SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[CDC] Class 2B (2010)

are road practical much harder than circuit prac?

slightly much more harder.. you may think its simple but out on the road its a totally different playing field, most of my points that i got from prac 8 was from outside..

Edited by Adrik smirnov

if your bike ain't dirty, your not riding it enough

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I'm new here.. just like to ask..

I'm going for my Prac 6 soon is it hard to pass? as it's been a long time since I went for lessons while waiting for my RTT..

and do I need to pass both my Prac 6, 7, 8 & DRT 1, 2, 3 before I can book my TP?

Thanks in advance =)

I'm going for my Prac 6 soon is it hard to pass? as it's been a long time since I went for lessons while waiting for my RTT..

and do I need to pass both my Prac 6, 7, 8 & DRT 1, 2, 3 before I can book my TP?

Thanks in advance =)

u need to pass ur pract8 and attended drt 1,2,3 then u can book ur tp. :)

like that kan dong 1 yr. anw its not worth it if u got caught, 1yr kan dong ur license + need to start from scratch. all the waiting and $. :(

yay i passed pract5 today. :) next wk RTT!

How was it? Any tips? I did CR today, and did quite ok with all the obstacles, but i still dunno how i fare for figure 8 got no one time for me...

Thanks chipsmore!

btw I'm considering to buy a new bike or a 2nd hand bike cos I'm going into the army soon and dun think NS pay can support much and if I get 2nd bike dun know will kena chop or later the bike will have lots of problems.. any suggestions?

Go get an experienced biker friend or someone whom knows how to maintain bikes

How was it? Any tips? I did CR today, and did quite ok with all the obstacles, but i still dunno how i fare for figure 8 got no one time for me...

next time you go for CR and you see those in fig.8 lesson, join the queue and ask the instructor standing there with stop watch to help keep time for your turn.

yups i was the first number so i guess i did fairly well? the points they give more or less is confirmed 10pts one. haha.

anyways personal tips:

1) safety check + checking of blind spots [killer].

2) release clutch after reached top of slope, applying of engine brake for coming down slope.

3) don't inch out after slope, check right & left.

4) fig8 practise more? eyeline v v impt.

5) crank course before come out be prepared to stop to give way to oncoming traffic including the one opposite whereby car come out to turn their right. check right + left before moving off if u stopped behind the yellow box.

6) narrow plank go up fast and footbrake+clutch control will do, i nv throttle when i'm up just clutch control and footbrake. eyeline look at the cone. drop from plank = immed fail

7) slalom don't hit any cones? throttle abit everytime u pass 1 cone then use footbrake? check right blindspot before exiting slalom. drop cone = immed fail.

8) ebrake check speedo before u close to the white line, lock ur arms. basically the proper technique. front brake don't release at all times! brake before red line.(past red line = immed fail)

9) OFF ur signal after entering fig8, before enter plank and before entering ebrake.

Edited by chipsmore

don't go saturday lah. confirm long Q!

later you angry and burn down the school. :mad:

i waited almost 3 hours to get mine endorsed even on a weekday! :faint::faint::faint:

hahaha ! this time i bring someone accompany me...

i only free on weekends lahh .. coz i working office hours 8 to 5 in westside.. by the time i reach eastside confirm ard 6 liao....

Thanks in advance =)

it's best to book 2 lessons of prac 6 coz it's hard to pass on first try. coz prac 6 only at night, which is = 2 lessons PER DAY. if u only book one lesson and you fail, chances are you need to wiat 1 or 2 weeks minimum to book the next lesson. but if u wanna book 2 lessons at one go, better to book the lessons with a 2 days buffer. in case you really lucky and pass on first attempt, then you can cancel the other lesson and get back your refund.

Thanks chipsmore!

btw I'm considering to buy a new bike or a 2nd hand bike cos I'm going into the army soon and dun think NS pay can support much and if I get 2nd bike dun know will kena chop or later the bike will have lots of problems.. any suggestions?

1 : DONT BUY 2 STROKE BIKE

2 : Get an experienced friend, dont go to the shop alone coz confirm kena chop.

thanks chipsmore! nice tips. i shall try using your plank tactic as it's my worst obstacle. i always end up losing balance halfway as i fiddle too much with throttle/clutch/rearbrake until no control over bike.

dont kacau throttle. throttle just to go up the plank. after that fliddle2 clutch, dont release too much clutch, rearbrake wise, dont jam on the rearbrake otherwise u will jerk. and eyeline, look at the cone yup, or just look far. imagine got pretty minah in front then dowant to malu coz u drop off plank. but dont imagine got pretty minah at night la. skali kakak pontianak. haha !

dear STALKER on SGBikes.com ,

YOU CAN SUCK MY MIDDLE FINGER DEEP DEEP !

regards,

yours truly.

yups i was the first number so i guess i did fairly well? the points they give more or less is confirmed 10pts one. haha.

anyways personal tips:

1) safety check + checking of blind spots [killer].

