SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] Malaysia : Malacca

Guest pipika

hi would like to noe do any bro rid all the way to malacca in a S4?i'm thinking of riding alone up this coming sat n rid back in the nite. will thr b any danger?i'm totally new wif a bike up north. can anyone help?

It's not a problem to ride to Mallaca with a S4. Only danger on the NS highway would be accidents caused by other motorists. Other than that it's relatively safe unless you decide to head down to Mallaca via the trunk roads. Just enter the 2nd Link and follow the signs to Mallaca. Exit at Ayer Keroh.

To get to Mallaca town. Follow the signs along the way. For extra assurance, you may want to grab your hands on a road map at the GP Esso station.

Reatively easy 2 to 3 hour ride depending on how fast you are...

http://www.geocities.com/sg_fazer/earth.JPG

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a problem to ride to Mallaca with a S4. Only danger on the NS highway would be accidents caused by other motorists. Other than that it's relatively safe unless you decide to head down to Mallaca via the trunk roads. Just enter the 2nd Link and follow the signs to Mallaca. Exit at Ayer Keroh.

To get to Mallaca town. Follow the signs along the way. For extra assurance, you may want to grab your hands on a road map at the GP Esso station.

Reatively easy 2 to 3 hour ride depending on how fast you are...

Remember to multiply by 2 if you are coming back. ie give yourself 6 hours return trip without much stopping.

Remember to multiply by 2 if you are coming back. ie give yourself 6 hours return trip without much stopping.

thks lao uncle, btw r really tat old meh?hehehe......i wun b riding tat fast oso lah scare oso will try to maintain at 100-110kmh.

hi would like to noe do any bro rid all the way to malacca in a S4?i'm thinking of riding alone up this coming sat n rid back in the nite. will thr b any danger?i'm totally new wif a bike up north. can anyone help?

Been up there a number of times. Riding an R6. Can't go Saturday night but would willing to go for a day trip some time later. Let me know.

It's an easy ride if you use the N-S highway.

Been up there a number of times. Riding an R6. Can't go Saturday night but would willing to go for a day trip some time later. Let me know.

It's an easy ride if you use the N-S highway.

hi bro i'll b going this coming sat, just hav my bike check wif the workshop everything is fine for the long trip hehehe.....thinking of meeting those going for the charity rid one but dunno any of them.

Guest AngMohKia

Meet me at 7am Esso Station Gelang Patah. I ride to Kluang for breakfast then go melaka. Black STX and wearing a black and white bandana. See you. I leaving at 7.30 sharp.

Meet me at 7am Esso Station Gelang Patah. I ride to Kluang for breakfast then go melaka. Black STX and wearing a black and white bandana. See you. I leaving at 7.30 sharp.

sori bro will b leaving only at 9am not so early cos some of my frens is driving, thks for the info man ur nice. nextt ime we meet for further up trip ok?thks again

just plug in your earphone, wear your riding jacket and glove, top-up tank and go...

dont forget tire repair kit :) in case **** happen.

some time back i also not sure go alone can or not till one forumer told me if you prepared then why not sure.. go lah and enjoy :) so i went .. make a few friends along the way :)

but boring part sometime smoke alone and kopi alone...

have fun!!

~Biker Till I Die~

thks for all the bro for the advise, went alone. along the way met some of my frens who drove up at maclacca but when in the kiosk at petronas saw many big bikes thr bit p=of pie sei to ask them r they SBF too. den saw many bikes stop at ayer keroh some u-turn goes back singapore some stay n when into town. den when back at the kiosk saw many ST1100 at shell stn n oso many big bikes at the petronas oso.

• 3 months later...

:thumb:

some many similar threads to look for.

check back on previous thread.. think there's something on melaka =)

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

• 4 months later...

hi fellow riders,

need the operating hours for the restaurant .Thnx:)

My orgasm starts at 299km/h.....

