SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gone to mechanics, he said block was leaking that's why glue was there. if he remove all the glue out, it will risk damaging it & also prepare $1k+ if I want a new block..

Where, and when did you buy your bike?

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[

gone to mechanics, he said block was leaking that's why glue was there. if he remove all the glue out, it will risk damaging it & also prepare $1k+ if I want a new block..

If there is nothing wrong with the plugs..just leave it as it is till the day it needed to be change. Standard plugs last a long time and normally out live their specified usage in mileage or period as it depends on how the bike is use and riding style.

When the time comes..you can always use 'glue' again..btw, don't think its glue..likely heat resistance gasket paste.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Super Four Ver S - Over Serviced?

Hi,

I have a FP Ver S bought in May 2011. (14 yrs old bike)

On 03 June 2011, I changed engine oil (Semi-syn), spark plug and oil filter. Mileage was at 33,000.

On 01 Sep 2011, I changed engine oil (Semi-syn). Mileage is only 33,890.

The shop advised me to change engine oil every 3 months.

I ride about 10 km a day on weekdays and rarely ride the bike on weekends. Tats why my mileage is so low.

I wish to seek advise as to if I should change to Fully Syn oil and whether I am replacing my engine oil too frequent based on my riding needs.

Kindly share your maintenance schedule as well.

Thanks!

Regards,

nhc

P.S. Does anyone know where we can service our shocks (original) or have good recommendations for aftermaket ones? How much are we looking at?

Wah, u really dun care about the enviroment huh. Care for the world u live in bro. Climate is changing. Dun change oil too early. I change my oil 8-10k km mileage.

Selamat hari raya

Maaf zahir batin

Sent from my GT-P1000

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

That's why I am asking the question. If it takes me 1 year to ride 5000km, I only change oil strictly based on the mileage? Does calendar servicing plays a part too?

I service my PB1 1 year ++ ago... hehehee.. Thanks to AhPek that is...:p:P

There is ALWAYS a Motorcycle overtaking your CAR!! DRIVERS, be sure to check ur BLINDSPOT!!

140407 - 170309 |Honda CBF150

180309 - 310812 |Honda CB400 PB1

310812 - 130416 |MaxSYM 400i

130416 - Present |Honda CB400X

I know that water leaking out through small hole at the side of the engine block is my radiator fluid leaking. However my mech said that since the water leaking is minimal (drops - if engine is hot sometimes a bit more) it is OK if I do not over do it and I maintain a full level of radiator reserve.

However I am looking to make my ver S last longer. Is there anyway to rectify this? Eg overhaul the engine and replace parts, replace block, etc...

If need to replace block, anyone know where I can get 2nd hand?

My usage is not high. Only use my bike to and fro from office.

Better dun get 2nd hand. All 2nd hand block is all long over due. All 10 over years.

Sent from my GT-P1000

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

I know that water leaking out through small hole at the side of the engine block is my radiator fluid leaking. However my mech said that since the water leaking is minimal (drops - if engine is hot sometimes a bit more) it is OK if I do not over do it and I maintain a full level of radiator reserve.

However I am looking to make my ver S last longer. Is there anyway to rectify this? Eg overhaul the engine and replace parts, replace block, etc...

Can do the coolant sealant way. Need help..pm me.

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

Originally Posted by Bluewing2

Can do the coolant sealant way. Need help..pm me.

Try the coolant seal first. It works fine me and some others.

Ah Pek, any different if i change back to OEM sprocket and x chain, instead of after market brands like AFAM, Driven etc sprockets. Prices are 100 plus different.

Best to stay with stock items for ur S4 as its designed for "economy"..that's..performance and reliability as in their R&D.

Ah pek,u stll got the valve cleaner?i forgot to buy frm u tat time when change oil with u..if got next tue i come down..

Sorry bro..had stop taking from them since they increase prices afetrall its a no profit help u all get thingy. If price is good and u guys save from market shelf value$..will let u all know.

ah pek, do u have battery for vtec? i forgot the model u mentioned..

Its YTZ 10s Yuasa..Seem out of stock at most places I know. Careful about paying lower prices for those available though..could be too long a storage life ones.

Ahpek, thanks for replacing my coolant pump with a brand new one yesterday.. my bike now runs cooler.. I didn't know it wasn't working when I bought the bike!!

Welcome my friend...glad it's all ok now :0) Ride safe.

Hey any of u using CNC levers? I tried to ask my mech to fit in but he said cant fit cause there's no slot on the lever for the cable or something like that.. Are there diff types of CNC levers? i thought its universal..

http://tapatalk.com/mu/ca9c0a09-e37a-d3f3.jpg

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae167/m0hs3n_2009/pulsar200ns.jpg

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."