SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

2 hours ago, Janeoh said:

@Nakuru how are u feeling now? Managed to nap? Did they say when you'll be discharged?

Bedridden.. din really nap.. no idea when discharge.. knee got 1 hole.. need 2nd surgery but no idea when.. they need to connect back the tendon n then have to wait for more flesh to grow back then do skin grafting.. 

1 hour ago, Siphon said:

Oh no…. 😱😱😱😱 rest well… and be a good patient… just rest and watch some kdrama… 

Thinking of watching resident evil on netflix later.. dunno i will get a shock n affect my injuries or not lolol

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Bedridden.. din really nap.. no idea when discharge.. knee got 1 hole.. need 2nd surgery but no idea when.. they need to connect back the tendon n then have to wait for more flesh to grow back then do skin grafting.. 

that sounds so super serious! 🥺

there's Netflix and I use my kobo (ebook reader) a lot also... can borrow on NLB to read. 

my hb had knee surgery to repair his ACL last year, it was key hole... he's still doing physio for it...

Just now, Janeoh said:

that sounds so super serious! 🥺

there's Netflix and I use my kobo (ebook reader) a lot also... can borrow on NLB to read. 

my hb had knee surgery to repair his ACL last year, it was key hole... he's still doing physio for it...

Its actually by right not tt serious but becos the hole is quite big n almost expose bone.. + knee cap shatter abit..so tts y so troublesome..

5 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Its actually by right not tt serious but becos the hole is quite big n almost expose bone.. + knee cap shatter abit..so tts y so troublesome..

Err... knee cap shatter a bit sounds like a big deal!!! 

is the hole from the surgery or the fall?!? 😳

On 7/12/2022 at 6:35 PM, snooptrader said:

Will buy for sure this weekend.

Hahha, just pay once...and look handsome all the time!
On L plate bike.. how to install box? LOL

Today really busy with work and no time to reply to this thread earlier.. slept early yesterday..
.... on the way home.. saw a P-plate scooter ride next to cement truck.. not a good idea..

ohhh.. ok la.. same.. I was away for quite a while.. went for staycation and next now on MC due to grout attack/fever.. super bad grout...

On 7/12/2022 at 8:20 PM, Siphon said:

L plate if don't have space to put can get those sticker type. Police aren't too particular for bikes. because they also know got constrain. As long as the SIZE looks correct. 

As for the scooter... prob never come here and see all our advise lo... else is just not thinking and just riding... 

LOLOLOL... I'm sure some one told u ler.. hahaha//

On 7/12/2022 at 8:26 PM, Nakuru said:

He is L plate not P plate la.. he saying learner bike how to put box 😂

here it is.. haha...

On 7/14/2022 at 10:34 AM, Siphon said:

haha put on helmet confirm nobody will miss the label... but hor @snooptradershare with you hor... some people... see P plate will terrorize u more one... i've seen it happened and purposely put myself in between them to create space for the poor guy that's prob riding on his new bike the first few times... can see he super stress but the lorry behind was just tail gating him for fun. There are alot of A******* like that on the road... so its a double edge sword. 

Most people will give u way but there will always be that 1-2 idoits.... 

Yes.. when I was P plate or put some "jio people" wording behind.. alot of people tend to overtake me dangerously.. I remember I used to put this..

" I might be slow... but I'm fast! " hahahaha.. I remove this after 1 week.. cuz daily got car/bike rev beside me.. 😂

On 7/12/2022 at 1:57 PM, Nakuru said:

Hahaha i thinking of honda monkey if i ever change bike thou..

Haha my car probably will be like tt oso.. bike if can renew oso i will renew.. but likely will chg bike in future ba.. 

LOL.. ok la.. depending on what you wan lor...

On 7/12/2022 at 12:44 AM, Nakuru said:

i no see deer's antler but u can try some other horny accessories... hahahaha 

独家炫酷个性电动车摩托车安全头盔改装饰品恶魔犄角牛角羊角情侣-淘宝网 (taobao.com)

😂 this one not so nice lei... too fierce already... later cross those "low" ceiling the horn kanna hook sia...

On 7/14/2022 at 10:45 AM, Nakuru said:

driving oso same case.. u put p plate sometimes oso kena bully 1.. lol 

Yea... put p plate usually people tend to overtake... cuz they "think" they are faster.. hahahaha...

