Full Cost Breakdown of Class 2 License @ Comfort Driving Centre (CDC) for 2021

Finally passed my Class 2 at CDC yesterday, weather was good, total group about 30 pax. Understand from instructor there is another Class 2/2A TP test today. Very rare to have twice a week but due to huge backlog from COVID lockdown, they have had to run more TP test dates. Not sure if same for the other driving centres also or not..

10 people taking Class 2, remaining 20 taking Class 2A. From what i notice..

• Class 2 (10 pax) - 1 absent, 2 failures, 7 passes
  • Class 2A (20 pax) - 0 absent, 5 failures, 15 passes

Just want to share / record my cost and experience here.. Had to log in to my CDC before they updated the results because once you pass TP, they log you out of the system and you will be unable to log in again. I took 2 tries to pass TP.. If you can clear in 1 try then it might be slightly cheaper.

Total cost (this is for Comfort Driving Centre):

• Registration fee - $10
  • Enrolment fee - $85.60
  • Class 2 orientation (compulsory) - $38.52
  • Class 2 lesson 1 - $41.73 (pass on 1st try)
  • Class 2 lesson 2 - $38.52 (pass on 1st try)
  • Class 2 lesson 3 - $41.73 (pass on 1st try)
  • Bike simulator 1 - $26.54
  • Bike simulator 2 - $26.54
  • Bike simulator 3 - $26.54
  • Circuit revision - $41.73
  • TP test 1 (failed) - $69.55 + $33 (warm up + actual test)
  • Re-training (compulsory if fail TP) - $38.52
  • TP test 2 (passed) - $69.55 + $33 (warm up + actual test)
  • Others (top up fee) - $0.90 X 2

TOTAL - $664.60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never expected Class 2 to cost so much and this is with passing every lesson 1st try but TP 2 times. Even with perfect record (if pass TP 1st time)... the CHEAPEST cost to get Class 2 license will be $480.90!!!!!!!!!

I was reading old threads here in the past.... Class 2A/2 if you clear all one time can be as cheap as 100+ or 200+.. The cost has indeed increase by ALOT!!!

Of course the new compulsory simulator sessions didn't help....... They cost $26.54 each.

Anyone else taking Class 2 at the other centres... or can remember how much you spent in the past?

Getting license in Singapore now is really expensive!!

Btw to all taking their license... Good luck..... Complete your journey..... And you will get there eventually!!

Anyway.. finally pass liao.... don't have to go back to driving school ever!!!!!!!!

Season 5 Dancing GIF by Friends

Haha congrats!!! Welcome to the monster class 😂😂 class 2 in Sg is really a little overkill. Go easy on the throttle when u get your bike yeah. Else you’ll need to go back to school again... like from 2B if you know what I mean. 😂😂

i remember I spent like 400++ I don’t remember there were so many bike simulators lessons thou. I remember only one time... I did take a few more circuit revision because the wait to the test date was so long.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:22 PM, Xmaxer said:

Finally passed my Class 2 at CDC yesterday, weather was good, total group about 30 pax. Understand from instructor there is another Class 2/2A TP test today. Very rare to have twice a week but due to huge backlog from COVID lockdown, they have had to run more TP test dates. Not sure if same for the other driving centres also or not..

Just want to share / record my cost and experience here.. Had to log in to my CDC before they updated the results because once you pass TP, they log you out of the system and you will be unable to log in again. I took 2 tries to pass TP.. If you can clear in 1 try then it might be slightly cheaper.

• Registration fee - $10
  • Enrolment fee - $85.60

I never expected Class 2 to cost so much and this is with passing every lesson 1st try but TP 2 times. Even with perfect record (if pass TP 1st time)... the CHEAPEST cost to get Class 2 license will be $480.90!!!!!!!!!

I was reading old threads here in the past.... Class 2A/2 if you clear all one time can be as cheap as 100+ or 200+.. The cost has indeed increase by ALOT!!!

Of course the new compulsory simulator sessions didn't help....... They cost $26.54 each.

Anyone else taking Class 2 at the other centres... or can remember how much you spent in the past?

Btw to all taking their license... Good luck..... Complete your journey..... And you will get there eventually!!

Anyway.. finally pass liao.... don't have to go back to driving school ever!!!!!!!!

1 tips to remember for those who are going TP, always always remember to go at least 1 time for revision before TP dates/assessment dates. If u got called last few.. you know why liaoz.. haha..

but again, at least you pass! I pass my 2A from CDC in Feb as well.. :) 

Dun intent to upgrade Class 2 liaoz.. hitting 40s soon.. and doubt I'll get a class 2 in Singapore.. LOL..

