SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

11 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Im in the room majority of the time cos its quite hard for mi to go to the living room.. i only leave my room to heat up my lunch then i come back liao.. haha

aiyo.. that's why I often say.. room need to have TV also.. you never know when you gonna use it.. haha.. 

I have 2 TV in my room.. 1 27 inch iMac.. 1 laptop, 1 tablet and several phones.. hahahhahahahhah... (2 TV cuz my wife and I used to fight over which channel to watch).. then with 2 TV, we wun be fighting anymore.. hahaha..

1 bigger screen TV in living room and 1 27 inch iMac (for work purpose) LOL..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

7 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

aiyo.. that's why I often say.. room need to have TV also.. you never know when you gonna use it.. haha.. 

I have 2 TV in my room.. 1 27 inch iMac.. 1 laptop, 1 tablet and several phones.. hahahhahahahhah... (2 TV cuz my wife and I used to fight over which channel to watch).. then with 2 TV, we wun be fighting anymore.. hahaha..

Wah seh.. to me bedroom is for sleeping so i didnt put any entertainment in the room.. haha

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Wah seh.. to me bedroom is for sleeping so i didnt put any entertainment in the room.. haha

LOL.. a few of my friends also never put.. but for us.. put just in case we need.. :) 

• Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

My bedroom is my hideout. I have everything here... except food 😂

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2022 at 11:07 PM, Siphon said:

Try going longchamp to check out the men's wallets. They are leather but they are waterproof somewhat... and they last forever. Nice designs too. Best part? amazingly fair prices comparing to other better know brands... hahaa

I will still use my nylon wallet.. :D for now..

On 8/15/2022 at 11:47 PM, Nakuru said:

This weekend see how.. maybe will go town walk walk.. suntec seems like a pretty wheelchair assessible mall except it can be quite crowded.. haha

The jackets actually quality not that bad leh.. n its stated ce rated la.. just how true i dunno.. but i see review about ppl fall down n the jacket saved them so i bought it.. hahaha

Ya i was amazed he clear so fast oso.. he was from cdc n i helped him booked all his lessons cos im generally more free to camp the system for him.. pro n con about not being able to book multiple sessions.. like i would appreciate if they allow like max 2 lessons booked instead of just 1 cos im those definitely cannot pass in 1st try.. hahaha but luckily i found the pattern of how they release their classes n managed to book mine weekly.. hehe

I can testify that Suntec is pretty good and wide for chairs with wheels... I work there :D
Ok, but maybe I'm super conservative... so for mesh.. like to go for those mainstream ones...  if live reviews say "save", must've worked!

Yes, he's really good to clear.. I'm just going to try my best and book once I can....  I know it's a little slow.. but it's ok.. eyeing a make now... :D .. not sure if it's gonna be a good one..

On 8/16/2022 at 8:04 AM, adesmond2 said:

Woah... I just give in as I can't stand "dual" sound of different channels or music / tv... so far.. .no TV for me.. YouTube in my closet or just forum like now.. :D

2 hours ago, snooptrader said:

I can testify that Suntec is pretty good and wide for chairs with wheels... I work there :D
Ok, but maybe I'm super conservative... so for mesh.. like to go for those mainstream ones...  if live reviews say "save", must've worked!

Yes, he's really good to clear.. I'm just going to try my best and book once I can....  I know it's a little slow.. but it's ok.. eyeing a make now... :D .. not sure if it's gonna be a good one..

Ya lor.. so maybe try my luck go there for an hour or 2 just to habe a change of environment instead of lying in bed whole day.. 

No need care fast or slow la.. most important u need to grasp all the concept well before the next lesson.. just do it at your own pace..

• Like 1

22 hours ago, apogeeXX said:

Hi guys,
while you take a break, here's an educational piece for us all ...

indeed.. remember not to assume the car infront will just proceed.. dun rev too high.. I presume that guy just got his CL2 also.. maybe first few weeks.. 

21 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Woah... I just give in as I can't stand "dual" sound of different channels or music / tv... so far.. .no TV for me.. YouTube in my closet or just forum like now.. :D

hahaha.. nowadays only switch on one.. 2nd one will on if my kids wan to watch Pokemon.. one tv will be mute.. hahahaha...

