SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

3 hours ago, Janeoh said:

When u say mini circuit.... what do u mean? 😅 I suspect it's different from CDC - we have a small space to go round and round in but it's maybe 200m per round. Could do the figure of eight in that round but that's it. 

im imagining like a mini s-course and everything when u say mini circuit. That would be soooo cute. 😂

BBDC circuit has a main circuit that has a slope; an outer lane and courses on the inner sides with Stop signs, traffic lights.

Think the layout is good for learning. The outter ring is likely 800m a round. So pretty good. Instructors also educate us students where we make mistakes… 

4 hours ago, snooptrader said:

BBDC circuit has a main circuit that has a slope; an outer lane and courses on the inner sides with Stop signs, traffic lights.

Think the layout is good for learning. The outter ring is likely 800m a round. So pretty good. Instructors also educate us students where we make mistakes… 

Sounds like CDC... share w cars right?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Janeoh said:

you mean it's like a multi storey building for learning? No wonder it's sheltered! 😱 so nice!!!!

CDC is really small and cramp 😂 we share with all the L drivers also. 

Last saturday it was so crowded that even when we were supposed to go up to 4/5 gear, the car would stop in the lane and we also need to stop behind 😂 then there was one super P driver, s/he just went out on the filter/give way lane without slowing down 😂 Heng I'm a driver, I can predict that that might happen, slow down and let the car pass. 

Yea.. but the shelter dun cover everything so still got chance to get wet.. n all the bike parks on the 5th floor which is open space.. lol 

Ya.. still gotta predict when u're on the road in future.. nowadays alot of assholes on the road

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Ya.. still gotta predict when u're on the road in future.. nowadays alot of assholes on the road

Definitely well aware of this 😂 more now than twenty years ago 😂

25 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

ea.. but the shelter dun cover everything so still got chance to get wet.. n all the bike parks on the 5th floor which is open space.. lol 

Really like multi story carpark 😂

On 8/7/2022 at 5:50 PM, Nakuru said:

I doubt i went in tt fast.. dunno y the bike just couldnt make the turn tt day.. oh well..

Maybe there was an accident previously and they didn't clean up the oil there... 

9 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Yea.. but the shelter dun cover everything so still got chance to get wet.. n all the bike parks on the 5th floor which is open space.. lol 

8 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Definitely well aware of this 😂 more now than twenty years ago 😂

Really like multi story carpark 😂

LOL.. unlike CDC/BBDC - rain or shine, we take it all.. hahaha...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

16 hours ago, Siphon said:

Maybe there was an accident previously and they didn't clean up the oil there... 

Dun think so.. Oh well.. next time wear more protection in case fall down again..

7 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Yes; share with cars.. but it’s good… like real roads.. :) 

All driving center same same will need to share with cars de.. i find learner cars more dangerous than outside drivers thou.. cos no skills + dunno what they wan to do.. hahaha

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Dun think so.. Oh well.. next time wear more protection in case fall down again..

All driving center same same will need to share with cars de.. i find learner cars more dangerous than outside drivers thou.. cos no skills + dunno what they wan to do.. hahaha

SSDC also share with cars?? Or only certain floors got car? I heard higher floor dun have..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

6 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

SSDC also share with cars?? Or only certain floors got car? I heard higher floor dun have..

Nope.. all 3 floors will have cars.. just tt level 5 not that much.. mostly is on level 1 n 5.. level 1 is the test area for both cars n bikes so waiting for the cars to park can be quite annoying at times cos they are VERY SLOW.. then sometimes u juz see how they mount kerb etc.. hahaha.. worst is cos the stop line n parking lot very near.. so everytime the car signal, i dunno they wan to go straight n turn left or use the parking lot.. sometimes i already at their back then they put to reverse gear.. i tmd chua sai i tell u 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Nope.. all 3 floors will have cars.. just tt level 5 not that much.. mostly is on level 1 n 5.. level 1 is the test area for both cars n bikes so waiting for the cars to park can be quite annoying at times cos they are VERY SLOW.. then sometimes u juz see how they mount kerb etc.. hahaha.. worst is cos the stop line n parking lot very near.. so everytime the car signal, i dunno they wan to go straight n turn left or use the parking lot.. sometimes i already at their back then they put to reverse gear.. i tmd chua sai i tell u 

confirm.. every time I see white light on, I horn no matter where.. (school or out on the road) You dun wan to kanna bang and it seems like your fault.. 😂

2 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

confirm.. every time I see white light on, I horn no matter where.. (school or out on the road) You dun wan to kanna bang and it seems like your fault.. 😂

Ikr.. later they will say y u follow so closely.. n im like why the hell the car drive so forward till the stop line? 