2) release clutch after reached top of slope, applying of engine brake for coming down slope.

3) don't inch out after slope, check right & left.

4) fig8 practise more? eyeline v v impt.

5) crank course before come out be prepared to stop to give way to oncoming traffic including the one opposite whereby car come out to turn their right. check right + left before moving off if u stopped behind the yellow box.

6) narrow plank go up fast and footbrake+clutch control will do, i nv throttle when i'm up just clutch control and footbrake. eyeline look at the cone. drop from plank = immed fail

7) slalom don't hit any cones? throttle abit everytime u pass 1 cone then use footbrake? check right blindspot before exiting slalom. drop cone = immed fail.

8) ebrake check speedo before u close to the white line, lock ur arms. basically the proper technique. front brake don't release at all times! brake before red line.(past red line = immed fail)

9) OFF ur signal after entering fig8, before enter plank and before entering ebrake.

Thanks for the tips, I must rmb off signal and on again in Fig 8, always forget 1 sia.

I ask the instructor abt the crank course going out that time, if car opposite side waiting to turn right still can go. Only when the car moving off alrdy then must stop... correct?

thanks chipsmore! nice tips. i shall try using your plank tactic as it's my worst obstacle. i always end up losing balance halfway as i fiddle too much with throttle/clutch/rearbrake until no control over bike.

What i do is get enough speed at the start to get balance then maintain speed by clutch control only, when reaching the end, i slow down abit to get that few seconds/milliseconds more.

by the way there was one time i almost kena knocked down at paedestrain crossing INSIDE cdc (u know the one from canteen to bike area) omg this woman (middle aged) in private car moving slowly about 15km/h. so i ASSUME she will stop cos im already like 2 steps into the corssing already. and then lucky im quite a paranoid person will look at the car make sure it stops before i will look ahead and walk across. then, OMG SHE DIDNT STOP AND CONTINUE MOVING TOWARDS ME AND SHE WAS SO BLOODY NEAR i quickly step back and stared in shock at her. the instructor beside her was like shaking his head and smiling in denial. SHE DAMN GOOD.

i have to say. fig 8 is the bane of my existence. XD and i very pek chek after slope everytime u want to move off, alot of cars jamming and moving endlessly past you. ERGH.

Yup, it takes forever, worst of all r the cars, move like tortoise like tt. Sometimes practice, wait so long alrdy tu lan just go when got space, luckily instructor nvr see lol...

by the way there was one time i almost kena knocked down at paedestrain crossing INSIDE cdc (u know the one from canteen to bike area) omg this woman (middle aged) in private car moving slowly about 15km/h. so i ASSUME she will stop cos im already like 2 steps into the corssing already. and then lucky im quite a paranoid person will look at the car make sure it stops before i will look ahead and walk across. then, OMG SHE DIDNT STOP AND CONTINUE MOVING TOWARDS ME AND SHE WAS SO BLOODY NEAR i quickly step back and stared in shock at her. the instructor beside her was like shaking his head and smiling in denial. SHE DAMN GOOD.

lol... I rmb last friday i taking CR, the 2 ppl infront of me also taking CR reaching pedestrian crossing. Got 1 instructor wanna cross road, but purposely stop there see first bike got stop or nt. First bike slow down and stop, 2nd bike dunno dreaming or what brake so slow then buang first bike. Instructor shake head lol... Luckily it's just a small nudge...

first bike already stop slowly still can kenna ram from behind :confused:

2nd rider must really be dreaming.

i also kenna bang in the circuit before. i stopped just outside the nursery on the opposite lane, waiting for car to clear before i can turn right into nursery, suddenly an indian girl came and banged right into me from behind. the impact caused the blue light cover on the handle bar to drop off onto the road.

when i turned back in shock, she still can laugh and say sorry.

wahlau...we not using bumper car in arcade you know :slapforehead:

actually we are all learners, i assume every single one in the cdc circuit makes mistakes and it just the matter of when and what kind of mistakes.

the 2 pedestrian crossings in cdc is the most deadly places. For car TP ppl usually fail because many jokers don't know L plate L plate means TP and walk slowly/dash out suddenly to cause people fail. The crossing from carpark to the bike training place. Personally when i'm around that crossing i look out for them and just pretend i'm waiting for someone at the side after they move off then i cross because failing TP isn't funny. The emotional distress and $$$

