SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

18 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

No no, I think that you will be better before we all get our 2B.... still far away at this juncture...

Thanks much... I mean Yamaha may not be the most powerful bike... but it looks like it is reliable and the slipper clutch is a selling point..

Great to hear that you have recovered on the C... it's really something that keeps dogging most people.. here in Thailand, the local still mask up a lot.. can't imagine wearing mask like last time now...

I think that being on a bike is a joy as well as a skill to have. :)

Oh, for the theory, have not booked the test yet as I need to go for the evaluation. I have to practice before that, clear the evaluation and then the theory test. I've been really quite lax about it which is not a good thing as most of the riders that passed, told me to clear that as soon as possible and not delay. The center though, said to only try to book it when clearing 4.XX. I'm trying to go for the computer practice before going for the evaluation and then for the actual test itself. :)

what exactly is slipper clutch? LOL.. I googled but information seems limited.. I believe only certain Yamaha have bah...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

13 hours ago, shiba2b said:

99 bends is the correct name for South Buona Vista road 😄

ah i cheated... 

i drove up from SG in my car 3 times before covid. Did the loop all 3 times as part of my north thai exploration. 

in Feb this year, can't drive through the borders so i flew up to Chiang Mai, took a 2 day clutch bike course at Honda there and rented a very new Aerox for a month to go around North Thai. Very different experience from driving a car. 

Seems like Mr. @shiba2b is a cheongster... :D I smell a WRX before in your younger days.. :D or is that an Evo...

Which bike course is it in Chiang Mai, it's really cool there during the right months... I can imagine riding a nice Duke 200 up there... :D

3 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

In Phuket... saw this and this is for @Nakuru

I noticed that the bikes don't go on the right lane very often.

Even in heavy traffic... most go to the right lane only when making a u-turn. :)

Then again, not many class 2A and above bikes here. The common ones are Click, PCX... see the odd grom here and there, but not many larger CC bikes.

IMG_8684.jpg

that helmet.. hahah..

• Haha 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

Just now, adesmond2 said:

what exactly is slipper clutch? LOL.. I googled but information seems limited.. I believe only certain Yamaha have bah...

It lets the clutch slip and hence, even at lower speeds.. don't have to downshift... they have it on the MT-15... guess that is one reason why it's so popular with some courier riders... don't need to keep shifting gears... but yes, still manual... :)

3 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Whahahah. Maybe you can walk I still haven't pass my circuit 😂😂

LOL... no no... you will sure pass your circuit.. just keep doing it... The main thing is that... we must love riding and learn to do it safely... after all, we are doing road riding and not those MotoGP riding... :D

On 9/18/2022 at 6:59 AM, Janeoh said:

I'll continue to try lah but sometimes I wonder why... since I obviously have not affinity to this. I do find the challenge fun! It's a different skill set from raising kids... my skill level is about the same for both. 

No ppl is good at anything from the start la.. as long as u keep trying n learn the correct technique eventually u will get it 1.. i also tot i couldnt from the start but i passed n got my license in 1 try leh.. u can do it also de 👍

19 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

ladies body temperature is higher.. whenever my wife check my temperature.. I'm 35.xx degree.. 😂 but when I fever, max is 38.5.. 39 I wan to die liaoz...

Tt is really low sia.. i told husb my normal tempt is in the 37 range he dun believe. Still say he 37+ already is fever to him 🙄

come downstairs your house can? or still cannot? your house (walkable distance got kopitiam?)

Below got 1 24hrs kopitiam.. i shld be able to crutch there with sheer determination la 😂😂

it's like this de.. my small operation last time also keep on have pus every few days.. it's only 4cm some more.. =.=

lazer operation.. (ex but worth it)

But mine going 2 months n still keep having pus.. like not normal.. anyway Now dun have anything liao.. just hope it recovers as it should

16 hours ago, Janeoh said:

I have no clue what 99 bends is! 

but I know the NUS/NUH hills 😂 my classmate stalled her car there once during the peak period and she panicked. This was when driving manual was the norm 😂

People usually go there for touge racing.. Its the 1 lane road tt u're supposed to be going at 40km/hr but obviously no ppl gonna follow tt if got any p plate n bus then sian.. 

4 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

same.. cuz at playground really dirty.. 😂 so I dun usually allow them to play as well... 

Wah lao.. just let them play la.. build up their immune system.. play finish already go home bath.. dun deprive their childhood leh.. dirty abit nevermind 1 la

51 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

No no, I think that you will be better before we all get our 2B.... still far away at this juncture...

I have been trying to put more weight n walk.  But just 5 min of standing my leg will turn purple from the blood rush already.. then it will start to get uncomfortable n if i dun sit down soon then my knee will let me know what pain feels like. haha

41 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

In Phuket... saw this and this is for @Nakuru

I noticed that the bikes don't go on the right lane very often.

