SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

32 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

RTT practice was at the BBDC training center. Big touchscreen. The questions in the practice and internal evaluation were very very similiar. 

actual RTT TP test questions very rather similar too, except for 1 or 2 questions but not too difficult to do. Actual test was only 50 questions, not the 70 or 80 in the practice session books.

How did you do the practice papers at home? Not official sources i guess? 

For CDC we have the option to do it online! But the questions were really quite different, hence, I wonder if it would be worthwhile to try it onsite.

seeing how I still have a couple of free trial sessions, i shall just book it the day before my test. Go play play in between my sim sessions. If it's possible 😂

17 hours ago, shiba2b said:

One thing stuck me during the tail end of the course. As BBDC does all the circuit stuff (up to 5.02) before doing the road training (6.01 and 7.01), then immediately goes to overall evaluation (8.01), there's a significant gap in terms of seat time and calendar time between the last circuit session (5.02) and the next circuit session, which is in assessment 8.01. 

Do book some Revision Circuit (RC) sessions before 8.01. Or even do one RC weekly between 5.02 till 8.01 comes, just to keep everything fresh. Also, different instructors focus on different skills/methods during RC, so i found having to spend time with a few different instructors very interesting and useful.

@shiba2b, thank you very much for sharing this and will take into account when practicing for the license. It seems far away by the time I get the license, but really hope to acquire the riding skill and develop over the time.. The "gap thing" you shared is really important and agree that keeping the "warm" seat time is important.. :)

• Like 1

Lesson 3.01 - Plank and Slalom - injured*.....

The weather was raining in the east this afternoon and was contemplating if it would be raining at BBDC when I made my way there. It was already pretty late when I left the eastern region at about 2:35pm... and it takes quite a while with possible traffic jams when it rains here in our city state.

Grab the gear as had just came back from the holidays yesterday and made my way to BBDC.

Got there in time and saw 4 others that would join me in the quest to clear 3.01.

After gearing up and showing our app / ID cards to the instructor. We were told to choose our bikes and to go start the engines. At this time; the skies had cleared up and it wasn't even drizzling, so the weather was really good at BBDC at that time.

Next; was told to choose our bikes and make our way to the entrance of the "little circuit" where we were to line up to go off to the warm up lap. Go there in front and then saw instructor waved, so I throttled off and barely 20 meters "honk honk honk" and I noticed that the jerseys around me were of a different color. Soon, I noticed, I followed the wrong "mother hen" - aka instructor. Doh! Cut the engine, and another instructor helped me push back the bike. I apologised to the instructor and the rest of the class as I mistook another instructor for the 3.01 appointed one.

Went for the warm up ride and followed the instructor who slowed down and I noticed that he was opening his throttle and half clutching on gear one (later we found out that it was pretty much deliberate). Made a round and we gathered at the plank station, and slightly further down, the slalom. The instructor asked if we did "open our throttles" and tried to move slowly and apparently we didn't (yours truly didn't and I'll just come clean).

Next the big question, "How many of you are repeats?" Not the best way to be introduced to the class first as to fire off with the wrong batch of students and now, the only repeat student in this class. So, raised my hand and told him that I had trouble with the plank; no, not the exercise but rather.... ah.. you guys know..

So, again, the instructor reiterated the importance of throttle control to be open, the biting point of the clutch and the use of the rear brakes. The fundamentals; that was stressed by all instructors.

So, yours truly nodded his head and tried to remember this (theory in one's mind and what one body does results in different outcome)

Ok, time to go on the plank, the first round, nearly cleared and then went off at the last section. ..

Was told that (by the way, not refuting what the instructor said on all counts as it's true - take note in this recount) I was pulling in the throttle and hence the bike balance was off.

Next was the slalom which was cleared thankfully.

So, second round, tried again on the plank, managed to clear it without coming off but was moving too fast and was told that I was still pulling in the clutch and my throttle was not consistently on; so in other words, clutch still pulled in and throttle was "open and close" - note; has to be consistently open.

Will omit the slalom on the sharing as thankfully, wasn't much of an issue as the instructor deemed it "okay" with timing. He just pointedly told me that my issue was the plank and not slalom.

Third round, went off, again with the control of the clutch, pulled it in instead of applying rear brakes; hence, didn't cut it..

