SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Friday Night Bikers

Lol depends what kind of email lor.

I deal with a lot of banks and help them obtain documents for loan security. Email allows me to list down everything that is necessary to complete the case and state very clearly its the Bank's requirements. Talking usually gets people confused.

Imagine trying to explain carburettor theory and 1940-80s carb engine performance tuning to a lay person, for instance :D

If you explain normally, someone will just stand up and say loud loud "GOT POWER BECAUSE VALVE OPEN!!! :-))))))))"

Wth, there are NO valves to open. It's called a main jet and optional accelerator / enrichment circuits supported by a lot of Victorian-esque vacuum control theory. All engines have a certain type of power curve based on factory tuning and vehicle purpose! (that's where the massive confusion starts, don't even imagine EFI related explanations. Not only got mechanical bits open, got ECU mapping and oxygen sensors ah, dun pray pray)

However, just show people a aircraft engine checklist from the 1940s and instantly, there is understanding. Rich for hot climate / takeoff power, lean for high altitude / cold climate / fuel efficient cruising :D Yes, no need to buy new bike, just configure for 100 miles per gallon at 100kph. Why mechanics don't know? They don't have pilot's license mah! :D

Therefore World War 2 checklist a.k.a. the email option sometimes is preferred :D

I deal with a lot of banks and help them obtain documents for loan security. Email allows me to list down everything that is necessary to complete the case and state very clearly its the Bank's requirements. Talking usually gets people confused.

Imagine trying to explain carburettor theory and 1940-80s carb engine performance tuning to a lay person, for instance :D

If you explain normally, someone will just stand up and say loud loud "GOT POWER BECAUSE VALVE OPEN!!! :-))))))))"

Wth, there are NO valves to open. It's called a main jet and optional accelerator / enrichment circuits supported by a lot of Victorian-esque vacuum control theory. All engines have a certain type of power curve based on factory tuning and vehicle purpose! (that's where the massive confusion starts, don't even imagine EFI related explanations. Not only got mechanical bits open, got ECU mapping and oxygen sensors ah, dun pray pray)

However, just show people a aircraft engine checklist from the 1940s and instantly, there is understanding. Rich for hot climate / takeoff power, lean for high altitude / cold climate / fuel efficient cruising :D Yes, no need to buy new bike, just configure for 100 miles per gallon at 100kph. Why mechanics don't know? They don't have pilot's license mah! :D

Therefore World War 2 checklist a.k.a. the email option sometimes is preferred :D

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Explain to layman is waste time, waste sliver and waste energy la... lolx

Imagine i study 2 years how to remove the hole bloody engine, but never study how to remove all the wiring.. lolx

Who what where when?

no doubt it can't squeeze btw vehicles in tight gaps, it is somehow imposing..moreso if the rims/wheels were to be bigger..

a 1000cc monster in a lighter chassis than a car though compared to 2 wheeler 1 litre bikes, the power/speed might pale due to heavier chassis/structure

2002-2002: Suzuki DR200

2002-2007: Yamaha DT200R

2007-2011: Honda CBF150

2011-2013: Honda CB400SFS1

2012-2015: Honda CBR1100XX

2013-2015: Yamaha FZ6S1

2015-2017: SYM Maxsym 400i

2015-PRESENT: Yamaha TMAX 530

2017-PRESENT: BMW R1200GSA

2017-PRESENT: Yamaha Sniper 150

Haha... 3 wheelers are sooo big and clumsy IMHO, and are by no means considered a fast vehicle in the world of 2 wheelers... ;)

Lol! But I like the challenge planning the route so you can park the 'battleship' safely. Minimises visits to overcrowded locations which some of us are allergic to.

For crazy bikers like me who enjoy following cars, 3 wheels is perfect.

Suddenly the Piaggo MP3 125 has gotten into next year's shopping list :)

I think if you already have a main vehicle for commuting and errands, the Spyder is the perfect leisure machine for 40k. 40k can't even get a lousy car thanks to super inflated car prices and COE, while 40k for a Spyder is sportscar like handling and performance.

Might not be as lightning quick as some superbikes but omg, everyone within a quarter mile radius stares at the Spyder.

It's faster than everyone else because everyone slows down to gawk at the Spyder. No need to rev to 10,000rpm or have long hair to get attention :3

@tankee1981 always says we have something new in the kopitiam engineering research division and this week is no exception. I will have foglights or helmet mounted spotlights (like Battlestar Galactica :p) to test this Friday night.

Unlike those sold at Motoworld or other bike shops they don't cost $80 each.

It's just $8... high intensity LEDs from Cash Converters. Ha!

If I have time to go to Funan / Sim Lim then I can do USB powered running lights too. Not for the bike. On the rider's jacket or helmet. No need to spend $600 on Akuma helmet, if you have those handy little USB battery packs for mobile phone use.

http://di105.shoppingshadow.com/images/di/35/32/63/776f6a3070304f35395050356d616f76466451-149x149-0-0.jpg

Oh.. there will also be a portable battery powered cup warmer... for those times where you want your Earl Grey hot during field trips to the secret hilltop facility we went last week...

That or warm food up using hot engines :D

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

Suddenly wonders how Spyder will do on a racetrack. Faster around corner then a superbike you reckon? Braking should be better due to more contact points. Whats it's top speed :p

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[

I think if you already have a main vehicle for commuting and errands, the Spyder is the perfect leisure machine for 40k. 40k can't even get a lousy car thanks to super inflated car prices and COE, while 40k for a Spyder is sportscar like handling and performance.

Might not be as lightning quick as some superbikes but omg, everyone within a quarter mile radius stares

at the Spyder.

It's faster than everyone else because everyone slows down to gawk at the Spyder. No need to rev to 10,000rpm or have long hair to get attention :3

@tankee1981 always says

we have something new in the kopitiam engineering research division and this week is no exception. I will have foglights or helmet mounted spotlights (like Battlestar Galactica :p) to test this Friday night.

If I have time to go to Funan / Sim Lim then I can do USB powered running lights too. Not for the bike.

On the rider's jacket or helmet. No need to spend $600 on Akuma helmet, if you have those handy little USB battery packs for mobile phone use.

http://di105.shoppingshadow.com/images/di/35/32/63/776f6a3070304f35395050356d616f76466451-149x149-0-0.jpg

Oh.. there will also be a portable battery powered cup warmer... for those times where you want your Earl Grey hot during field trips to the secret hilltop facility we went last week...

Reminds me of the can of baked beans....not very successful then, I have to add...

Might not be as lightning quick as some superbikes but omg, everyone within a quarter mile radius stares at the Spyder.

@tankee1981 always says we have something new in the kopitiam engineering research division and this week is no exception. I will have foglights or helmet mounted spotlights (like Battlestar Galactica :p) to test this Friday night.

If I have time to go to Funan / Sim Lim then I can do USB powered running lights too. Not for the bike. On the rider's jacket or helmet. No need to spend $600 on Akuma helmet, if you have those handy little USB battery packs for mobile phone use.

Reminds me of the times in army when I used to warm up my rations on my hot recce jeep bonnet!

Invited liao, sms me leh :-)

Sent from my hong kong gangsta phone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I will not be able to join for rounding tomorrow. Need to attend something else. A pity it isn't on Saturday :p

Lol. R1 booked me on Friday already last week

Sent from my hong kong gangsta phone using Tapatalk

Cant' make it this week man. Have to be up on Sat morning. Have a great and a safe ride :thumb:

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[