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

On 3/11/2021 at 7:44 AM, adesmond2 said:

1 tips to remember for those who are going TP, always always remember to go at least 1 time for revision before TP dates/assessment dates. If u got called last few.. you know why liaoz.. haha..

Dun intent to upgrade Class 2 liaoz.. hitting 40s soon.. and doubt I'll get a class 2 in Singapore.. LOL..

I'm 45 this year. Got my 2A In 1997 at Bukit batok.. 

Enrolled for class 2 at CDC from 1st Apr. Not easy unlearning all my bad habits for past 24 years. Thinking of changing to a bigger bike, that's why decided to go for class 2.

But after going through 3 simulator and 2 practical.. A bit regret and the stress feeling of going to TP come back.. Nonetheless.. Just try lor. 

Last time same thinking also.. 2A good enough.. Sigh itchy backside.. Cheers... 

Edited by Andrew Quek

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Andrew Quek said:

Enrolled for class 2 at CDC from 1st Apr. Not easy unlearning all my bad habits for past 24 years. Thinking of changing to a bigger bike, that's why decided to go for class 2.

But after going through 3 simulator and 2 practical.. A bit regret and the stress feeling of going to TP come back.. Nonetheless.. Just try lor. 

@Andrew Quek

Congrats on starting your Class 2 journey! It's an amazing feeling once you finish all the classes and can ride ANY motorcycle without ANY restriction.

Since you've already completed 3 simulators and 2 practical lessons, you're almost at the finishing end! I've found the TP testers at CDC to be rather strict though, not in the the past where they said Class 2 sure pass cause TP give chance. I've been hearing that they're stricter with Class 2A/2 riders so be sure to watch out for wobbling, improper lane change, etc. Those demerit points add up quickly.

All the best and do let us know when you've passed!

P.S. Like @Xmaxer said, it's a lot more expensive now than in 1997 right? Hah!

Thanks you for your kinds words.

Yes since I've already spend so much. Its not worth it to just give up man! 

Gonna keep on persevering! 

Will update when I'm through and how much I spent throughout. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Andrew Quek said:

haha.. we'll see how in the future.. but I doubt I'll upgrade again ba.. LOLOL.

Now riding 2 beloved bikes, KR150 and MT03.. customising both to be as similar in terms of "accessories and outlook"..

8 hours ago, SBF said:

@Andrew Quek

Congrats on starting your Class 2 journey! It's an amazing feeling once you finish all the classes and can ride ANY motorcycle without ANY restriction.

Since you've already completed 3 simulators and 2 practical lessons, you're almost at the finishing end! I've found the TP testers at CDC to be rather strict though, not in the the past where they said Class 2 sure pass cause TP give chance. I've been hearing that they're stricter with Class 2A/2 riders so be sure to watch out for wobbling, improper lane change, etc. Those demerit points add up quickly.

All the best and do let us know when you've passed!

P.S. Like @Xmaxer said, it's a lot more expensive now than in 1997 right? Hah!

Yeah.. i agreed as they are more stricter to 2A and 2 but my TP date itself really has a few weird weird patterns one.. hahaha..

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

On 3/11/2021 at 7:44 AM, adesmond2 said:

Dun say until like that leh... I got 2B at 45.

• Registration fee - $10
  • Enrolment fee - $85.60

BTW you also ridding xmax.. Saw your profile name as xmaxer... Me too 🤣. The reason why I'm taking class 2 is for x-adv 750. If not I'm actually very comfortable with my xmax.. 

On 4/17/2021 at 7:25 PM, Pisces44 said:

Dun say until like that leh... I got 2B at 45.

haha.. no la.. diff reasons for us.. I got my CL3 at 18.. 2B at 25, 2A at 39..

Tried to own a car between 19-24 failed, rent on a weekly basis and see how much it will drain me but way too much to absorb myself. 

Then go and get a 2B license then buy a bike on the 2nd day I passed.. haha..

First viewing, I went down with my friend, he insisted me NOT to buy cuz cannot start, owner say just rain finish.. harder to start the bike. after start, my friend test for me.. but he say, engine a bit weird. and owner say warm up not enough.. haha..

Second viewing was recommended by my friend, he say, I'll bring you to my repair shop, they sell motorcycles as well. We went down on the same day, view 2 bikes there.. Ask the boss, I wan this, boss say, next day can collect.. haha.. then when I go down next day, he say, cannot locate owner, cannot sell, then I ask, which one can sell. he say this one, then I say ok.. That's how I ended up with my KRR for 13 years.. LOL..

2A - View on platforms for several months. Done 1 viewing and straight buy liaoz.. hahaha..

