SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

40 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

hello, i just passed my 2B at BBDC. 

if anyone has questions regarding taking 2B at BBDC, i can try my best to assist as my experience is still fresh.

as i'm not a young person, quite a few students and even a couple of instructors asked if i had my class 2 licence revoked LOL. 

Congrats!! My number tag during TP is within the 10s so im also part of the old ppl gang 😂

26 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

😱😱😱

Congratulations! 😊

somehow the ppl in this group aren't spring chickens 😂 I'm so noob now I don't even know what question to ask.  Tmr I'll be going for lesson 3 and already I'm scared cos I haven't touched the bike in two weeks again. 😅 go there to stall bike

Can la.. no need scare.. its actually in ur muscle memory just probably rusty abit but im sure u'll be fine once u get on the bike.. stalling the bike is normal so dun worry

3 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

sorry to hear about your accident and fall. 

do take time to rest and recover. Rehab is very important to recover range of motion and strength. I tore my left MCL while playing golf overseas some years back. Hurt like mad but rest + rehab helped with the recovery process.  

if it makes you feel any better, i fell from a bike even before i had a license LOL. i was trying to do a u-turn in a gravel-covered carpark in an elephant sanctuary in Chiang Mai and the rear wheel slide out and i fell. Only damage was to my ego and the right side mirror of the bike. Right hand elbow had some light bruises but i think the gravel cushioned the fall. Still, it was a learning moment for me. i know now what i did wrong and what i should have done to prevent it in future. 

HAHA! Well.. mine was due to lack of experience i guess.. i only passed my 2B in June.. n itchy butt never wear long pants or any other protective gear when i rode cos weather was hot.. u going at low speed so wun have much injury compared to mine.. i wasnt going fast but its enough to make mi slide across the gravel..

2 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Congrats!! My number tag during TP is within the 10s so im also part of the old ppl gang 😂

HAHA! Well.. mine was due to lack of experience i guess.. i only passed my 2B in June.. n itchy butt never wear long pants or any other protective gear when i rode cos weather was hot.. u going at low speed so wun have much injury compared to mine.. i wasnt going fast but its enough to make mi slide across the gravel..

i bought a mesh jacket and mesh riding jeans in July but have yet to wear either of them out of the house. The heat is unbearable so i fully understand why very very few riders here wear them on a daily basis. My plan was to wear them for long rides to Msia and further in the future. I usually wear a bright coloured shirt or windbreaker so i'm more visible to other road users, but this has no armor nor abrasion protection if i fall. 

1 hour ago, shiba2b said:

i bought a mesh jacket and mesh riding jeans in July but have yet to wear either of them out of the house. The heat is unbearable so i fully understand why very very few riders here wear them on a daily basis. My plan was to wear them for long rides to Msia and further in the future. I usually wear a bright coloured shirt or windbreaker so i'm more visible to other road users, but this has no armor nor abrasion protection if i fall. 

I have a mesh jacket.. i wore them when i ride to work in the morning or at night.. having busted my knee in a seems to be wat a harmless fall, just wear the riding jeans or get some knee guards ba.. hahaha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shiba2b said:

But in February, i had gone to Chiang Mai and took a 2 day intensive clutch bike course at Honda there. Afterwhich i rented an automatic scooter and rode around the mountains of North Thai for a few weeks 😆. I must say i am familiar with the roads and mountains there as i had previously driven there in my car from SG. So the first few BBDC lessons were easier for me, with my prior experience.

Nice!! How's the food?  I'm still trying to look for a place to go to for next March school hols 😂 

7 hours ago, shiba2b said:

i bought a mesh jacket and mesh riding jeans in July

Ooh... what did u buy?

7 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Can la.. no need scare.. its actually in ur muscle memory just probably rusty abit but im sure u'll be fine once u get on the bike.. stalling the bike is normal so dun worry

😅 muscle dementia liao. But thanks! It's comforting to know other ppl also stall 😂

9 hours ago, Nakuru said:

- My number also within first 10.. LOLOL..

indeed.. muscle memory...

9 hours ago, shiba2b said:

same.. haha.. I only worn it overseas... but was teared about 10 years ago.. still inside my cupboard now.. memories.. dunno I can still fit or not.. haha...