Even in heavy traffic... most go to the right lane only when making a u-turn. :)

Then again, not many class 2A and above bikes here. The common ones are Click, PCX... see the odd grom here and there, but not many larger CC bikes.

IMG_8684.jpg

Wah this is so cute lor... I actually wanna ride the kawasaki oso.. love the look of it.. especially when im so small size but ride big bikes.. i need to go do alot of physical training if i wanna do tt sia.. hahaha 

40 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Whahahah. Maybe you can walk I still haven't pass my circuit 😂😂

No la.. unless u wanna count "walking" with crutches then ya i already can do tt but walking w/o any support is technically not possible anytime soon.. anyway u oso got family commitment so u cant do it as often.. not to mention cdc has a harder time booking lessons oso.. u're now on lesson 3 is it? 

35 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Seems like Mr. @shiba2b is a cheongster... :D I smell a WRX before in your younger days.. :D or is that an Evo...

Which bike course is it in Chiang Mai, it's really cool there during the right months... I can imagine riding a nice Duke 200 up there... :D

your sense of smell is quite good 😄

it's quite cool in winter but the afternoons are blazing hot - can get heat stroke if didn't hydrate.

i went here in Chiang Mai https://www.facebook.com/HondaSafetyRidingParkChiangMai

Took their 2 day pre-clutch course at the start of my trip. The course is 9am-4pm each day! Ride till hand pain and dizzy due to dehydration. Also took the Basic course just for fun before i left for SG. The circuit is very empty (no other concurrent courses) smooth, clean and the bikes are very low mileage. Mine had just 3k-5k km on them. I plan to go back and do more courses.

they have a branch in Phuket too (as well as in Bangkok) so perhaps you can pop by and have a look. https://www.facebook.com/HondaSafetyRidingParkPhuket

2 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

it's quite cool in winter but the afternoons are blazing hot - can get heat stroke if didn't hydrate.

i went here in Chiang Mai https://www.facebook.com/HondaSafetyRidingParkChiangMai

Took their 2 day pre-clutch course at the start of my trip. The course is 9am-4pm each day! Ride till hand pain and dizzy due to dehydration. Also took the Basic course just for fun before i left for SG. The circuit is very empty (no other concurrent courses) smooth, clean and the bikes are very low mileage. Mine had just 3k-5k km on them. I plan to go back and do more courses.

they have a branch in Phuket too (as well as in Bangkok) so perhaps you can pop by and have a look. https://www.facebook.com/HondaSafetyRidingParkPhuket

Wah this is like so interesting.. i feel like i will eat dirt more than im on the bike thou.. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shiba2b said:

this is the Honda circuit at Chiang Mai. See the dirt course lol

oh they offer courses for scooter (auto) too. 

see the long straight? that's where we practice e-brake, but while dry. But at higher speeds. I went to 70km/h towards the end lol

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 13.03.28 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 13.03.28.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nakuru said:

I have been trying to put more weight n walk.  But just 5 min of standing my leg will turn purple from the blood rush already.. then it will start to get uncomfortable n if i dun sit down soon then my knee will let me know what pain feels like. haha

Wah this is so cute lor... I actually wanna ride the kawasaki oso.. love the look of it.. especially when im so small size but ride big bikes.. i need to go do alot of physical training if i wanna do tt sia.. hahaha 

Take your time on the leg and as long you try but don't strain.. there will be progress :)

Yes, the Kawasaki looks really nice! Don't worry about being small size... look at the Spanish Smurf, Danny Pedrosa's height... 5' 2inches and he can ride MotoGP... 1000CC.. He's super fast and one of the best riders

8 hours ago, snooptrader said:

LOL... no no... you will sure pass your circuit.. just keep doing it... The main thing is that... we must love riding and learn to do it safely... after all, we are doing road riding and not those MotoGP riding... :D

I failed again 😂 timing issue 😑 I can't go below 11 secs. I'm like 13 sec 😂

No ppl is good at anything from the start la.. as long as u keep trying n learn the correct technique eventually u will get it 1.. i also tot i couldnt from the start but i passed n got my license in 1 try leh.. u can do it also de 👍

On 9/19/2022 at 3:11 PM, adesmond2 said:

Thank you for the encouragement 😊 we'll see. Sian hahaha 

Below got 1 24hrs kopitiam.. i shld be able to crutch there with sheer determination la 😂😂

Sheer determination sounds like soooo much effort!

u're now on lesson 3 is it? 