5 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Ikr.. later they will say y u follow so closely.. n im like why the hell the car drive so forward till the stop line? 

yes yes.. some more.. some can happen REALLY quick.. by the time you notice, they are accelerating towards back.. how far also kanna lor.. (Same as on the road)

6 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

yes yes.. some more.. some can happen REALLY quick.. by the time you notice, they are accelerating towards back.. how far also kanna lor.. (Same as on the road)

Ya.. damn scary.. somemore sometimes they panic.. then they slam the accelerater.. if the instructor not fast enuff then i will be the 1 who dies sia 

5 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Then practice evasive moves... and it will be "legal" :D Just have to anticipate.. and all of us were once learners.. even as drivers..

6 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Ya.. damn scary.. somemore sometimes they panic.. then they slam the accelerater.. if the instructor not fast enuff then i will be the 1 who dies sia 

Wah if really a fatal accident happen in the school... i think the instructor confirm get sacked... I remember all the SSDC cars have the foot brake extension in the vehicle... so they can "brake" for the student haha... I remember feeling how come my car got auto brake... then realized the instructor was braking earlier for me... 

6 hours ago, Siphon said:

Wah if really a fatal accident happen in the school... i think the instructor confirm get sacked... I remember all the SSDC cars have the foot brake extension in the vehicle... so they can "brake" for the student haha... I remember feeling how come my car got auto brake... then realized the instructor was braking earlier for me... 

CDC also 😂 ... super old modification 😂

then during this bike orientation the instructor mentioned, bike is not like car, car the instructor can brake for u... bike cannot. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nakuru said:

yeah.. but confirm they (the instructor) fast one.. 

9 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Then practice evasive moves... and it will be "legal" :D Just have to anticipate.. and all of us were once learners.. even as drivers..

LOL.. sometimes.. hard to evade, especially in real life.. yesterday I encounter a driver from he**.. number plate 666.. drive like no one's business.. cut here cut there.. keep cutting.. I tot he's rushing to hospital and chase up with him.. but no.. he's rushing to he** instead.. 🤨

7 hours ago, Siphon said:

yeah.. but usually they will prevent it la.. unless the instructor sleeping..like my last time instructor.. extremely confident with my skills.. just tell me.. you go any ways you wan back to school, just don't take the expressway.. I'll take a nap.. wake me up just before the traffic light before you turn in.. LOL..

*Could be during my army driving school as well.. can't recall already.. haha.. (I took my license right after my army) so.. no recall which instructor already.. 😂

1 hour ago, Janeoh said:

CDC also 😂 ... super old modification 😂

then during this bike orientation the instructor mentioned, bike is not like car, car the instructor can brake for u... bike cannot. 

indeed.. bike brake for you accident faster.. 😂

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 7:37 AM, adesmond2 said:

yeah.. but confirm they (the instructor) fast one.. 

LOL.. sometimes.. hard to evade, especially in real life.. yesterday I encounter a driver from he**.. number plate 666.. drive like no one's business.. cut here cut there.. keep cutting.. I tot he's rushing to hospital and chase up with him.. but no.. he's rushing to he** instead.. 🤨

Yup, there are many drivers that just drive like as if they are rushing somewhere… not just fast per say but cutting in and out in a non advisable manner…. :D 

Lesson 2.02

Out of the usual, had the lesson in the morning on a bright and sunny day. (so I thought.. more on that later)

Had to wake up early in the morning and got ready for the lesson; reached in about 10 minutes before the commencement of the lesson.

Lesson was "Right turns at traffic lights and junctions and lane change" - minor to major roads and vice versa.

There were a lot of bike learners, but for 2.02; there were 4 students.

Were told to grab our bikes and push it to the start line and follow the instructor for the warm up.

Made about 2 rounds in the mini-city circuit and told to stop by a stop sign which was at the right junction.

Again, formation is key, with first rider on the right, and second on left and so on; as long as the lane is a single arrow lane and not those "shared" lanes where one can go straight or turn.

Turning was important to go into the outer most lane smoothly.
The circuit was crowded with the 2A and of course cars! So many of them and they were really slow, but I am sure the 2As were thinking the same thing about the 2Bs.

The instructor mentioned that it was important for the students to see the situation and not just go through changing lanes and such without observation.

