SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Friday Night Bikers

personally I thought episode 2 was by far the coolest, clearly showing the whole convoy strength in movement at first light, travelling in formation and having the highway all by ourselves. And not to mention the part where the recon team cleared up the new route for the main group to move ahead!! :D

I just saw in the video the "two men" walking towards the Seletar end of the bridge just as main force started off. Spooky. There was also the ah pek phantom sneaking up the pavement like a ninja using some planks to mount the kerb. @tankee1981 did inform me beforehand the route could be usable by road-going traffic already.

Noted your comment earlier that we should adopt an alternate night and day schedule for the rides; this we should put up for discussion first because I find the dawn schedule is much more entertaining and safer too for everyone. Human alertness tends to "increase" at first light, whereas at midnight there is always a natural slump in alertness no matter how much preparation is put in beforehand.

There aren't any "super speeders" or street racers around in the morning, I notice, and normally busy roads are empty and ripe for some peaceful cruising. Feels a bit like a post-apocalyptic movie rolling through deserted Punggol at 6am. For those like me who are a bit allergic to crowds, its the perfect place to be :)

We should probably try to visit Anchorvale Mac again at the same time, see if we can catch the Steed and CBR6 again. I tried Google searching for his group (Hard Riders SG) but didn't manage to find any website or forum dedicated to his group.

come join the ride, so you can ask the owner personally. hehe... http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/images/smilies/icon-wink.gif

@Isopropyl Yep you have to do that lol. Its fun.

Some BRP Can Am Spyder info here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRP_Can-Am_Spyder_Roadster

Morning guys...i hurt my right 3rd and 4th toe...

Saturday night, while i park at a carpark area, it was abit of slope. so i had bit of difficulties while mounted on bike tried to move it forward.

I decided to dismount push the bike..however, lost my balance the side stand landed on my 3rd and 4th toe.

It slide its way down...So yeah was bleeding. Skin got tear off! however it was not that serious but still hurts. I think it's gonna take 3-4 weeks for it to complete Recover

Ride safe guys!

Imagine if it was Hayabusha, that's it! my bones will be factured for sure!

Saturday night, while i park at a carpark area, it was abit of slope. so i had bit of difficulties while mounted on bike tried to move it forward.

I decided to dismount push the bike..however, lost my balance the side stand landed on my 3rd and 4th toe.

It slide its way down...So yeah was bleeding. Skin got tear off! however it was not that serious but still hurts. I think it's gonna take 3-4 weeks for it to complete Recover

Ride safe guys!

Wow... take care bro...

just a word of advice... try to wear proper pair of shoes when riding... ;P

Speedy recovery!

Ride safe guys!

Oh my, take care bro! try to avoid slopes if possible for parking.

Last time when I rode phantom it's the same thing. Sometimes at slope, I don't have enought strength to push the bike in any cases I need to push the bike. Lucky those times I have crash bar. Saved my legs alot of times, including skids.

And agree with spyder, wear covered shoes =) and also try to wear jeans or long pants while riding. More protection =D

Adventure.

Ride safe guys!

Aiyo...careful bro. Is the bike ok as well? Scars from accident while riding can be worn like a badge of honor....scars due to injuries from trying to park your bike in the carpark....pai seh sia wahahaha! :p :P :p

Aiyo...careful bro. Is the bike ok as well? Scars from accident while riding can be worn like a badge of honor....scars due to injuries from trying to park your bike in the carpark....pai seh sia wahahaha! :p :P :p

The story depends on the storyteller ;) can always act abit hahaha. Hope ur alright bro eternity. Take care.

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[

hey guys i am back .. lol .. after all the overseas and reservist :bounce:

how are u guys doing ?

Welcome to Singapore. Can ducati ride at 5.30am? :D

Meanwhile, in the kopitiam engineering department, I am considering creating LED pilot lights based on cheap computer parts. I don't like modifying electricals for ancient rust buckets (like mine) and I have an excellent Eneloop battery pack that I seldom use. USB accessories for motorcycle use. Lmao.

Bike wash I wanna join, I until now still dunno how to clean grim off sprockets...

Cnt find diesel or kerosense...

For this dilemma I have a new skill from Planet Motors.

Use fish tank plastic pump to obtain fuel from your own fuel tank.

Nothing beats the feeling of using your own fuel to clean your own engine internals lol. (Ah chong made me a custom 'racing' clutch out of non standard parts last week!)

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

Today my turn to kena accident ..

While riding back home, just at the T junction outside my house, there is this comfort taxi that is stationary halfway in the yellow junction box with hazard light on.

Guess he is picking up passengers.

He was blocking my right turn path in, so I turned into the opposing lane to get back to my carpark.

THEN, this taxi driver, which I believed wasn't paying attention to his front, just step on the accelerator to move off.

Knocked me down and the skid destroyed the the whole left side of my bike . The foot rest and gear lever broke off as well, so got to push back the bike.

He asked me want to pay or not, say if claim I will incur thouands, because got to change bumper.

I said no, and he said go claim insurance. I say go ahead, and went back and do my own claim and accident report.

Half and hour later, he called me, and say if I want to settle privately. then just ask me pay $50 to fix his number plate.

