SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2010] PK Chalet BBQ cum Mass Gathering 2010

madman

Interested key appt holders.

1. Kalyan as marker no.1

2. Kmjoe [2nd last man boleh? no confident leh =x no exp with large convoy or exp on wad to do other than signal the markers leh, mayb i b 2nd last to signal markers with my led & observe a real last man?]

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Joe does very well in the LFNO convoys, not to worry about the big one, since it's still one bike in front and one behind :D

My dilemma is whether to service the bike before Saturday. Probably change out the EO and plug one of these evenings. Can feel the oil starting to break down already.

ps. Interested in rainy weather plans, and other contingencies.

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

Guest B_E_N

if u still need marker i can help out(but i tink i nvr went through any training by u b4)

if i dun meet min. req its ok.. i can jus join the convoy and have fun ^^

all seasoned convoy riders who've been thru big convoys would be much needed, as the scale of this convoy is bypassing the one i did last year, i took that event as a benchmark, and with 400cc above as markers, we barely made it, hence all markers and sweepers would be minimum 400cc and above...

Cheers!!

arthur u and me gay behind...

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

Darling you want to put me where you deem fit.

so mushy :cheeky:

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

i think can... just let organiser know.. so that he wont order food.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Darling you want to put me where you deem fit.

all seasoned convoy riders who've been thru big convoys would be much needed, as the scale of this convoy is bypassing the one i did last year, i took that event as a benchmark, and with 400cc above as markers, we barely made it, hence all markers and sweepers would be minimum 400cc and above...

Cheers!!

how bout between the seat and the butt.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

Attendance list

(This includes convoy + BBQ)

I need to know how many people. Target i planned for this is 30, but lets get more peeps and a big big convoy... Huat ah!!!

Need to order food. Dateline 5th July 2010

1) Madman + Babycakes + 2 little kuehs

2) Jtzx /Ta175 / ( might need to be off at 5pm)

3) mepkoh/x1

4) thenation (can mark/sweep/mop/wash/clean)

5) Izat (ham's fren)

6) SNapEl (can eat)

7) Magg (can take photo)

8) vicky (auto-add)

9) B_E_N

10) ausa

11) tanzharyk (newbie)

12) hamster + ah ger

13) nivleK1985

14) arjen (can help babysit)

15) zpjohnny (Can eat + Can Sleep + Can pillion girls)

16) pureice68 (can follow) +1 Wifey confirmed going liao

17) adamchiew

18) "Victorian Love Letters" (Camera bike, best positioned at rear)

19) darevil2001sg

20) ckoonyin * +1 TBC *

21) kmjoe

22) quizesilver

23) lunloon C + 1 TBC (May not appear in convoy, convoy and lunloon buay gam)

24) vivalabanana

25) Tanarthur + 1

26) Andrew

27) Silent Hunter (Got classmate's church wedding at 3pm. Don't know if timing will clash with convoy timing)

28) Chrisboy +1

29) razali1980(D'zali)

30)

Total hungry peeps = 36 + 2 TBC

Please update the number of peeps in as well. Thanks!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

sorry guys, urgent family matter comes up and wont be able to enjoy BBQ, hope i can join convoy (me newbie, dont bully me in convoy hor)

I'll be giving this one a miss as:

- Safety; it's getting horribly last minute planning wise, which means I won't like it. Community involvement could have been a great help on this part (ie, using LFNOs as dry runs)

- Convoy ops; I'm expecting to see kmjoe, koonyin, etc as key appointment holders, ie, guys I've trained with.

Attendance list

(This includes convoy + BBQ)

I need to know how many people. Target i planned for this is 30, but lets get more peeps and a big big convoy... Huat ah!!!

