SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

<Discussion> Changi Motorsports Hub - CMH

They wont build a permanent track just for GP, F1 or formal events, it does not make financial sense to turn away locals that are willing to pay to use the facility and contribute to revenue.

It is safe to assume in this case that it will be open to the general public.

hAnG lOoSe,

Hartholomew Mamola

The REV Club

For riders, by riders, NOT SOME GREEDY F*CK OUT TO MAKE A BUCK

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=23316&dateline=1271137474&type=profile

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wont build a permanent track just for GP, F1 or formal events, it does not make financial sense to turn away locals that are willing to pay to use the facility and contribute to revenue.

It is safe to assume in this case that it will be open to the general public.

Yes, open to the general public. But at what price?

Surely the Ferrari / Lamborghini / Porsche / GTR club members can afford whatever the price set out by the track operator. Perhaps those driving WRX / Evo / Type R can afford it too.

But what about the rest like us? Are we supposed to continue our pilgrimages up north to Pasir Gudang even though there is a track in our own country? Hopefully not.

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

I have pondered about this topic and I agree with you.

There will be a high chance (although it's too early to say) that we will see very infrequent "track day" events that are probably a few hundred dollars to participate per person. They may stress the importance of insurance, medical facilities, marshalls, track amenities....all those stuff that a fully-fledged track event in an International Formula 1 track has. Just like how other countries' F1 racetracks do it.

All these years of allowing frequent open tracktime events, I wonder how Sepang keeps its track so, um...for the lack of a better word...silky smooth :p

Whilst the track operators will very likely introduce measures to limit their liability when it comes to protecting their facilities, I believe they will have their own insurance to cover this.

In saying that, I totally agree that people shouldn't expect to get off with paying a small token fee such as PG. In fact I don't expect the cost to be low. Everyone knows or believes Singaporeans can PAY. Just look at the World Cup fiasco. They think we are all rich, so they slap some ridiculous price on everything. I don't expect the Sg track to be any different.

It would be silly on their part if they do not at least try to make it as affordable to as many people as possible though. I doubt their marketing team can secure enough corporate events to cover the whole year. Even world famous Nurburgring also opens to the general public when there are no events; charges are around $1000 though :X

I hope Sg Track will set a reasonable price.

I do hope that they will somehow segregate users into various handicap levels though. Either a strict regulatory levels by timing, eg sessions for people faster than x time per lap. Or a less structured way which is to declare certain sessions for say Pro (fast) / Amateur (med) / Beginner (slow), this will allow users to self regulate and book a session suitable for them. So they won't be dangerous to both themselves and other users.

Oh not forgetting limiting numbers on each session!!!!! Don't want traffic jam do we :p

:cool:

everybody, its useless speculating how the whole thing will turn out to be now... be it EXPENSIVE or AFFORDABLE, we are not the 1s managing the facilities. let the operators decide and announce b4 we say anything. speculating it now is making the whole thing like stock market, UPs and DOWNs reading all the posts...

I do hope that they will somehow segregate users into various handicap levels though. Either a strict regulatory levels by timing, eg sessions for people faster than x time per lap. Or a less structured way which is to declare certain sessions for say Pro (fast) / Amateur (med) / Beginner (slow), this will allow users to self regulate and book a session suitable for them. So they won't be dangerous to both themselves and other users.

Oh not forgetting limiting numbers on each session!!!!! Don't want traffic jam do we :p

I wouldn't mind paying more for a trackday run this way, whether run by the circuit management itself or by independent trackday companies.

Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Whilst the track operators will very likely introduce measures to limit their liability when it comes to protecting their facilities, I believe they will have their own insurance to cover this.

In saying that, I totally agree that people shouldn't expect to get off with paying a small token fee such as PG. In fact I don't expect the cost to be low. Everyone knows or believes Singaporeans can PAY. Just look at the World Cup fiasco. They think we are all rich, so they slap some ridiculous price on everything. I don't expect the Sg track to be any different.