Fourth round, made it, but one other instructor helping "are you holding your breath?" - well, don't laugh... I was and i admitted it.. (Picture a puffed up look - I'm not exaggerating - maybe think constipated look)

Ok, fifth round; made it, with the first part fast and the second part I managed to slow down the bike, but still below the needed timing.

Sixth round, got on the plank but went off with poor clutch control - the clutch was barely on the tip of my fingers - the instructor identified it; alone; one would not know these things.

Seventh round, managed to have a good ride; above 10 seconds; used rear brake and all, but... more on that later..

Eighth round, managed to go on the plank, no timing and asked instructor, if that was "okay" - said; go next round and I'll time.

Final round, 3.01 instructor was busy and another instructor said to "go ahead" and he would time me. So, (mentally; hold my beer and gonna do it) Went on the plank; barely half way and my throttle clutch control was off; went off. "What the heck" actually came out from me.

Yup, so in the end... *injured pride. (refer to post title)  I'm fine, no issue there, but it was clear that I lacked the competency again to clear 3.01. Don't need an genius to know I was to be back.

In the debrief, was told that I would be seeing 3.01 again which was expected. Checked with the instructor and he said yours truly had a bad habit of pulling in the clutch handle and closing the throttle.

Epilogue

The weather, bike and environment was fine. It's all about the rider's skill, or there lack of.
Looking at the class 2 riders; one knows that it's all about riders' skills when they have even a longer time to achieve than the puny 7 seconds.
So, have to reflect on the throttle open, relax (no holding of breath and look like I'm constipated :D :D ), clutch grip and of course foot brake.
While it's no fun to repeat, there was a feeling of actually taking learning experience back despite the set-back. So, no anguish here but rather a little injured pride on riding off with the wrong class :D and not being able to clear on the second try. However, rather be good at stations than a "hit and miss" as managed to discover fundamental errors that need to be corrected. Hence, a good feeling while coming back. Will share on 3.01 again as this thread contains all experience of the lessons and not only the good but the blemishes as well.

Thanks for reading and still motivated :) as we learn.

*I just think that I could smell burning clutch ...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, snooptrader said:

The weather was raining in the east this afternoon and was contemplating if it would be raining at BBDC when I made my way there. It was already pretty late when I left the eastern region at about 2:35pm... and it takes quite a while with possible traffic jams when it rains here in our city state.

Grab the gear as had just came back from the holidays yesterday and made my way to BBDC.

Got there in time and saw 4 others that would join me in the quest to clear 3.01.

After gearing up and showing our app / ID cards to the instructor. We were told to choose our bikes and to go start the engines. At this time; the skies had cleared up and it wasn't even drizzling, so the weather was really good at BBDC at that time.

Next; was told to choose our bikes and make our way to the entrance of the "little circuit" where we were to line up to go off to the warm up lap. Go there in front and then saw instructor waved, so I throttled off and barely 20 meters "honk honk honk" and I noticed that the jerseys around me were of a different color. Soon, I noticed, I followed the wrong "mother hen" - aka instructor. Doh! Cut the engine, and another instructor helped me push back the bike. I apologised to the instructor and the rest of the class as I mistook another instructor for the 3.01 appointed one.

Went for the warm up ride and followed the instructor who slowed down and I noticed that he was opening his throttle and half clutching on gear one (later we found out that it was pretty much deliberate). Made a round and we gathered at the plank station, and slightly further down, the slalom. The instructor asked if we did "open our throttles" and tried to move slowly and apparently we didn't (yours truly didn't and I'll just come clean).

Next the big question, "How many of you are repeats?" Not the best way to be introduced to the class first as to fire off with the wrong batch of students and now, the only repeat student in this class. So, raised my hand and told him that I had trouble with the plank; no, not the exercise but rather.... ah.. you guys know..

So, again, the instructor reiterated the importance of throttle control to be open, the biting point of the clutch and the use of the rear brakes. The fundamentals; that was stressed by all instructors.

So, yours truly nodded his head and tried to remember this (theory in one's mind and what one body does results in different outcome)

Ok, time to go on the plank, the first round, nearly cleared and then went off at the last section. ..

Was told that (by the way, not refuting what the instructor said on all counts as it's true - take note in this recount) I was pulling in the throttle and hence the bike balance was off.

So, second round, tried again on the plank, managed to clear it without coming off but was moving too fast and was told that I was still pulling in the clutch and my throttle was not consistently on; so in other words, clutch still pulled in and throttle was "open and close" - note; has to be consistently open.

