Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?


CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

6 members have voted

  1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

    • BBDC
      2
    • CDC
      4


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

If I can find a reasonable one… but need one that is CE rated.. what do the experienced riders think? CE rated or not? 

Singapore weather... nothing is cooling la... t-shirt, arm socks, roller blade pads are the coolest you can get hahaha... But when riding out there. Yes. Mesh jackets are the ones you should get ... leather will be way too hot and those full suits... even worst. 

 

@Nakuru look at what i found? Its those metal drain... location seems similar to yours?

 

Edited by Siphon
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Siphon said:

Singapore weather... nothing is cooling la... t-shirt, arm socks, roller blade pads are the coolest you can get hahaha... But when riding out there. Yes. Mesh jackets are the ones you should get ... leather will be way too hot and those full suits... even worst. 

 

@Nakuru look at what i found? Its those metal drain... location seems similar to yours?

 

I saw it too.. haix...  it's just weird.. how did he fall? overturn? lost control of his front wheel.. water? sand? 

based on this photo.. I believe could be a combination of these.. Water/sand.. too fast, thus lose control of front wheel.. see his front wheel already got into incorrect turning point.. then next thing we know... bike just go crash the railing...

 

66732384_Screenshot2022-08-02at6_27_44AM.thumb.png.16d448642ddf103f112db3e8d9158dc2.png

  • Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Siphon said:

Singapore weather... nothing is cooling la... t-shirt, arm socks, roller blade pads are the coolest you can get hahaha... But when riding out there. Yes. Mesh jackets are the ones you should get ... leather will be way too hot and those full suits... even worst.

 

Good morning... hot or not, will get one should I ride a bike. I wear a helmet even when I ride a bicycle (I know some are laughing) ... agree... should / must get one! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2022 at 12:18 PM, snooptrader said:

It’s good to see you back online and wish you a full recovery! In the mean time; you can virtually guide us newbie riders … :) Next time, can have tea with all the riders here! 

Thanks 😢 will try to guide u all as much since im a newbie myself too.. 

 

On 8/1/2022 at 11:15 PM, Siphon said:

@Nakuru look at what i found? Its those metal drain... location seems similar to yours?

Yea.. i saw this vid.. hopefully the rider dun end up like mi.. mine is the curve from sle to bke..

47 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

@Nakuru discharged? How's everything?

Yep.. discharged yesterday night.. so far ok lor.. at parent's place.. feels like a burden 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Thanks 😢 will try to guide u all as much since im a newbie myself too.. 

 

Yep.. discharged yesterday night.. so far ok lor.. at parent's place.. feels like a burden 

You can guide us as you have clear the hurdle of getting your license.. and look forward as you can recover and be better.

Don't feel like a burden... I am sure your HB and your parents are really happy that you can recover to full recovery!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 6:30 AM, adesmond2 said:

I saw it too.. haix...  it's just weird.. how did he fall? overturn? lost control of his front wheel.. water? sand? 

based on this photo.. I believe could be a combination of these.. Water/sand.. too fast, thus lose control of front wheel.. see his front wheel already got into incorrect turning point.. then next thing we know... bike just go crash the railing...

 

66732384_Screenshot2022-08-02at6_27_44AM.thumb.png.16d448642ddf103f112db3e8d9158dc2.png

I think a few factors too. 

1. New to this bend. This is one of those that when you enter it seems like a high speed type of bend until suddenly the bend tighten and you realised your speed is too fast and you're already leaning far too much over with that thin tire. Then if you panic and press your brake instead of using engine braking with lower gears you'll get into the next part... braking at the wrong place... that metal plate gutter will send u skidding. plus i think the floor was wet. That's the worst combination. 

The curve from SLE to BKE is not as bad but it has a mild increase of the angle as well. and also a gutter somewhere there.. 

On 8/3/2022 at 5:23 PM, Nakuru said:

Thanks 😢 will try to guide u all as much since im a newbie myself too.. 

 

Yea.. i saw this vid.. hopefully the rider dun end up like mi.. mine is the curve from sle to bke..