Yup! Just failed the 5th time 😂

7 hours ago, shiba2b said:

This is so interesting! Maybe I should've done that instead 😂 try for two days see like or not 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Don't be dishearten... keep on going at it and always enjoy the time on the bike! That is the most important when we get onto a bike.. Just like the way I feel when I get behind the wheel, just love it  :)

9 hours ago, shiba2b said:

Hahah, when you know 99 turns... I guess you must have been /are a petrol head.. :)

Thanks for sharing @shiba2b it looks really like good training and I'm making plans on trying out on the next trip to Phuket. It's quite far from where I usually stay but the love of two wheels, will be there! I guess that they have the course in English :D

How's the duke you have in Singapore coming along? How many KM(s) have you put on that machine?

8 hours ago, shiba2b said:

this is the Honda circuit at Chiang Mai. See the dirt course lol

oh they offer courses for scooter (auto) too. 

see the long straight? that's where we practice e-brake, but while dry. But at higher speeds. I went to 70km/h towards the end lol

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 13.03.28 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 13.03.28.jpeg

Awesome pictures and the training tracks look great! The naked bikes looks nice and it would be excellent to have training on them.... While sport bikes look the most fearsome ... I tend to veer towards road / naked bikes.. seem more comfortable and basically for road riding.. don't intend to hit apexes, shift my butt nor hang out my right leg on a turn.. LOL

47 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Hahah, when you know 99 turns... I guess you must have been /are a petrol head.. :)

Thanks for sharing @shiba2b it looks really like good training and I'm making plans on trying out on the next trip to Phuket. It's quite far from where I usually stay but the love of two wheels, will be there! I guess that they have the course in English :D

How's the duke you have in Singapore coming along? How many KM(s) have you put on that machine?

The Chiang Mai facility caters mostly to foreigners so most courses are conducted in English. I would think the Phuket guys are also set up to train non-thai speaking foreigners. 

Riding the KTM Duke has been a love-hate experience 😅 I've put on about 600km on two separate Dukes (from the same rental shop) over 3 weeks. It's very rev-happy and acceleration is quick at gears 1-3. It has enough torque at gear 2 and 3 to go through slow speed stuff without having to drop gear. However, i can now understand why it has a reputation for overheating. Temperature goes up at when riding slowly when it's not wet/cold outside. Temperature rises when stopped at traffic lights. I've checked that the engine oil and coolant levels are normal and that the radiator fan is working properly. I can't check if the thermostat is working but the bike rental shop says this bike is "like that". 

If wearing berms to ride, one can feel the heat radiating off the engine and radiator.  

For reference, the pic below is after riding on expressway at night at up to 80km/h for about 30min and then 5 min from the exit to my carpark. On the expressway, the gauge was stable at two bars lower but quickly rose during the 5 min slow ride to carpark. 

I'm not sure what happens if the temp goes up further. Perhaps fuel/rev cut or the bike simply shuts down. 

i had initially thought of getting a Duke if i had to buy a bike here as it's one of the few 200cc bikes i know of but now, i have to reconsider it. 

p.s. i had a CB150R for a few days before the Duke, so i was able to compare these two models.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-19 at 12.26.34.jpeg

3 hours ago, Janeoh said:

did the instructor say which aspect of it you need to work on?

perhaps the throttle is closed when in gear 2? i think need to open abt 5% throttle when going thru the s-course. Otherwise the bike will be too slow. Depends on the bike though - each bike's throttle sensitivity is slightly different. Or open throttle more and use clutch + rear brake to control the speed. 

for me, i found that i need to go at a speed that slightly scares me in order to meet the 11s timing. If i'm comfortable going round it, likely borderline or fail outright lol. With the speed, one can lean to make the curve easier without having to do too much on turning the handlebars left/right.

43 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

for me, i found that i need to go at a speed that slightly scares me in order to meet the 11s timing. If i'm comfortable going round it, likely borderline or fail outright lol. With the speed, one can lean to make the curve easier without having to do too much on turning the handlebars left/right.

Possibly this! I just got over the turning and leaning so now I'm still hesitant about going at a speed that slightly scares me 😂 he just said open up the throttle more!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Possibly this! I just got over the turning and leaning so now I'm still hesitant about going at a speed that slightly scares me 😂 he just said open up the throttle more!

sounds like a plan!

just try to go ever so slightly faster each time on your next session. Also, the short straight transition in the middle between the left and right curves is a place to open throttle a little more and gain some speed. Sure can make it.

coincidentally, a friend just sent me this LOL 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Thank you for the encouragement 😊 we'll see. Sian hahaha 

Sheer determination sounds like soooo much effort!

can one.. dun think so much.. just go for it... ;)

12 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Awesome pictures and the training tracks look great! The naked bikes looks nice and it would be excellent to have training on them.... While sport bikes look the most fearsome ... I tend to veer towards road / naked bikes.. seem more comfortable and basically for road riding.. don't intend to hit apexes, shift my butt nor hang out my right leg on a turn.. LOL

riden a sport bike for more then a decade.. KRR150.. change to MT03 for a change but still really prefer the full fairing look.. hahaha.. 

see R3 really tempting to swap over but on 2nd tots.. waste of money since I already do up nicely for my current bike.. (same engine some more) 😂

10 hours ago, Janeoh said:

on the road really just need to open more.. LOL

On 9/20/2022 at 10:38 AM, adesmond2 said:

I think Yamaha clutch is "assist and slipper" clutch. If I understood it correctly ... The assist thing means you don't need as much effort to pull the clutch in. So clutch feels much lighter to operate.