Will omit the slalom on the sharing as thankfully, wasn't much of an issue as the instructor deemed it "okay" with timing. He just pointedly told me that my issue was the plank and not slalom.

Third round, went off, again with the control of the clutch, pulled it in instead of applying rear brakes; hence, didn't cut it..

Fourth round, made it, but one other instructor helping "are you holding your breath?" - well, don't laugh... I was and i admitted it.. (Picture a puffed up look - I'm not exaggerating - maybe think constipated look)

Ok, fifth round; made it, with the first part fast and the second part I managed to slow down the bike, but still below the needed timing.

Sixth round, got on the plank but went off with poor clutch control - the clutch was barely on the tip of my fingers - the instructor identified it; alone; one would not know these things.

Seventh round, managed to have a good ride; above 10 seconds; used rear brake and all, but... more on that later..

Eighth round, managed to go on the plank, no timing and asked instructor, if that was "okay" - said; go next round and I'll time.

Final round, 3.01 instructor was busy and another instructor said to "go ahead" and he would time me. So, (mentally; hold my beer and gonna do it) Went on the plank; barely half way and my throttle clutch control was off; went off. "What the heck" actually came out from me.

Yup, so in the end... *injured pride. (refer to post title)  I'm fine, no issue there, but it was clear that I lacked the competency again to clear 3.01. Don't need an genius to know I was to be back.

In the debrief, was told that I would be seeing 3.01 again which was expected. Checked with the instructor and he said yours truly had a bad habit of pulling in the clutch handle and closing the throttle.

Epilogue

The weather, bike and environment was fine. It's all about the rider's skill, or there lack of.
Looking at the class 2 riders; one knows that it's all about riders' skills when they have even a longer time to achieve than the puny 7 seconds.
So, have to reflect on the throttle open, relax (no holding of breath and look like I'm constipated :D :D ), clutch grip and of course foot brake.
While it's no fun to repeat, there was a feeling of actually taking learning experience back despite the set-back. So, no anguish here but rather a little injured pride on riding off with the wrong class :D and not being able to clear on the second try. However, rather be good at stations than a "hit and miss" as managed to discover fundamental errors that need to be corrected. Hence, a good feeling while coming back. Will share on 3.01 again as this thread contains all experience of the lessons and not only the good but the blemishes as well.

welcome back!

I can't even clear figure of 8 😂😂😂 

sounds like you're doing fine. 

must be good to go so many rounds. My hb only did 2 rounds of figure of 8 for his 90 mins session, the rest of the time was spent alternating with slope and queuing for figure of 8. I think I held my clutch in while waiting for each round like 20 mins. Now the side of my left wrist/forearm still aches 😂

Edited by Janeoh

3 hours ago, Janeoh said:

welcome back!

must be good to go so many rounds. My hb only did 2 rounds of figure of 8 for his 90 mins session, the rest of the time was spent alternating with slope and queuing for figure of 8. I think I held my clutch in while waiting for each round like 20 mins. Now the side of my left wrist/forearm still aches 😂

Hi @Janeoh; thank you! I'm not doing fine but am fine and happy to be back on the bike. Yes, the wait can be long but at BBDC, still alright. I really think that letting us make a round back to the plank is a joy for students. So, really look forward to each session. It's not "easy" per say to say "I'll be back" but always think of what he will learn with every session which I'm grateful for. Just have to think of what we can take away from each session, not just "speed" through it but to be competent on the bike. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Epilogue

Glad it wasn't a physical injury - i once saw a student doing slalom panic and slam against the kerb on the right, slide along it and over it into the lane on the right side of the kerb. Fortunately there was no car or bike coming along. 

u got 10sec on the 7th round? that's amazing. i got 9sec+ once and was correctly told that going too slow unnecessarily makes it harder. But good to experience it.

3.01 was actually the first lesson i had to repeat. Most people can't clear it due to plank but i was told that my slalom timing was too slow. At that time, i didn't even know there was a timing requirement for slalom...

for plank, i found it crucial to "freeze" the right hand position in throttle open position, play around with left hand and right foot. My issue with plank is i get distracted by instructors standing very close to the plank as i ride past. I tend to subconsciously avoid them n go off the plank in the opposite position LOL

u can practice the open throttle + half clutch method during the warm up as well as when you go around the big loop to go back to the plank, as the instructor did as he led u round. You can also do it when approaching the queue for the plank, after the lane change to left and the right bend. Don't need to rush to join the queue.