Need to order food. Dateline 5th July 2010

1) Madman + Babycakes + 2 little kuehs

2) Jtzx /Ta175 / ( might need to be off at 5pm)

3) mepkoh/x1

4) thenation (can mark/sweep/mop/wash/clean)

5) Izat (ham's fren)

6) SNapEl (can eat)

7) Magg (can take photo)

8) vicky (auto-add)

9) B_E_N

10) ausa

11) tanzharyk (newbie)

12) hamster + ah ger

13) nivleK1985

14) arjen (can help babysit)

15) zpjohnny (Can eat + Can Sleep + Can pillion girls)

16) pureice68 (can follow) +1 Wifey confirmed going liao

17) adamchiew

18) darevil2001sg

19) ckoonyin * +1 TBC *

20) kmjoe

21) quizesilver

22) lunloon C + 1 TBC (May not appear in convoy, convoy and lunloon buay gam)

23) vivalabanana

24) Tanarthur + 1

25) Andrew

26) Silent Hunter (Got classmate's church wedding at 3pm. Don't know if timing will clash with convoy timing)

27) Chrisboy +1

28) razali1980(D'zali)

29)

Total hungry peeps = 35 + 2 TBC

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

Cheers!!

Yo bro, I know that the minimum requirement for the appointment holders be 400cc & above but can I suggest that Kalyan have permission to ride alongside the convoy for video taking? Maybe let him follow the 3rd marker so he can capture the convoy passing at the marker's position and afterwhich, he'll fall back to the rear to record the convoy from the back. With your proper briefing I think he won't be an obstruction to the appointment holders, doing their job. Appreciate if you can consider this suggestion and hope to hear from you soon. Cheers!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

Guest B_E_N
Yo bro, I know that the minimum requirement for the appointment holders be 400cc & above but can I suggest that Kalyan have permission to ride alongside the convoy for video taking? Maybe let him follow the 3rd marker so he can capture the convoy passing at the marker's position and afterwhich, he'll fall back to the rear to record the convoy from the back. With your proper briefing I think he won't be an obstruction to the appointment holders, doing their job. Appreciate if you can consider this suggestion and hope to hear from you soon. Cheers!

i believe there will be some1 else can take video in those riding big bikes de ba..

lol, try not to interupt their planning, if not it will get quite messy

The overtaking and passing shots would be awesome and if I could take up one of the "backup" marker appointments it would be most appreciated. I'm not on a 400 but I have enough acceleration to mark for the convoy.

It may be silly to tout my bike but if I ever decide to scrap my present career (and it can happen real soon), mechanical stuff is going to be my rice bowl. So I take my DIY stuff and riding very seriously.

i believe there will be some1 else can take video in those riding big bikes de ba..

lol, try not to interupt their planning, if not it will get quite messy

I'm not going to wait 4 weeks for someone to send me the video footage. If my contributions aren't going to have a place, I'll find some other convoy to participate in.

Pureice has recorded videos and so have I. We're going to try collaborating footage and doing a proper production for this one.

I'll be giving this one a miss as:

- Safety; it's getting horribly last minute planning wise, which means I won't like it. Community involvement could have been a great help on this part (ie, using LFNOs as dry runs)

- Convoy ops; I'm expecting to see kmjoe, koonyin, etc as key appointment holders, ie, guys I've trained with.

hey man, dont stress too much, and dont be like "my-way-or-high-way-attitude"

appreciate your help but you have to appreciate the organizers as well.

there are people with experience and people with faster bikes to do the job.

there will be people with digital camera, HD camera, handphone camera taking photos and videos.

FYI, Phantom Knights have been doing convoys since 2005~2006 and Ham, Mad, Kev, Arthur knows what to do.

Messy convoys are not good for riders and public, and it will be very ugly sight for one bike running up and down, in and out of convoy and traffic as rider is eager to fulfill his duty of videocam / marker / whateverever..

hey man, dont stress too much, and dont be like "my-way-or-high-way-attitude"

appreciate your help but you have to appreciate the organizers as well.

there are people with experience and people with faster bikes to do the job.

there will be people with digital camera, HD camera, handphone camera taking photos and videos.

FYI, Phantom Knights have been doing convoys since 2005~2006 and Ham, Mad, Kev, Arthur knows what to do.

Messy convoys are not good for riders and public, and it will be very ugly sight for one bike running up and down, in and out of convoy and traffic as rider is eager to fulfill his duty of videocam / marker / whateverever..