The slipper thing means when the engine brake is too strong, the clutch will disengage correspondingly. On bikes with such slipper clutch, engine brake effect is very much lighter in those situation, than those without. It's meant as a solution to situations when you downshift too aggressively when bike is still at high speed. Without the slipper, your rear wheel would tend to lock up as the vehicle still has the inertia and momentum to move fast but the over aggressive downshift caused engine to brake the rear wheel very hard.

MT15 seems to have this, but MT03 doesn't seem to have it.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 10:16 PM, shiba2b said:

Riding the KTM Duke has been a love-hate experience 😅 I've put on about 600km on two separate Dukes (from the same rental shop) over 3 weeks. It's very rev-happy and acceleration is quick at gears 1-3. It has enough torque at gear 2 and 3 to go through slow speed stuff without having to drop gear. However, i can now understand why it has a reputation for overheating. Temperature goes up at when riding slowly when it's not wet/cold outside. Temperature rises when stopped at traffic lights. I've checked that the engine oil and coolant levels are normal and that the radiator fan is working properly. I can't check if the thermostat is working but the bike rental shop says this bike is "like that". 

ya.. it really is like tt.. the duke overheats fast.. but so far it has not cut off the engine for my husb's bike.. just gets uncomfortable like as if the balls are on the way to get cooked.. hahaha.. it gets worst when its inside the kpe/mce tunnel.. so usually my husb will just try to get out of there asap.. 

On 9/20/2022 at 6:56 PM, Janeoh said:

try to ask the instructor why n how to improve.. ask them more questions.. doesnt matter whether the question is stupid or not as long as it helps u.. 

On 9/20/2022 at 11:14 PM, Janeoh said:

speed + weight of the bike really does make it scary but dun worry.. just brake if shit goes wrong.. drop the bike oso nvm.. just try not to hurt urself can already

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

ya.. it really is like tt.. the duke overheats fast.. but so far it has not cut off the engine for my husb's bike.. just gets uncomfortable like as if the balls are on the way to get cooked.. hahaha.. it gets worst when its inside the kpe/mce tunnel.. so usually my husb will just try to get out of there asap.. 

thanks for the feedback! i try to avoid the tunnels but more for my own comfort LOL. Really warm inside.

i hope you are better?

1 hour ago, shiba2b said:

thanks for the feedback! i try to avoid the tunnels but more for my own comfort LOL. Really warm inside.

i hope you are better?

i agree on that too cos the tunnel is really warm n uncomfortable.. even when im on my bike i will try to lane split out asap.. but sometimes dun really have a choice cos that is like the best route from where im travelling from already.. 

feels the same to me but slowly gaining back mobility i guess? at least the thigh muscles are slowly gaining back and not look concave and flat like a hamster now.. im able to lift my leg while bending now too.. still cant raise when it is straighten thou.. other than that, mentally still pretty drained n depressing since im just stuck in the room.. my leg will turn purple if i stand too long.. haha.. was chatting with a fren who works as a physiotherapist for tips and she told me my injury can easily take 6-8 months to heal cos i got do skin grafting too.. need to let the nerves grow back n have better blood circulation.. then i also cannot stretch too much in case skin tear etc etc.. sighz.. painful process.. but im still trying to push myself everyday so that i can go out and back on my bike soon..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nakuru said:

try to ask the instructor why n how to improve.. ask them more questions.. doesnt matter whether the question is stupid or not as long as it helps u.. 

guess that what I have to do. 

6 hours ago, Nakuru said:

speed + weight of the bike really does make it scary but dun worry.. just brake if shit goes wrong.. drop the bike oso nvm.. just try not to hurt urself can already

Ya... next round I'll think about going faster. This time I kept thinking about the signals 😂

3 hours ago, Nakuru said:

was chatting with a fren who works as a physiotherapist for tips and she told me my injury can easily take 6-8 months to heal cos i got do skin grafting too.. need to let the nerves grow back n have better blood circulation.. then i also cannot stretch too much in case skin tear etc etc.. sighz.. painful process.. but im still trying to push myself everyday so that i can go out and back on my bike soon..

Then would acupuncture help to improve circulation??