2 hours ago, Janeoh said:

😅 muscle dementia liao. But thanks! It's comforting to know other ppl also stall 😂

honestly.. even I still stall lor.. 2A on the road.. so pai seh.. 😂

But again.. might be my idling too low.. I preferred lower idling = save petrol.. hahaha...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

3 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Nice!! How's the food?  I'm still trying to look for a place to go to for next March school hols 😂 

Ooh... what did u buy?

the food in North Thai is pretty different to the rest of Thai. While one can find the usual thai staples such as tom yam, som tam and pad thai, i also make it a point try the regional specific food such as khao soi (curry noodles) and sai ua (herbal pork sausage). The northern dishes feature influences from across the Myanmar border. i also go to the smaller towns and explore their local markets. Very colourful and interesting as the hill tribe people go there to buy and sell produce. 

March isn't the best time to go to Chiang Mai as that is usually the start of "burning season" where farmers burn agricultural waste and clear forests. The air will be smoky and the clear blue skies will be marred by the haze. The best time to go is Nov-Feb.

jacket - Ixon 

jeans - Komine 

when i was riding in North thai, i was just wearing normal casual cargo pants and a long sleeve shirt + a windbreaker. Went through an unseasonal bout of rain when i was going through a mountain pass along the Mae Hong Son loop and it was freezing cold. Unfortunately i didn't have any rain gear. Not even those emergency poncho from 7-11, and there wasn't any place to take shelter until i got to the next town about 30min away. Fingers were really shivering as my gloves were the summer mesh type. At the town, the rain had stopped so i changed to dry clothes and had the best hot soup noodles of my life lol.

3 hours ago, Janeoh said:

the BBDC bikes are really in poor condition and even the better ones come in a range of bike-specific "settings". Some clutches have the biting point really low, while others are quite high. Ditto for the foot brake and front brake pedals. So it takes time to recognize the characteristics of the bike you have for each lesson and to get used to it. 

for the warm up session on the morning of my test, the person in front of me kept stalling his bike in the circuit .. he must have stalled more than 8 times before i decided to overtake him. I later saw he went to change to a different bike. 

21 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

the BBDC bikes are really in poor condition and even the better ones come in a range of bike-specific "settings". Some clutches have the biting point really low, while others are quite high. Ditto for the foot brake and front brake pedals. So it takes time to recognize the characteristics of the bike you have for each lesson and to get used to it. 

for the warm up session on the morning of my test, the person in front of me kept stalling his bike in the circuit .. he must have stalled more than 8 times before i decided to overtake him. I later saw he went to change to a different bike. 

Ya.. stalling is very common.. mi at ssdc only had 2 bikes to use which is the msx.. both have their fair bit of problem.. the bike i took for test was actually the bike i had the most problem when i started learning.. But as lesson goes on, found the biting point n how to control it plus a bit of warm up.. it never gave mi any issues during the test.. 

4 hours ago, shiba2b said:

March isn't the best time to go to Chiang Mai as that is usually the start of "burning season" where farmers burn agricultural waste and clear forests. The air will be smoky and the clear blue skies will be marred by the haze. The best time to go is Nov-Feb.

jacket - Ixon 

jeans - Komine 

Thank you for telling me straight! I know nothing of Chiangmai 😅

Will note down the brands 😊

Good to know stalling is normal! Lol! 

i have never stalled so much before until today! 😂

today I got to ride the red cdc bikes, newer from the blue ones. Maybe their 30 new bikes come already so everyone can use newer bikes. 

i know it's probably the same cc and all but the bike just seemed more powerful and the rear brake seems more kilat, sensitive. I think it was like halfway through the lesson then I realise that I was having so much problems (with stalling) cos my right foot depressed the brakes slightly! (I suppose the whole time 😂😂😂)

anyway, it was slope and figure of 8 and crank course. I was terrible - within expectations. And probably the only one who screamed/yelped before almost going up a kerb. Like seriously how are the rest of the students so good??? Like no one else did that. Everyone could just go thru the curves and bends smoothly. Oops. 4 of 7 passed the class. 