On 7/15/2022 at 5:20 PM, Janeoh said:

😂 just reading the BTT book. I thought the speed limit for all roads in sg already increased to 60km/h! 😂 oops. Okay so now I know it's still 50km/h. 

actually.. most speed default speedo is reduced by 5 at about 60.. so technically you are driving at 55.. so still ok.. 5km is the max allowances they give.. haha...

if you wan, can cross check with GPS speedo.. :)

On 7/16/2022 at 12:23 PM, Siphon said:

they just wanna see the labbit ears flap la 😂😂😂😂

yeah.. hahahaha... 

On 7/16/2022 at 2:05 PM, Janeoh said:

ya I told hb 😂 then he said "ya, I think no change what. Why do you think it changed?" Seriously I shall go google this. Why? Hahaha for a few years already, I've had this thought. 😂

How about major roads but not highway like ... Upper Thomson Road, Yio Chu Kang Road, Marine Parade Road, Sims... 😂 I seriously thought it was 60kmh 😂

major highway usually will pit 70km/h before the start.. and at the end will put back 50... but then again.. they put some in-between expressway.. 90 - 50 - 90... honestly.. I go to 70.. still got people overtake me at 90 lor.. =.=

On 7/16/2022 at 2:17 PM, Janeoh said:

We went for our first lesson today! 

Obviously never pass lah... got until the part where we're supposed to change to second gear around the mini circuit then I blur liao 😂 and sooooo hot! 🥵 I wasn't ready for that! Didn't bring water. 

Told my children about the lesson over lunch and then my oldest child  said... "so, your gluteus maximus had a workout". 😝 we're so unfit and we really don't use that muscle in our daily lives. 

So next Saturday morning, one more round of toning up that muscle. Shall have to mentally run through the coordination of hands (actually when I think back now, I think I'm a little blur liao 😅) shall google YouTube videos 😂

The first time the bike went to second gear, I believe I screamed.  "AH! So fast! Is this third gear? How many times did I kick up?!?" 😂 panicked then I stopped 😂 and someone crashed into me hahahaahahha

That's day one for us.

Oh edited to add:

I went to check out the photo taking thing after the class. Realise I couldn't do it cos I didn't have my identification on me. Then the lady at the counter also said if I have an existing license, I don't need to take. This is only for fresh learners with no license. Okay then...

Congrats on your first lesson! just keep going till you got your license.. :) 

On 7/16/2022 at 7:53 PM, Nakuru said:

School / old ppl zone is 40. Then kpe got 1 stretch oso 70.. so muz see the speed limit sign de lor..

Its turning black liao lor.. i juz bought a new pair so i can take the current 1 out to wash n swap lolol 

1st lesson wun pass so easily de.. usually need like 2-3 times on average de.. so no need feel sad or wat if didnt pass at 1st try.. today's weather really.. killer sia.. 😵😵 

Haha.. tt time when i juz started.. even gear 1 i find it damn fast.. worst when need to turn.. even more scary 

indeed.. KPE got several cameras.. for those who drive you should know.. if not, follow the pace of other vehicles.. but dun follow too closely cuz they (such as myself) will brake at last minute (just nice drop to 80/70 at speed traps) hahahahah... 😛

On 7/16/2022 at 11:01 PM, Siphon said:

There are roads where they would put 60kmh. But as long as you don't see any signboards... yup. you guessed it. 50kmh... so running at 71kmh = summon coming... haha

Yeah.. 50km/h is the standard max speed...

On 7/17/2022 at 10:20 AM, Janeoh said:

Right!!!! Ha! I told him I actually stopped (where the instructor was) and asked the instructor to verify if I needed to half-clutch the whole time! And he said yes!

Then my hb said "for what? It's like car what, once u pass the biting point then just hold the accelerator and it's so fun already. So relaxed." (He said he drove manual for quite a few years... me too! Last time manual more common/much cheaper than auto 😂)

i was like I half clutch until hand tired sia 😂

One quick question:

when I change from gear one to gear two, I kick up once or twice? Will it go to neutral? 😂 

this part I blur, cos for car the gear shift have actual positions...

LOL.. half clutch hand tired.. but on real road.. we change to netural.. hahahhahahhahaha....

2B bikes got Natural light infront right? During lesson if the queue if too long, can you change to neutral first? I'm not sure about the process.. cuz 2A I also play cheat by going natural since we dun have the 3 lights infront..