2nd is the one from canteen to the bikes. L plates car and bikes having circuit eval/pract 8 eval/even pract1 ppl not even familiar with ebrake or effective braking. Do look out for them and please don't cause them to fail too. U won't die if u just wait at the road side but DO NOTE if they know u have the intention to cross they will slow down and stop. Just walk really fast and don't obstruct them.

i got scolded by a car instructor because the car changed lane very near me and nearly knocked onto me. Instructor winded down the windows and scolded me for not checking. lol. when obviously its his fault for swerving out but i think hes not fit to be a car instructor because he accused me and even if i really made the mistake he should advice me and not blaming me for not checking. i think i was in pract2 2nd time, obviously i checked before i moved out. -.-

do practise safety and really allow people to make mistakes even its in circuit. haha. :)

i think it is very bad to stand around the zebra crossings and pretend to be doing something else.

cos you might not know it, but it is very obvious!

you might be trying to let the vehicles go so they don't have to stop for you, that's nice, but in actual fact, you make them more nervous by just hanging out by the side cos they don't know whether to stop or not to stop, what if you jump onto the road suddenly?

i have encountered such people many times. i think the best help you can give to them is to approach the pedestrian crossing slowly, pause for a sec indicating you wish to cross and then proceed.

all vehicles whether bike or car should already be slowing down when approaching the area so it is actually good practise for them to learn to stop for pedestrians and it is part and parcel of the lesson.

don't dilly dally around the area and make them nervous instead. if they are taking test, this will cause them more points cos you make them unsure how to react to your presence and most likely they will fumble and make a bigger mistake!

Nopes i stand around the benches area to see if there's any TP cars anot. It is made very obvious i'm not crossing. Of course if u approach the zebra crossing and pretend to be doing something else it's bad. There are many many people who are unaware of themselves as a pedestrians. I've seen bike learners and car learners as pedestrians and super indecisive of whether to cross or not and dashing out or take their own sweet time to cross. Seen many examples of people helping people to fail cars TP including my friends'. This kind u can't really prevent and by that time ur left leg if manual car will be super tired from all the half-clutch and stopping after circuit.

Edited by chipsmore

no la i just keep a lookout for them because i got too many friends telling me they failed because of jokers suddenly cross the crossing when they started to move off. immediate fail because of that.

when i was learning cl3 my instructor always scold me got people crossing or look like crossing why still move, immediate fail. it was pretty drilled in my head and many times he jammed my brakes because i was not slowing down near crossings so i was super paranoid and fearful during my tp also.

ok anyways out of topic liao. can't wait for my rtt and pract 6 hahaha. what to expect for pract6 ah? i only know its at evening/night slots only. do i need to do some etrial before i go for my rtt for refresher? i went for IE without etrial and i went for 1 etrial only last time and did 6papers all at least 94%. I feel that going down cdc just for etrial a bit the waste $ and time for me? any advice?

ok anyways out of topic liao. can't wait for my rtt and pract 6 hahaha. what to expect for pract6 ah? i only know its at evening/night slots only. do i need to do some etrial before i go for my rtt for refresher? i went for IE without etrial and i went for 1 etrial only last time and did 6papers all at least 94%. I feel that going down cdc just for etrial a bit the waste $ and time for me? any advice?

I did 3 e-trials and completed all 10 papers and aimed for 100% on my 3rd e-trial be4 going for my IE... and got a safe 100% :) best to complete all of the papers as i rmb like paper 9/10 gt some questions u nvr see be4, well at least for me. I'd say go down and do them.

Tmr is my CR then my lesson 5 (O.O)

@chipsmore: When's yr RTT and lesson 6?

RTT(23/10) this coming sat. Pract6 should be either next mon evening or wed evening.(25/10 or 27/10) :)

gd luck for ur pract 5! be steady and don't do any immed! :) steady steady.

most probably go down 1 day after sch for 1 etrial and whack the remaining 4-5papers. :) just in case if not i can wait till cows come home for the re-RTT

RTT(23/10) this coming sat. Pract6 should be either next mon evening or wed evening.(25/10 or 27/10) :)

gd luck for ur pract 5! be steady and don't do any immed! :) steady steady.

most probably go down 1 day after sch for 1 etrial and whack the remaining 4-5papers. :) just in case if not i can wait till cows come home for the re-RTT

Thx! After reading my Record Book i noticed got so many chances to immed, so scary...