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

5th ride - CBRXX1100:thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi season-ed tourers ! Intend to plan a trip to malacca wif my friends for the very first time...none of us have ride there before...Maybe staying there for 1 night...So can any kind soul out there post a updated map of the route there and back ? And any hotels/motels wif guard that can jaga our bikes ? Any wad are the charges for the rooms like ? Thanks ! :thumb:

July 2006-21st Aug 2007 :Honda NSR SP (FS1029R)

21st Aug 2007-28th Oct 2009 :Honda CB400 Spec III (FY8*8*M)

5th Sept 09-20th Nov 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa K6 FBA 9**6 J

30 Jan 13-Hyundai Getz 1.6 SFV*1*1K

20th Nov 13-Honda CBR600RR 2008 FBE4*4*S

2015-2015:Mitsubishi Lancer GLX

28th Oct 2015-Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff216/Stardust_83/IMG_60122.jpg

Hi bro ,

Hit nsh , pump at gelang patah then ride all the way to pagoh , stop there and pump , exit at ayer keroh melaka. one exit u enter melaka , just follow the directions to town , cant get lost.

For hotel bro , i am sori i never stay there normally i just ride touch and go .

hope it helps.

http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~cpetit/penaflor/images/Taz-bom2.jpg

Hi season-ed tourers ! Intend to plan a trip to malacca wif my friends for the very first time...none of us have ride there before...Maybe staying there for 1 night...So can any kind soul out there post a updated map of the route there and back ? And any hotels/motels wif guard that can jaga our bikes ? Any wad are the charges for the rooms like ? Thanks ! :thumb:

When u want go there?? Want go together there for one day??

1998- Yamaha RX-Z(FR****K)

2002-2003(Oct)- Honda Super 4 Vtec II(FV***C)

2006 to 2010(June)- Honda ST1100(FQ****M)

2006 - 2010(June)... Honda Super 4 Vtec II(FW****U)

sound good...

Define Danger

More time on road = More Danger

Less time on road = Less Danger

Slower Speed = More Time On Road

Faster Speed = Less Time on Road

Thus

Less Time on Road = Less Danger = Faster Speed~~

• 2 weeks later...

These 2 hotels are quite ok.

Small rooms but since not staying in it all day long should be just nice.

Both are near each other and close to town centre.

1. Ming Hotel

Got promotion rate at rm50 when I was there last month.

No breakfast I think. Didn't stayed there cos full house.

Address: 116-3 Jalan Bendahara. Tel 06-2836288

** Located just after some old church and by the road on the left.

2. Accordian Hotel

rm90 per room with simple breakfast.

Got TV but limited channels.

Open air carpark just opposite the Hotel.

** Located after Ming Hotel. See Pizza Hut at a junction, turn left and immediately will see the Hotel on your left.

Or if you like closer to town centre, check out Hotel Puri at http://hotelpuri.com/index.html

It will cost more but conveniently located near historical sites and giant shopping centres.

Hope this helps.

David

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

whoa u guys dug out a 4-yr old thread... :thumb:

Yesterday was history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a blessing. I love today.

1998: honda hurricane

1999: Rxz, TXR150 gamma

2000: L2s turbo

2001: ZXR250

2002: RS125

2003: CBR900

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/FireBLade9282/SBFpic.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Came back from malacca yesterday. We were there on the 28 Apr and stayed at the Melia Hotel - cost RM 80 a night. The hotel have a open air car park with security guard at night. You can also try the Fenix hotel close to carrefour.

on 29 apr morning, we park our bike at bike park next to the Proclaimation of Independance Memorial building next to St Paul hill and walked around the area - The stadhuy, jonker street and etc. The parking cost RM1 and and extra 0.50cts if you want then to look after your helmet also.

We eat at wine mee suah at coffee shop on Melaka raya 15 and Nonya food at the makan Manis restuarant on melaka raya 9. We went to medan ikan bakar, a restuarant next to river mouth at Sungei Duyung - very nice scenic location for dinner.

Hope this help those planning to go malacca.

DSCN1827.jpg

DSCN1706.jpg

DSCN1809.jpg

The picture of the famous fish ball coffee shop is where we ate the wine mee suah. The picture of the river along the costal road to umbai from Malacca. Turn right when you see the ikan bakar sign - once you turn, the river should be on right.

DSCN1810.jpg

DSCN1804.jpg