On 7/17/2022 at 2:06 PM, snooptrader said:

IMG_7996.thumb.jpg.81dc25ed56af8ec7c732d0f0e01e2a84.jpg

Soon.... 😅

Went L.A.B this morning to pick up the knee guards...

the guards looks similar like mine.. hahahah.. gloves I gotten durian glove cuz my palm is too huge.. LOL...

On 7/17/2022 at 4:14 PM, Janeoh said:

That's the one I got!

Thank you for that. I'll let hb know 😊 i guai guai half clutch all the way... 

no need to train further on the half clutch.. there was once I even brought the gripper.. then I train my clutch feeling.. but seriously.. never use after that.. LOL...

19 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Today was the first day of practical riding lesson and it was really exciting to actually get on the bike.

On the very first day, I had my session in the afternoon and I reached BBDC ten minutes before the actual start of the time. I went in and was told that we should download the app (thankfully I did) but had to log in and show the guy at the entrance for entry. That took like 3 mins with my hands all full with the helmet and gear. Staff was pretty friendly and directed me to the practical bike office.

Reached the office and I saw that my color was orange and I dutifully took a number.... and was later told that the number was already assigned to me; doh! :D So, put it back and joined the class, which wasn't large; just 4 of us.

Was told to verify the students via the app and the physical IC; and then told to go out to the shed and suit up.

Wore the knee and elbow guards and then made the way to the shed; was told not to wear the helmet first (yes, very eager to put on the new helmet.)

Later; was told to pick a bike and place our helmets on the bike.

The instructor; took another sample bike; CB190R I think and showed what to watch out for.

Look at the physical condition of the bike; mirrors, foot pegs and controls; brakes and clutch for physical damage.

Then was taught the control of the bikes; the lights, low beam (24/7), high beam, kill switch (must always be off), signal lights and how to start the bike.

He started the bike with the knowledge that the bike was in neutral; and then showed how to ID for the neutral gear; it says "N" and the indicator only shows the neural gear.

Next, we were told how to take the bike off the main stand and then how to place it back on the main stand - won't bore anyone with the details, but was very useful.

How to also walk the bike, always on the left of the bike and lean the bike towards the rider. How to walk the bike in reverse as well.

Finally; was told to mount the bike; really eager and then was told to get on the bike; always hold the front brake and then tilt the handle to the right.

Got on the bike and was told to start... (I've omitted some details; we already learnt to start the bike earlier)
... got on the bike and the class was told to feel the biting point of the clutch.. and "walk" the bike with the assistance of the biting point...

..... did that several times and it felt nice... with additional exercises of stopping only with the front brakes and then only with the rear brakes..

In that exercise; I notice that it is a "feel" to know how to rest the foot on the brake and not activate it... must be conscious about that.

Braking need all 4 fingers... yours truly likes to use three.... but will have to build the habit of four...

Next... finally get to try the circuit!

We were aligned in the various lanes of the circuit and were told to go round and practice stopping using first gear only.

I can understand what @Janeoh means by half clutch and trying not to have the bike be a beast or a dead horse.... so yes, it's a matter of clutch and.....

... here's the fun part; instructor said to try second gear and now that was really fun.... managed to get the bike in a faster speed with less vibration, but still being a newbie, sometimes, still ride the clutch ....

.... after trying for a couple of times... managed to go third gear though, I think the speed wasn't so good idea at some stage.. should have slowed down, down shift and then pick up... must remember that when slowing down, don't just blindly clutch it, bike can go faster (sorry if I'm just talking to myself in this instance).

After a couple more times; was told to stop and then go to the office for the results. Got to clear the first practical and now to book for the next one.
The instructor was trying to help us understand the control and corrected the hand grip (4 fingers for the brakes and not to ride them while accelerating) for me.

Was a really hot day but fulfilling lesson; I went to the Esso station to buy 2 bottles of cold drinks... sugary but it didn't matter; sure felt good!

After reaching home; got onto another 2 wheels... weather was warm but it didn't dampen the spirits for 2 wheels.. though.. .my helmet and gloves were soaked through after the lesson.. :D
Instructor recommend wearing helmet lining; I think I'm going to buy one later.

IMG_7999.JPG

waaa.. so fit... how I wish I can...