Managed to do more right turns with some corrections, keeping into the middle of the outer lane and not anywhere else.

At traffic lights, it was important to know how bikes form up, broken line one, first bike, and the second bike, on the second broken line. Third bike is behind the traffic stop line..

Next students were going to learn how to turn from minor road to major road and then filtering back to the left before filtering back to the right to make a right turn.

Sounds easy?

Was told to follow the instructor and then the bike behind mimics the bike in front... apparently it wasn't and we were ticked off on it.. from yours truly onward (2nd bike after first student) :D

It started to rain heavily..

So, instructors asked students to grabbed the raincoats.

Grabbed the top but forewent the pants as it was hot... and it was raining cats and dogs...

Was told to go out and practice.. with the rain, it felt fine though my pants was totally wet (own choice).

By the end of the lesson, wasn't sure what the outcome was as it was really heavy... but in the end, will be looking at 3.01 gratefully.

IMG_8117.thumb.jpg.3e8061c55485b0e9035ea2bb9cfeb573.jpg

Was totally soaked and the phone earpiece speaker was this tinny sound (even rated as waterproof).

So, fellow students, 1) bag your phone IP68 or what.. the earpiece speaker was tinny 😐 2) wear the rain-pants. Will opt for 1) still.

The phone was okay today, what I did was to put the phone in rice (yes, as in "nasi" or "fan".. uncooked for goodness sake.. don't go and buy Nasi Lemak and put your phone in and blame Ah Bang here) in a sealed container.

Just an update on the experience. :)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Lesson 2.02

Out of the usual, had the lesson in the morning on a bright and sunny day. (so I thought.. more on that later)

Had to wake up early in the morning and got ready for the lesson; reached in about 10 minutes before the commencement of the lesson.

Lesson was "Right turns at traffic lights and junctions and lane change" - minor to major roads and vice versa.

There were a lot of bike learners, but for 2.02; there were 4 students.

Were told to grab our bikes and push it to the start line and follow the instructor for the warm up.

Made about 2 rounds in the mini-city circuit and told to stop by a stop sign which was at the right junction.

Again, formation is key, with first rider on the right, and second on left and so on; as long as the lane is a single arrow lane and not those "shared" lanes where one can go straight or turn.

Turning was important to go into the outer most lane smoothly.
The circuit was crowded with the 2A and of course cars! So many of them and they were really slow, but I am sure the 2As were thinking the same thing about the 2Bs.

The instructor mentioned that it was important for the students to see the situation and not just go through changing lanes and such without observation.

Managed to do more right turns with some corrections, keeping into the middle of the outer lane and not anywhere else.

At traffic lights, it was important to know how bikes form up, broken line one, first bike, and the second bike, on the second broken line. Third bike is behind the traffic stop line..

Next students were going to learn how to turn from minor road to major road and then filtering back to the left before filtering back to the right to make a right turn.

Sounds easy?

Was told to follow the instructor and then the bike behind mimics the bike in front... apparently it wasn't and we were ticked off on it.. from yours truly onward (2nd bike after first student) :D

It started to rain heavily..

So, instructors asked students to grabbed the raincoats.

Grabbed the top but forewent the pants as it was hot... and it was raining cats and dogs...

Was told to go out and practice.. with the rain, it felt fine though my pants was totally wet (own choice).

By the end of the lesson, wasn't sure what the outcome was as it was really heavy... but in the end, will be looking at 3.01 gratefully.

IMG_8117.thumb.jpg.3e8061c55485b0e9035ea2bb9cfeb573.jpg

Was totally soaked and the phone earpiece speaker was this tinny sound (even rated as waterproof).

So, fellow students, 1) bag your phone IP68 or what.. the earpiece speaker was tinny 😐 2) wear the rain-pants. Will opt for 1) still.

The phone was okay today, what I did was to put the phone in rice (yes, as in "nasi" or "fan".. uncooked for goodness sake.. don't go and buy Nasi Lemak and put your phone in and blame Ah Bang here) in a sealed container.

Just an update on the experience. :)

Congrats on passing ur lesson 2! The fun and stress starts from lesson 3.. haha

For mi i put my belongings in a small waist pouch.. those tt were used for jogging.. so it doesnt hinder me when im sitting becos women's pants' pockets are pretty much useless. N oso it will be protected under the raincoat so even if wet till underwear oso no issue for the phone.. if i not wrong the waist pouch is slightly waterproof also.. maybe u can consider getting it.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Congrats on passing ur lesson 2! The fun and stress starts from lesson 3.. haha

For mi i put my belongings in a small waist pouch.. those tt were used for jogging.. so it doesnt hinder me when im sitting becos women's pants' pockets are pretty much useless. N oso it will be protected under the raincoat so even if wet till underwear oso no issue for the phone.. if i not wrong the waist pouch is slightly waterproof also.. maybe u can consider getting it.. 

