SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

StEeL

I am not getting young bro. Have spent enough on mods over the years. Right now, I am only going slow and enjoying my rides. I always believe in the Japanese Engineers who designed these machines. I used to try to think that there are things which they did not take into consideration. By the way, what's your mileage? And at which point of mileage did you replace the Cam Tensioner? With chain and glides as well?

Signalling saves life!

You May Own One BUT I Ride One

It's not what you ride, it's how you ride

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yo all,

Just spoken to Lenny from JustWheelzz..

Price for RaceShield (front cowling + headlights + front fender) as follows:

Previous Price = $285

Now Price = $285 - 20% = $228

Promotion Price = $220

Friend Price = May get slightly lower

Let me know if you guys are interested.. :)

Good price! i just did mine last week!!!!

Wah.. minor.. u must have been real bored man.. anyway thanks for the raceshield prices.. will be contacting you shortly.

Steel.. I know exactly what you mean. I had the same concern with the heat as well. Changed engine ice, don waste time n money.. it does not help. Changed to maxima cool aide. Its better. Cooling is faster. Furthermore i modified a kawa 636 fan into our radiator. So now I have twin fans. Which means the cooling is more rapid and the fan can go off in a while rather than staying on all the way. Hope it helps.

Edited by Kumar_83

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/brendanchin/balls_1.jpg

If you're riding a bike but not calculating the 50 possibilities in the 50 meters of road ahead of you, then you're dangerous and shouldnt be on one.

Candyass, where did you go to have that mod done? Cost? That's my thought because I really don't think it make sense to have the fan on all the time. It will drain out our battery faster. Someone mention Water Wetter before.

Signalling saves life!

I did it at bikelab.. It may drain more but the fan stops at least at some point. Rather then on all the way the moment you enter towns or city riding. No worries if riding on highways (Which is where most of my mileage is done). To tackle the batt issue, I bought a optimate plus battery maintenance module. It has been keeping the batt voltage at optimum levels so far. Motormatic say he can do it as well. Not sure if he has the fan. Mine I bought it second hand from a guy and got it fixed at bikelab. Try lookin at e bay. They may have kawa 636 fans 2nd hand.

If you're riding a bike but not calculating the 50 possibilities in the 50 meters of road ahead of you, then you're dangerous and shouldnt be on one.

PC3 or PC 5? Pls comment and y?

Obvious of course is the vast diff in size.. which is a great deal for the 14.. what else?

Ease of tuning?

Price?

Compatability?

Edited by Kumar_83

As far as Motormatic is concern, as long as the fan runs, don't bother with the heat. He suggested changing just the fan blade is sufficient. Fixing a secondary fan is not advisable according to him. Yes it is cooler but where current distribution is concern, not advisable.

I use PC3 because I prefer the dyno tune with chart and all other info rather than to let the PC5 auto decides. Though it can be overridden should we find any adjustment to be necessary but if that's the case, then no need a PC5. That's just my personal view.

Signalling saves life!

As far as Motormatic is concern, as long as the fan runs, don't bother with the heat. He suggested changing just the fan blade is sufficient. Fixing a secondary fan is not advisable according to him. Yes it is cooler but where current distribution is concern, not advisable.

I use PC3 because I prefer the dyno tune with chart and all other info rather than to let the PC5 auto decides. Though it can be overridden should we find any adjustment to be necessary but if that's the case, then no need a PC5. That's just my personal view.

Any possibility of fixing the GTR's fan? Believe it's just plug and play.

Any possibility of fixing the GTR's fan? Believe it's just plug and play.

If you are referring to additional, yes it can fit. If you are referring to replacement then no diff. They are actually using the same type of size and material.

Signalling saves life!

I'm refering to replacing the entire unit not just the fan itself. The GTR's got 2fan.

That will be interesting to know. Can anybody fill us in on that?

Signalling saves life!

Hi everyone,

Coming back into the biking scene with a few old friends.

I am looking at a used ZZR14.

Anyone selling?

Thanks

Woohoo................Let The Good (Old) Time Roll.....................

But you sure you looking at used bro?

Signalling saves life!

Only way is to repair and patch with carbon fiber. There is a shop in Kaki Bukit near Excel Cycle that does custom carbon fiber. But I am not too sure the name of shop.

Signalling saves life!

Something technical to ask and share. Do you guys know that our header pipe does have a honeycomb just before the O2 sensor? Have anybody remove them? Please share if you have and where did you go to have that done.

Signalling saves life!

Steel:

I'm not sure if Neo removed his but Seng Kwang does it..

Any idea how long it takes and the charges?

Signalling saves life!

Hey guys,

Been to HKL earlier today for servicing before my Songkran trip.. Whilst the mech was checking my bike, he realised the slanted tire valve.. Due to the nature of the valve which was straight, I had a hard time pumping air to it all the time.. I had to perform some acrobatics in order to fit the nozzle to the valve causing the valve to be slanted.. According to him, the valve almost gave way & might be dangerous while travelling.. One of his patrons blown his back tire near Alor Setar with the same problem.. He almost crashed his bike..

I decided to change both valves for the high quality L-shaped ones..

See if you guys have the same problem..

Before (notice the valve slanting towards one side):

Valve 01.jpg

After:

Valve 02.jpg

Hey guys,

Been to HKL earlier today for servicing before my Songkran trip.. Whilst the mech was checking my bike, he realised the slanted tire valve.. Due to the nature of the valve which was straight, I had a hard time pumping air to it all the time.. I had to perform some acrobatics in order to fit the nozzle to the valve causing the valve to be slanted.. According to him, the valve almost gave way & might be dangerous while travelling.. One of his patrons blown his back tire near Alor Setar with the same problem.. He almost crashed his bike..

I decided to change both valves for the high quality L-shaped ones..

See if you guys have the same problem..

Before (notice the valve slanting towards one side):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]198932[/ATTACH]

After:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]198931[/ATTACH]

Lucky you. My GTR also used L valve. Very good and very easy to pump. I remember i had to spend almost 45mins to pump my rear tire on stock tire valve.

Lucky you. My GTR also used L valve. Very good and very easy to pump. I remember i had to spend almost 45mins to pump my rear tire on stock tire valve.

i d'ont understand why didn't the japs install the L valve as standard factory in the production line.