I'll be more mentally prepared next time 😂

5B886CE8-2D96-4355-A4F7-3ECC86261DE5.thumb.jpeg.1127d91cde4fcdf4e93d7027583f96a8.jpeg

Ah... first time riding in slight drizzle. Had the windbreak on but couldn't take it off when the rain stopped cos had guards on and no where to keep it anyway 😂

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Good to know stalling is normal! Lol! 

i have never stalled so much before until today! 😂

today I got to ride the red cdc bikes, newer from the blue ones. Maybe their 30 new bikes come already so everyone can use newer bikes. 

i know it's probably the same cc and all but the bike just seemed more powerful and the rear brake seems more kilat, sensitive. I think it was like halfway through the lesson then I realise that I was having so much problems (with stalling) cos my right foot depressed the brakes slightly! (I suppose the whole time 😂😂😂)

anyway, it was slope and figure of 8 and crank course. I was terrible - within expectations. And probably the only one who screamed/yelped before almost going up a kerb. Like seriously how are the rest of the students so good??? Like no one else did that. Everyone could just go thru the curves and bends smoothly. Oops. 4 of 7 passed the class. 

I'll be more mentally prepared next time 😂

5B886CE8-2D96-4355-A4F7-3ECC86261DE5.thumb.jpeg.1127d91cde4fcdf4e93d7027583f96a8.jpeg

Ah... first time riding in slight drizzle. Had the windbreak on but couldn't take it off when the rain stopped cos had guards on and no where to keep it anyway 😂

If i not wrong, when u pass lesson 2 u can use the "newer" bikes but they arent exactly new also.. the blue ones are for trashing cos lesson 1-2 will drop bike more freq.. its ok.. its ur 1st try nia.. those who passed probably is on their 2nd or 3rd try already so they seems like they are doing better than u.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

If i not wrong, when u pass lesson 2 u can use the "newer" bikes but they arent exactly new also.. the blue ones are for trashing cos lesson 1-2 will drop bike more freq.. its ok.. its ur 1st try nia.. those who passed probably is on their 2nd or 3rd try already so they seems like they are doing better than u.. 

awww... you're so good at consoling and encouraging 😊

5 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

awww... you're so good at consoling and encouraging 😊

I been thru the same phase ma.. i wasnt good at riding n had to do a few tries b4 passing my lesson also.. as long as u dun give up then no problem de.. eventually will get it 1 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

I been thru the same phase ma.. i wasnt good at riding n had to do a few tries b4 passing my lesson also.. as long as u dun give up then no problem de.. eventually will get it 1 👍

Thank you 😊😊

How did ur X-ray go? 

1 minute ago, Janeoh said:

Thank you 😊😊

How did ur X-ray go? 

Dunno leh.. still waiting at the hospital here.. morning check up they peel off all the scabs n the skin grafted area no need wrap up already.. i didnt get to see the open wound but doc say it became alot smaller n never stuff anything inside already.. my hb say now my knee looks like chicken skin.. 😂

12 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Dunno leh.. still waiting at the hospital here.. morning check up they peel off all the scabs n the skin grafted area no need wrap up already.. i didnt get to see the open wound but doc say it became alot smaller n never stuff anything inside already.. my hb say now my knee looks like chicken skin.. 😂

it's from the wrapping right? 😅 will bounce back lah... 😊

3 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

it's from the wrapping right? 😅 will bounce back lah... 😊

No leh.. i think its cos of the grafted skin.. cos they have put it under some tools tt looks like a pasta roller thing to "cut" the skin to make it more flexible.. so now haven heal fully make it looks like theres alot of tiny holes.. hahaha they even rub olive oil over the area to moisturize it.. can prepare to cook already 😂😂😂

20220902_121631.thumb.jpg.1563a40d15e17b8b3a619b0c53ddfaaf.jpg

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

No leh.. i think its cos of the grafted skin.. cos they have put it under some tools tt looks like a pasta roller thing to "cut" the skin to make it more flexible.. so now haven heal fully make it looks like theres alot of tiny holes.. hahaha they even rub olive oil over the area to moisturize it.. can prepare to cook already 😂😂😂

20220902_121631.thumb.jpg.1563a40d15e17b8b3a619b0c53ddfaaf.jpg

Looks super painful! Ouch!