It would be silly on their part if they do not at least try to make it as affordable to as many people as possible though. I doubt their marketing team can secure enough corporate events to cover the whole year. Even world famous Nurburgring also opens to the general public when there are no events; charges are around $1000 though :X

I hope Sg Track will set a reasonable price.

traffic jam?

then confirm there will be ERP gantries setup inside the track:angel:

YAMAHA FZ1S ABS 2K12

but if the price is on the high side then we wont be able to go tat often for track session and there wont be any home ground advantage to us since we dun use much. so how are u going to build our future star. i think charges should be affordable to run the facilities and best is that we singaporean got a discount price and it will encourage local to play more than foreigner

but if the price is on the high side then we wont be able to go tat often for track session and there wont be any home ground advantage to us since we dun use much. so how are u going to build our future star. i think charges should be affordable to run the facilities and best is that we singaporean got a discount price and it will encourage local to play more than foreigner

I think the track will be used as a training academy cum motorsports resort with its close proximity to the airport. Customers will fly in, stay in hotel, rent an ariel atom/lotus elise, MV agusta F4/Ducati 1098 or tony kart/CRG kart to blast around the tracks while fully supervised by staff. Should be quite high end. Then customers will check into resorts world or sands to spend whatever money they have left. Singaporeans can forget about having a cheap track day. Another model may be a private country club membership.

It will be like staring at SICC golf course from Macritchie. Its infront of you but cannot play. Still must go MY or batam to play. Motorsports is even higher end than golf. Sad but true. :(

I agree wif Foresight. It'll be another MBS or RWS where only foreigners wif $$$ r more than welcome. All you SG track junkies better steer clear of its premises. Most probably the fee they charge will be much much higher den at SIC n i mean $ for $ exchange rate. So wat future star r we talking bout?? Twinkle, twinkle little STARS???

I agree wif Foresight. It'll be another MBS or RWS where only foreigners wif $$$ r more than welcome. All you SG track junkies better steer clear of its premises. Most probably the fee they charge will be much much higher den at SIC n i mean $ for $ exchange rate. So wat future star r we talking bout?? Twinkle, twinkle little STARS???

You guys make a diff and stop complaining....vote for the opposition next year...and see the difference....

:angry: Its not your bike.....its you who need tuning...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
lets be happy to have a circuit in Singapore and see later what will be the price the length

keep im mind Tuas has been destroyed few months ago, ok just for SM but still it was a circuit

so, shud we thank heaven or gahmen for tis bubble issue?

Guys,

Changi Circuit will be having their ground breaking ceremony on 13th July 2010. You are very much welcome to attend the ceremony. Below are the details :-

Date : Tuesday, 13th July 2010

Time : 1100

Venue *: Changi Exhibition Centre

Address : Aviation Park Road

Light refreshment will be served.

If you are unfamiliar with the Venue location, it is the same venue used for airshow and drifting.

You can also contact Mr. Pete @ 97627011 or Myself @ 8100 46 46 for further info.

Cheers

http://photos-519.friendster.com/e1/photos/91/53/29333519/29650247456167l.jpg

lol no matter the cost, its gonna take the support of the locals to keep it up and running. now that the govt has given trackies a chance, its time to show them that a local track is economically viable and sustainable.

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/gimages/lego-cycle-helmet.jpg this is not me! :cheeky:

In Mar 2010, the Singapore Sports Council announced that SG Changi Private Limited (SG Changi) has been selected to design, build, finance and manage the Changi Motorsports Hub.

Reported to cost S$330 million to develop, the circuit is tentatively scheduled to be operational by end of next year.

On 13 Jul 10, Singaporebikes.com, together with the car, karting and media had been invited to witness the historical and significant ground-breaking ceremony for Singapore's first permanent motorsports facility - The Changi Motorsports Hub (CMH).

Changi Motorsports Hub (CMH) Ground-Breaking Ceremony

Date : 13 Jul 10

Time : 10.30am

Meetup Venue : Aviation Park Road

Programme

- Gather @ Meetup venue

- Proceed together to CMH

- Ground-breaking ceremony

- Light refreshment

- End of event

Note : Limited slots, registration on first-come-first-secure basis

e.g S/no / Nick / Bike