SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Hi guys and gals,

been reading your posts and find it very interesting that there are quite a no. of local places that can go for riding especially those off the usual travel routes. Hope all don't mind me tagging along. Hopefully, your younger group could accept a 30+++ rider tagging along.

Another question, I keep hearing Planet Motors being mentioned for some maintenance and stuff, are they good at tuning carburetors?

I'll only entertain small groups due to safety issues. We can't exactly fit large convoys through my city courses either. If you're free this weekend I'll be up for a Saturday evening run. Sorry, attendance by invitation only.

Planet Motors - They're an honest business with a good reputation for mechanical servicing and repairs. Their engine overhauls are amongst the fastest I've seen (

Carb wise it'll be nice to just get a general setting from the shop then DIY it. If it's a certain bike make and model I can even do it myself for that silent-running high performance setting.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday, to catch some sun, shop at Motoworld, disturb Ah Chong and pout while saying that my bike can go 14,000kms without needing Ah Chong to fix it lmao.

@crazydj - I still don't have your contact despite the sheer amount of magical fuel penguin related discussions, this is a good time to catch up lol.

I might just be headed directly to motoworld (after lunchtime) as I don't have anything for Chong to do.

Sorry, attendance by invitation only.

Just so everyone is clear - it's not a hostile statement just that I need to know who is tagging along so I can plan ahead. I don't entertain street racers, those who show up with empty fuel tanks, running out of 2T, persons with funny requests etc.

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

Just so everyone is clear - it's not a hostile statement just that I need to know who is tagging along so I can plan ahead. I don't entertain street racers, those who show up with empty fuel tanks, running out of 2T, persons with funny requests etc.

does this mean the hougang riders and me are no longer welcomed? :cry:

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

not sure.. lol even me oso not welcome ar. lol

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/313699_10150779316335506_903385505_20423345_2531802_n.jpg?dl=1

Class 2B >> 03/06/2010 (2nd att)

-Honda NSR 150 SP FU4XXXT (Sold)

-Yamaha Lagenda T110 FX6XXXJ (currently)

Class 2A >> 12/10/2011 (2nd att)

-Honda RVF 400 NC35 FP1XXXA (currently)

Class 3 >> 16/05/2011 (1st att)

- still saving

does this mean the hougang riders and me are no longer welcomed? :cry:

LOL we haven't even "met" for real. That was more like flash mob pillow fight.

I can play with big convoy but the key to that I feel is "the right time". Phantom Knights giant convoy was fun as participants trained 1+ month to get the coordination and strategy right. Me joining Hougang convoy would also require similar preparation if anything, out of respect for the whole group.

Right now my interest is in DIY tuning so I tend to 'borrow' Phantoms to play with... Since I'm so busy with work, kids, etc, small outings that appear and disappear fast are what I prefer.

does this mean the hougang riders and me are no longer welcomed?

At least i know we will always be welcomed in Hougang Riders.

@Pandora's Kitten :3 I was looking forward to discuss some aspects of tuning after the convoy ride but you went missing halfway. Argh. Next time perhaps.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

am i invited?

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

Saturday, to catch some sun, shop at Motoworld, disturb Ah Chong and pout while saying that my bike can go 14,000kms without needing Ah Chong to fix it lmao.

@crazydj - I still don't have your contact despite the sheer amount of magical fuel penguin related discussions, this is a good time to catch up lol.

I might just be headed directly to motoworld (after lunchtime) as I don't have anything for Chong to do.

Looks like you're quite selective about who rides with you. That's ok. Though it would be great to rediscover our homeland with your group.

:dot:TRUST is good,CONTROL is better,

ever heard of MECHANICAL FAILURE?:help:

hmm... i wonder who are the street racers... from our group or your special flight squadron?

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

hmm... i wonder who are the street racers... from our group or your special flight squadron?

Neither actually, just someone that thinks leading the combined convoy at "70kph with gentle acceleration" involved VTEC and 45 degree snap rolls.

It just takes one episode of "short attention span" to ruin my night.

Looks like you're quite selective about who rides with you. That's ok. Though it would be great to rediscover our homeland with your group.

I used to be not so selective until nonsense started appearing such as people turning up in sandals, critically low 2T and refusing to top up because they wanted the branded kind. They, and their friends who help these morons to argue back despite common sense, simply don't need to turn up for the next run.

Organiser is more or less responsible if dismembered body parts start appearing on the road, or if engines start siezing. It's better to remove such possibilities in the first place.

leading the combined convoy at "70kph with gentle acceleration" involved VTEC and 45 degree snap rolls.
And this I do not forgive. I have told said person to not act like an a$$hole since March I believe.

Said person also likes to show up for my rides chronically lacking in sleep and that is not worth risking the entire group over.

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

"70kph with gentle acceleration" involved VTEC

Oops! Must be me! Sorry Guys! My YBR is fitted with VTEC-PTâ„¢.

Very Technically Enhanced Cutesey Penguin-Technologyâ„¢ :cheeky:

http://www.imayknow.com/uploads/images/100109/penguin-chick.jpg

Organiser is more or less responsible if dismembered body parts start appearing on the road' date=' or if engines start siezing. It's better to remove such possibilities in the first place.[/quote']

This, i agree. So if rider is not feeling well, never sleep for so long, drunk, hangover, on pot or whatsoever, it is your responsibility to advice him accordingly before booting him out from the group. Regarding petrol and 2t, i see no issue. Just do a pit stop and make the guy/gal top up. If the person want some maxima 2t at 3am in the morning, then you know you got to can him.

And this I do not forgive. I have told said person to not act like an a$$hole since March I believe.

