SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woah yohji, went to take a look at your bike pics, my oh my. Its outlook is amazing, clean polished, looks like brand new, how old is your bike?

EDIT: Think I see a tachometer, so yours should be a new one?

Oh where did you get that tank pad protector thing from? Got the Ducati Performance logo!! Love it!!

The DOF of some pics are cool too!!

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

Originally posted by espido1001@Dec 30 2005, 04:48 PM

spockets cost normally ard 200 onwards i guesss? my mito's spocket used to cost abt 170(fr cagiva) if i remembered correctly. monster's ones should be abt 200+ but aftermarket ones can cost more than tht ... basically...u increase pick-up...top speed will be lowered....and vice versa.... :cheer:

Well, my advice is to invest on good quality sprockets for a quieter ride, and longer chain life.

Originally posted by Sols@Dec 30 2005, 08:39 PM

show show...

its the same right?

same size also right?

it fits just nice right?

cos my mito now got no reflector...

I think so! Guess it should be judging from your image. Mine's instead of green seems blue-ish!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1996 - 1997 : Aprillia RS125 Extrema

1997 - 1998 : Yamaha DT200WR

1998 - 2005 : Not been Riding.....

2005 - 2006 : Honda XR400RV & Ducati Monster

2006 Onwards : Something BIG ! ! is coming.......

Originally posted by yohji@Dec 30 2005, 08:47 PM

GalanteD,

So you are the one who bought RRR's Monster! I was wondering why you didn't want to take the Termis?? I bought the Termis from him after you bought his Monster.

So you re-sprayed the bike to black eh? Hehe .. RRR told me you are obsessed with black. Hehe!

After i confirmed the bike, i told him i would consider the pipes and when i came back a day later, sold liao! Lightning sale! Guess it's fated to go to you! As for Black, i'm one true fan! All the rides that reaches into my hands will turn Black!(Pics in my Siggy are my rides!) Actually, my Wardrobe is 90% Black in colour too! Ahahaha!

I must say you also have a great bike and an excellent camera too man! The pictures were fantastic so was the bike(Super Clean and Neat)!

Shiet like the Taxi incident do happen everyday so it's always good for us to ride defensively!

Originally posted by Sols@Dec 30 2005, 08:50 PM

RRR's bike is the 2 digit plate one arh? no. 30 or something issit? that used to be red? with the round termis...

Bingo! It's now my Ride!

Originally posted by contacted@Dec 30 2005, 11:05 PM

woah yohji, went to take a look at your bike pics, my oh my. Its outlook is amazing, clean polished, looks like brand new, how old is your bike?

EDIT: Think I see a tachometer, so yours should be a new one?

Oh where did you get that tank pad protector thing from? Got the Ducati Performance logo!! Love it!!

The DOF of some pics are cool too!!

High time for you to change a tank pad when you get the paint job bro. Minerva sell some cool ones at $50......Ebay also have some Neat ones too!

Originally posted by nE0@Dec 31 2005, 02:24 AM

Well, my advice is to invest on good quality sprockets for a quieter ride, and longer chain life.

What Combo and Brand do you recommend Bro Neo?

Thanks for the compliments Contacted and GalanteD! I am the kind that cannot tahan to see my bike dirty. So whenever I am free I would clean the bike. Anyway a big amount of credit should go to the ex-owner - Mr Coolcat who took really good care of the bike and dressing it up with numerous carbon fibre bits (which are not cheap! I went to Minerva and checked out the prices). That was why I have made up my mind to go for it after viewing his bike. I was even afraid that he will change his mind and keep the bike for himself haha!

Contacted,

BTW the tank protector was purchased from Minerva for $45. It is made of carbon fiber, coated with the plasticky/rubbery thing outside. There is another design with "Ducati Corse" logo. That one cost $50. I don't know what "Corse" means so I didn't buy that one. The tedious part is when you want to stick the protector on. Got to make sure it is straight and no dirt is on the tank (I used light fluid to give it a quick wipe). Best of got 2 persons. One person can help to judge while the other one sticks the protector on. Yes my bike is the 2002 model, that is why it has a tacho.