Yep.. discharged yesterday night.. so far ok lor.. at parent's place.. feels like a burden 

I think he prob hurt his butt more than knee from the way he landed... hope he's well too... 

Just rest well and enjoy the rest? hehehe meanwhile pick up some new hobbies or look at skill improvement programs online?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Siphon said:

I think a few factors too. 

1. New to this bend. This is one of those that when you enter it seems like a high speed type of bend until suddenly the bend tighten and you realised your speed is too fast and you're already leaning far too much over with that thin tire. Then if you panic and press your brake instead of using engine braking with lower gears you'll get into the next part... braking at the wrong place... that metal plate gutter will send u skidding. plus i think the floor was wet. That's the worst combination. 

The curve from SLE to BKE is not as bad but it has a mild increase of the angle as well. and also a gutter somewhere there.. 

I think he prob hurt his butt more than knee from the way he landed... hope he's well too... 

Just rest well and enjoy the rest? hehehe meanwhile pick up some new hobbies or look at skill improvement programs online?

indeed... those factors in definitely will become a danger... Good thing we experienced enough to know max max 60km/h for any bends.. once you go 99 bend for some minor "rides", you know some bends can some bends cannot.. 😂

 

innovative sia.. skill improvement programs.. 👍

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prob juz not enuff skills for my case.. lack of experience on how to control the bike on an actual situation :( im think im probably slower than 50kmph thou.. sighz 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Prob juz not enuff skills for my case.. lack of experience on how to control the bike on an actual situation :( im think im probably slower than 50kmph thou.. sighz 

yeah.. your hub say you are slower then 50km/h.. most likely due to other factors.. rain/sand/metal grills and etc.. 

if it's me.. I might just continue to throttle.. will not brake anymore.. usually at bends.. I use engine brakes.. (normal brakes is only used when coming to a stop or emergency brake)

when raining, cannot use brake = aquaplaning will occur.. so either throttle (to get rid of the water) or engine brake.. 

& put your box once ready.. bike too light could be one of the reason as well..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Prob juz not enuff skills for my case.. lack of experience on how to control the bike on an actual situation :( im think im probably slower than 50kmph thou.. sighz 

Don’t beat yourself over it… as things  do happen and it could happen to anyone. In fact, this thread keeps me really grounded and still appreciate your inputs as well. I’m not even an L plate yet as I don’t have a provisional license… 

22 hours ago, Siphon said:

I think a few factors too. 

1. New to this bend. This is one of those that when you enter it seems like a high speed type of bend until suddenly the bend tighten and you realised your speed is too fast and you're already leaning far too much over with that thin tire. Then if you panic and press your brake instead of using engine braking with lower gears you'll get into the next part... braking at the wrong place... that metal plate gutter will send u skidding. plus i think the floor was wet. That's the worst combination. 

The curve from SLE to BKE is not as bad but it has a mild increase of the angle as well. and also a gutter somewhere there.. 

I think he prob hurt his butt more than knee from the way he landed... hope he's well too... 

Just rest well and enjoy the rest? hehehe meanwhile pick up some new hobbies or look at skill improvement programs online?

Butt or not… it looks pretty harrowing no matter what when travelling. Now when I see corners….. must keep on thinking of how to keep the line.. not just jump on the brakes.. I think it’s the “natural bicycle” reaction. Motorbikes are totally different in nature… I’ve realised that reading and of course riding in a very limited manner. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Don’t beat yourself over it… as things  do happen and it could happen to anyone. In fact, this thread keeps me really grounded and still appreciate your inputs as well. I’m not even an L plate yet as I don’t have a provisional license… 

Butt or not… it looks pretty harrowing no matter what when travelling. Now when I see corners….. must keep on thinking of how to keep the line.. not just jump on the brakes.. I think it’s the “natural bicycle” reaction. Motorbikes are totally different in nature… I’ve realised that reading and of course riding in a very limited manner. 

Yes.. mishaps or accidents = as the word self explanatory itself..

 

Of cuz.. bicycle use your leg power.. motorcycle is engine and your wrist power.. LOL..  the only similar is balancing..

  • Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally passed my L1 on the 4th try 😂 seriously slow and steady, issit? HB was doing it the 3rd time and he also passed. 
 

yay! We can move onto L2 together 😂

@Nakuru how's it going now? Still feeling like a burden to your parents?

oh, update on my dad... he did his angiogram and found out he needed a bypass. So he'll be going for that on Thursday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Finally passed my L1 on the 4th try 😂 seriously slow and steady, issit? HB was doing it the 3rd time and he also passed. 
 

yay! We can move onto L2 together

oh, update on my dad... he did his angiogram and found out he needed a bypass. So he'll be going for that on Thursday.

Congratulations! 🌞 It's moving up which is great! Well done and it's one more milestone :)

Oh, sorry to hear about your Dad on his bypass, but the good thing that it seems to have been found early and any more potential damage restrained.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2022 at 8:56 AM, adesmond2 said:

yeah.. your hub say you are slower then 50km/h.. most likely due to other factors.. rain/sand/metal grills and etc.. 

if it's me.. I might just continue to throttle.. will not brake anymore.. usually at bends.. I use engine brakes.. (normal brakes is only used when coming to a stop or emergency brake)

when raining, cannot use brake = aquaplaning will occur.. so either throttle (to get rid of the water) or engine brake.. 

& put your box once ready.. bike too light could be one of the reason as well..

No idea.. anyway i dun dare to throttle at tt time already cos i was moving too close to the guard rails.. so i chose to slow down instead.. bike is fixed so waiting for my leg to recover now only..

16 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Don’t beat yourself over it… as things  do happen and it could happen to anyone. In fact, this thread keeps me really grounded and still appreciate your inputs as well. I’m not even an L plate yet as I don’t have a provisional license… 

Haha u started the lesson already so is L plate le la.. just not on the road yet only..

41 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Finally passed my L1 on the 4th try 😂 seriously slow and steady, issit? HB was doing it the 3rd time and he also passed. 
 

yay! We can move onto L2 together 😂

@Nakuru how's it going now? Still feeling like a burden to your parents?

oh, update on my dad... he did his angiogram and found out he needed a bypass. So he'll be going for that on Thursday.

Congrats on passing L1! L2 at cdc shld be juz going around bends n using signal lights + chk blindspot only if i not wrong.. lesson 3 n 4 then is the obstacle courses.. 

Ok la.. getting better but slow progress i feel.. at least im at parents' place now n manage to find a way to shuffle myself to the toilet on my own.. haha.. went hospital to changed the dressing yesterday n they made the knee braces more flexible by 30 degree.. i now can only bend till 20 degree assisted with my hands thou.. dun dare to bend too much cos i scare later i pull n break something inside 😂 been doing physio on my own n hope it gets better..

Oh.. hope he recovers fast too.. n dun need to be on drip too long 😢

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

bike is fixed so waiting for my leg to recover now only..

Haha u started the lesson already so is L plate le la.. just not on the road yet only..

Ok la.. getting better but slow progress i feel.. at least im at parents' place now n manage to find a way to shuffle myself to the toilet on my own.. haha.. went hospital to changed the dressing yesterday n they made the knee braces more flexible by 30 degree.. i now can only bend till 20 degree assisted with my hands thou.. dun dare to bend too much cos i scare later i pull n break something inside 😂 been doing physio on my own n hope it gets better..

 

Just wait for @Nakuru to be fixed. Bike can buy; life and limb can't.

As long no provisional license... no chance to be called a rider.. just an aspiring learner.

Just take your time to recover, especially wounds and joints. Once you are healed, you would be back to as new!
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

No idea.. anyway i dun dare to throttle at tt time already cos i was moving too close to the guard rails.. so i chose to slow down instead.. bike is fixed so waiting for my leg to recover now only..

Haha u started the lesson already so is L plate le la.. just not on the road yet only..

Congrats on passing L1! L2 at cdc shld be juz going around bends n using signal lights + chk blindspot only if i not wrong.. lesson 3 n 4 then is the obstacle courses.. 