Said person also likes to show up for my rides chronically lacking in sleep and that is not worth risking the entire group over.

You got to keep all these aside, forgive and take it as a lesson learnt la. We all make mistakes. Some people take longer to learn, that's all. At Hougang Ridersâ„¢, we are strongly encouraged to wear sufficient protective gear and will not take up a leadership role until he/she has learnt the basics of safety and discipline of riding in a convoy.

Edited by crazydj

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Neither actually, just someone that thinks leading the combined convoy at "70kph with gentle acceleration" involved VTEC and 45 degree snap rolls.

It just takes one episode of "short attention span" to ruin my night.

I used to be not so selective until nonsense started appearing such as people turning up in sandals, critically low 2T and refusing to top up because they wanted the branded kind. They, and their friends who help these morons to argue back despite common sense, simply don't need to turn up for the next run.

Organiser is more or less responsible if dismembered body parts start appearing on the road, or if engines start siezing. It's better to remove such possibilities in the first place.

Let me know when your group starts to dwindle down to solo rider and you need someone to accompany.

Used to tour with friends, maybe wrong group, didn't like the idea of riding all the way up to KL, getting drunk and sleep throughout the most of the next day, wake up in the late afternoon and get ready to get drunk again and repeat the process the next day and ride home to SG.

After a while, I started to tour on my own with my GF, who loves the weekend getaways. It was more peaceful and we got to explore more places and most of the time got lost and was fun finding our way back (GPS, too expensive back then, relied on hard copy maps).

The moral of the story is, Pandora's kitten, since you display a wealth of knowledge of the mechanics of riding and upkeeping of a motorcycle, why not share it? For those, who intend to "tag" along should respect the house rules of the trip. If riding with less than desirable attitudes or attires is how you want to do it, then Pandora's kitten's "kitchen" is not the place to cook your "meal"

Msg is not meant to be offensive its just my review and my outmost respect for someone who takes pride in what they do, cos the side effects can sometimes be detrimental.

:dot:TRUST is good,CONTROL is better,

ever heard of MECHANICAL FAILURE?:help:

Is v4 invited? (:

anw, regarding abt the 2t, maybe some 2stroke rider are still new to riding. So they do make some mistakes or careless stuff like going for tour without topping up. I just hope they dont everything also bua stunt to me lah . haha

Edited by samuelftw5

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3506/62342128949007155586100.jpg

人在åš, 天在看

Skid? Haha i think my rear tyre too ****ed up, plastic feel, not rubber feel.

If got P plate like me, maybe still can considered new, but no P plate should be at least have some experience or knowledge le ba. =X

*I don't entertain bullsh*t

Skid? Haha i think my rear tyre too ****ed up, plastic feel, not rubber feel.

If got P plate like me, maybe still can considered new, but no P plate should be at least have some experience or knowledge le ba. =X

hard to say some ppl dont ride immediately after getting their license

boring rider. with a boring bike.

too old to want to appear interesting anymore.

I used to be not so selective until nonsense started appearing such as people turning up in sandals' date=' critically low 2T and refusing to top up because they wanted the branded kind. They, and their friends who help these morons to argue back despite common sense, simply don't need to turn up for the next run.[/quote']

i came with shoes kenny -_-

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/313699_10150779316335506_903385505_20423345_2531802_n.jpg?dl=1

Class 2B >> 03/06/2010 (2nd att)

-Honda NSR 150 SP FU4XXXT (Sold)

-Yamaha Lagenda T110 FX6XXXJ (currently)

Class 2A >> 12/10/2011 (2nd att)

-Honda RVF 400 NC35 FP1XXXA (currently)

Class 3 >> 16/05/2011 (1st att)

- still saving

I used to be not so selective until nonsense started appearing such as people turning up in sandals' date=' critically low 2T and refusing to top up because they wanted the branded kind. They, and their friends who help these morons to argue back despite common sense, simply don't need to turn up for the next run.[/quote']

i came with shoes kenny -_-

I came with shoes, FF helmet and long pants.. I am sorry i didn't have a riding jacket Kenny... I still saving up money to buy a riding jacket... :cheeky:

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

Oops! Must be me! Sorry Guys! My YBR is fitted with VTEC-PTâ„¢.

Very Technically Enhanced Cutesey Penguin-Technologyâ„¢ :cheeky:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LTbec9DQoKc/Sf9UnK7lh1I/AAAAAAAABrE/tY_A_2_7d3Q/s400/cringe3zt.jpgsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

At Hougang Ridersâ„¢, we are strongly encouraged to wear sufficient protective gear and will not take up a leadership role until he/she has learnt the basics of safety and discipline of riding in a convoy.

Ya this one is the big boss penguin!

Hi,

just dropping a note. Don't give up leading newbies, some of them are genuinely riding because they like riding solely.

There are many kinds of outings, some just come out to compare their bling bling accessories and not riding much, and some are out for the ride.

Some people have a lot to learn, send them home anytime if they turn up not to satisfactory attire and attitude.

@people carrying pillon: Do ensure they wear proper attire, if not better. Pillons usually end up worse off in a crash because they are not the operator and can't anticipate to brace for impact.

This'll be my last post here.

Anyone can ride a bike. Being a biker, is a state of mind.

I ride with others because i need to find good places to part-toh. For me, the perfect place to part-toh is a LAN shop.

Haha, no la. When it comes to riding, its the company that you are with. The 'riding' is just an excuse to get together. :cheeky:

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/529551/YBR.jpg1..jpg

Example of YBR125 fitted with VTEC-PTâ„¢.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]