• Sad 1

On 9/1/2022 at 1:23 PM, adesmond2 said:

Wooooo... crocodiles... so do you stay a distance? or if they sudden appear infront of you, you run? I cannot visualise myself in such environment, cuz.. I cannot run... 😂

WAAAA.. the weather sounds really bad.. 

Absolutely... I'm not a "hero" sort; so yes, kept a very large distance and will not toy with fate.

It's not the heat that kills, it's the flies that land and some of them have stingers which stings people; so it hurts.

18 hours ago, shiba2b said:

hello, i just passed my 2B at BBDC. 

if anyone has questions regarding taking 2B at BBDC, i can try my best to assist as my experience is still fresh.

as i'm not a young person, quite a few students and even a couple of instructors asked if i had my class 2 licence revoked LOL. 

Congratulations and I'm far from young also.. :D Yes, I am enrolled at BBDC and yes, your inputs would be great.

When did you do your RTT during the course of your practical. I've omitted BTT as you mentioned that you have a Class 3 already :D

Think I saw you on the Telegram channel on SBF :)

40 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Looks super painful! Ouch!

Actually no pain unless i accidentally hit it or twist it.. bending too much oso will pain.. if not other times still ok.. 

Anyway, just saw the doc.. say cannot see from the xray whether the tendon healing fine or not but since i can move it when im lying sideways both left and right, its probably due to muscle degenerate.. but can put some weight like standing for a short period.. review in another month time.. then go for physio now n see how.. doc says there are also patients that cant lift their leg at the 6th week too so its normal.. 

3 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Congratulations and I'm far from young also.. :D Yes, I am enrolled at BBDC and yes, your inputs would be great.

When did you do your RTT during the course of your practical. I've omitted BTT as you mentioned that you have a Class 3 already :D

Think I saw you on the Telegram channel on SBF :)

I applied for the RTT sessions as soon as i could. Ditto for the sim sessions (which in my opinion do more harm than good). 

Prior to the RTT, i went for 2 practice sessions. Although there are 5 "books", you're allowed to do more than 1 book if you have finished it, so i did all the books during 2 practice sessions. 

i spent a lot of time waiting for the Defensive Riding theory lessons as there were very few slots. It'd be good to start on these early on.

i don't have TG account 😅 Dinosaur here.

• Like 1

One thing stuck me during the tail end of the course. As BBDC does all the circuit stuff (up to 5.02) before doing the road training (6.01 and 7.01), then immediately goes to overall evaluation (8.01), there's a significant gap in terms of seat time and calendar time between the last circuit session (5.02) and the next circuit session, which is in assessment 8.01. 

Do book some Revision Circuit (RC) sessions before 8.01. Or even do one RC weekly between 5.02 till 8.01 comes, just to keep everything fresh. Also, different instructors focus on different skills/methods during RC, so i found having to spend time with a few different instructors very interesting and useful.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

I applied for the RTT sessions as soon as i could. Ditto for the sim sessions (which in my opinion do more harm than good). 

Prior to the RTT, i went for 2 practice sessions. Although there are 5 "books", you're allowed to do more than 1 book if you have finished it, so i did all the books during 2 practice sessions. 

i spent a lot of time waiting for the Defensive Riding theory lessons as there were very few slots. It'd be good to start on these early on.

i don't have TG account 😅 Dinosaur here.

For the practice sessions for RTT, did you do it in the classroom or on ur home computer? I wonder if the questions are different.

i also did all the practice papers at home. But when I went for the Internal Evaluation, it was really quite different.

we finished all our online theory lessons already, just waiting for RTT test date to roll by. Wondering if it's beneficial to try the tests at the classroom or no diff. 

1 minute ago, Janeoh said:

For the practice sessions for RTT, did you do it in the classroom or on ur home computer? I wonder if the questions are different.

i also did all the practice papers at home. But when I went for the Internal Evaluation, it was really quite different.

we finished all our online theory lessons already, just waiting for RTT test date to roll by. Wondering if it's beneficial to try the tests at the classroom or no diff. 

RTT practice was at the BBDC training center. Big touchscreen. The questions in the practice and internal evaluation were very very similiar. 

actual RTT TP test questions very rather similar too, except for 1 or 2 questions but not too difficult to do. Actual test was only 50 questions, not the 70 or 80 in the practice session books.

How did you do the practice papers at home? Not official sources i guess?