12 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Oh no!!!! 😯 I'm so sorry to hear about it.. 😐 ouch on the knee cap. Really feel for you..  I hope no abrasions... 😢

I just saw the picture... extremely painful....

11 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Yep.. slowed down but not enuff.. next time i noe i slide liao.. 

Sle towards bke tt curve there.. 

next time.. dun throttle or brake.. you might have squeeze your brake unconsciously.. 

2 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Thinking of watching resident evil on netflix later.. dunno i will get a shock n affect my injuries or not lolol

focus on resting well.. dun think soooo much...

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

yeah.. painfully....

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Err... knee cap shatter a bit sounds like a big deal!!! 

is the hole from the surgery or the fall?!? 😳

From the fall.. cos knee was 1st impact..

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Nakuru said:

From the fall.. cos knee was 1st impact..

Really get rest first and try not to move. Keep the abrasions clean (that's the most painful part 😢 ) and then let the body heal....

You will be back up and running soon....

On 7/18/2022 at 10:49 PM, snooptrader said:

Really get rest first and try not to move. Keep the abrasions clean (that's the most painful part 😢 ) and then let the body heal....

You will be back up and running soon....

Probably need at least 3 mths to properly function.. abrasion on other parts is not an issue.. the biggest issue now is the knee.. hais..

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Probably need at least 3 mths to properly function.. abrasion on other parts is not an issue.. the biggest issue now is the knee.. hais..

The most important is for you to get well …. Rest first and focus on recovery. When is the next op going to be? The good thing is that you are still fairly young. I’m sure the doctor said that. 

On 7/18/2022 at 6:43 PM, adesmond2 said:

ohhh.. ok la.. same.. I was away for quite a while.. went for staycation and next now on MC due to grout attack/fever.. super bad grout...

Yes.. when I was P plate or put some "jio people" wording behind.. alot of people tend to overtake me dangerously.. I remember I used to put this..

" I might be slow... but I'm fast! " hahahaha.. I remove this after 1 week.. cuz daily got car/bike rev beside me.. 😂

the guards looks similar like mine.. hahahah.. gloves I gotten durian glove cuz my palm is too huge.. LOL...

waaa.. so fit... how I wish I can...

Gout is very painful; I don’t have it but I can imagine since I have had cramps before and I guess gout is likely more painful.

Yea, guess I would just keep a low profile is best if pass….

Yes, the guards seems to be ok… wow… your hands are large! Ok, I’m still looking at a better pair of gloves….

I’m not fit but like two wheels… so best of both worlds.. but I’m not those who mod their bikes…. Just like to keep most factory spec-ed. 

4 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Gout is very painful; I don’t have it but I can imagine since I have had cramps before and I guess gout is likely more painful.

Yes, the guards seems to be ok… wow… your hands are large! Ok, I’m still looking at a better pair of gloves….

I’m not fit but like two wheels… so best of both worlds.. but I’m not those who mod their bikes…. Just like to keep most factory spec-ed. 

My husband tells me gout is as painful as childbirth 😂 but really hard to compare since he has never given birth and I've not had a gout attack 😜 

are u on long term medication or is this a once off?

• Haha 1

Just now, Janeoh said:

My husband tells me gout is as painful as childbirth 😂 but really hard to compare since he has never given birth and I've not had a gout attack 😜 

I don’t have gout as far as I know.. only leg cramps when I go running for longer distances.. :D 

I think childbirth is most painful… even though I’ve not given birth too! LOL… :D 

I’m not young, hence need to exercise to avoid gout… it’s a “rich society” disease.. 

7 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

I don’t have gout as far as I know.. only leg cramps when I go running for longer distances.. :D 

I think childbirth is most painful… even though I’ve not given birth too! LOL… :D 

I’m not young, hence need to exercise to avoid gout… it’s a “rich society” disease.. 

It's also genetic... the levels can be normal but if the body can't get rid of the uric acid then little bit also can form crystals. Drink more water and not eating trigger foods seems to help my hb. But he's also on long term medication 😂

I believe it must be quite painful lah. My hb pain tolerance quite high since he can go around with a torn ACL for months 😂 Birth pains only a few hours and it's done. Gout seems to last longer unless pain medication is taken. But having frequent gout attacks also leads to arthritis... so always good to get it under control. 