Ok la.. getting better but slow progress i feel.. at least im at parents' place now n manage to find a way to shuffle myself to the toilet on my own.. haha.. went hospital to changed the dressing yesterday n they made the knee braces more flexible by 30 degree.. i now can only bend till 20 degree assisted with my hands thou.. dun dare to bend too much cos i scare later i pull n break something inside 😂 been doing physio on my own n hope it gets better..

Oh.. hope he recovers fast too.. n dun need to be on drip too long 😢

Yeah.. L2 seems like safety stuff... the app has the details. Quite interesting 😂

I'm glad you're slowly and steadily recovering. Yay! Can go toilet 😂 I'll have your kind of fears as well.. about breaking something again. 

ya.. hope he recovers well too. Even the angiogram the mo stuck him three times (different) locations on the arm to get the line in 😳🙄 he's gonna tell them he wants nurse not mo. Hahahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Just wait for @Nakuru to be fixed. Bike can buy; life and limb can't.

As long no provisional license... no chance to be called a rider.. just an aspiring learner.

Just take your time to recover, especially wounds and joints. Once you are healed, you would be back to as new!
 

Haha my bike fixed le.. waiting for my leg to recover n be back on it.. family pretty against the idea thou.. im pretty scared too tbh.. no more calf muscle to cover if shit happens again.. gotta up all the protection gear le.. 😢 means its gonna be hot hot hot.. better than i scratch anywhere else thou.. 

7 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Yeah.. L2 seems like safety stuff... the app has the details. Quite interesting 😂

I'm glad you're slowly and steadily recovering. Yay! Can go toilet 😂 I'll have your kind of fears as well.. about breaking something again. 

ya.. hope he recovers well too. Even the angiogram the mo stuck him three times (different) locations on the arm to get the line in 😳🙄 he's gonna tell them he wants nurse not mo. Hahahaha

Tt time at cdc i stopped at lesson 2 1st try.. cos i took 3 tries for lesson 1 n i feel i sucked at it 😂 n oso the bike was too tall n heavy for mi to handle..

U'll never noe how accomplished it felt to be able to go to the toilet even when in the hospital sia.. hahaha

Ya.. juz tell them get someone more experienced.. they end up always get doctors or senior nurse to poke me cos i cry everytime they come with needle. It was pretty devastating after a week of poking n blood test cos they keep cannot find my veins sia.. even some doctors r noob af. 1 doctor poked 2 location n still no blood.. N im like r u done? Can u stop twisting the needles? Will pain u noe? Its gonna have bruises later again lor. Y do u even need so much blood test? Didnt u like just took recently? Cant u juz do it in 1 try? I already no more veins visible for u all liao lor.. until the other doc poked 3rd hole then got blood out.. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Haha my bike fixed le.. waiting for my leg to recover n be back on it.. family pretty against the idea thou.. im pretty scared too tbh.. no more calf muscle to cover if shit happens again.. gotta up all the protection gear le.. 😢 means its gonna be hot hot hot.. better than i scratch anywhere else thou.. 

Tt time at cdc i stopped at lesson 2 1st try.. cos i took 3 tries for lesson 1 n i feel i sucked at it 😂 n oso the bike was too tall n heavy for mi to handle..

U'll never noe how accomplished it felt to be able to go to the toilet even when in the hospital sia.. hahaha

Ya.. juz tell them get someone more experienced.. they end up always get doctors or senior nurse to poke me cos i cry everytime they come with needle. It was pretty devastating after a week of poking n blood test cos they keep cannot find my veins sia.. even some doctors r noob af. 1 doctor poked 2 location n still no blood.. N im like r u done? Can u stop twisting the needles? Will pain u noe? Its gonna have bruises later again lor. Y do u even need so much blood test? Didnt u like just took recently? Cant u juz do it in 1 try? I already no more veins visible for u all liao lor.. until the other doc poked 3rd hole then got blood out.. lol

😱😱 that's so terrible and sounds so painful... but then if they leave a line there also cumbersome, like something stuck there. Annoying. 

my dad will be in icu for two days so I suppose first two days still don't know anything. Then he'll be in normal ward for 5-7 days. See how. meanwhile we'll see how we can reconfigure our place for him or get him (and my mom) services apt. Everything is up in the air cos we all have no experience with bypass patient. Giving birth we know what to expect. This is new. 

