SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Fino solo ride to Mhs.........

gixxer 73

593.jpg

15 days....1 small machine...

Sg>Hatyai>train ride to Banpong...42km from Kanchanaburi>Nakhon Sawan>Mae sot>Mae Hong Son>Chiangmai>Mae Sai stay for 4 days>tak>Bkk>Hua Hin>Chumphon>Hatyai>Sg....

Edited by gixxer 73

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Power Bro! :thumb:

Phantom TA200 2012, Vara 125 2013 (Betong)

TZR 125 (HatYai) 2013 & 2018 (Tak Bai)

CB400SF PB1 (Danok, HatYai, Yala, Betong and Su-ngai Kolok) 2014

CB400SF PB1 Iron Butt SaddleSore 1600k 25th Feb 2015

NT650V Deuville (Pattani) (Solo SG-MY-TH-LS)

ST1100 Pan 3 mountain ride in 24hr , MHS 1864 2017

http://tripdrive.blogspot.sg

kahkahkahkah. Not to belittle your journey gixxer. Good to have you back safe and sound. admire your courage going up there . must have been riding 100km /hr most of the time then??

Edited by MR BIKER
wrong

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to say this, but to ride for such long journey and in foreign land on such a small machine is quite foolish in my opinion.

Would not encourage others to follow in your footsteps.

It doesn't make any difference whether a motorcyclist has the right-of-way or not, the rider is the one most likely to get hurt.

http://www.motorcycle-accidents.com/bike_photo/4-21-02_b.jpg

Sorry to say this, but to ride for such long journey and in foreign land on such a small machine is quite foolish in my opinion.

Would not encourage others to follow in your footsteps.

Actually, I think it's alright.

It's not the most comfortable ride due to the frequent fuel top ups and the vibration but in terms of serviceability, it's the best bike to be riding around with in Asia and especially Thailand. There is no lack of spares for this bike in any part of TH.

You can load the machine on any pickup or pop by any bike shop and they can fix it up for you. Even a makeshift repair on the road should suffice until you get it fixed.

In the event of a really big issue, you can just leave it in a corner and not loose any sleep while you get some help.

With a bigger bike, it is definitely difficult to get spares but the ride is so much more comfortable and there are far less fuel stops.

Riding a bigger bike is safer and faster but then again it all depends on the rider.

http://www.geocities.com/sg_fazer/earth.JPG

• 1 month later...
Actually, I think it's alright.

It's not the most comfortable ride due to the frequent fuel top ups and the vibration but in terms of serviceability, it's the best bike to be riding around with in Asia and especially Thailand. There is no lack of spares for this bike in any part of TH.

You can load the machine on any pickup or pop by any bike shop and they can fix it up for you. Even a makeshift repair on the road should suffice until you get it fixed.

In the event of a really big issue, you can just leave it in a corner and not loose any sleep while you get some help.

With a bigger bike, it is definitely difficult to get spares but the ride is so much more comfortable and there are far less fuel stops.

Riding a bigger bike is safer and faster but then again it all depends on the rider.

I believe that when it comes to long-distance touring, it's more the rider than the bike; you can go anywhere (that's properly paved) as long as you have a reliable machine. It'll just take longer, your ass will be more sore, and you'll have to always worry about the next fuel stop.

I found ReBornBikeR's comment quite offensive, really. Putting someone down because he's done something beyond your own comfort level is not nice at all. Riders who insist that one can only tour on a big bike are like douchebags with big fat prosumer DSLRs telling others using point-and-shoots that they can't take good photographs, and that no one else should try unless they have "proper gear".

Props to the OP for doing something I wouldn't have. The Fino's a great little scooter (rode it around Chiang Mai and barely made it up and down Doi Suthep with it), but I don't see myself enjoying long rides on it. I plan to ride up to Pai on my DRZ400SM, though. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]277539[/ATTACH]

15 days....1 small machine...

Sg>Hatyai>train ride to Banpong...42km from Kanchanaburi>Nakhon Sawan>Mae sot>Mae Hong Son>Chiangmai>Mae Sai stay for 4 days>tak>Bkk>Hua Hin>Chumphon>Hatyai>Sg....

THUMBS UP!!!

proven bike size doesnt matter.

Die hard Fan of Modern Creation Munich.