Thank you, will learn as much as possible at every stage. How are you holding up? Hope recovery is progressing better...

That's a great suggestion to have a waist pouch to hold things in. I bought a whole packet of ziplock bags to keep my belongings dry (after the phone incident - my money is still wet.. LOL, yes, I still carry cash around )... at least I'm trying.. :D

I've to start doing the theory as I've heard that it's quite hard to get booking for the test...

This is really a journey and I'm really glad you all are here with me.. to advise and motivate. :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Thank you, will learn as much as possible at every stage. How are you holding up? Hope recovery is progressing better...

That's a great suggestion to have a waist pouch to hold things in. I bought a whole packet of ziplock bags to keep my belongings dry (after the phone incident - my money is still wet.. LOL, yes, I still carry cash around )... at least I'm trying.. :D

I've to start doing the theory as I've heard that it's quite hard to get booking for the test...

This is really a journey and I'm really glad you all are here with me.. to advise and motivate. :)

This is the pouch i bought https://shopee.sg/product/91295492/6110576734?smtt=0.315654082-1660458925.9 see if u wanna consider or not.. i only go classes with my car key n phone.. the rest i juz leave them in the car..

Wounds r still bursting here n there causing bleeding from nowhere.. dunno izzit i moved too much or what.. doc says getting better but not sure why still bleeding.. still cant really move much nor lift the leg n mostly bedridden.. n very numb.. sigh.. 

Yea.. do the theory concurrently.. book the simulator asap once u unlock it.. tt 1 waste time waste money de.. haha

11 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

This is the pouch i bought https://shopee.sg/product/91295492/6110576734?smtt=0.315654082-1660458925.9 see if u wanna consider or not.. i only go classes with my car key n phone.. the rest i juz leave them in the car..

Wounds r still bursting here n there causing bleeding from nowhere.. dunno izzit i moved too much or what.. doc says getting better but not sure why still bleeding.. still cant really move much nor lift the leg n mostly bedridden.. n very numb.. sigh.. 

Yea.. do the theory concurrently.. book the simulator asap once u unlock it.. tt 1 waste time waste money de.. haha

Thanks for the recommendation... yes, I bring the key and my phone (hence - next time will ziplock it up) for the wallet, I use waterproof ones.. no, I don't use leather ones... and I get stares from clients.. :D What? I need to carry branded? I use nylon...

Try not to move unless advised.. also, bleeding should be okay as long there is no infection; are you on anti-biotics?

Yes, need to do the theory... really need to get it out of the way... got to take leave and do the practice, evaluation and then the actual test.

You 3.** feel stress? Every lesson.. is like super tiring as need to focus when on site.. :D

1 minute ago, snooptrader said:

Thanks for the recommendation... yes, I bring the key and my phone (hence - next time will ziplock it up) for the wallet, I use waterproof ones.. no, I don't use leather ones... and I get stares from clients.. :D What? I need to carry branded? I use nylon...

Try not to move unless advised.. also, bleeding should be okay as long there is no infection; are you on anti-biotics?

Yes, need to do the theory... really need to get it out of the way... got to take leave and do the practice, evaluation and then the actual test.

You 3.** feel stress? Every lesson.. is like super tiring as need to focus when on site.. :D

I leave my wallet in the car most of the time except during work when i have to bring it for lunch.. leather wallet dun mean branded.. maybe next time when u go malaysia then see if got any cheap ones? Cos nylon wallet feels like its for primary school kids.. hahaha 

Doc ask mi to do stretching n try to bend the knees.. currently they adjusted the dial to 40 degree.. so the wound underneath the knee burst so there is abscess during the last medical appointment.. yest i cooked for dinner while standing on the only fine leg while resting the injured leg on the chair.. but i think i stand too long n the angle able wrong so another hole burst open n bleed.. dun feel much pain from the knee n calf unless i move too much actually.. the most painful part is the skin graft area.. 

Haha ya.. i was very stress for each lesson.. i usually book after work but i dun really have the appettite to eat until after lesson.. 😂

• Haha 1