22 hours ago, apogeeXX said:

Hi guys,

Actually now I watch and I'm wondering... why did the bike go into the car?

8 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Actually now I watch and I'm wondering... why did the bike go into the car?

Stick too close to the car so never expect the car infront will stop lor.. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, apogeeXX said:

Hi guys,

ouch... on the bright side no one was badly hurt... 

7 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Hmm... it's the whole wanting to squeeze (speaking like a driver 😂)

yup.. thats why those SSDC surprises by those cars and lorries are pretty good training really. They will SUDDENLY stop to reverse... hahaa hope BBDC and CDC have similar experiences too

17 hours ago, Siphon said:

yup.. thats why those SSDC surprises by those cars and lorries are pretty good training really. They will SUDDENLY stop to reverse... hahaa hope BBDC and CDC have similar experiences too

Yep.. i always get a shock when i was behind them n the reverse light comes up cos they always move so forward to the stop line.. scary shit.. learners are too unpredictable..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2022 at 11:50 PM, Nakuru said:

Ya lor.. so maybe try my luck go there for an hour or 2 just to habe a change of environment instead of lying in bed whole day.. 

No need care fast or slow la.. most important u need to grasp all the concept well before the next lesson.. just do it at your own pace..

It's not too bad today even on a Friday - people tend to work from home? For my work; I tend to be in the office.. :D

Yes, will slowly learn and do the best...

On 8/18/2022 at 7:30 PM, Nakuru said:

Stick too close to the car so never expect the car infront will stop lor.. 

I'm trying to be mindful that bike and cars are totally different.. When I go to class, first thing I tell myself, "I know nothing"

4 hours ago, snooptrader said:

I'm trying to be mindful that bike and cars are totally different.. When I go to class, first thing I tell myself, "I know nothing"

Yeah. In the car... usually you can zone out until you kinda need to change lanes or exit. But on a bike you have to be present at all time. Zone out and the next moment you might be in big trouble. That's probably why most riders go faster and faster... hahaa trying to stay awake and focus... 

• Like 1

Lesson 3.01

The weather was was really cloudy and thought that it was going to be one gloomy day. When reached BBDC, was early and carried the guards. Checked with the instructors on the need for guards, and it wasn't needed for this lesson and went back to keep the guards. By the time I got back to the holding area, wore the jersey and waited for the lesson to start. The weather ended up really nice and cool and not too sunny by the end of the lesson.

The instructor came and asked us to choose our bikes and get ready to ride off we stopped at the side where there was the "plank" and the cones (for the slalom course) 

The aim of the lesson was the ride across the plank and to do the slalom course. Before coming to this lesson, read the handbook that 3.01 was the plank and thought that it should be fine, it was not like a platform that moves, so didn't think much about it.

Now, didn't think much about it until one does it.. (for me personally) 😳

Round one, got up, went up a third and went down the rest of the way. The next was the slalom which the rider was the start in 1st gear before moving to 2nd gear and just use the momentum of the gear to get through the course in under 6 seconds.

The slalom was something that was done with less drama and lots was going through the head on the "plank" rather than the slalom which was lesser of an issue, personally.

By the end of the 6 round, the inevitable was ... next lesson 3.01, which truly was needed, as was far from competent on the plank despite clearing the slalom on a bike which had a rough shifter. The thing is, the rider deficiency and not bike, as plank only requires gear 1 and clutch (no shifting), so rider skill wasn't up to scratch. 

Out of 6 rounds, managed to ride of the plank the whole way 2 (aka one third of all attempts) times and albeit, not smooth, like rushing it.. 

While this lesson wasn't cleared, enthusiasm wasn't dampened at all, as it's part of learning and trying to get a better control of the bike. It's the most humbling lesson as a straight line seems such a pedestrian thing.... :)

Just to share the real experience where some bumps do occur... so next lesson will be 3.01. :)

On 8/19/2022 at 11:42 PM, Siphon said:

Yeah. In the car... usually you can zone out until you kinda need to change lanes or exit. But on a bike you have to be present at all time. Zone out and the next moment you might be in big trouble. That's probably why most riders go faster and faster... hahaa trying to stay awake and focus... 