... hahaha I already accept that I'm gonna be a slow learner for bike. So no pressure. Take it easy. My dad was also commenting over lunch, he ride bike also see weather - too hot or rainy, he'll drive 😂 but Malaysia different lah. Where they live bike parking is free, can park anywhere and it's really a way to get around the congestion. Told him I won't even drive there 😂 grab so much easier and no parking headache. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update on gear, as promised. Got gloves which offers more protection. Got it at Regina's Specialties...

 

IMG_8083.thumb.jpg.31863c3ed501827d630d99cef47a1b78.jpg

 

Has knuckle and a palm slider ... hope not to utilize it of course..

 

IMG_8082.thumb.jpg.20bf921ed290a60c8dc73fc04c775c4e.jpg

pretty comfortable.. but wearing indoors and actual riding are too different things.

need to try it out when to chance arises...

 

Just a short update.... :)

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

😱😱 that's so terrible and sounds so painful... but then if they leave a line there also cumbersome, like something stuck there. Annoying. 

my dad will be in icu for two days so I suppose first two days still don't know anything. Then he'll be in normal ward for 5-7 days. See how. meanwhile we'll see how we can reconfigure our place for him or get him (and my mom) services apt. Everything is up in the air cos we all have no experience with bypass patient. Giving birth we know what to expect. This is new. 

... hahaha I already accept that I'm gonna be a slow learner for bike. So no pressure. Take it easy. My dad was also commenting over lunch, he ride bike also see weather - too hot or rainy, he'll drive 😂 but Malaysia different lah. Where they live bike parking is free, can park anywhere and it's really a way to get around the congestion. Told him I won't even drive there 😂 grab so much easier and no parking headache. 

Ya the iv drip canister has to be there all the time.. say to last 3-5 days but my veins will constrict n disappear by 2nd day.. which means new holes.. 

Would he be on wheelchair or..? N for how long? Need to plan else the hospital wun let him discharge..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Would he be on wheelchair or..? N for how long? Need to plan else the hospital wun let him discharge..

Actually the Dr/hospital never say leh... totally clueless about this 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Actually the Dr/hospital never say leh... totally clueless about this 

Need to bug the doc to give more info on how ur father gonna be after surgery wor.. 1 week pass very fast n u may not have time to get everything prepped 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Need to bug the doc to give more info on how ur father gonna be after surgery wor.. 1 week pass very fast n u may not have time to get everything prepped 

I found two places with hospital bed for rent. 😅 I think the main thing is getting up and lying down might be hard for him at first. So the motorized bed would help. 

Unfortunately I'm usually not with them when they see the Dr. 

my cousin just had open heart surgery to repair/replace valve and one bypass. Super unfit person. After 24 hrs can sit up in bed already 😂 he said my father should have no problem 😉 

my mom's the one holding back in making decisions. She wants to see how my father is after surgery first. So I just threw in the hospital bed rental as an option. Move my girls out of their room... 😂 I think my parents are stuck here for 6-8 weeks, at least!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

I found two places with hospital bed for rent. 😅 I think the main thing is getting up and lying down might be hard for him at first. So the motorized bed would help. 

Unfortunately I'm usually not with them when they see the Dr. 

my cousin just had open heart surgery to repair/replace valve and one bypass. Super unfit person. After 24 hrs can sit up in bed already 😂 he said my father should have no problem 😉 

my mom's the one holding back in making decisions. She wants to see how my father is after surgery first. So I just threw in the hospital bed rental as an option. Move my girls out of their room... 😂 I think my parents are stuck here for 6-8 weeks, at least!

Need to faster call n secure it 1st.. even my wheelchair i almost had problem renting it cos apparently according to the vendors, theres alot of ppl injuring their legs recently.. hahaha.. i think i can only put down my leg down 90 degree after 6-8wks oso.. for now still need to keep it straight 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...