Edited by adesmond2

On 4/22/2021 at 3:19 PM, Andrew Quek said:

BTW you also ridding xmax.. Saw your profile name as xmaxer... Me too 🤣. The reason why I'm taking class 2 is for x-adv 750. If not I'm actually very comfortable with my xmax.. 

Xmax is auto but learning centre is manual....

I thinking of thinking 2A when 1 yr is up ... but stress leh.....

On 4/24/2021 at 10:40 AM, Pisces44 said:

don be stressed. 2A is easier than 2B. cos it's tested inside the circuit only. As long as u remember what n where to lookout for. note down immediately after u finished the session if u think u will forget. that's how i learnt when i was taking my 2A. don be shy to ask the instructors questions. fyi i keep asking questions when i started my 2A lesson 1 all the way till my TP. i passed the evalution & TP on 1st attempt. 

15 hours ago, rogerkali said:

Wow! Its really not easy.. If the instructor is a pri or sec school teacher, sure kena complaint many many by parents... 

Kodi    nox

ehhhh.. what has instructor being a primary or secondary school teacher do with any of the lesson?

4 hours ago, kokseng_wong said:

don be stressed. 2A is easier than 2B. cos it's tested inside the circuit only. As long as u remember what n where to lookout for. note down immediately after u finished the session if u think u will forget. that's how i learnt when i was taking my 2A. don be shy to ask the instructors questions. fyi i keep asking questions when i started my 2A lesson 1 all the way till my TP. i passed the evalution & TP on 1st attempt. 

LOL.. I'm one of those who ask a lot of questions... especially on TP date.. not forgetting but want to confirm.. 

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

ehhhh.. what has instructor being a primary or secondary school teacher do with any of the lesson?

LOL.. I'm one of those who ask a lot of questions... especially on TP date.. not forgetting but want to confirm.. 

i even noted down

when the time starts n ends when we executing all the obstacles cos,

where n when to check the blindspots,

where n when to change lane, 

when to on & off the signals,

where to stop while waiting for class 3 to execute their turnings,

how to form up correctly

cos all these will cost us DPs. 

we only collect points when top up petrol n shop at ntuc but not when taking TP test. 

• Administrators
On 4/24/2021 at 10:40 AM, Pisces44 said:

On 4/22/2021 at 3:19 PM, Andrew Quek said:

Definitely go for your Class 2. FINISH the journey! You won't regret it. That feeling when you know you can ride ANY bike on the road.

Amazing Season 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

12 hours ago, kokseng_wong said:

Actually road is easier.... My TP is 18 points....almost all in circuit.

Somewhere 2A bike is more powerful....

that's why stress if go take 2A lessons......

• Registration fee - $10
  • Enrolment fee - $85.60

I did my class 2 at Bukit batok around half year ago and it seems cheaper there

Registration = $80.25+$3

3 x Training + 1 revision = $39.59 x 4

Simulator = $23.06 x 3

Test + bike rental = $33 + $67.41

Total = $411

Can be a bit cheaper if exclude the revision, so minimum about $371

• Administrators
On 4/26/2021 at 11:38 PM, Pisces44 said:

Actually road is easier.... My TP is 18 points....almost all in circuit.

Somewhere 2A bike is more powerful....

that's why stress if go take 2A lessons......

On road harder for tester to see your mistakes hahaha.

Please take note CDC changed new test route for the road.. So the old tips will not be applicable anymore.

You can check out the new test route here:

On 4/29/2021 at 8:29 PM, kipi said:

I did my class 2 at Bukit batok around half year ago and it seems cheaper there

Registration = $80.25+$3

3 x Training + 1 revision = $39.59 x 4

Simulator = $23.06 x 3

Test + bike rental = $33 + $67.41

Total = $411

Can be a bit cheaper if exclude the revision, so minimum about $371

That's quite a bit cheaper man.. I always knew CDC was the most expensive but that difference is quite big! Almost double!!

19 hours ago, haslansalam said:

How long will it take to finish up a class 2A now for an average rider experience in CDC?

If you go for every lesson everyday, should be about 3 months. The waiting for the TP test date would be the most time consuming.

For example if you were to book TODAY (30th April 2021), the next available date will be 11th June at CDC. That's 1.5 months away.

Good luck!

P.S. You can check out all the driving schools' latest TP date here:

On 4/26/2021 at 10:06 PM, SBF said:

Definitely go for your Class 2. FINISH the journey! You won't regret it. That feeling when you know you can ride ANY bike on the road.

Amazing Season 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

haha.. wouldn't that let you feel like upgrading again? ;) 

this is a very helpful post. 

due to changes in office location, had been thinking of going for a bike license and have a good ride to n fro office to safe time.

thanks!