That's really true about bikes, can't zone out at all.... have to be at the present all the time... well said.

15 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Round one, got up, went up a third and went down the rest of the way. The next was the slalom which the rider was the start in 1st gear before moving to 2nd gear and just use the momentum of the gear to get through the course in under 6 seconds.

The slalom was something that was done with less drama and lots was going through the head on the "plank" rather than the slalom which was lesser of an issue, personally.

By the end of the 6 round, the inevitable was ... next lesson 3.01, which truly was needed, as was far from competent on the plank despite clearing the slalom on a bike which had a rough shifter. The thing is, the rider deficiency and not bike, as plank only requires gear 1 and clutch (no shifting), so rider skill wasn't up to scratch. 

Out of 6 rounds, managed to ride of the plank the whole way 2 (aka one third of all attempts) times and albeit, not smooth, like rushing it.. 

While this lesson wasn't cleared, enthusiasm wasn't dampened at all, as it's part of learning and trying to get a better control of the bike. It's the most humbling lesson as a straight line seems such a pedestrian thing.... :)

Just to share the real experience where some bumps do occur... so next lesson will be 3.01. :)

For plank n slalom, your view point is important. Once u see wrong point only, chances are u will fall off the plank or hit the cone. Look far at where u are going going n chances is u will get thru them with no issue.. unless u r weird like me where i have to stare at the plank then can balance la.. haha.. for slalom, just look at the spaces that u have to go.. if u look at the cone, u will bang them.. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

For plank n slalom, your view point is important. Once u see wrong point only, chances are u will fall off the plank or hit the cone. Look far at where u are going going n chances is u will get thru them with no issue.. unless u r weird like me where i have to stare at the plank then can balance la.. haha.. for slalom, just look at the spaces that u have to go.. if u look at the cone, u will bang them.. 

Plank 1, Snooptrader zero

Slalom zero Snooptrader Uno.

:D

... plank just flattened my confidence.. :D I'm happy this guy (he's in NS) cleared it and he did it really well on the first try and multiple tries... 💯
.. Booked to try after I come back from down-under... I'm gonna try again when I land... don't laugh but i actually look forward to my bike lessons... :)

1 minute ago, snooptrader said:

Plank 1, Snooptrader zero

Slalom zero Snooptrader Uno.

:D

... plank just flattened my confidence.. :D I'm happy this guy (he's in NS) cleared it and he did it really well on the first try and multiple tries... 💯
.. Booked to try after I come back from down-under... I'm gonna try again when I land... don't laugh but i actually look forward to my bike lessons... :)

Looking forward to it is a good thing.. means u are motivated and determined to do well so you wun be laughed at that.. for ur next lesson, u just need to figure out whether u're the type that needs to see far or the type that needs to look down.. then just stick to it.. when u go up the plank, it is ok to go up faster a little to get tt balance and momentum.. then when u are on the plank, just maintain clutch and throttle.. if u think u're going too fast, u can either use the rear brakes or clutch in a bit.. just maintain throttle else it may jerk and make you fall down faster.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nakuru said:

Looking forward to it is a good thing.. means u are motivated and determined to do well so you wun be laughed at that.. for ur next lesson, u just need to figure out whether u're the type that needs to see far or the type that needs to look down.. then just stick to it.. when u go up the plank, it is ok to go up faster a little to get tt balance and momentum.. then when u are on the plank, just maintain clutch and throttle.. if u think u're going too fast, u can either use the rear brakes or clutch in a bit.. just maintain throttle else it may jerk and make you fall down faster.. 

@Nakuru thanks very much for the tip; will take notes and use it for the next lesson..

Don't laugh; I actually take notes and reflect what has to be done to be better on the next lesson... have to think about it and then literally sleep on it :)

Yes, have to figure if I need to look down or just look straight ahead... Just didn't have that same knack as the slalom which came naturally... I'm beginning to question myself if I'm "straight" - I'm kidding! :D

1 minute ago, snooptrader said:

@Nakuru thanks very much for the tip; will take notes and use it for the next lesson..

