SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Brake Pads Discussion

eek

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by skazuz@February 23, 2007 09:55 pm

wat kind of pads are there? stock?

cheers

skazuz

what are u refering to?

pls read the earlier posts also...

also can anyone tell me whether its recommended to get the ferodo platinum pads from LAB, scared later they give me ferodo "aluminium" then later i bang balls. heheh.

mite be changing my steering cone with them too as to date i think their steering cone for s4 is the cheapest ($60)

You can buy the pads from them, but steering cone, pls, go to better regarded service shops like Planet, Bikeworkz, Racewerk etc. The prices aren't that far off. Workmanship makes a difference. LAB is more focused on parts and accessories, the workshops are focused on providing repairs. I think it wiser that you go to the obvious choice for each purpose.

Originally posted by [c]arbine@February 15, 2007 07:34 am

ordered them online :smile:

Are you using the RJL now? Seems to be excellent pads, but can't get in SGP. Hoping to get some too, which online shop to get em cheap? Thanks bro.

Originally posted by ANR Impex@February 23, 2007 11:25 pm

You can buy the pads from them, but steering cone, pls, go to better regarded service shops like Planet, Bikeworkz, Racewerk etc. The prices aren't that far off. Workmanship makes a difference. LAB is more focused on parts and accessories, the workshops are focused on providing repairs. I think it wiser that you go to the obvious choice for each purpose.

yup i am using thr RJL now...got it from ebay.

normally Rjl would cost around Sgd$150 plus shipping

SRJL will be close to 300...exp

--- A twist of the wrist ---

Originally posted by ANR Impex@February 23, 2007 11:25 pm

are their Ferodo pads authentic? seems like many ppl commented their Ferodo Platinum realli "PLATINUM" grade.. lol

Originally posted by arsonist@February 23, 2007 02:46 am

does anyone know where got stock for ferrado platinum ??

issit good to use with s4 vtech???

pls give the shop location too if possible thanks

i see many ppl ask and ask abt ferrado platinum yet there is no clear answer yet.

also, whats the best price?

i really need to change my pads.

LAB selling it....but i use on my vtec before and it decrease the lifespan of my brake disc...thinning damn fast...

i suggest gold fren sintered is gd enuff for rd use

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/funkyvtec/IMG-4077.jpg

Previous Rides: RXK 135, S4 Project Big 1, S4 Vtec1, ST1100 Pan European, Cbr954, K7 600, FJR1300 ABS, SilverWing FJS 400.

Current Rides: FIT 1.3 GF MoonRoof.

Originally posted by darren_soh86@February 24, 2007 09:07 pm

are their Ferodo pads authentic? seems like many ppl commented their Ferodo Platinum realli "PLATINUM" grade.. lol

From my understanding, LAB gets it from local agent.

Originally posted by FunkyChicken@February 26, 2007 03:26 am

LAB selling it....but i use on my vtec before and it decrease the lifespan of my brake disc...thinning damn fast...

i suggest gold fren sintered is gd enuff for rd use

How much izzit? Where to get it? Thanks

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

spec 3 using the stock brake pad is called what brand ah, is it nissin brand brake pad, y nobody want to buy nissin stock brake pad ah?

actually got nissin brand a not ah and how much?

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n62/anric79/5073085f-2c95-4b2c-937d-c905dcca4fdb.jpg

BRAKING® STREET HIGH-PERFORMANCE BRAKE PADS

http://www.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/ec0285/31-612S.jpg

All Braking® brake pads are asbestos and nickel free

Other brake companies stress friction over other performance factors — Braking® uses an organic base material for outstanding friction along with a soft, non-aggressive metal that allows the pad to glide on the disc, providing better control

All Braking® brake pads are compatible with cast iron, stainless steel and Carbiron® materials and, when used with Braking® rotors, provide the greatest control and braking power available

SINTERED METAL PADS

CM55 sportbike pads are a sintered mixture designed to give power and longevity

CM55 pads offer strong power, stability and improved brake modulation and feel

These pads work best in excess of 1300° degrees without fading

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....howtopic=142434

Amsoil Oil 10W40 for sale...drop me a line

Originally posted by sky_vinz@February 28, 2007 12:18 pm

anric79: I went to enquire abt original Honda Super4 brake pads. Was told tat each pair cost ard $80, due to manufactured in Japan. -,-"

That is very expensive- $80 -- front 2 pair rear 1 pair total 3 pair then $240 le leh. might as well buy EBC brake. I heard EBC is very very very good. think also less than stock brake pad. think is $70 per pair.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n62/anric79/5073085f-2c95-4b2c-937d-c905dcca4fdb.jpg

Originally posted by sky_vinz@February 28, 2007 12:18 pm

anric79: I went to enquire abt original Honda Super4 brake pads. Was told tat each pair cost ard $80, due to manufactured in Japan. -,-"

OEM parts usually command a premium price for no special performance reasons. Aftermarket HH sintered pads will out perform OEM stuff. EBC, Galfer, Braking all worth a try. The difference really start to show at high speed hard braking, the sintered HH have much better resistance to brake fade. Daily commuting won't be that big an advantage.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by uberstore@February 28, 2007 08:57 am

BRAKING® STREET HIGH-PERFORMANCE BRAKE PADS

http://www.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/ec0285/31-612S.jpg

All Braking® brake pads are asbestos and nickel free

Other brake companies stress friction over other performance factors — Braking® uses an organic base material for outstanding friction along with a soft, non-aggressive metal that allows the pad to glide on the disc, providing better control

All Braking® brake pads are compatible with cast iron, stainless steel and Carbiron® materials and, when used with Braking® rotors, provide the greatest control and braking power available

SINTERED METAL PADS

CM55 sportbike pads are a sintered mixture designed to give power and longevity

CM55 pads offer strong power, stability and improved brake modulation and feel

These pads work best in excess of 1300° degrees without fading

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....howtopic=142434

Am using the CM55s for 3 sets in the track liao... still stopped me from going to the gravels! POWER!

Can't wait to try out my CM66! Slurp! :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

hey Tua Gu Sai, true wad u said, doesnt mean u lean ur body more, ur cornering faster.....counter steering too and bit of body lean is sufficient for fast cornering...hehehe

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/funkyvtec/IMG-4077.jpg

Previous Rides: RXK 135, S4 Project Big 1, S4 Vtec1, ST1100 Pan European, Cbr954, K7 600, FJR1300 ABS, SilverWing FJS 400.

Current Rides: FIT 1.3 GF MoonRoof.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

True enough, EBC's braking power is indefinable. However, for those on normal street/road riding, the wear out rate is way too fast and sooner or later, your wallet's gonna split. Ferodo or Goldfren is enough for these type of riding. It's much cheaper and still slows you down quick enough. If you guyz are looking for even better braking power, attempt to change to a steel braided hose.

For track riding wise, i would personally prefer EBC. Of course, a steel braided hose is an advantage. It'll help in stopping you from eating the gravels and sand. Nevertheless, a steel braided hose is good. But, always remember not to squeeze in fully during high-speed riding.

Else you'll find yourself a Clark Kent.

Two words to self-describe: I am a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious awesome rebel.

'05 to '06 - Honda NSR SP

'06 to '07 - Honda RVF

'07 to '08 - Yamaha X1

'09 to '14 - Yamaha X1R

'14 to '15 - Kawasaki Ninja ZX10-R

'15 to '17 - Yamaha R1

'22 to '23 - Yamaha Aerox 155 (v2)