GalanteD,

Actually RRR's bike was one of the bikes that I have viewed prior to buying my current bike. I knew about his Termis. Although I did not buy the bike, I told him I am very interested in the Termis. So I said if the new owner do not want them, call me. So immediately after receiving RRR's good news, I went over, put on the pipes and rode home hehe!!

c26492.jpg

yohji do u play billard/pool? coz there was a few times when i was driving/sitting in friends car ...i chance upon a very new yellow monster...i think FX/FY..the guy had a pool/billard cue bag slung over his shoulders. a few times... and always in town area...either he lives ard there or he frequents there.youngster .prob young 20's...of coz i didnt said hi...it would be wierd coz i'm driving..haha :smile:

Originally posted by espido1001@Dec 31 2005, 03:30 PM

yohji do u play billard/pool? coz there was a few times when i was driving/sitting in friends car ...i chance upon a very new yellow monster...i think FX/FY..the guy had a pool/billard cue bag slung over his shoulders. a few times... and always in town area...either he lives ard there or he frequents there.youngster .prob young 20's...of coz i didnt said hi...it would be wierd coz i'm driving..haha :smile:

Mmm nope I don't play billard or pool. I don't like ball games. I'm only interested in "moving" sports (mountainbiking, swimming, jogging, car-racing-on xbox lah) hehe. BTW my bike is FV plate. I seldom go to Orchard area also. I always go home after work, very boring person lah.

c26492.jpg

Saw contacted today along Parkway Parade at 15:30hrs.

What are you doing there up and down the street huh?

I was inside a taxi with my family.

I felt wicked and really feel like opening the door when you past by to greet you.

Hah hah hah.. just kidding.

Wishing all a Happy New Year 2006 and may the new year bring you happines and good health.

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

neo/yohji

thanks alot for ya inputs bro...bt me lazy to crack my head abt duke too much so i dig real deep into my pocket & towed my bike 2 minerva....replace new pump $200, clutch seal $20, brake line svc $25, brake lite $25, hr charges $20 per 1/2 hr or someting all 2gether $298.65 fcku sia.....! if i knw i juz get da parts & fix up else where da hr charges not jutifiable 2me cuz aft svc they put my bike in da god damn sun...and they dun even hv much space to put all others bikes...lucky i love da bike bt da best thing mech told me was why da f*** i buy a ducati? :confused:

i am getting my meter reader in 2 weeks time so my speedo can wek for $80...damn!

dark_monster

da same senario 4 me bt only ting i makan a s4 frm behind & siam at corner which he didnt cut as low as i did....maybe bcuz i am young dats y i more siao.....heheh!

bt end of story wanna race can bt U must be in FULL control & dun let TP catch hor....hehehehe!

sols

mine 2nd party $688, me 23 no ncd cuz got alot of acct case...racin..hehhe!

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...

2004 Honda Varadero XL125 ride to tour

2005 Ducati Monster 400 for track use :p

2006 white r3 spec gen2 manual gear for pimping hehehe!

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

Originally posted by vincekam@Dec 31 2005, 09:04 PM

Saw contacted today along Parkway Parade at 15:30hrs.

What are you doing there up and down the street huh?

I was inside a taxi with my family.

I felt wicked and really feel like opening the door when you past by to greet you.

Hah hah hah.. just kidding.

Wishing all a Happy New Year 2006 and may the new year bring you happines and good health.

Cheers!

:cheeky:

I just came out of parkway parade? Anyway went to Isetan to buy a tie then left parkway parade. Sigh then rain until so jia lat, stop at a bus stop for a while to let the rain get lighter.

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

Originally posted by pro dero

As for the rear brake, I don't really bother about how retarded it is, I only use it when pillioning, or to alter my line mid corner. But if you wanna improve it, you have to change the master pump. I think the stock one is too small.

Is it normal for a Monster's rear brake to be "retarted"? The rear brake on mine is ineffective, got to step all the way down, then got a little effect, and at the same time it produces a very high pitch screeching sound which is kinda annoying.

Checked with Mike, he said this is normal and it's the same on all ducatis.