8 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Hi @Janeoh; thank you! I'm not doing fine but am fine and happy to be back on the bike. Yes, the wait can be long but at BBDC, still alright. I really think that letting us make a round back to the plank is a joy for students. So, really look forward to each session. It's not "easy" per say to say "I'll be back" but always think of what he will learn with every session which I'm grateful for. Just have to think of what we can take away from each session, not just "speed" through it but to be competent on the bike. :)

i too enjoy making the big loop back to the station - good chance to get some wind and ride independently as well as allow the fingers some respite from grabbing the clutch and front brake when stationary in queue.

good to find positives along the journey 👍

11 hours ago, Janeoh said:

welcome back!

fig of 8 is actually quite fun once one gets used to it. 

for my fig of 8 session, i was fortunate to get an instructor that i was familiar with (he had already taken me on two other classes and he knew i had some experience riding in Thai). 

however for the first few rounds, i was borderlining the 11sec mark so i was feeling quite worried but on the final round (just before time's up), i got it below 10sec. He came over and commented on my timing finally making the mark, and i told him i just needed time to warm up and he laughed.

i realized that to make the timing requirement comfortably, i needed to go around at sufficient speed to scare myself slightly. After a few times, it gets normalized. 

mind sharing which aspect of fig of 8 you struggled with? 

one thing abt fig of 8 and crank course - i realized the instructors don't mention body lean/balance vs bike lean as it's sort of intuitive if you ride a bicycle. It does feel a bit different due to the weight of the motorbike, but the concept is the same. 

for fig of 8, body lean in with the bike (perhaps except entering/exiting the course when you might want to counterbalance)

for crank course, due to the slow speed and tight angle, counterbalance is useful. i.e. bike lean left or right but body remains upright and put foot pressure on the outside foot peg.

this guy probably explains and demos it better here 

the other concept the instructors don't mention is countersteering, but that's a topic for another day. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 4:06 PM, snooptrader said:

Absolutely... I'm not a "hero" sort; so yes, kept a very large distance and will not toy with fate.

It's not the heat that kills, it's the flies that land and some of them have stingers which stings people; so it hurts.

Think I saw you on the Telegram channel on SBF :)

- Good good.. glad that you are keeping a large distance..

waaa.. flies that sting... doesn't sound good.. Glad that I went during 0-5 degree.. 😛

no mosquitos or issues there.. just frequent drizzling... caught a flu due to the cold weather (need to experience cold weather as we would never be able to experience that in Singapore) hahahaha...

I'm on Telegram as well.. haha

On 9/2/2022 at 4:18 PM, Nakuru said:

Actually no pain unless i accidentally hit it or twist it.. bending too much oso will pain.. if not other times still ok.. 

Anyway, just saw the doc.. say cannot see from the xray whether the tendon healing fine or not but since i can move it when im lying sideways both left and right, its probably due to muscle degenerate.. but can put some weight like standing for a short period.. review in another month time.. then go for physio now n see how.. doc says there are also patients that cant lift their leg at the 6th week too so its normal.. 

ok la.. at least no need tell you need to open up again.. let it heal and hopefully soon.. :)

On 9/2/2022 at 7:59 PM, shiba2b said:

One thing stuck me during the tail end of the course. As BBDC does all the circuit stuff (up to 5.02) before doing the road training (6.01 and 7.01), then immediately goes to overall evaluation (8.01), there's a significant gap in terms of seat time and calendar time between the last circuit session (5.02) and the next circuit session, which is in assessment 8.01. 

Do book some Revision Circuit (RC) sessions before 8.01. Or even do one RC weekly between 5.02 till 8.01 comes, just to keep everything fresh. Also, different instructors focus on different skills/methods during RC, so i found having to spend time with a few different instructors very interesting and useful.

Ask the instructor before any assessment.. then you will know their expectation.. that's what I usually do.. benefits all trainees as well.. :)

I'm a quiet person by default.. but when comes to bike - I'm noisy.. hahahaha...