Ya Kalyan, I have to agree that messy convoys are not good for riders and other road users. Just kick back and enjoy the convoy riding and let the organiser do their planning. Cya there bro!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

Messy riding? for the record I refuse to go out with the "bollywood outing group" since last month due to their "messy riding".

Randomly cutting in and out of the convoy is NOT what I have in mind.

Nope, you've seen my marking/sweeping whatever videos when we did the LFNOs - deploy this bike as the marker and the footage will be more than adequate action wise.

Lack of cc? Give me a break, I had a 125cc that went from 0-100 in 5 seconds.

Guest B_E_N

now are u saying u very experienced and can go very fast?

have u consider the speed diff of a 125z and actual speed?

Safety for all riders is always top of the priority for me personally.

Everything else can be compromised, except for rider safety.

Route is being planned out, and it will be scouted for potential road hazards and road diversions etc before the convoy for safety reasons.

There will be safety briefings on day itself, and as long as everyone follows the main basic rules of convoy riding, safety will not be an issue.

Reason for preference of bigger cc rides to act as marker/sweeper is obvious.

If there is someone breaching the safety rules or some other potential dangers to the convoy, we need someone fast enuff to warn / prevent. While we will not be riding faster than speed limit, it is always better to have a bike with faster pickup to act as markers / sweepers. Dont you guys agree?

However, the above is also subjected to the rider exp. I would prefer a rider with experience, especially good safety consciousness rather than someone with a fast bike but no exp. So riders with these qualities, pls do volunteer ur name in asap.

Even if all riders conform to the safety rules, there will be other hazards like cars cutting in between the convoy etc.

I do not have much worries, as from what I see, there are many experienced riders, many of whom I had convoyed / rode with. Within the convoy itself, exp riders also play an impt role in ensuring the convoy safety by looking out for the less exp riders especially during overtaking etc.

We may have drivers joining us, and I will prefer them to be video-ing than a rider. Riders with mounted cams are welcomed as well, and we will do the arrangements on that day itself that will not compromise convoy safety.

So relax, and lets wait for the details to be posted up.

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

Messy riding? for the record I refuse to go out with the "bollywood outing group" since last month due to their "messy riding".

Randomly cutting in and out of the convoy is NOT what I have in mind.

Nope, you've seen my marking/sweeping whatever videos when we did the LFNOs - deploy this bike as the marker and the footage will be more than adequate action wise.

Lack of cc? Give me a break, I had a 125cc that went from 0-100 in 5 seconds.

dont take it personal, and since Organizers are taken the burden dont think much and enjoy the ride and ofcuz foodz...

and how long does it take ur 125 cc to stop from 100~0 ? with brembo brakes and oversized disc ?

Safety for all riders is always top of the priority for me personally.

Everything else can be compromised, except for rider safety.

Route is being planned out, and it will be scouted for potential road hazards and road diversions etc before the convoy for safety reasons.

There will be safety briefings on day itself, and as long as everyone follows the main basic rules of convoy riding, safety will not be an issue.

Reason for preference of bigger cc rides to act as marker/sweeper is obvious.

If there is someone breaching the safety rules or some other potential dangers to the convoy, we need someone fast enuff to warn / prevent. While we will not be riding faster than speed limit, it is always better to have a bike with faster pickup to act as markers / sweepers. Dont you guys agree?

However, the above is also subjected to the rider exp. I would prefer a rider with experience, especially good safety consciousness rather than someone with a fast bike but no exp. So riders with these qualities, pls do volunteer ur name in asap.

Even if all riders conform to the safety rules, there will be other hazards like cars cutting in between the convoy etc.

I do not have much worries, as from what I see, there are many experienced riders, many of whom I had convoyed / rode with. Within the convoy itself, exp riders also play an impt role in ensuring the convoy safety by looking out for the less exp riders especially during overtaking etc.

We may have drivers joining us, and I will prefer them to be video-ing than a rider. Riders with mounted cams are welcomed as well, and we will do the arrangements on that day itself that will not compromise convoy safety.

So relax, and lets wait for the details to be posted up.

up for madman, gosh i miss old riding days of Big Bike Fest and PK Chalet.