SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

listening to music an offence?

Duke_Monster

Is it legal if listening to radio?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Is it legal if listening to radio?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway guys, recently i renew my road tax through internet, i saw this option,

renew road tax with radio licence $40

renew road tax without radio licence $40

:confused:

so, still must buy radio licence or not?

or the radio licence means something else here?

someone clarify this?

buy radio lic..

since the price is the same..lol

Class2B - 11 Dec 08

Past - Honda Wave 125S

Current - Kawasaki KRR 150

Class3 - 26/09/09

Current - Lancer GLX 1.6

One Life, Treasure It

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x70/nengwei/R6-1.jpg

Future - YZF R6

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think it's an offence leh... I always listen to the radio via my mobile phone when riding... that's to keep updated about traffic updates! And of course, listening to music!

Then again, it's easy for me to hide the wires bcos I'm wearing a FF helmet plus jacket... the wires are well hidden in my jacket...

Biking is something that everyone can learn and enjoy! :goodluck:

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

last time the bbdc instructor told us before that listening to music (using earpiece) is an offence. but if u only use 1 side then its not an offence. becos by listening to music u will get distracted and its dangerous. even 1 hand riding is oso an offence -_- LOL.

• 2 months later...
last time the bbdc instructor told us before that listening to music (using earpiece) is an offence. but if u only use 1 side then its not an offence. becos by listening to music u will get distracted and its dangerous. even 1 hand riding is oso an offence -_- LOL.

yeah same. i also from bbdc and the instructor said the same thing. but 1 hand riding alot of people do it. tp also dun care when he saw me ride with 1 hand. haha

Guns don't kill people.Idiots with guns kill people.

• 5 months later...

Stopped by TP before. I took off the helmet and my ear piece infront of him. Never say anything. Was stopped because my visor too dark.

Listening to music is not an offence. Its an offence if it affects your riding capability and compromise other motorist safety.

For example, you are listening to music and do alot of lane splitting dangerously. The list goes on.

Listening to music is only a catalyst to another event. What you add to this catalyst determine the end result.

yeah same. i also from bbdc and the instructor said the same thing. but 1 hand riding alot of people do it. tp also dun care when he saw me ride with 1 hand. haha

Training school is to teach you skills to ride a motorcycle safely only. You asked him whether its allow to listen to music while riding. Difficult to give a political correct answer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Until now, still a grey area as there is no law stating handphone riding or listening to music is an offence other than for driving. Even if TP stop you when you are riding per normal during a roadblock with you listening to your music or your phone stuck inside your helmet, they can't find anything to charge you. But then again, it all boils down to how much you value your own life.

if listening to music will operating a vehicle is illegal, then what about cars? they will be disallowed to have music playing while driving! i believe the same thing goes for bikes.

It all boils down to how safety conscious u are la... blasting music in your earphones drowns out most of the noise that might alert u to vehicles in your blind spots, or while u are not paying attention...

i usually listen to music in only 1 ear and medium volume...

Relax!

I can really tell some of you guys are suffering from NUTS (No U Turn Syndrome).

Do you really need our authorities to explicitly state what you can do before it is deemed legal ? How about can we dig nose while riding ? :faint:

Bikers are supposed to be the renegade type, that's why some models are named "Rebel", "Intruder", "Savage".

I can't help to wonder if it is the same bunch who fit aftermarket exhaust systems, LED lights ...etc are asking if listening to music is illegal ? :angel:

• 3 weeks later...

Sometime things are BEST left unsay.

Ain't the golden rule of SAF been forgotten?

:)

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

I can really tell some of you guys are suffering from NUTS (No U Turn Syndrome).

Do you really need our authorities to explicitly state what you can do before it is deemed legal ? How about can we dig nose while riding ? :faint:

Bikers are supposed to be the renegade type, that's why some models are named "Rebel", "Intruder", "Savage".

I can't help to wonder if it is the same bunch who fit aftermarket exhaust systems, LED lights ...etc are asking if listening to music is illegal ? :angel:

let's start new thread.. can dig nose ? pick tooth? scratch a$$ while riding ?

may be like the posts above, people would say.. one hand can... 2 hand cannot.. :dot:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I always listen to music. TP-wise, I was never stopped on the roads on account of my musical pursuits, haha. Was never stopped at road blocks for it either.

But of course I quickly off my player once I got hailed over. No point showing how unrepentant about road safety you are in front of the white uniform, rite?

• 4 weeks later...

Its legal.

I was stopped by TP for a routine licence check(they always think I got no licence) and they cant find anything wrong with my bike(I'm still wearing my purple colour earpiece).

So as I was starting my bike, I went to tap the TP on the shoulder and ask "Is listening to music while riding legal?"

He said "No, but don't play too loud or else u can hear the road". I'm also wearing one.*shows his earpiece at the back of his helmet, well hidden. But that one I believe is a radio transmitter or sth.*

Whatever it is, still legal but dangerous.

Don't believe me? Try asking one should they stop u one day.

Past: RXZ, KR, R1 07

Present : Wave S

How it feels like when you pass TP

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1j2s91VkL1qcsknu.gif

Its legal.

I was stopped by TP for a routine licence check(they always think I got no licence) and they cant find anything wrong with my bike(I'm still wearing my purple colour earpiece).

So as I was starting my bike, I went to tap the TP on the shoulder and ask "Is listening to music while riding legal?"

He said "No, but don't play too loud or else u can hear the road". I'm also wearing one.*shows his earpiece at the back of his helmet, well hidden. But that one I believe is a radio transmitter or sth.*

Whatever it is, still legal but dangerous.

Don't believe me? Try asking one should they stop u one day.

i saw the TP's earpiece in shell station. it's like those FBI/secret agents. those tat hooked on the ear.

• 1 year later...

Not illegal but I listen to the bike sound to know when the powerband will kick in ahahah, only for 2 strokes. Very useful when you need power where you want it, good for jams, applies to small bikes, big bikes got more than enough power below its peak powerband.

Besides, the roads are already dangerous enough without earpieces.

• 2 weeks later...