But then, isn't it dangerous to ride without rear brake? And if I want to have an effective rear brake, what should I do/change?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

http://home2.pacific.net.sg/~hwee_li/avatar/vespa.gif

yo hl...

hmm... like what neo said, you need a new master pump for the rear brake lor...

i've always found all streetbike rear brakes very ineffective... but then again it could be the position of the brake lever... like on street bikes, your foot is more or less resting or above the lever when cruising... so its more comfy... but for my mito, i have to lift my foot off the lever while cruising... so like if i don't put in the effort, then i'd be slightly braking my rear... so when i need to brake, i just press abit more (more of like just put my foot in a slightly more relaxed position), then bite already... i use abit more strength and i will almost lock my rear wheel liao...

but for street bike, i.e. Super 4 and monster both must press all the way down to activate the brake... maybe cos the pegs are in such a position that for you to actually start the pump working, your foot has to go quite down on the lever... when for it to really bite, must press harder... phantom not so bad cos its infront... easier to step...

get what i mean? thats what i think lah... accurate or not not sure... lol...

anyway...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

From then to now...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/solley/bikes.jpg

Rehdeer : Got your Ducati already? Thats great! :thumb:

Anyways, I rarely use my rear brake much, and i'd much rather have an ineffective rear brake than one strong enough to lock up the rear wheel while cornering. I sometimes use the rear brake to tighten up the line if I corner too fast, so panic stomping of the rear brake on my Ducati is kinda safe, cos its pretty hopeless to begin with :D

To have better rear brakes, I think the brake pump should be changed. Or, you can change your riding style and just use the excellent front brakes. (Ducatis all have very good front brakes)

Pro Dero > Thats a huge amount of $~! There are two ways to fix problems. One is to study the symtoms, and based on knowledge, experience and logic, narrow down the possible faults.

Another way is to replace everything with new parts. A new bike solves every single problem. :thumb:

Originally posted by yohji@Dec 30 2005, 08:44 PM

When are you going to get more models? Maybe we can go together and get discount. Anyone else keen on this? Thinking of getting 2. One for my room and one for office. BTW for those who are interested, there are some pictures of my bike here: Yahoo Photo Album. Look under the Motorcycle album.

Don't think those shops in Wheelock Place will give discount like that, but can give it a try. I don't mind getting a yellow. Haven't really thought about when going... PM me if you're going, then I'll see if I can join you.

Great pictures of your Ducati, thanks for sharing :smile:

Sols and nE0,

Thanks for your replies. Guess it's really normal then, for the rear brake to be ineffective. I think I'll try to get used to the bike with the existing rear brake.

However, if I decide to change brake pump in future, where can I get it done? Also roughly how much will it cost? Thanks.

Originally posted by Sols@Jan 1 2006, 02:00 AM

yo hl...

hmm... like what neo said, you need a new master pump for the rear brake lor...

i've always found all streetbike rear brakes very ineffective... but then again it could be the position of the brake lever... like on street bikes, your foot is more or less resting or above the lever when cruising... so its more comfy... but for my mito, i have to lift my foot off the lever while cruising... so like if i don't put in the effort, then i'd be slightly braking my rear... so when i need to brake, i just press abit more (more of like just put my foot in a slightly more relaxed position), then bite already... i use abit more strength and i will almost lock my rear wheel liao...

but for street bike, i.e. Super 4 and monster both must press all the way down to activate the brake... maybe cos the pegs are in such a position that for you to actually start the pump working, your foot has to go quite down on the lever... when for it to really bite, must press harder... phantom not so bad cos its infront... easier to step...

get what i mean? thats what i think lah... accurate or not not sure... lol...

anyway...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

wrong lah..

most ppl will make the rear brakes effective..

all the super4s tat i borrow to test ride from my frens, the rear brake is in good condition. and my current riding style is tat, if i needed to slow down a little to make a decision, i would use the rear brake rather than the front or engine brake.

how to compare? even if s4 rider use front brake only.. he got 1 more disc compared to ur monster.. better get the rear brake working..

:cheeky:

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11337/tri_daytona675.jpg

counting down again to the final class of license..

riding.. freedom.. it comes together..

Originally posted by rehdeer@Jan 1 2006, 10:44 AM

Sols and nE0,

Thanks for your replies. Guess it's really normal then, for the rear brake to be ineffective. I think I'll try to get used to the bike with the existing rear brake.

However, if I decide to change brake pump in future, where can I get it done? Also roughly how much will it cost? Thanks.

get the necessary stuff working first..

cosmetics later..

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11337/tri_daytona675.jpg

counting down again to the final class of license..

riding.. freedom.. it comes together..