On 9/2/2022 at 10:28 PM, Janeoh said:

Okay, for Iaughs, I've booked another trial and will attend it when I do my sim. Will see if it's the same 😊

usually different bah.. Like what @Nakuru mentioned before..

longest and safest answer.. :) 

8 hours ago, shiba2b said:

fig of 8 is actually quite fun once one gets used to it. 

for my fig of 8 session, i was fortunate to get an instructor that i was familiar with (he had already taken me on two other classes and he knew i had some experience riding in Thai). 

however for the first few rounds, i was borderlining the 11sec mark so i was feeling quite worried but on the final round (just before time's up), i got it below 10sec. He came over and commented on my timing finally making the mark, and i told him i just needed time to warm up and he laughed.

i realized that to make the timing requirement comfortably, i needed to go around at sufficient speed to scare myself slightly. After a few times, it gets normalized. 

one thing abt fig of 8 and crank course - i realized the instructors don't mention body lean/balance vs bike lean as it's sort of intuitive if you ride a bicycle. It does feel a bit different due to the weight of the motorbike, but the concept is the same. 

for fig of 8, body lean in with the bike (perhaps except entering/exiting the course when you might want to counterbalance)

for crank course, due to the slow speed and tight angle, counterbalance is useful. i.e. bike lean left or right but body remains upright and put foot pressure on the outside foot peg.

this guy probably explains and demos it better here 

the other concept the instructors don't mention is countersteering, but that's a topic for another day. 

in real road, the video works.. cuz you definitely wan to see what's infront.. and if you are not in a track race.. lap time doesn't matter.. 

follow the movement is only when you wan to lean LOW.. really low that kind.. with the above technique.. it's more of a 45 degree.. nothing too much.. if you go 99 bend, you will understand what I'm saying.. I've tried the 2 methods.. 

above method is more comfortable..  but you wun be able to go fast.. and abit unstable when you ride faster abit.. cuz more "wind hit on your body".. If you wear a riding jacket, air flow will be better.. cuz the jackets has air vents that allow air to "pass" your body more easier... 

corner with the bike at a lower angle, faster and soother cornering.. (PROVIDED you know what you are doing) else you can go into drain/accident and etc)...

• Like 2

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

12 hours ago, snooptrader said:

I'm fine with repeating the lesson since I know I need it. I just feel that's it's such a tiring waste to spend at least 45 mins of the lesson queuing up to go at the figure of 8 for 20 secs 😂

12 hours ago, shiba2b said:

Fear hahaha. But seriously I figured out what my problem was at the 3rd and last round that day (I so lucky I could try three times unlike my hb who could only do it twice cos I lucked out on the slope, no queue, and got back to the queue quickly)...

anyway, I realise that I was still stepping on the rear brake slightly when I moved off for the course. So when I wanted to change to second gear, I would somehow also lift the foot off that brake and there would be a sudden surge forward and I'll be like "AH!!" 😂 and then lose control of the bike. 😂 

however, I couldn't test that theory and so we're back in limbo trying to get a slot for the next lesson. 

That day one instructor told me to throttle more, another told me to be more steady on 1st gear before changing up gear, that's when I realise the foot on brake thing. 😂

• Haha 2

Since I'm the "cannot let go" kind of person and has to test my various theories and heed the instructions' feedback/advice, I saw a slot open up for tmr afternoon and booked it! 😂

let's see what happens. 

school holidays... better have some fun now. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Since I'm the "cannot let go" kind of person and has to test my various theories and heed the instructions' feedback/advice, I saw a slot open up for tmr afternoon and booked it! 😂

let's see what happens. 

ok la... go for a lesson...  :) 

• Haha 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

23 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

- Good good.. glad that you are keeping a large distance..

waaa.. flies that sting... doesn't sound good.. Glad that I went during 0-5 degree.. 😛

no mosquitos or issues there.. just frequent drizzling... caught a flu due to the cold weather (need to experience cold weather as we would never be able to experience that in Singapore) hahahaha...

I'm on Telegram as well.. haha

With crocs, for sure!

We should appreciate Singapore's boring weather.. in Korea, typhoon Hinnamnor has hit Geoje this morning and SIchuan province in China was hit by an earthquake. 😐

I'll hit you up on TG once I manage to get the 2B to be. A little shy not being a biker at this moment :D

• Like 1

With crocs, for sure!

We should appreciate Singapore's boring weather.. in Korea, typhoon Hinnamnor has hit Geoje this morning and SIchuan province in China was hit by an earthquake. 😐

I'll hit you up on TG once I manage to get the 2B to be. A little shy not being a biker at this moment :D

LOL.. I'm wearing crocs flip flop daily.. 😂

sometimes, dunno if it's a good thing or bad thing for boring weather.. 😂

I would hope for a Genting weather daily.. will never get boring of that.. haha..

for the earthquakes and heavy downpour is due to their landmarks/water drainage issues isn't it?

