also change in March. But however, recently I feel that my bike is hotter, even 10mins of riding fan can turn on. I regularly top up my coolant with the extra coolant given by William. Could it be there is limited flow of coolant from my reserve to the main coolant tank? I'm not using a thermostat as suggested by Ah Fook. Could it be that issue too? And yesterday, my eo started to leak from the Top gaskets due to overheating. @Ah Pek, help me leehhh.

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

Btw, I did my Top Overhaul this year March, changed my gaskets, my coolant hose, coolant pump. I'm using Ah pek's EO and coolant with sealant which I also change in March. But however, recently I feel that my bike is hotter, even 10mins of riding fan can turn on. I regularly top up my coolant with the extra coolant given by William. Could it be there is limited flow of coolant from my reserve to the main coolant tank? I'm not using a thermostat as suggested by Ah Fook. Could it be that issue too? And yesterday, my eo started to leak from the Top gaskets due to overheating. @Ah Pek, help me leehhh.

Yoi bro!..if u can..get a new thermostat and have it installed. There is a reason why the Japanese have a thermostat for S4..if they felt it was unnecessary..they would have save billions..and all bikes don't need it. The thermostat helps to regulate (control) the flow of hot coolant according to high temperature as the bikes operates..so that hot cookant would not get any hotter due to the gushing of hot coolant passed down the radiator cooling water channel. Simply put...ur hot coolant is rushing down too fast the radiator cooling area before it gets cool by the flowing head on wind while you ride. Removable of thermostat is only good when you do track as u want the temperature to accumulatively heat up fast. All engine run best at 98 degree Celsius..boiling point is 100 and overheating is 112 degree.

Hope ur radiator fan switch is standard Honda's. Some ppl fit lower temperature units one like those from Suzuki..cuts ur fan on at about 85 degree instead of 102 degree from Honda. Have a good and safe trip bro :0)

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Yoi bro!..if u can..get a new thermostat and have it installed. There is a reason why the Japanese have a thermostat for S4..if they felt it was unnecessary..they would have save billions..and all bikes don't need it. The thermostat helps to regulate (control) the flow of hot coolant according to high temperature as the bikes operates..so that hot cookant would not get any hotter due to the gushing of hot coolant passed down the radiator cooling water channel. Simply put...ur hot coolant is rushing down too fast the radiator cooling area before it gets cool by the flowing head on wind while you ride. Removable of thermostat is only good when you do track as u want the temperature to accumulatively heat up fast. All engine run best at 98 degree Celsius..boiling point is 100 and overheating is 112 degree.

Hope ur radiator fan switch is standard Honda's. Some ppl fit lower temperature units one like those from Suzuki..cuts ur fan on at about 85 degree instead of 102 degree from Honda. Have a good and safe trip bro :0)

I seee... Thanks bro! I will need to change my coolant before I go up. I will call/SMS you! ;)

So good ah . Version s comes with a dip stick with the oil filler cap. Wonder if I can buy one and use for my own bike

Doesn't work that way bro...check with ur inspecting gearbox glass window.

Ah pek, i have problem with my right hand side switch assembly, the one that on and start engine one. the button is spoil. need help. Any place selling a second hand one ? know how much is a new one? does spec 1 , 2, 3 use the same assembly as ver s?

Have to be rplaced for sure. Cost about $125 the very most. I think all Vtec unit are similar except for non Vtec. Can try go Ah Fook at Blk 5032 #295 AMK Ave 3 AMK Industrial Park 2. Let him know I recommended u..bargain a bit less if you can. Check other mototiam for pricing oso before commiting.

Hi guys, i hv a 98 ver s. it accelerates smoothly until around 6.5 - 7k rpm where there's a noticeable flat spot. Is this normal? Tks.

Can u elaborate more?...after 6.5-7k rpm...what happen and how long is the delay as with this "flat spot"?

Ah pek, i have problem with my right hand side switch assembly, the one that on and start engine one. the button is spoil. need help. Any place selling a second hand one ? know how much is a new one? does spec 1 , 2, 3 use the same assembly as ver s?

i think i have a spare one which i can let go. changed and used for less than 1 year then i scrap bike liao. in very good condition. lemme go home and see if i can still find it or not....

not sure if i threw it away during the last spring cleaning or not

u need to be young and reckless to become old and wise..... if u survive :angel:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/gwzc_mk2/IMG_4576-1.jpg

i think i have a spare one which i can let go. changed and used for less than 1 year then i scrap bike liao. in very good condition. lemme go home and see if i can still find it or not....

not sure if i threw it away during the last spring cleaning or not

Great!! Do let me know i need to change asap. . . . Thanks.

Can u elaborate more?...after 6.5-7k rpm...what happen and how long is the delay as with this "flat spot"?

It will still pull beyond 7k rpm, but it feels like changing up one gear, or the bike feels "heavier." the torque before 7k and after 7k doesn't feel seamless, like there's a dip in the torque curve!! btw, only got the bike bout 6 mths ago. Just wondering if this is normal characteristic of the engine, or some wear and tear in carb due to age. Tks. R

hi bro, i notice that when i go reach 90 to 100 speed , my bike product some sound. wanted ask is it normal? it sound like a E sound. (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

honda sp>honda phantom> honda cb400>yamaha R15 > i want a honda CBR!!!

when i ride big bike, i feel like riding a small bike, when i ride small bike, i feel like riding a big bike OMG how...

It will still pull beyond 7k rpm, but it feels like changing up one gear, or the bike feels "heavier." the torque before 7k and after 7k doesn't feel seamless, like there's a dip in the torque curve!! btw, only got the bike bout 6 mths ago. Just wondering if this is normal characteristic of the engine, or some wear and tear in carb due to age. Tks. R

Take off your air filter and ride for a day or two without it..see if it still have the 'flat spot' problem...then let me know.

hi bro, i notice that when i go reach 90 to 100 speed , my bike product some sound. wanted ask is it normal? it sound like a E sound. (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

What about 100-140 km/hr?

Great!! Do let me know i need to change asap. . . . Thanks.

sorry bro

searched for it but cant find it

must have threw it away already

u need to be young and reckless to become old and wise..... if u survive :angel:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/gwzc_mk2/IMG_4576-1.jpg