Don't laugh; I actually take notes and reflect what has to be done to be better on the next lesson... have to think about it and then literally sleep on it :)

Yes, have to figure if I need to look down or just look straight ahead... Just didn't have that same knack as the slalom which came naturally... I'm beginning to question myself if I'm "straight" - I'm kidding! :D

Haha when i 1st do my plank, i think i only suceeded like twice for the entire session.. until i realised im the type that needs to look down.. and it is good that you are taking it seriously so no people will laugh at you la.. actually if u have bicycle, maybe u can use it to try to cycle in a straight line at low speed.. they should work about the same.. i dun have much problem with the slalom too.. it just comes naturally.. haha

1 minute ago, Nakuru said:

... actually if u have bicycle, maybe u can use it to try to cycle in a straight line at low speed.. they should work about the same.. i dun have much problem with the slalom too.. it just comes naturally.. haha

That's a good idea... I might do that tomorrow night after work, if i don't have to OT...  or after my run ... the main thing is to see what works and yes, a bicycle should have that concept of point of reference... Yea, need to control the throttle... and the clutch... so slalom is also natural to you too! *high 5... it's probably the most fun..  :D ... I want to say that of the plank and then make it fun... challenges while difficult at first must be our aim to master... :)

How's your recovery coming along? I'm sure you can't wait to have the bandages come off..... Did you manage to go to Suntec? It's a nice place to look at bikes... a lot of nice bikes there....

5 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

That's a good idea... I might do that tomorrow night after work, if i don't have to OT...  or after my run ... the main thing is to see what works and yes, a bicycle should have that concept of point of reference... Yea, need to control the throttle... and the clutch... so slalom is also natural to you too! *high 5... it's probably the most fun..  :D ... I want to say that of the plank and then make it fun... challenges while difficult at first must be our aim to master... :)

How's your recovery coming along? I'm sure you can't wait to have the bandages come off..... Did you manage to go to Suntec? It's a nice place to look at bikes... a lot of nice bikes there....

Hehe *high 5.. ok la.. once u get it plank will not be an issue.. i have not fallen off the plank once i noe where to keep my eyes to.. so u can do it de 👍

Still the same.. doc removed the bandages on fri cos the wounds mostly closed up n just need to wait for the scabs to drop..  1 hole + the skin grafted area need to cover up.. its actually pretty disgusting that the bandage is off and i scare of impact with any objects also.. 

end up i nv go suntec leh.. but i went punggol container for lunch just Now n i just cried the moment the waiter serve my food cos i realised its been 2 months since i last went out 😂😂😂

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, snooptrader said:

for Class 2B... hehee... lemme give you a cheat. But its not goner work for Class 2A and Class 2. So you'll need to work on it more when you go next level. 

1. Move off with confidence, 1st Gear, half clutch and VROOOOOMMMM.

2. GRIP TANK with thighs. (This is VERY important because it makes u become 1 with the bike)

3. Go up the Plank,

4. Clutch IN FULLY. (hold the throttle at a lower rpm just in case still need more power can half clutch).

5.  Look far ahead,

6. Just let the bike roll all the way to the end. If need to slow down just tap your REAR brakes. 

for 2A & 2... well you will need to slow down the bike because you need 8s & 10s on the plank. So rolling to the end will be too fast without braking haha... 

At no point of time should you be using your FRONT brakes. NEVER. EVER press that front brake on the plank. You'll just lose balance. 

If you fall off the plank. Just half clutch, pick up speed and keep those thigh tight on the tank and ride off. Your bike will self upright once there's speed. 

All the best!

25 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Hehe *high 5.. ok la.. once u get it plank will not be an issue.. i have not fallen off the plank once i noe where to keep my eyes to.. so u can do it de 👍

Still the same.. doc removed the bandages on fri cos the wounds mostly closed up n just need to wait for the scabs to drop..  1 hole + the skin grafted area need to cover up.. its actually pretty disgusting that the bandage is off and i scare of impact with any objects also.. 

end up i nv go suntec leh.. but i went punggol container for lunch just Now n i just cried the moment the waiter serve my food cos i realised its been 2 months since i last went out 😂😂😂

ouch ouch ouch... get well and fully recovered soon! hurts to even read the damages...