😂 no worries la.. My friends mostly driving also.. I'm the fewer minority still on bike.. (prefer to have more cash on hand for family/kids)

with a car = min 1k per month gone.. Taxi also wun come up to 1k per month.. 😂 $20 per day *30 days = $600? You wun even take taxi for 30 days.. give or take for 2 way trips.. My POV la.. ;) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

LOL.. I'm wearing crocs flip flop daily.. 😂

sometimes, dunno if it's a good thing or bad thing for boring weather.. 😂

I would hope for a Genting weather daily.. will never get boring of that.. haha..

for the earthquakes and heavy downpour is due to their landmarks/water drainage issues isn't it?

😂 no worries la.. My friends mostly driving also.. I'm the fewer minority still on bike.. (prefer to have more cash on hand for family/kids)

with a car = min 1k per month gone.. Taxi also wun come up to 1k per month.. 😂 $20 per day *30 days = $600? You wun even take taxi for 30 days.. give or take for 2 way trips.. My POV la.. ;) 

Must be careful on bike.. today I was driving at PIE and at Ubi (I rather use this highway) and I can understand how incidents can happen. Many motorists don't use indicators... and it's really sad as I see them chatting away distracted and on the phone. 

On 9/5/2022 at 8:16 PM, Janeoh said:

Yes, use the time off the get bike time.. no bike time for me.. just gotten the booster and now a little seh.... LOL

On 9/4/2022 at 11:12 PM, shiba2b said:

Glad it wasn't a physical injury - i once saw a student doing slalom panic and slam against the kerb on the right, slide along it and over it into the lane on the right side of the kerb. Fortunately there was no car or bike coming along. 

u got 10sec on the 7th round? that's amazing. i got 9sec+ once and was correctly told that going too slow unnecessarily makes it harder. But good to experience it.

3.01 was actually the first lesson i had to repeat. Most people can't clear it due to plank but i was told that my slalom timing was too slow. At that time, i didn't even know there was a timing requirement for slalom...

for plank, i found it crucial to "freeze" the right hand position in throttle open position, play around with left hand and right foot. My issue with plank is i get distracted by instructors standing very close to the plank as i ride past. I tend to subconsciously avoid them n go off the plank in the opposite position LOL

u can practice the open throttle + half clutch method during the warm up as well as when you go around the big loop to go back to the plank, as the instructor did as he led u round. You can also do it when approaching the queue for the plank, after the lane change to left and the right bend. Don't need to rush to join the queue.

i too enjoy making the big loop back to the station - good chance to get some wind and ride independently as well as allow the fingers some respite from grabbing the clutch and front brake when stationary in queue.

good to find positives along the journey 👍

Good tip; (I italicized it above) and will be looking forward to the next attempt. I guess even if one clears 3.01, it's important to maintain that skill... no two ways about it. So, not going to flee it but embrace it... :D Yes, I absolutely love the ride back, feel the speed of 50km/h :D

9 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Yes, use the time off the get bike time.. no bike time for me.. just gotten the booster and now a little seh.... LOL

Yesterday was all the time I could get from cdc. 😂 next lesson in 10 days. 

Got pulled out of the group class by a senior/chief instructor yesterday and brought back to the nursery to troubleshoot issues. Totally grateful for it. I think he could smell my fear of the bike all the way from the shed. 

firstly, I need to relax 😂 my whole body tensed up when I contemplate the courses and my shoulders go up to my ears  

so I throttle too fast after changing to second gear 😂 I didn't know it won't stall if I don't throttle immediately after  changing gear. 😅 and now I know....

And we practice my counter balance hahahah it seems I do need to turn my handlebar to turn the bike 🫣 he told me to borrow my son's bicycle to practice. 😂 I haven't been on a bicycle since I was 18! 

so school holiday homework... bring bicycle down to cycle in small space while children play at playground. 😂

9 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Must be careful on bike.. today I was driving at PIE and at Ubi (I rather use this highway) and I can understand how incidents can happen. Many motorists don't use indicators... and it's really sad as I see them chatting away distracted and on the phone. 

indeed.. I'm never on the phone.. haha.. at most music..  :) 

9 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Got pulled out of the group class by a senior/chief instructor yesterday and brought back to the nursery to troubleshoot issues. Totally grateful for it. I think he could smell my fear of the bike all the way from the shed. 

firstly, I need to relax 😂 my whole body tensed up when I contemplate the courses and my shoulders go up to my ears  

so I throttle too fast after changing to second gear 😂 I didn't know it won't stall if I don't throttle immediately after  changing gear. 😅 and now I know....