Apparently nothing much was damaged on his taxi, and still want to claim from me. I shove him off and say we go to insurance and logde for claim.

Damn pissed off man!!

Adventure.

Hope there won't be any more bad news here.

I am not a very experienced rider but I can share what I have learned so far about taxi drivers.

Stay a safe distance from other vehicles especially taxis as they may suddenly change speed and direction at any time. Don't assume you know what the driver is gonna do next as it's hard to predict. The passenger may suddenly want to go by this way instead of the one before, driver is not familiar with the area but rushing to look for a particular address etc.

I learned in NS while in Armour is to maintain eye contact with the driver. When the driver look at you in the eyes means he/she knows you are there and vice versa. One of the best way to stay out of each others way. The worst thing to do is to assume you are seen just because you can see them. Bikes are small and not very visible especially at night.

Hope this can help.

Today my turn to kena accident ..

While riding back home, just at the T junction outside my house, there is this comfort taxi that is stationary halfway in the yellow junction box with hazard light on.

Guess he is picking up passengers.

He was blocking my right turn path in, so I turned into the opposing lane to get back to my carpark.

THEN, this taxi driver, which I believed wasn't paying attention to his front, just step on the accelerator to move off.

Knocked me down and the skid destroyed the the whole left side of my bike . The foot rest and gear lever broke off as well, so got to push back the bike.

He asked me want to pay or not, say if claim I will incur thouands, because got to change bumper.

I said no, and he said go claim insurance. I say go ahead, and went back and do my own claim and accident report.

Half and hour later, he called me, and say if I want to settle privately. then just ask me pay $50 to fix his number plate.

Apparently nothing much was damaged on his taxi, and still want to claim from me. I shove him off and say we go to insurance and logde for claim.

Damn pissed off man!!

Wtf....that fker was trying to makan you. Well-done on your part. I hope you are ok too. Remember to see doctor and take mc. Best if can get for 3 days. Make police report with ur mc and claim his ass off.

Omg shunpo now your turn. Tat taxi driver is an a$$ seriously.

But u are ok right? No injuries?

U need to claim from him man!

Whole set of fairing i believe is gonna cost u 300+

Footress sells in a set also. $150+ if i am not wrong.

Gear lever i not very sure

Heavy Casulties on our team currently =(

Edited by eternity83

I am not a very experienced rider but I can share what I have learned so far about taxi drivers.

Stay a safe distance from other vehicles especially taxis as they may suddenly change speed and direction at any time. Don't assume you know what the driver is gonna do next as it's hard to predict. The passenger may suddenly want to go by this way instead of the one before, driver is not familiar with the area but rushing to look for a particular address etc.

I learned in NS while in Armour is to maintain eye contact with the driver. When the driver look at you in the eyes means he/she knows you are there and vice versa. One of the best way to stay out of each others way. The worst thing to do is to assume you are seen just because you can see them. Bikes are small and not very visible especially at night.

Hope this can help.

You pretty much read my mind on the topic. I don't believe in a lot of the common "riding safely" rules commonly enforced by veteran riding and touring groups because frankly, just look at the common road dangers today.

If you're on 2 wheels you will be at a disadvantage in any situation so situational awareness is important. As @Shunpo experienced, the most silly things can happen and the motorcyclist is always made to bear the blame.

Therefore I don't wear armour, I use superior handling and acceleration to get out of harm's way (fighter pilot thinking...).

But as we all know sh1t happens and we can only try and learn some things from the mishap and move on. Accidents are accidents... but sometimes the root causes of them can be predicted.

And yes, there is a reason why I ALWAYS give way to taxis or let them move off first from the traffic lights, as I did at Sengkang last weekend. Sometimes the driver is not 100% alert and they do appreciate motorcyclists helping keep an eye out for them.

In this case, stopping deliberately behind the other vehicle allows me to "lock on" to the driver and monitor his next moves while my machine is positioned squarely in his right mirror.

As @tankee1981 says, locking on eye contact on the driver does afford some advantage, especially when the other party notices you as well.

One good way to test this principle is on an empty expressway on a late night.

Normally, everyone just minds their own business cruising on the TPE at 100+kph going home.

Position yourself so that you are on the slow lane, monitor the faster cars overtaking you on lane 2. When you see them coming, track them in your right mirror and shift your bike to the "left" side of the lane slightly.

You will notice, that when the other driver passes you, he purposely moves his/her vehicle to the outside part of the lane too, as though in recognition of your unnecessary "give a bit more space" maneuver.

These are just some small little tips I have to make motorcycling safer and more enjoyable for everyone - just don't look like a "blur commuter" hogging the road :) And if you're keeping a sharp eye out for "unusual" situations, that's a big bonus.

Sometimes evasive action won't save you from an accident, but prediction does prevent it in the first place.

Hope this can help.

There was this once a m113 was following a bikee. The bikee buang cause the terrain was rough and it was very dark. The m113 driver didn't see the fallen biker. Luckily the bikee when falling he threw the bike and jumped into the bushes. The tank ran over the bike.

When we ride, there is no right of way. Always be defensive while riding. That is one of the reasons why I like going out with you guys. Safety is never compromised. :thumb:

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[