40 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

The most important is for you to get well …. Rest first and focus on recovery. When is the next op going to be? The good thing is that you are still fairly young. I’m sure the doctor said that. 

Next op is tml.. n another on Mon..

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

It's also genetic... the levels can be normal but if the body can't get rid of the uric acid then little bit also can form crystals. Drink more water and not eating trigger foods seems to help my hb. But he's also on long term medication 😂

I believe it must be quite painful lah. My hb pain tolerance quite high since he can go around with a torn ACL for months 😂 Birth pains only a few hours and it's done. Gout seems to last longer unless pain medication is taken. But having frequent gout attacks also leads to arthritis... so always good to get it under control. 

Agree that it is genetic; my father had it, hence I’m extra careful… I still do enjoy good food though! :D

2 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Hang in there… the op should help you recover faster…. Just rest and watch Netflix; subscribers fell by 1 million; less than feared. 

Keep your spirits up! 

3 hours ago, Nakuru said:

One step at a time. Time never stops and healing is a natural process. It’s going to be hard but rest and just close to eyes and let the world pass u by🙊.

I had a skiing accident before and can’t walk for almost a month… was moving around in the house like a worm 😂😂😂 my wife had a good laugh that period… cause I’ll be rolling around everywhere… she say good la no need to mop the floor liao. 🤣🤣🤣 anyway floor also robot mop one mah

33 minutes ago, Siphon said:

One step at a time. Time never stops and healing is a natural process. It’s going to be hard but rest and just close to eyes and let the world pass u by🙊.

I had a skiing accident before and can’t walk for almost a month… was moving around in the house like a worm 😂😂😂 my wife had a good laugh that period… cause I’ll be rolling around everywhere… she say good la no need to mop the floor liao. 🤣🤣🤣 anyway floor also robot mop one mah

Ouch! Okay not bringing kids for ski trip liao 😂

COE for bike now close to 11K! 😅 nevermind I pass any time soon. 

this is really like the 80/90s man... can't remember when else it was so high... 

1st op was to clean the wound.. they cut away all the affected skin so now my knee 1 big hole now.. tml op they will join back the tendon.. mon's op will cut calf muscle n paste over n do skin grafting.. 

Ouch! Okay not bringing kids for ski trip liao 😂

COE for bike now close to 11K! 😅 nevermind I pass any time soon. 

this is really like the 80/90s man... can't remember when else it was so high... 

😂😂😂 I was stupid and went for too high level …  and was too exhausted when I got to the bottom then the accident happened…

skiiing is actually very relaxing and surreal. Just make sure you take 2-3 lessons to learn the basics. It’s not a natural movement for the body and legs… so need to learn and adapt😅

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

1st op was to clean the wound.. they cut away all the affected skin so now my knee 1 big hole now.. tml op they will join back the tendon.. mon's op will cut calf muscle n paste over n do skin grafting.. 

the first op sounds really scary. All the best on your op tomorrow! Hope it goes smoothly. 

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

wah… the one big hole always sends chills down my back 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Siphon said:

skiiing is actually very relaxing and surreal. Just make sure you take 2-3 lessons to learn the basics. It’s not a natural movement for the body and legs… so need to learn and adapt😅

😅 will wait till they're older. Though I hear the younger ones learn faster 

6 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Yes..swollen until like pig leg.. cannot even wear my usual footwear.. cannot even put the foot on the floor.. that's how painful lor.. 

6 hours ago, Janeoh said:

no la.. I believe childbirth is more painful.. 

hmmmm.. grout is like.. internal bleeding, swollen.. you touch abit pain already.. and the pain is like open wound put salt like this? but if your grout attack never put any pressure on it.. 0 pain..

childbirth = you have no opinion but to push it out.. so.. that's painful...

one time off.. but I'm having it on a monthly basis.. usually resolved within 1 day.. this time round.. since sunday due today still swollen.. just went to see doctor again.. and the doctor extend another 3 more days mc.. =.=

6 hours ago, snooptrader said:

LOL.. that's what alot of people say.. red meat / nuts..

I used to eat alot of nuts daily.. until grout happened to me.. so no nuts... and nuts is not rich society disease lor.. hahaha...

5 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Agree that it is genetic; my father had it, hence I’m extra careful… I still do enjoy good food though! :D

haix.. everything in moderation... haha.. maybe I eat too much nuts that time... 

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

aiyo... take care sia....

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055