And we practice my counter balance hahahah it seems I do need to turn my handlebar to turn the bike 🫣 he told me to borrow my son's bicycle to practice. 😂 I haven't been on a bicycle since I was 18! 

so school holiday homework... bring bicycle down to cycle in small space while children play at playground. 😂

waaa.. got pull out sia.. 

but at least got a 1-1 session with that instructor.. :) 

Yes - need to relax / change gear definitely need to throttle up.. else engine will start to choke and stall.. yes.. need to turn handlebar.. unless you can corner with your body,, that works as well.. 

My previous bike (sport bike) has limited turning (45 degree).. so I need to push my bike down to corner.. that works as well if you know how.. :) 

43 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

waaa.. got pull out sia.. 

but at least got a 1-1 session with that instructor.. :) 

Yes - need to relax / change gear definitely need to throttle up.. else engine will start to choke and stall.. yes.. need to turn handlebar.. unless you can corner with your body,, that works as well.. 

My previous bike (sport bike) has limited turning (45 degree).. so I need to push my bike down to corner.. that works as well if you know how.. :) 

ya... kenna pulled out of class... like my daughter for her maths and Chinese. Foundation level. Hahahaha

My problem is I'm so kancheong with the throttle, I change gear I quickly throttle and the surge throws me off, nevermind the bike 😅 he got me go slow down go "feel" the bike. To change gear, wait a second or two then throttle gently. And suddenly it doesn't "jump" fwd anymore, it's smooth and not scary 😂

told me for me, just take my time, get used to the bike and the course first. The rest have to change to second gear quickly and etc for me, just go slow and change when I feel comfortable. 

I think that's really the approach I need to take with my daughters academics. I know she's struggling and I feel pressured by the teachers to get her up to the level of her peers even though she cannot do it. Then there's stress and tears (hers) and shouting (mine) - "how can 7+3 be 9!?!??" (She's P3) I know my shouting and exasperation doesn't help... I need to learn more than bike from the instructor. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Janeoh said:

ya... kenna pulled out of class... like my daughter for her maths and Chinese. Foundation level. Hahahaha

My problem is I'm so kancheong with the throttle, I change gear I quickly throttle and the surge throws me off, nevermind the bike 😅 he got me go slow down go "feel" the bike. To change gear, wait a second or two then throttle gently. And suddenly it doesn't "jump" fwd anymore, it's smooth and not scary 😂

told me for me, just take my time, get used to the bike and the course first. The rest have to change to second gear quickly and etc for me, just go slow and change when I feel comfortable. 

I think that's really the approach I need to take with my daughters academics. I know she's struggling and I feel pressured by the teachers to get her up to the level of her peers even though she cannot do it. Then there's stress and tears (hers) and shouting (mine) - "how can 7+3 be 9!?!??" (She's P3) I know my shouting and exasperation doesn't help... I need to learn more than bike from the instructor. 

LOL.. relax relax.. if like this throttle can really one wheel up.. we can wheelie (if do it skilfully) else pop (front wheel goes up and down instantly).. I haven't done any pop yet.. but my sister (no license) done once on her friend's bike.. 😂

Yes.. need to feel the bike if still not use to the bike.. even when I go back school use their bike.. need to "relearn" where's the biting point and the power of it.. 

In school, really need to slowly ba.. the instructor scare you fall down.. thus pull you out just in case.. 

7+3... relax relax.. some kids take it slow.. like my kids.. the young one 2yo.. still dunno how to call me.. =.='' 

call EVERYONE liaoz.. still cannot say da da or daddy.. =.=

Yesterday he just learn how to say Ball.. but sounded like borrrr.. haha

5 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Don't worry about being pulled aside. In fact, sometimes, I go to the instructor to find out more fault and bad habits about my riding so that I an learn...
About relaxing, you can read my post where I "held my breath" too with constipated look... so, you are not alone. All of us who ride a bike will have some sort of trepidation when doing a "course" 😊

4 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

indeed.. I'm never on the phone.. haha.. at most music..  :)

If you drive and ride... that combination will give best insight to both behavior.

What I've discovered so far the difference between riding and driving..

Cars, the RPMs can be kept low, these are no VTEC Honda Civics of the 1990s, now most cars have good low end torque.

Bikes on the other hand, need revs! Without revs, the bike will, lose balance (in tight spaces) and usually not be smooth.

That's what I really discovered in 3.01. On a wider open space, yea, can just clutch it... one wont' really feel much difference.. so, "free wheeling" is usually a "no no" ..

That's just a personal perspective of what I found the difference.

In my ride, my RPM is only 2.5k max... mindset is not transferable :D

• Like 2

If you drive and ride... that combination will give best insight to both behavior.

What I've discovered so far the difference between riding and driving..

Cars, the RPMs can be kept low, these are no VTEC Honda Civics of the 1990s, now most cars have good low end torque.

Bikes on the other hand, need revs! Without revs, the bike will, lose balance (in tight spaces) and usually not be smooth.

That's what I really discovered in 3.01. On a wider open space, yea, can just clutch it... one wont' really feel much difference.. so, "free wheeling" is usually a "no no" ..

That's just a personal perspective of what I found the difference.

In my ride, my RPM is only 2.5k max... mindset is not transferable :D

agreed.. insights on both behaviour.. (When I was a P plate back in 18s-20s on car) 

I kanna middle finger and motorcycle horn me.. reasons, I didn't keep centre of the lane and might have accidentally "move" towards the right side of the lane since we are driving on the right side of the car.. 

I dun usually keep track of RPM unless I'm going to speed and wan to know what RPM at which speed that kind.. else I wun even bother about the rpm..

car - auto - no need to care much about RPM.. just step on gas only.. haha..

Manual car, listen to the engine and switch gears when you feel like it's at the mid range.. (same concept as bike)

Free wheeling - definitely no.. you wun get any control of your vehicle.. no matter car or bike.. unless you coming to a stop.. then wan to save that small amount of petrol.. LOL.. for motorcycle.. you wan to rest the tension on your cable and your fingers.. haha...

Nevertheless, after I gotten my bike license.. I realised it's ALOT more tiring to drive cuz I need to look out for motorcyclist and you know.. some of them swap lanes like zipping up your jacket.. next moment, another lane.. 😂

and since keeping a closer look for motorcyclist.. you tend to get "shock" when they lane split at a much higher speed +30-40  and pass by your car window.. 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

agreed.. insights on both behaviour.. (When I was a P plate back in 18s-20s on car) 

I kanna middle finger and motorcycle horn me.. reasons, I didn't keep centre of the lane and might have accidentally "move" towards the right side of the lane since we are driving on the right side of the car.. 

I dun usually keep track of RPM unless I'm going to speed and wan to know what RPM at which speed that kind.. else I wun even bother about the rpm..

Manual car, listen to the engine and switch gears when you feel like it's at the mid range.. (same concept as bike)

Free wheeling - definitely no.. you wun get any control of your vehicle.. no matter car or bike.. unless you coming to a stop.. then wan to save that small amount of petrol.. LOL.. for motorcycle.. you wan to rest the tension on your cable and your fingers.. haha...

Nevertheless, after I gotten my bike license.. I realised it's ALOT more tiring to drive cuz I need to look out for motorcyclist and you know.. some of them swap lanes like zipping up your jacket.. next moment, another lane.. 😂

and since keeping a closer look for motorcyclist.. you tend to get "shock" when they lane split at a much higher speed +30-40  and pass by your car window.. 😂

It's more tiring (on a bike) but in a way, there is a joy of being more responsible in one's action, also more engagement when riding. However, you are so right on the lane split... that is why always check for them if I need to change lanes at near standstill traffic.

By the way, MT-03 is a nice bike... was just searching up the specs...

8 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

Actually now must look out for bicycles and e-bikes too. Some bicycle riders anyhow one, and many don't abide by traffic lights ...

On 9/1/2022 at 3:54 PM, Nakuru said:

Gotta push it lor.. doctor says cannot be afraid of pain if not later muscle stiffen will become worst.. so i try to do physio on my own twice daily.. once in the afternoon and another time in midnight b4 i slp.. duke is nice but damn heavy for me.. my husb is riding the duke 200 n i cant even put it up straight from the side stand sia.. now my left leg like tt sure gonna get worst when i recover 😂

What's his opinion of the Duke 200? Is the maintenance alright? 

How has recovery coming along?